I got a question for WA/OR people...

Sondy132001
Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 6:33pm
Whatever happened to Michael York ?? and his sidekick Sean (his last name escapes me) Sean was super tall raced pro....

S
|
Slow ~ Pro
11/26/2008 12:52pm
He moved on to Play "Basil Exposition" in the Austin Powers, series.

MXR
11/26/2008 1:06pm
I did not ride or race from 1985 to 1995 , but I remember seeing him riding in 1995 at some local arenacross and Washougal a few times going really fast . Not sure why he stopped riding though or what he is doing now .
Slow ~ Pro
11/26/2008 1:09pm
That will cost you 2 drinks !
Not a Problem...So that's not the guy ?

And BTW, I plan on spilling at least two drinks !

The Shop

mxpimp
11/26/2008 6:10pm
He stopped for a while and then started to come back. I think he had a kid.???
mcphilly
11/26/2008 7:08pm
Whatever happened to Michael York ?? and his sidekick Sean (his last name escapes me) Sean was super tall raced pro....

S
Are you thinking about Sean Highland from Medford OR ? He used to race pro back in the 90s quite a bit. He used to be a notch slower than Jason McCormick , Ryan Huffman and Danny Ulven when they were all racing up here in the northwest . Back when the Pac West nationals were the shit lol

As for York , I grew up racing with that kid in the late 80s and early 90s I thought for sure he was going to go a bit further as a pro . Last time I saw him race was at the 97 LA Coliseum , he didnt make it through the pre quals in the 125s.
Seattlecfi
8/31/2012 5:30pm
He crashed on the first lap of practice in Anaheim in 1999 shattering is leg. He raced a few times after that, but was never able to really recover from his knee injury prior to the 1996 season. Last I heard, his son and daughter were racing BMX a little.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/31/2012 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 5:50pm

S
mcphilly wrote:
Are you thinking about Sean Highland from Medford OR ? He used to race pro back in the 90s quite a bit. He used to be...
Are you thinking about Sean Highland from Medford OR ? He used to race pro back in the 90s quite a bit. He used to be a notch slower than Jason McCormick , Ryan Huffman and Danny Ulven when they were all racing up here in the northwest . Back when the Pac West nationals were the shit lol

As for York , I grew up racing with that kid in the late 80s and early 90s I thought for sure he was going to go a bit further as a pro . Last time I saw him race was at the 97 LA Coliseum , he didnt make it through the pre quals in the 125s.
What ever happened to Chaun Mcalister ...?
He used to race in Washington quite a bit,I think he was from Idaho.
Pretty sure he raced SX for a while also 92 & 93.
Hando
8/31/2012 5:53pm

S
mcphilly wrote:
Are you thinking about Sean Highland from Medford OR ? He used to race pro back in the 90s quite a bit. He used to be...

the neo nazi dude..lol
Seattlecfi
8/31/2012 6:01pm
FastEddy wrote:
What ever happened to Chaun Mcalister ...? He used to race in Washington quite a bit,I think he was from Idaho. Pretty sure he raced SX...
I don't know what happened to Chaun, I know his mom died a few years back.
Hando
8/31/2012 6:12pm
Hando wrote:
the neo nazi dude..lol
Seattlecfi wrote:
Which one was the neo nazi dude
Highland, I believe.

He was part of the whole freestyle scene when it started blowing up in the late 90's / early 00's ...he may have been part of the mulisha at one point.

no surprises there..dude is from 'methford', oregon. lol
Moto331
8/31/2012 6:33pm
FastEddy wrote:
What ever happened to Chaun Mcalister ...? He used to race in Washington quite a bit,I think he was from Idaho. Pretty sure he raced SX...
Seattlecfi wrote:
I don't know what happened to Chaun, I know his mom died a few years back.
Chaun and his brother Bart run a moto series up here in Coeur d'Alene. Chaun still races enduro cross. They have a shop called Motion sports and Jimmy Lamastus worked with them. You may remember Lamastus in Children of a metal God railing that really long berm..
steve_97060
8/31/2012 6:46pm
Hando wrote:
the neo nazi dude..lol
Seattlecfi wrote:
Hando wrote:
Highland, I believe. He was part of the whole freestyle scene when it started blowing up in the late 90's / early 00's ...he may have...
Highland, I believe.

He was part of the whole freestyle scene when it started blowing up in the late 90's / early 00's ...he may have been part of the mulisha at one point.

so you "believe" he was neo nazi, or you know this for fact?

methford?

seriously??
Hando
8/31/2012 7:05pm
Seattlecfi wrote:
Hando wrote:
Highland, I believe. He was part of the whole freestyle scene when it started blowing up in the late 90's / early 00's ...he may have...
Highland, I believe.

so you "believe" he was neo nazi, or you know this for fact?

methford?

seriously??
dude has swazi' tattoos.....iUnno
Sandberm
8/31/2012 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 9:27pm
I dont know anything about York, but Sean Highland, I remember him. Odd looking duck for sure. Think a tall skinny version of the banjo playing kid from Deliverence.

I think it was 1991, Pac-west at SIR, there was this jump section where anyone that was sane went two-two-two-etc. Huffman and McCormick(still rideing 250 intermediate btw) decide that ...I think...6-3 is a better combo. Nuts.While Huff and McCormick were out front doing there thing the rest of us 250 int were fighting for first real intermediate(3rd). Anyways, Highland hucked that jump section right in front of me and did it without crashing his brains out. I was impressed.

