Hurry Unadilla!

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
By the topics and posts, it appears people are loosing their collective minds! Hurry, we need racing.
|
jj welks
8/6/2016 9:53am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2016 9:53am
I'm prayin I don't have to work I might lose it if I can't see it go down in person been waiting all fuckin summer to smell that sweet smell
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
8/6/2016 10:03am
I came on here thinking it was today
Bummed i was excited to watch today
Skidaddle
8/6/2016 10:10am
Tarz483 wrote:
I thought it was a 2 week break. Last week and this week.
es337
8/6/2016 10:24am
Skidaddle wrote:
hahahaha... think harder

The Shop

8/6/2016 10:36am
Tarz483 wrote:
I thought it was today also. I rushed in from cutting the grass only to be disappointed. DOH!
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
8/6/2016 2:20pm
Heading there Friday morning. Can't happen soon enough.
8/6/2016 3:39pm
Be prepared for NBC sports to either not Unadilla second motos orair them very late as the Olympics are nearly 100℅ of programming for that channel now thru the end of the Olympics.

Weege said a while back that it would be bad (MX coverage during Olympics but it appears it will be even worse than originally expected based on current listing for NBC sports channel).
aeffertz
8/6/2016 4:22pm
Skidaddle wrote:
It is a two week break.

Just watch the races live online. You can pretty much plug any device into your tv now days.
Sully
8/6/2016 4:40pm
Be prepared for NBC sports to either not Unadilla second motos orair them very late as the Olympics are nearly 100℅ of programming for that channel...
Be prepared for NBC sports to either not Unadilla second motos orair them very late as the Olympics are nearly 100℅ of programming for that channel now thru the end of the Olympics.

Weege said a while back that it would be bad (MX coverage during Olympics but it appears it will be even worse than originally expected based on current listing for NBC sports channel).
Just go to promotocross.com and watch the live stream of all four motos. if you can't do that, then wait until Saturday night/Sunday morning, and they'll have all four motos up commercial free. Or, keep bitching about how bad the TV coverage is (this is directed towards the people who like to complain, but don't want to hear solutions to the problem, not towards you, XR75).
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/6/2016 5:53pm
Be prepared for NBC sports to either not Unadilla second motos orair them very late as the Olympics are nearly 100℅ of programming for that channel...

Sully wrote:
Just go to promotocross.com and watch the live stream of all four motos. if you can't do that, then wait until Saturday night/Sunday morning, and they'll...
Just go to promotocross.com and watch the live stream of all four motos. if you can't do that, then wait until Saturday night/Sunday morning, and they'll have all four motos up commercial free. Or, keep bitching about how bad the TV coverage is (this is directed towards the people who like to complain, but don't want to hear solutions to the problem, not towards you, XR75).
Oh yeah, streaming is the way to watch. Way less frustrating.

Funny, some of the stuff people are talking about not having racing going on.
Jimmy_Sloan
8/6/2016 6:02pm
kzizok wrote:
By the topics and posts, it appears people are loosing their collective minds! Hurry, we need racing.
There's the GP's and Canadian Nats. Plenty of racing right there.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
8/6/2016 6:15pm

Sully wrote:
Just go to promotocross.com and watch the live stream of all four motos. if you can't do that, then wait until Saturday night/Sunday morning, and they'll...
Promotocross.com dont work for all 4 moto's
For me
Ive only watched the 1st
Two moto's all year long
It says sign in with your cable provider for the 2nd 2 moto's
I live in the usa
And i do have cable
Time warner
And apparently we dont have that coverage.
jj welks
8/6/2016 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2016 6:20pm
Idk how important it is for some to watch live but vital has had all the Motos on the front page within hours for every race this year without... 1 gay ass commercial!
8/7/2016 12:13pm

Sully wrote:
Our problem is that believe it or not we don't have access to broadband. Otherwise I'd be OK with streaming to a laptop using HDMI output to the TV (we have DirecTV and can sign into the NBC Love extra site). So we'll be stuck waiting for NBC to air the second motos.

I only know it will be bad as Weege said on DMXS that during the Olympics the Moto will be severely bumped in favor of the Olympics.

It's rough moving in January of this year and finding out the cable company lied and the house is not serviceable. :-(
dmm698
8/7/2016 12:37pm
It's going to be a mud bath, 60% chance of rain Wednesday through the following Tuesday
FastGzus
8/7/2016 2:13pm
Skidaddle wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
It is a two week break.

Just watch the races live online. You can pretty much plug any device into your tv now days.
Not to get technical but it's a two weekend but 3 week break Woohoo
aeffertz
8/7/2016 3:55pm
dmm698 wrote:
It's going to be a mud bath, 60% chance of rain Wednesday through the following Tuesday
Biblical amounts of rain?
Sully
8/7/2016 4:12pm
Our problem is that believe it or not we don't have access to broadband. Otherwise I'd be OK with streaming to a laptop using HDMI output...
Our problem is that believe it or not we don't have access to broadband. Otherwise I'd be OK with streaming to a laptop using HDMI output to the TV (we have DirecTV and can sign into the NBC Love extra site). So we'll be stuck waiting for NBC to air the second motos.

I only know it will be bad as Weege said on DMXS that during the Olympics the Moto will be severely bumped in favor of the Olympics.

