Houston track seems pretty good...

Hank_Thrill
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 7:42pm
Anybody else digging the track and the racing it facilitated? It seemed pretty one lined in spots (after the second whoops), but I like how it has some jumps and sections that break up the momentum.

Judging by the television broadcast, the rhythm sections did not seem as fast as some of years past, which is safer for the riders, especially considering how fast these bikes can go given the right circumstances (i.e., imagine if James landed on JT$ in the same fashion during one of the rhythm sections from A2).

I really wish they would have built up a steep two foot tall berm in the 90-degree left hander after the second set of whoops. It seems like that would have allowed somebody to rail around the outside to squeeze in on the inside of the next right hand 90, possibly creating a new passing opportunity on the track? That's probably the only tweak I would have made.
|
2/13/2011 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2011 5:22pm
Anybody else digging the track and the racing it facilitated? It seemed pretty one lined in spots (after the second whoops), but I like how it...
Anybody else digging the track and the racing it facilitated? It seemed pretty one lined in spots (after the second whoops), but I like how it has some jumps and sections that break up the momentum.

Judging by the television broadcast, the rhythm sections did not seem as fast as some of years past, which is safer for the riders, especially considering how fast these bikes can go given the right circumstances (i.e., imagine if James landed on JT$ in the same fashion during one of the rhythm sections from A2).

I really wish they would have built up a steep two foot tall berm in the 90-degree left hander after the second set of whoops. It seems like that would have allowed somebody to rail around the outside to squeeze in on the inside of the next right hand 90, possibly creating a new passing opportunity on the track? That's probably the only tweak I would have made.
I sat in the end zone in front of that little 6 jump rhythm on the end. That section from the finish to the first triple with little run up and slick base, coupled with a very short start straight leaving everyone bunched up and skiddish going in to turn one, made the night well worth the 4 hour drive from Dallas. The options going through that staircase rhythm were just about endless and all about the same speed. As it got slicker it became almost impossible to triple to the inside for the big triple so it opened up a lot of passing chances. It made for some creative defending of position and some aggressive passing. They still wasted a lot of floor space though to put the start the way they did. It could have easily turned it in to a 1 minute lap had they found another way to route the track.
mx295
2/13/2011 5:34pm
Where is this HUSTON track located?..lmao Silly
WhKnuckle
2/13/2011 5:46pm
I thought it was a good, technical layout but the start was terrible - and it made the racing a crapshoot. You just can't build a good racetrack for motorcycles within the confines of a football field. It can't be done, no how, no way.

The Shop

petegrath
2/13/2011 6:16pm
Anybody else digging the track and the racing it facilitated? It seemed pretty one lined in spots (after the second whoops), but I like how it...

Dude, I hated the short start. The first heat pileup in the 250 class was ridiculous. Half of the riders ended up off the track right after the start, my buddy and I couldn't believe it.

Other than that, it was an incredible race. But I thought there should have at least been a small bank to the left at the end of the start. The ones that were cut, the dozers took back down between every moto.

It looked like a "train wreck by design" to me.

Post a reply to: Houston track seems pretty good...

The Latest