And, Mrs McCalister was a really nice lady. Good people.
12/17/2016 9:02pm

S
I'm micheal yorks son Tyler York !!! Got any questions
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
12/17/2016 10:09pm
Sandberm wrote:
I dont know anything about York, but Sean Highland, I remember him. Odd looking duck for sure. Think a tall skinny version of the banjo playing...
I dont know anything about York, but Sean Highland, I remember him. Odd looking duck for sure. Think a tall skinny version of the banjo playing kid from Deliverence.

I think it was 1991, Pac-west at SIR, there was this jump section where anyone that was sane went two-two-two-etc. Huffman and McCormick(still rideing 250 intermediate btw) decide that ...I think...6-3 is a better combo. Nuts.While Huff and McCormick were out front doing there thing the rest of us 250 int were fighting for first real intermediate(3rd). Anyways, Highland hucked that jump section right in front of me and did it without crashing his brains out. I was impressed.

And, Mrs McCalister was a really nice lady. Good people.
Sean seemed like a good kid in his mx days. We had mutual friends and were somewhat acquainted. His dad worked hard to keep him racing, but he just didn't have the resources some of the other guys did. I saw some of the pics and reality show stuff from the freestyle stuff that made me wonder what had changed.

I remember Michael York at the Pac west races too. Dude just steadily improved.
JeepnMike
12/17/2016 11:26pm

S
tyler york wrote:
You just made me feel really old :D. Your dad was my nemesis on 80s.
Tumblin
12/18/2016 7:53am
Hando wrote:
the neo nazi dude..lol
Seattlecfi wrote:
Hando wrote:
Highland, I believe.

Classic and classless...a Racist calling out a "Racist"
12/18/2016 8:41am

S
mcphilly wrote:

Hando wrote:
the neo nazi dude..lol
Chaun lives in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. Chaun and his father run a local motorcycle shop "Motion Sports". He picked up the promotion side of the business after his mother passed away. He promotes regional arena cross and enduro cross events.
Jimmy_Sloan
12/18/2016 9:00am

S
mcphilly wrote:

I always thought Ulven would go farther. He was faaaast.
DE262
12/18/2016 11:17am
Highland lives down here in So.Cal now.
I helped out a shop in Carson CA get their parts Dept. in order this last year, and he came in and bought some parts. He seemed to be mellow and doing good. Still tall and skinny and inked up.
I remember him being mostly a freestyle dude, being an OR guy myself. We shot the shit for a while, he was cool and seemed stoked on moto.
wpark89
12/19/2016 10:00pm
Wow...a 4 year old thread pulled up.

Michael York was fast....look in the Lorettas Vault. 3rd place in the 125 12-15 class battling with Windham and Travis Preston. I think he won or was top 3 at Ponca as well in the mid 90s. Just remember he looked like a mini Rick Johnson with full matching Fox gear and Hondas back in the day. I raced a lot on 80's with his cousin Tommy in 93 and on to 125's and 250's in '94. I think Michael got hurt some and just got out of it. I turned pro in '98 and remember Michael was on Yamahas and did some Arenacross that winter 98/99 and then never saw him again.

Highland I remember 994? on Suzukis in JT gear with such a unique style. I remember him running top 10 in the 250 National at Washougal in 94 or 95 for half the moto and the stock pipe just fell apart on his RM 250...every lap it got louder and louder until there was absolutely nothing left.

Those guys came up with a super strong group of Intemediates in the early 90s. Pac West was so big back then. Great to be around that era and race with and know most all the names that you guy's have mentioned.
jeffro503
12/19/2016 10:44pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2016 10:44pm
First off I miss Sondy in here! And yeah...this thread is 8yrs old!

Tyler....your dad was a badass on a bike. I raced against Tommy( Michael's brother I think ) many years ago , but had a lot of race days / nights where I would run into them. If I remember right , wasn't your dad #502? I can't remember if it was him or Tommy that I was hanging around with a bit down at salem arenacross many years ago. With Tommy I remember racing against him many times at washougal. Good family.
Sondy132001
12/20/2016 11:26am

S
tyler york wrote:
Holy Yikes yes I do feel old now haha I would love to know your dad is doing, we had a great crew of friends in the high desert in the 90's, your dad, Sean Highland, Michael Brandes, Jake Wikoff (RIP), Travis Preston, Casey Johnson, Casey Musick, Spud Walters among others. I remember all the good times ! Hope he is doing well and Merry Christmas !

S
JW381
12/20/2016 12:12pm
I don't know but lemme tell you about Dutch Bros and Sizzle Pie
jeffro503
12/20/2016 12:17pm

S
tyler york wrote:
Holy Yikes yes I do feel old now haha I would love to know your dad is doing, we had a great crew of friends in...
Holy Yikes yes I do feel old now haha I would love to know your dad is doing, we had a great crew of friends in the high desert in the 90's, your dad, Sean Highland, Michael Brandes, Jake Wikoff (RIP), Travis Preston, Casey Johnson, Casey Musick, Spud Walters among others. I remember all the good times ! Hope he is doing well and Merry Christmas !

S
Hey Sondy!

A little info I came across last summer was that Michael Brandes works in the same field as a buddy of mine ( They drill huge holes in the earth , pour concrete for those huge pillars for bridges , power stations and so forth ) And Michael was suppose to be coming up this way I guess for a job. He talked to my buddy and said that he would like to try to go out and do some riding with us. He said he hadn't ridden in quite a long time but was thinking of going out and having some fun.

Good to see you here Sondy , and it was awesome meeting and hanging with you at the GP last year!
12/20/2016 3:48pm
How did Danny Ulven's pro career go?

Whatever happened to Paul Winn?

I saw an update on Rick Simmett... used to be in awe of that dude when I saw him ride. Perfect bikes, gear and style and fast!!

Post a reply to: I got a question for WA/OR people...

The Latest