Hughes and Dean Wilson??

Coach529
Edited Date/Time 7/28/2017 11:08am
Is Hughes still training Dean Wilson, or did they split??

|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/20/2014 3:17pm
I think that's old news. He's back with his old trainer, Sam.
ehr400
7/20/2014 5:13pm
I thought his training was practicing different accents every week?
Coach529
7/20/2014 5:44pm
GuyB wrote:
I think that's old news. He's back with his old trainer, Sam.
Good to know.............Hughes must have been getting tough to deal with.......
dirtnapper
7/20/2014 7:48pm
Just my opinion, but I would HATE working with Hughes......

The Shop

7/20/2014 7:50pm
I think he's a great trainer but his style doesn't work for everyone. Jlaw and Tomac were both great with him.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
7/20/2014 7:57pm
I wish Wilson could get back to form. He was fast on a 450 in SX but couldn't last more than ten laps.

He trained with Hughes hardcore but it seemed like it created arm pump issues. Possibly not related but?
c_dub
7/20/2014 8:01pm
Dart Board wrote:
I think he's a great trainer but his style doesn't work for everyone. Jlaw and Tomac were both great with him.
Most likely true. I'd love to work with him though.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
7/20/2014 8:21pm
Should be interesting to see him with Baker next season ....... Whistling
bsharkey
7/20/2014 10:04pm
wilsons a headcase. hes going to be in trouble if he cant get some confidence back soon. he has all the talent but is just missing that one key elemant
willie838
7/20/2014 11:09pm
i look at a lot of ryno's training......i'm not totally sold on a lot of the stuff he does. seems to throw in a TON of unproven/controversial unstable surface training that might not be as necessary as one would think.

i'm 100% guessing but i think deano was working harder than ever and left scratching his head that all his extra work was not yielding the results he desired.
bd
7/21/2014 12:36am
dirtnapper wrote:
Ryno does not do well with people who half ass and are full of bullshit. Have you worked with him? I trained with him for three days - an incredible coach: knows motocross, nutrition, and emotional intelligence. Great guy.

How can you make a claim if you do not know the man, never worked with the man, never experienced his training? If you have, please SHARE your experience.
bd
7/21/2014 12:37am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 12:38am
willie838 wrote:
i look at a lot of ryno's training......i'm not totally sold on a lot of the stuff he does. seems to throw in a TON of...
i look at a lot of ryno's training......i'm not totally sold on a lot of the stuff he does. seems to throw in a TON of unproven/controversial unstable surface training that might not be as necessary as one would think.

i'm 100% guessing but i think deano was working harder than ever and left scratching his head that all his extra work was not yielding the results he desired.
In other words, you are key board jockey and don't know dick. He works with Tomac.....

What did John Tomac say about Ryno?
Grieby54
7/21/2014 6:40am
dirtnapper wrote:
bd wrote:
Ryno does not do well with people who half ass and are full of bullshit. Have you worked with him? I trained with him for three...
Ryno does not do well with people who half ass and are full of bullshit. Have you worked with him? I trained with him for three days - an incredible coach: knows motocross, nutrition, and emotional intelligence. Great guy.

How can you make a claim if you do not know the man, never worked with the man, never experienced his training? If you have, please SHARE your experience.
Emotional intelligence and Ryan Hughes don't belong in the same sentence. Talk about nut job...
IWreckALot
7/21/2014 7:02am
willie838 wrote:
i look at a lot of ryno's training......i'm not totally sold on a lot of the stuff he does. seems to throw in a TON of...

bd wrote:
In other words, you are key board jockey and don't know dick. He works with Tomac.....

I am curious. What did John Tomac say about Ryno?

It's crazy because I used to dog on Hughes for the neck brace thing but then you listen to his rationale and it makes logical sense. I can't argue the science behind it but I kinda backed off of bashing him once I heard the PulpMx interview (I believe it was) that they had him on. I’ll still criticize the timing of his neck brace lectures. Right after someone breaks their neck isn’t the time to classily be saying “I told you so”.
CrashMaster
7/21/2014 7:18am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 7:19am
I think Ol' Deano concentrates more on pussy than riding. WinkTongue
dirtnapper
7/21/2014 9:03am
dirtnapper wrote:
bd wrote:
Ryno does not do well with people who half ass and are full of bullshit. Have you worked with him? I trained with him for three...

