I give up.......

Rooster
6/16/2012 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2012 6:31am
This trying to watch the second moto online is a gigantic waste of time.

In an age of being able to connect with anyone online and the crappy TV coverage (I'm not talking about the announcers) it's beyond me how this sport can't find a venue for it's fans to watch an entire event on the same channel or website around the world.

Billions have been made by giving the people what they want online and here we are having to try and sift through a multitude of different channels and websites to try and get an entire event in one easy to watch format.

I've been a participant of this sport for over 20 years and a fan for much longer. But I seriously give up. You win. I'm going to go mow the lawn and do all the other shit I should have been doing while I wasted my fucking time trying to tune into the one sport I wanted to watch all week long.

This is fucking bush league and a major step backward. Last year I could watch the sport fairly easily between TV and the internet, This year is a goddamn joke and I'm done with it. I have better things to do with my time than fuck around with this fragmented programming bullshit.
|
6/16/2012 12:50pm
Rooster wrote:
This trying to watch the second moto online is a gigantic waste of time. In an age of being able to connect with anyone online and...

In an age of being able to connect with anyone online and the crappy TV coverage (I'm not talking about the announcers) it's beyond me how this sport can't find a venue for it's fans to watch an entire event on the same channel or website around the world.

Billions have been made by giving the people what they want online and here we are having to try and sift through a multitude of different channels and websites to try and get an entire event in one easy to watch format.

I've been a participant of this sport for over 20 years and a fan for much longer. But I seriously give up. You win. I'm going to go mow the lawn and do all the other shit I should have been doing while I wasted my fucking time trying to tune into the one sport I wanted to watch all week long.

This is fucking bush league and a major step backward. Last year I could watch the sport fairly easily between TV and the internet, This year is a goddamn joke and I'm done with it. I have better things to do with my time than fuck around with this fragmented programming bullshit.
Amen brotha. Im headed to the farm to work on my 1950 chev pickup. This is lame.
ProMoto
6/16/2012 12:51pm
You cant push 1 button on a remote control 4 times to get all 4 moto's live? Dude you should be ashamed to call yourself a motocrosser. Coverage has been awesome today. Best ever.
St Ann More
6/16/2012 12:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2012 12:55pm
ProMoto wrote:
You cant push 1 button on a remote control 4 times to get all 4 moto's live? Dude you should be ashamed to call yourself a...
You cant push 1 button on a remote control 4 times to get all 4 moto's live? Dude you should be ashamed to call yourself a motocrosser. Coverage has been awesome today. Best ever.
Not everyone has the chance to recieve that coverage! Wink

The Shop

6/16/2012 12:59pm
Its ridiculous we cannot get motocross or Supercross on ESPN live. There is lawnmower racing and women's softball. But thats what you get in our sport, everyone is so un-visionary interms of looking else where. Kenny Watson and the H and H team are the leaders in this and its time for our industry to step up and do the same...otherwise we are looking at 3 different channels and not even all live for a while
6/16/2012 1:00pm
ProMoto wrote:
You cant push 1 button on a remote control 4 times to get all 4 moto's live? Dude you should be ashamed to call yourself a...
Yep.... yer a sharp one. No foolin' you.
6/16/2012 1:01pm
They sure do make it hard to be a fan.SadSad
bd
6/16/2012 1:02pm
I would pay a couple hundred bucks a year to watch SX and MX live. Have a decent analyst, db or Emig, and host. Treat like NFL ticket where you strea it. NBC, Speed, Fuel can just stream it. I bet there are pleny people industrty who would subscribe.

Feel free to run commercials btw motos and heats etc to increase revenue.
pitbike502
6/16/2012 1:04pm
haha, *bush league.. havent heard that in a while
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
6/16/2012 1:07pm
Well said Rooster!
It is beyond pathetic that the self claimed best motocross series of world has a TV / Livestream scedule like that!

In all honor of what DC has done for the sport, his refusal to offer a live PPV webcast for those fans all over the world who would love to pay for a good coverage is ridiculous!
pmcc
6/16/2012 1:10pm
Big step back from what we had last year in the uk! Going to give up watching the nationals if we cant get the 2nd motos soon
bvm111
6/16/2012 1:15pm
thats the issue mr wizzard... not everyone gets these lame ass channels.... put it on SPEED fer christs sake and put the second motos on Alli as well!!!
jake64
6/16/2012 1:17pm
Rooster wrote:
This trying to watch the second moto online is a gigantic waste of time. In an age of being able to connect with anyone online and...

totally agree with you it f@#$ing SSSUUUCCCKKKSSS! way cant we watch all motos on alli i would even pay a year fee so i can watch all the races.
Asher
6/16/2012 1:19pm
nightmare for the uk, those foreign streams are unwatchable AMA deserves more.
mx_563
6/16/2012 1:28pm
Yeah, my portugese stream just crashed. Right when shit was going down too. Major disappointment. Not like I can get Fuel or NBC here in Europe. I'm hosed. Back to Matthes' Racerx Twitter feed....
Big
6/16/2012 1:36pm
Yeah? And the rest of the world? They say there been a man on the moon? Talking/sending pictures to earth? Sure! Cant even show satelite pictures 2012 to europe? Buuuuuuuulls...t big time!Wink
VET176
6/16/2012 1:39pm
Ummm, not everyone lives in the US big guy.

I'm enjoying getting up in the early hours of Sunday morning to watch the first 2 motos (for free) on Allisport. I thank them for that. But the pointless search for live 2nd motos sucks.

