I feel bad for JGR

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1599th
2/1/2015 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2015 5:44am
Seems like there trying so hard to get people that could win. They had grant and he did okay but everytime they get a title contender something happens. JS7 and JGR didn't go to well. Now Barcia
|
500guy
2/1/2015 3:19pm
They need to work with younger riders and develop their own identity like Kawasaki and Honda are doing.

it would be nice if Web and Martin were heading to JGR in a year or so.
Sandberm
2/1/2015 3:23pm
JGR should add team riders and go with a team honda circa 197whatever and have at least 4 riders. Cheapen the stuff up to afford the extra bikes and mechanics and riders and flood the track with riders.

Fire Barcia,
-Peick
-Hill
-Filthy
-Pourcel
Sandberm
2/1/2015 3:27pm
500guy wrote:
They need to work with younger riders and develop their own identity like Kawasaki and Honda are doing. it would be nice if Web and Martin...
They need to work with younger riders and develop their own identity like Kawasaki and Honda are doing.

Thats an excellent idea.

Geico guys go to Team Honda, PC guys go to Team Kawi why not have Star guys go to team JGR?
bd
2/1/2015 3:32pm
Not the biggest fan of Barcia but thread is very premature. Barcia needs a start.

Like 500guy stated, the Yamaha 250F class is grooming young riders to lead team blue in the 450F class. The future is bright for JGR

The Shop

Flex
2/1/2015 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2015 3:32pm
The difference between Barcia and JS7 on the JGR bike is that JS7 actually won on it (races).
Crush
2/1/2015 3:34pm
Webb will go to JGR I'd imagine... They've got a prior relationship from minis, NC kid, pretty sure I've even read J-Bone quoted as saying he can't wait till it happens.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1599th
2/1/2015 3:39pm
500guy wrote:
They need to work with younger riders and develop their own identity like Kawasaki and Honda are doing. it would be nice if Web and Martin...

Sandberm wrote:
Thats an excellent idea.

Geico guys go to Team Honda, PC guys go to Team Kawi why not have Star guys go to team JGR?
100% agree
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1599th
2/1/2015 3:41pm
bd wrote:
Not the biggest fan of Barcia but thread is very premature. Barcia needs a start. Like 500guy stated, the Yamaha 250F class is grooming young riders...
Not the biggest fan of Barcia but thread is very premature. Barcia needs a start.

Like 500guy stated, the Yamaha 250F class is grooming young riders to lead team blue in the 450F class. The future is bright for JGR
Idk man, I feel like Barcias speed just isn't there, he looks sloppy and not smooth
bd
2/1/2015 3:43pm
bd wrote:
Not the biggest fan of Barcia but thread is very premature. Barcia needs a start. Like 500guy stated, the Yamaha 250F class is grooming young riders...

Idk man, I feel like Barcias speed just isn't there, he looks sloppy and not smooth
DV would tell him to ride a gear higher - I agree 110%. Cannot ride a 450 like a 250. Barcia has serious talent and speed - he's won two premier races.
Scrubadub
2/1/2015 3:47pm
Cooper Webb will get them the title they seek. Just a couple more years...
I still would not count out Barcia. With the supercross title hunt slipping out of reach I could see him concentrating on the outdoor series and start preping for it earlier than the competition. He could surprise everyone this coming summer.
I am certainly no fan of his but I know better than to underestimate someone with his talent on a dirt scooter.
Cygnus
2/1/2015 3:49pm
Scrubadub wrote:
Cooper Webb will get them the title they seek. Just a couple more years... I still would not count out Barcia. With the supercross title hunt...
I still would not count out Barcia. With the supercross title hunt slipping out of reach I could see him concentrating on the outdoor series and start preping for it earlier than the competition. He could surprise everyone this coming summer.
I am certainly no fan of his but I know better than to underestimate someone with his talent on a dirt scooter.
I hope Honda steals CW away when contract time comes up. That would be sweet!
Katoomey
2/1/2015 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2015 3:52pm
bd wrote:

"needs" a start? you act like they randomly fall from trees. how the hell is he not responsible for where he starts? I'ts common knowledge that those JGR Yami's are fast, so...

I'm not saying anything about Barcia one way or the other, I'm just done with excuses from fans. Barcia wouldn't defend his own results at this point....so, why would you?
bd
2/1/2015 3:49pm
Scrubadub wrote:
Cooper Webb will get them the title they seek. Just a couple more years... I still would not count out Barcia. With the supercross title hunt...
Cygnus wrote:
I hope Honda steals CW away when contract time comes up. That would be sweet!
LMFAO.... I would love it
rcannon
2/1/2015 3:51pm
I really dont feel sorry for them. They had their choice of any of the riders if they wrote a big enough check. Also, they are pretty much Yamaha's factory team. What do they have to do?.

You ca t really say "win" because in order for that to happen, soemone else needs to lose. Then the conversation would be , " I feel sorry for RCH..or Geico...." Its real life. Its not like school, where we can all be wonderful, and all be winners.
dean122
2/1/2015 4:22pm
Grant, Brayton and even Filthy plowed starts with the JGR Yamaha on the regular last year. It doesn't matter what "bike" issues Barcia is dealing with he should at least be top 1-3 in the first corner of every race. What he does from there is up to him, but it's definitely not the bikes fault he can't pull a good start.
500guy
2/1/2015 4:28pm
rcannon wrote:
I really dont feel sorry for them. They had their choice of any of the riders if they wrote a big enough check. Also, they are...
I really dont feel sorry for them. They had their choice of any of the riders if they wrote a big enough check. Also, they are pretty much Yamaha's factory team. What do they have to do?.

