I count myself lucky

RangerLee
Edited Date/Time 2/27/2015 5:42pm
In the military I served in the finest unit a Soldier could serve in. Everyone wanted to be there, motivation was high. The moment you said you did not want to be there, then you were shipped out to a Leg unit.

Add to that I have trained and operated beside British Para units, served beside a Unit from Canada while in Africa, trained with the kick ass Australian 3rd Para, and got to find out why Germany was so bad ass in 2 World Wars training and operating along side a Fallschirmjager Airmobile unit. I got to see the finest out of other countries.

My point to this, I am slightly surprised by the amount of mud slinging going back and forth right now at the start of the MXGP, you would think this was a presidential election.

From this Yank, no matter the outcome at the end of the season, still love you guys, great respect was earned in foreign lands.
|
philG
2/27/2015 3:13pm
and respect to you .
Bultaco
2/27/2015 3:14pm
Thank you for this post. I could not agree more.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
2/27/2015 3:17pm
RangerLee wrote:
In the military I served in the finest unit a Soldier could serve in. Everyone wanted to be there, motivation was high. The moment you said...
In the military I served in the finest unit a Soldier could serve in. Everyone wanted to be there, motivation was high. The moment you said you did not want to be there, then you were shipped out to a Leg unit.

Add to that I have trained and operated beside British Para units, served beside a Unit from Canada while in Africa, trained with the kick ass Australian 3rd Para, and got to find out why Germany was so bad ass in 2 World Wars training and operating along side a Fallschirmjager Airmobile unit. I got to see the finest out of other countries.

My point to this, I am slightly surprised by the amount of mud slinging going back and forth right now at the start of the MXGP, you would think this was a presidential election.

From this Yank, no matter the outcome at the end of the season, still love you guys, great respect was earned in foreign lands.
I hope you never watch world cup soccer then. This is mild .Wink

The Shop

Zracer
2/27/2015 3:18pm
Most of the ignorant hicks talking the most smack couldnt find Europe on a map and actually think Australia is a European country.
2/27/2015 3:29pm
RangerLee wrote:
In the military I served in the finest unit a Soldier could serve in. Everyone wanted to be there, motivation was high. The moment you said...

lostboy819 wrote:
Football dude.

TongueLaughing
jeffro503
2/27/2015 3:37pm
RangerLee wrote:

Thank you very much for contributing to help protect our country! And I agree whole heartily that the mud slinging does get bad in here at times , but " most " on here have fun doing it. Some take it really serious......which is something you shouldn't do. Stirring the pot is what helps keep this place and others like it alive. Otherwise it would be boring as hell.

When it comes right down to it....we all love the same sport.....it does not matter what part of the planet you live in. Moto is moto.......and that's the bottom line.
SF45
2/27/2015 3:43pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Silly
RandyS
2/27/2015 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2015 3:51pm
This place was built on shit talking, those that can't take it or take it too serious will eventually get clicked. In the past all we could do was throw flaming bags of dookie between the US riders. RV going to Europe has taken it to a whole other level. It's the same thing that has gone on hanging out at shops and Sunday night after the races since the Japanese invented the motorcycle in 1958. People can talk all they want about Vitards, this is still as knowledgeable a group of moto assholes as you'll find anywhere on the internet.

Oh, and thank you for your service. But honestly, you served with the Brits right? You know how they are.Smile
RangerLee
2/27/2015 5:42pm
First trained with the Brits, it was my first time in England. Had a pass one weekend and a few of the "blokes" took us out to see the sites and drink. We made it far away from the base, so no American influence, the whole time hearing about how bad American beer was.

Then we go in to a pub and the whole back wall was a giant refrigerator and it was filled with Bud.

So we did not stop busting their balls, you only have that much Bud when there is demand :D

My next experience with them was in the Desert, this time it was real and they were awesome.

Post a reply to: I count myself lucky

The Latest