I would happily pay $100 for AMA SX/MX stream ala Youthstream.
6/16/2012 1:39pm
I agree that it's almost laughable that people like us who are obsessed with this sport are almost BEGGING whoever supposedly runs MX/SX to take our money so that we can watch the races live and in ONE convenient location.It's a joke that in the USA lacrosse gets better coverage. It's not like this is new technology anymore. There is a serious lack of leadership/vision and lack of forward thinking with the powers that be in this sport.
FlaNard
6/16/2012 1:40pm
Ten years ago we got to watch both motos of both classes on one channel. Now you have a situation where people who don't come on Internet chat rooms aren't even aware of where the racing coverage has gone. My dad is a perfect example. He was a racer for most of his life and a huge fan of the sport who rarely missed a moto. He hasn't seen one outdoor event this year. He, like many of the people I know, just assumes they don't show the races anymore. Not everyone plays around on computers and wants to search for races and results all day. Hell, I don't even know the last time my dad turned a computer on. This is horrible for the sport, and everyone knows it. People with busy lives aren't going to sit around hoping to crack the code and learn the secret handshake required to allow them to watch something that they could see with zero effort ten years ago.
yanks_178
6/16/2012 1:41pm
bvm111 wrote:
thats the issue mr wizzard... not everyone gets these lame ass channels.... put it on SPEED fer christs sake and put the second motos on Alli...
thats the issue mr wizzard... not everyone gets these lame ass channels.... put it on SPEED fer christs sake and put the second motos on Alli as well!!!
Don't have the channes here.. I'm not going to spend $120 a month on Directv to get these 2 channels. We just are not going to watch them this year on TV! It sucks but nothing I can do about it
TerryK
6/16/2012 1:45pm
It's funny how some people just can't seem to figure out that no matter what network, or what format they use, not everyone world wide is going to get coverage, all the time, every time. What's so hard to understand?

This season, all I get are the first motos streamed on line. No TV coverage whatsoever because I don't have NBC Sports nor Fuel TV in my area. I watch the first motos, then spend the rest of the day riding or something, then I download the torrent files Sunday morning and enjoy at my leisure. It's a fuck of a lot less stressful than bitching and moaning about the lack of coverage every bloody Saturday lol.

If you want to see it bad enough, you'll find a way. No big deal.
TerryK
6/16/2012 1:47pm
bvm111 wrote:
thats the issue mr wizzard... not everyone gets these lame ass channels.... put it on SPEED fer christs sake and put the second motos on Alli...
What makes you think everyone worldwide gets Speed channel?
6/16/2012 1:52pm
BINGO. I don't get Fuel. And I don't get NBCsp or whatever the second 450 moto was broadcast on.
VET176
6/16/2012 2:05pm
True Smile but where I am you have to pay for them. Rather spend my money on moto bro..Wink
jeffro503
6/16/2012 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2012 2:09pm
I am lucky and got to watch all 4 motos here at home. But what I don't get is....there are so many people that are " Willing to even pay".....and there is no way for them to get to see the races....it doesn't make much sense. I wish Allisports , or Fuel , NBC , Speed , ESPN....."Someone"............would carry an online live stream for you folks.

The GP's are available for anyone who wants to pay......why don't the specific broadcast networks see this as a $$$ revenue income possibility?
6/16/2012 2:46pm
I have Dish and had to upgrade my package to get NBCsports and Fuel...cost me $10 more a month. I am cool with that, haven't missed a moto all year long so far. I DVR them and watch them again sometime during the week too. I wish the MMA Channel...errrr...Fuel was in HD though...moto in HD on a big flat screen is awesome!

It only makes sense they would stream it live on the internet and make it (even for a fee) available to fans worldwide...kinda' dumb that they don't.
jeffro503
6/16/2012 2:50pm
I have Dish and had to upgrade my package to get NBCsports and Fuel...cost me $10 more a month. I am cool with that, haven't missed...
I have Dish and had to upgrade my package to get NBCsports and Fuel...cost me $10 more a month. I am cool with that, haven't missed a moto all year long so far. I DVR them and watch them again sometime during the week too. I wish the MMA Channel...errrr...Fuel was in HD though...moto in HD on a big flat screen is awesome!

It only makes sense they would stream it live on the internet and make it (even for a fee) available to fans worldwide...kinda' dumb that they don't.
Up here in the NW ( and up to about 4 months ago )......I had dish....and both of those channels weren't available. I went to Direct TV when I moved back to Portland just so I could get the channels that show the races....BUT....Direct TV ( to me ) is light years beyond Dish or comcast! I don't know why I didn't switch sooner.
pb465
6/16/2012 3:22pm
TV coverage is confusing which in the end makes it tough to be a fan. I don't understand how they expect to grow the sport and attract new fans when it is literally impossible for majority to watch. Where I live there is no option to watch the race on FUEL as I only have 2 choices for service. I understand they are making an effort but like others mentioned this is 2012 and IMO there is no reason for them not to offer the races live though a stream, paid or not I think we are all on the same page.
bigborefan
6/16/2012 3:46pm
Big wrote:
Yeah? And the rest of the world? They say there been a man on the moon? Talking/sending pictures to earth? Sure! Cant even show satelite pictures...
Yeah? And the rest of the world? They say there been a man on the moon? Talking/sending pictures to earth? Sure! Cant even show satelite pictures 2012 to europe? Buuuuuuuulls...t big time!Wink
I think that was just outside of Vegas somewhere.

Post a reply to: I give up.......

The Latest