I believe in Bubba for the outdoor title, and here's why...

ridge
Edited Date/Time 5/7/2014 10:37pm
The guy has matured and learned how to settle for not winning every race.

He loves his Suzuki and his team.

He's been on an upward swing since the Monster Cup last year, and I don't think that will stop unless he gets hurt.

RV isn't there, and mentally, that helps out everybody. However, giving Bubba a confidence boost is like adding Nitrous to a motor, and he doesn't consider Dungey on the same level as RV.
|
Mikkis
5/7/2014 9:19am
ridge wrote:
The guy has matured and learned how to settle for not winning every race. He loves his Suzuki and his team. He's been on an upward...
The guy has matured and learned how to settle for not winning every race.

He loves his Suzuki and his team.

He's been on an upward swing since the Monster Cup last year, and I don't think that will stop unless he gets hurt.

RV isn't there, and mentally, that helps out everybody. However, giving Bubba a confidence boost is like adding Nitrous to a motor, and he doesn't consider Dungey on the same level as RV.
HuskyEd
5/7/2014 9:19am
Don't forget he's having fun once again. A happy James is a dangerous James. If doesn't play lawn dart I agree ridge.
Mikkis
5/7/2014 9:22am
Yeah of course, but what happened during sx season. He was happy but still lost the title...

Can't we just wait till the season is over and get back here then?
Pinch

The Shop

peelout
5/7/2014 9:23am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2014 9:24am
go home Cutter, you're drunk

hahaha!

i do think Bubba will be good this season, with or without RV there. i just hope his knee is ok. you don't just pull off the track first lap because nothing is wrong.
Huevos
5/7/2014 9:26am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2014 9:27am
They don't groom the tracks between every moto like they did in 2008. Stewart will take himself out of contention like he has in every championship for the past 4 years. When I say that, it's because I'm sick of getting my hopes up for him to win another championship just to watch him throw it away. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.
5/7/2014 9:30am
You forget about mechanicals.

Seems to happen to Stewart fairly often here lately. Daytona wasn't really a bike failure, but maybe the team could have prevented it with a guard. I know, practically no one runs a guard in the pros, double layered Ti seems to be the norm for factory supported guys.

Stewart may love his 'zook, and it is one sweet scooter, but it seems to have a penchant for laying down on the job.

Remember Dungey 2011? Metcalf running out of fuel training? Same team, same bike (practically).
ridge
5/7/2014 9:30am
Mikkis wrote:
Yeah of course, but what happened during sx season. He was happy but still lost the title... Can't we just wait till the season is over...
Yeah of course, but what happened during sx season. He was happy but still lost the title...

Pinch
Was what I said so crazy to you? I'm not saying 24/0, or even 12/0.

Why don't you go start your own forum and don't allow anyone to post before the season starts?
5/7/2014 9:34am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2014 9:35am
Mikkis wrote:
Yeah of course, but what happened during sx season. He was happy but still lost the title... Can't we just wait till the season is over...

Pinch
ridge wrote:
Was what I said so crazy to you? I'm not saying 24/0, or even 12/0. Why don't you go start your own forum and don't allow...

Why don't you go start your own forum and don't allow anyone to post before the season starts?
He's the guy who was jumping up and down in here saying RV was racing nationals, and we are all idiots for thinking otherwise.... you can pretty much just disregard what he says while his stomach digests all that crow.

but hey, let me get that cone pipe...
ridge
5/7/2014 9:36am
Huevos wrote:
They don't groom the tracks between every moto like they did in 2008. Stewart will take himself out of contention like he has in every championship...
They don't groom the tracks between every moto like they did in 2008. Stewart will take himself out of contention like he has in every championship for the past 4 years. When I say that, it's because I'm sick of getting my hopes up for him to win another championship just to watch him throw it away. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.
I hear ya.

If I were Bubba's manager, I'd set him up with 3rd place (only) bonuses for the first 6 races! Big bonuses (the dude likes money). Then let him race who's left for the title.

I believe he could train at 75% and still squeak out top 5's, then pour it on towards the end of the season.
5/7/2014 9:38am
peelout wrote:
go home Cutter, you're drunk hahaha! i do think Bubba will be good this season, with or without RV there. i just hope his knee is...

hahaha!

i do think Bubba will be good this season, with or without RV there. i just hope his knee is ok. you don't just pull off the track first lap because nothing is wrong.
Yep...thinkin he is just guttin it out...hopefully knott...
prove me wrong bubbley prove me wrong!
ridge
5/7/2014 9:40am
peelout wrote:
go home Cutter, you're drunk hahaha! i do think Bubba will be good this season, with or without RV there. i just hope his knee is...

hahaha!

Hahahaha...none of those guys read vital!

I hope his knee isn't bad either. We only have a short time left to see, arguably, the best motorcycle rider ever.
ridge
5/7/2014 9:40am
You forget about mechanicals. Seems to happen to Stewart fairly often here lately. Daytona wasn't really a bike failure, but maybe the team could have prevented...