You ca t really say "win" because in order for that to happen, soemone else needs to lose. Then the conversation would be , " I feel sorry for RCH..or Geico...." Its real life. Its not like school, where we can all be wonderful, and all be winners.
it's not just as easy as writing a check, You have to have the right guy at the right time and be able to put a machine he likes under him.

I think JGR took what they thought was their best option and so far it's not going good but lets not forget Barcia got ran over not to long ago and might need some more time.
machine
2/1/2015 4:32pm
dean122 wrote:
Grant, Brayton and even Filthy plowed starts with the JGR Yamaha on the regular last year. It doesn't matter what "bike" issues Barcia is dealing with...
Grant, Brayton and even Filthy plowed starts with the JGR Yamaha on the regular last year. It doesn't matter what "bike" issues Barcia is dealing with he should at least be top 1-3 in the first corner of every race. What he does from there is up to him, but it's definitely not the bikes fault he can't pull a good start.
this is true...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
2/1/2015 4:46pm
rcannon wrote:
I really dont feel sorry for them. They had their choice of any of the riders if they wrote a big enough check. Also, they are...

You can't just write a check, a rider has to want to go there. They had huge offers to Dungey and Reed, neither took it.
2/1/2015 4:53pm
Its funny that the YZF450 is a sales champion, wins magazine shoot outs, etc but can't get a superiors win to save its life. lol
Flex
2/1/2015 5:03pm
Its funny that the YZF450 is a sales champion, wins magazine shoot outs, etc but can't get a superiors win to save its life. lol
If JGR is overbuilding their motors then that is an issue. Lots of former riders there say the motor was simply too fast.
Excaliburbmx
2/1/2015 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2015 5:40pm
Facts. Barcia may win a few races but the only way he could ever win a sx or outdoor title is the top five guys get hurt.
He isnt the saviour jgr thinks he is Weston has already shown more promise.

Its only a matter of time before Barcia goes down like a free beer at a frat party.
lets face it he doesnt have the things Roczen,Dungey,Tomac,Canard has neither does Milsaps so teams picking Milsaps or Barcia are really expecting to much if they expect better than a fifth place finish.
Hopefully kawasaki gives up on Ciancirilo and goes after Webb because he is the real deal.
level
2/1/2015 5:23pm
James had a huge issue with them so something is wrong over there or with the bike.
rcannon
2/1/2015 6:55pm
rcannon wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
You can't just write a check, a rider has to want to go there. They had huge offers to Dungey and Reed, neither took it.
There was a dollar figure that would have made Reed, Roczen, or others sign. They were not willing to do THAT. I think thats what it will take. Some sort of double the money, or a really long term agreement.

James's leaving gave the illusion of very bad problems that could not be solved. At this point, I think they'll need a completly new bike or some reason for a top three guy to take the chance.
2/1/2015 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2015 7:33pm
Barcia is close to the top 5 in points. Don't feel too bad for JGR. It's a long season
Crush
2/1/2015 7:39pm
rcannon wrote:
There was a dollar figure that would have made Reed, Roczen, or others sign. They were not willing to do THAT. I think thats what it...
There was a dollar figure that would have made Reed, Roczen, or others sign. They were not willing to do THAT. I think thats what it will take. Some sort of double the money, or a really long term agreement.

James's leaving gave the illusion of very bad problems that could not be solved. At this point, I think they'll need a completly new bike or some reason for a top three guy to take the chance.
Your 2nd sentences is really the crux of it...

That's gotta weigh on those guys minds... JGR took a bet on a guy who takes dirt naps a lot, and somehow that was made out as the bikes fault... But he crashed loads on the kawi, the yamaha before and the Suzuki after...

But now, the other riders, even if they know it's good, it's different, and in the back of their head, James not getting it done has to come up when they think of JGR. Has to. Will take a while for that to reverse, but it's a shame for JGR because they're obviously so committed to getting there...
stewie94
2/1/2015 8:00pm
what was davi's reason of leaving JGR???
Crush
2/1/2015 8:16pm
Finished 2nd in the SX season and then took another deal... Don't think he had a reason, but there were reported grumblings he was keen to get back to his Yellow bike.
Jim Lahey
2/1/2015 8:17pm
I dunno man, but every other bike on the track has basically the same layout (except for ktms steel frame). Is it just a coincidence that the one bik that is so radically different cant get solid results? Plenty of fast riders have riden the yami, and its been the same story nearly every time.

*I am now prepared to be bashed by yamaha lovers*
The Rock
2/1/2015 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2015 8:29pm
What's to feel bad about it? The bike that James rode was the first generation and look at the young guns in the 250 class aboard the new design that arrived in 2014. The past is the past and the season is still young. Weston Peick delivered the ride of his life at the opener on a JGR bike and just wait until he's healed. Barcia is still finding his sea legs by the looks of it but give him some time. It's a make or break year for him so I fully expect him to wow us before season's end.

Dean Baker JGR motor wizard knows how to build tractable motors. I can't imagine a scenario where J Bone and Dean would force any of their riders to race with an engine package they weren't comfortable with.
hvaughn88
2/1/2015 8:20pm
stewie94 wrote:
what was davi's reason of leaving JGR???
His legs were too long to keep sitting in the backseat in the Toyota commercials.

Post a reply to: I feel bad for JGR

The Latest