It's rough moving in January of this year and finding out the cable company lied and the house is not serviceable. :-(
Jesus, man, where did you move to? 1996?
8/7/2016 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2016 5:35pm
Sully wrote:
Jesus, man, where did you move to? 1996?
Man, u don't want to know ---- wouldn't believe it all if I said it from my wife getting Leukemia and losing her career as an RN , to somehow holding in to our home which was six months old at the time January 2013 , to that house , a new house, having severe foundation issues that we had to sell it back to the builder this January at a $40k loss (it was that or face a lawsuit as the house literally fell apart or spend $100k + to attempt to fix it ) --- the only home we could afford on 1/2 income plus now major medical expenses due to my wife's cancer requiring six hour trips to a major cancer center every 90 days minimum using all of my vacation time while costly ,. She's approved for a stem cell transplant if needed (in fact we talked to Jeremy McGrath about that procedure two years ago as his wife required a transplant) ----+

so the new house was more expensive though further away as prices are higher now than 2012 when we bought the previous house just getting by in a less expensive market with two incomes and no medical expenses ---- though the new house isn't but ten miles further out and we called and confirmed with the cable company five to six times b4 moving that cable was available (as we had cable internet with the same provider in the house that we lost) , they assured us service was available and the Day after we moved in the cable company sent a tech that started the installation only to tell us that we weren't eligible for service as we're 300 feet from the nearest pedestal and the max distance is 250. We've been fighting them every since and they promise they will complete the neighborhood but since January have done zero work.
To make it worse I work from home , often seven day for week and all hours as I'm often on call so I have to have reliable internet at home and am now spending a fortune for a hotspot and Just my work , VPN, eats Up the allotted 50gb at $475 monthly.

To make this even worse , I was diagnosed with an early blood cancer and while healthy at the moment I require close "watchful waiting" at the same major cancer center as my wife and due to my relatively young age to develop the specific mutation in my bone marrow plasma cells unless there's a miracle vaccine I will end up with symptomatic Myeloma a very bad incurable blood cancer by the time in fifty in under ten years . Just while the odds of keeping my wife's case under control for many years is rough as her Leukemia is usually found in elderly patients. Her oral chemotherapy Bosutinib , trade name Bosulif costs over $13,000 retail and is needed for life (if it fails due to the cancer mutating u either attempt a transplant or death) , for now our insurance covers her TKi chemo but out insurance company CVS Care mark just last week announced they will not cover Tasigna and two other TKi chemo meds which are also used for my wife's Leukemia and actually she was on those meds first but they failed so she's in Bosulif which is still covered but at any time the insurance could deny coverage as they are doing 2017 for Tasigna and Gleevec as well as Sprycel all again TKI chemo treatments used to treat her Leukemia.

So one income, large medical expenses (co pays for both of us for bone marrow biopsies, full body PET CT scans for me, etc all of these cancer specialty tests require a separate deductible and the travel costs and time away form work for both of to travel six plus hours to the major cancer center regularly, versus for instance traveling to see Motocross or Supercross ,.

Just crazy stuff I couldn't make up if I wanted to. Moving into a new smaller , lesser quality house while taking a huge loss and the Cable company lying about service especially when I need internet for work , Just on top of everything else past three years , csnt believe it (cable company still sends us fliers advertising service!!! ) ,. Oh abs and DSL was our backup plan , I confirmed this House was serviceable for DSL but once I went to order DSL when cable wasn't available , found out while the house is serviceable for DSL , all dsl ports are full at the central office so we are on a DSL (which is really slow at 5 Mbps down and 256 kbps up) waiting list with no ETA. So it's either satellite internet which won't cut it for my work as I'm an Unix admin for a too five bank , credit card company and have to have a reliable connection, plus there's a data cap with satellite making it near the same cost as a hotspot which is more reliable, so all data goes to my work which is all day but also majority of nights and most Saturday nights plus I'm on incidnet bridges so I can't really work from a coffee shop if there was one Close by , so the hotspot is costing $450+ and no streaming video data making Moto viewing limited to DirecTV which is fine (though u think due to the Olympics we will have some issues). I did watch a couple of motos form a friend's house using our laptop signing in to the NBC site.

Hopefully we'll get internet soon - the cable company merged with Comcast or Time Warner and all work is supposedly on hold due to he merger.

Wow, that was a lot and I stay away from Most of the above topics on this site as it Just sounds like a ton of complaining which I guess it is which is why I normally don't mention it if I can help it but this lack of internet , insurance company dropping most chemo used to treat my wife's Leukemia (yes at $13k monthly it's expensive but why punish the patient, we have paid insurance premiums, FICA, taxes) so I guess things over three years are getting old especially losing the other house and not having broadband while paying so much for a hotspot that isn't unlimited use and our appts were Just scheduled for next month at the cancer center which will mean lots of copays, loss of vacation time , travel costs, and painful testing then the Wait to see if my wife's Leukemia treatment is holding up and if my own early Myeloma is progressing, always the most stressful part is waiting for results because both of our cases are ticking time bombs unless cures are developed many years down the line, if things hold up that long for both of us while going broke without broadband, LOL. Gotta laugh of cry., Laughing is Better if possible, ha-ha

I wish it were 1996 so badly, being back in college would be the best !!!!

Edit: worst issue, besides losing our house, income, lack of broadband, medical co pays etc -- Due to life long treatment my wife at not even age 40 has transformed into (most of the time) barely a shell of her former self (though she does have some good days).
steve_97060
8/7/2016 7:13pm
Holy crap XR75_Flamethrower, that is a lot for a couple to have to deal with, I sincerely hope things change for the better for you two.
Detroit Dick
8/7/2016 9:05pm
Damn XR, you've got more on your plate than anyone should have to deal with. Best wishes to you and your family. Regarding the races, I always just wait till Sunday morning, and watch em' here or on Promotocross.com. Usually up in full by Sunday. Pullin' for you and your wife to catch a few breaks....
Sully
8/7/2016 9:16pm
Holy crap XR75_Flamethrower, that is a lot for a couple to have to deal with, I sincerely hope things change for the better for you two.
Ain't that the truth. I hope things turn around for you and the wife XR75.

Post a reply to: Hurry Unadilla!

The Latest