Seems to happen to Stewart fairly often here lately. Daytona wasn't really a bike failure, but maybe the team could have prevented it with a guard. I know, practically no one runs a guard in the pros, double layered Ti seems to be the norm for factory supported guys.

Stewart may love his 'zook, and it is one sweet scooter, but it seems to have a penchant for laying down on the job.

Remember Dungey 2011? Metcalf running out of fuel training? Same team, same bike (practically).
That's true too...
JordanB
5/7/2014 9:43am
I agree.
On pulp they are considering spring forks.
Guess his air fork failed in Vegas?
DoctorJD
5/7/2014 9:47am
You forget about mechanicals. Seems to happen to Stewart fairly often here lately. Daytona wasn't really a bike failure, but maybe the team could have prevented...

Pretty sure Metty was on a Honda when that happened. You make a good point, though.
5/7/2014 9:50am
DoctorJD wrote:
Pretty sure Metty was on a Honda when that happened. You make a good point, though.
I believe it was Metty on a Suz training...
n Short on a Honda running out of fuel....
Is that right?
IceMan446
5/7/2014 9:51am

DoctorJD wrote:
Pretty sure that was when he was on a Suzuki.
5/7/2014 9:56am
Metcalf's bike ran out of gas on Suzuki. he was doing 30 minute motos, and the OEM suzuki tank will NOT last for a 30 minute moto. Suzuki did not provide him with the larger "outdoor" tank for his practice bike. You've seen it.. its the carbon fiber one that looks like it holds about another 16oz of fuel right under the cap.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/7/2014 9:57am

DoctorJD wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
It was a Factory Connection Honda that ran out of Petrol in 2010 southwick moto 1.
RedRum666
5/7/2014 9:58am
I would agree that even since MX 2012 when James came out and took the first 4 motos - he has a better chance now for all the reasons mentioned in the opening post ( more mature, loves the bike, etc) but here are a few other things I see as a positive....

Overall Confidence: Compared to last year SX13, Dungey for example was a lot closer to James in speed throughout the season and that carried over to MX where they were pretty close on any given day.... however in 14 I think James has clearly been faster than Dungey and we saw on many occasions JS7 and RV leave Dungey in the dust and only 1 win for #5....now I know its not MX...but, as far as confidence goes it has to be a plus for james

Health/Fitness - 2013 SX and MX James had been battling the knee issue and it showed with his fitness.... This year in SX, its fair to say James was clearly in much better shape and carrying over to MX he will be better as well....

Dungey will still be very tough and there are other guys out there...however, when all things fall into place with James - he is tough to beat outdoors - we saw a few glimpses of that last year - and this year I hope we see the same James we saw in SX...
ridge
5/7/2014 9:59am
DoctorJD wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
It was a Factory Connection Honda that ran out of Petrol in 2010 southwick moto 1.
Which wasn't a training accident...
ridge
5/7/2014 10:03am
Mikkis wrote:

Pinch
ridge wrote:
Was what I said so crazy to you? I'm not saying 24/0, or even 12/0. Why don't you go start your own forum and don't allow...

He's the guy who was jumping up and down in here saying RV was racing nationals, and we are all idiots for thinking otherwise.... you can...
He's the guy who was jumping up and down in here saying RV was racing nationals, and we are all idiots for thinking otherwise.... you can pretty much just disregard what he says while his stomach digests all that crow.

Lol on both counts!

That FMF cone pipe was specially made for me and I'm SURE they spent a lot of time on it...so I'll be hanging on to it for a while!
IceMan446
5/7/2014 10:04am
DoctorJD wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
you are correct.

But Fulltime said while he was training, which happened on the Suzuki not the Honda.

He did run out of gas while he was leading on the last lap though.
5/7/2014 10:08am
ridge wrote:

He's the guy who was jumping up and down in here saying RV was racing nationals, and we are all idiots for thinking otherwise.... you can...

ridge wrote:
Lol on both counts! That FMF cone pipe was specially made for me and I'm SURE they spent a lot of time on it...so I'll be...
Lol on both counts!

That FMF cone pipe was specially made for me and I'm SURE they spent a lot of time on it...so I'll be hanging on to it for a while!
that's fine, just let me hang on to it for you. it can be both of ours, i'll just put it on my bike.
braaap
Fantasy
2172nd
5/7/2014 10:14am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2014 10:15am
Here's a summary of the 2014 outdoor season

Mikkis
5/7/2014 10:37am
Mikkis wrote:

Pinch
ridge wrote:

Hahaha, i was wrong one time, and you're here blaming me that i'm talking shit here? BlinkCool

If rider himself says he's racing, then he's racing. (Unless your name isn't Ryan Villopoto)Whistling
Mikkis
5/7/2014 10:43am
Mikkis wrote:

Pinch
ridge wrote:

I think that its stupid to say, that when he's happy he will win, or loves his bike and team. No, same situation at A1, but shit luck strikes.

I also hope that Stewart wins, Big fan of him, but reality first.Sideways

Post a reply to: I believe in Bubba for the outdoor title, and here's why...

The Latest