I beat Sean Hackley...

Darryl916
10/28/2014 8:27am
I enjoyed that too.

I'd have to fight the urge to try to jump as many of those valley's as possible. Trying to jump the wrong one would be trouble for sure....
huck
10/28/2014 8:45am
No dead engine start?

The Shop

huck
10/28/2014 8:59am
huck wrote:
No dead engine start?
IWreckALot wrote:
TORN is a flagged start.
Cool. I've done two offroad races...one was a 2 hour 'hare scramble' and the other was a 24 hour race... Both were dead starts. The 24 hour race, you had to start away from your bike.
IWreckALot
10/28/2014 9:01am
Darryl916 wrote:
I enjoyed that too. I'd have to fight the urge to try to jump as many of those valley's as possible. Trying to jump the wrong...
I enjoyed that too.

I'd have to fight the urge to try to jump as many of those valley's as possible. Trying to jump the wrong one would be trouble for sure....
Those valleys weren't jumpable. The faces were off cambered and it just wouldn't be realistic. It was a fun track though. Wish I was fast enough to race in the OP's class. I'm in one of the much slower classes.
IWreckALot
10/28/2014 9:03am
huck wrote:
No dead engine start?
IWreckALot wrote:
TORN is a flagged start.
huck wrote:
Cool. I've done two offroad races...one was a 2 hour 'hare scramble' and the other was a 24 hour race... Both were dead starts. The 24...
Cool. I've done two offroad races...one was a 2 hour 'hare scramble' and the other was a 24 hour race... Both were dead starts. The 24 hour race, you had to start away from your bike.
I used to get so much anxiety on the starts it isn't even funny. I almost quit racing altogether because it would get my heart rate so high just thinking about it. Now I really enjoy the starts. There are a couple of series that have dead engine starts locally but TORN isn't one.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
10/28/2014 9:07am
That was a fun race. You look like you were going quite a bit faster than me though.

I did the same, started getting pretty bad arm pump and my bike had head shake like it was at a death metal concert. Found out later I blew another fork seal. Still, it was perfect weather for a ride in the woods. Also, I learned that moto handguards are NOT good substitutes for bark busters, haha.

What do you ride? Sounded like a 450, or was that a 350?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
10/28/2014 9:08am
IWreckALot wrote:
TORN is a flagged start.
huck wrote:
Cool. I've done two offroad races...one was a 2 hour 'hare scramble' and the other was a 24 hour race... Both were dead starts. The 24...
IWreckALot wrote:
I used to get so much anxiety on the starts it isn't even funny. I almost quit racing altogether because it would get my heart rate...
I used to get so much anxiety on the starts it isn't even funny. I almost quit racing altogether because it would get my heart rate so high just thinking about it. Now I really enjoy the starts. There are a couple of series that have dead engine starts locally but TORN isn't one.
The starts are my favorite part now because I'm usually pretty good and it's the only time I'm not tired.
sdfog1
10/28/2014 10:26am
TriRacer27 wrote:
That was a fun race. You look like you were going quite a bit faster than me though. I did the same, started getting pretty bad...
That was a fun race. You look like you were going quite a bit faster than me though.

I did the same, started getting pretty bad arm pump and my bike had head shake like it was at a death metal concert. Found out later I blew another fork seal. Still, it was perfect weather for a ride in the woods. Also, I learned that moto handguards are NOT good substitutes for bark busters, haha.

What do you ride? Sounded like a 450, or was that a 350?
The track was bruuuutal. I've actually been running the KTM roost deflectors for years, I hate barkbusters. The bike is a 2014 450 Factory Edition.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/28/2014 10:53am
Looked like fun. Laughing, hooting and hollering...that's how it should be. Just less dusty. Wink
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
10/28/2014 12:12pm
GuyB wrote:
Looked like fun. Laughing, hooting and hollering...that's how it should be. Just less dusty. Wink
Hell that was nothing. You should've seen how dusty it was in the back of the field where I was. Thus my comment about bark busters. Damn trees are always wearing camo, hard to see em in the dust.

Very true though, doesn't matter where you finish if you're hootin and hollerin (and maybe even coughing a bit) the whole way, it's a good time!

I think one of these would help though. Saw it at my local shop yesterday and I just can't stop day dreaming about her.

10/28/2014 12:30pm
GuyB wrote:
exactly.
I do the same on the bike in triathlons and get crazy looks. Never forget to enjoy the moment no matter what you are doing.
10/28/2014 1:46pm
some of the woods sections look similar to what I used to ride years ago. Of all the times I got hurt (lucky for me just some bruises, aches, pains, crushed ego) was going too fast in unfamiliar territory. I can see that happening there.
great video to watch.
nc_mx_kid
10/31/2014 3:44pm
nice holeshot and looks like a fun day of two wheeled action!

Post a reply to: I beat Sean Hackley...

The Latest