Nope, never met the guy.

The first three words of my post - read them again. It's MY opinion.

Ryan Hughes is a person I have ZERO interest in ever meeting, let alone working with. Just my view from interviews and vids I have seen and read. The guy seems like a big ball of anger and rage. He comes across as one of the douchiest guys in moto.

Don't come at me for having an opinion, broWink
dirtnapper
7/21/2014 9:03am
I think Ol' Deano concentrates more on pussy than riding. WinkTongue
Oh....and Crash nailed it in his post...
JonnyDH84
7/21/2014 9:10am
I think because of instagram a lot of people have the wrong impression of deano. The same was said about roczen and now hes stopped posted the fun stuff and posted workout pics vids everyone has stopped bagging on him. Its amazing how people get sucked into believing everything on social media.
colonel
7/21/2014 9:49am
Dart Board wrote:
Eli went through a bad patch with Ryan and hence him not continuing there partnership.
500guy
7/21/2014 9:53am
My only outside observation about Ryan is , He is possibly to intense for many people and they train so hard it almost makes them a head case come race day.
dean122
7/21/2014 10:09am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 10:12am
The amount of sweat you drop on the floor doesn't equate to success on the track. From an outside perspective it seems as though Ryno trains you into the ground to make up for other aspects he lacks knowledge in.

EI doesnt look to be his strong suit either..."dude, you hit me first motherfucker!! What's your problem dude!"
IWreckALot
7/21/2014 10:28am
dean122 wrote:
The amount of sweat you drop on the floor doesn't equate to success on the track. From an outside perspective it seems as though Ryno trains...
The amount of sweat you drop on the floor doesn't equate to success on the track. From an outside perspective it seems as though Ryno trains you into the ground to make up for other aspects he lacks knowledge in.

EI doesnt look to be his strong suit either..."dude, you hit me first motherfucker!! What's your problem dude!"
Quantity of exercises doesn't net you the most efficiency. Guys like Dungey, Eli, Canard, and Aldon's trainees seem to practice more efficiently. I think this is why guys like Grant, Millsaps, Brayton and a lot of other "best of the rest" guys don't hit the same level the front runners can run. They put in the same number of hours or possibly more in training, but it's on routines that don't apply directly to their discipline.
colonel
7/21/2014 10:35am
dean122 wrote:
The amount of sweat you drop on the floor doesn't equate to success on the track. From an outside perspective it seems as though Ryno trains...

For someone who knows that they looking at, Hughes' knowledge about off bike training leaves much to be desired. When he talks and explains the knowledge or reasoning behind it is hogwash from a validated scientific side. I am sure his on bike at the track work is good but those videos are something to cringe at with regards to his strength work. Form, for 1 is none existant when performing exercises and especially his intensity based workouts. He reminds me of Jeff Spencer, bullshit baffles brains and his "different workouts" look impressive but thats honestly about it with little adaptation to the athlete. From what I heard from some athletes who have worked with him, he doesnt allow an athlete to give their input on how and when etc about the training, load and volume and see's it as a challenge. Alot of riders have left him due to this and other reasons.

colonel
7/21/2014 10:37am
dean122 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
Quantity of exercises doesn't net you the most efficiency. Guys like Dungey, Eli, Canard, and Aldon's trainees seem to practice more efficiently. I think this is...
Quantity of exercises doesn't net you the most efficiency. Guys like Dungey, Eli, Canard, and Aldon's trainees seem to practice more efficiently. I think this is why guys like Grant, Millsaps, Brayton and a lot of other "best of the rest" guys don't hit the same level the front runners can run. They put in the same number of hours or possibly more in training, but it's on routines that don't apply directly to their discipline.
Quality over quantity and periodize your training throughout the year. That is what works and top trainers use, not a constant 110% all out hard as you can go all the time with no recovery to allow for training adaptation to take effect.
hvaughn88
7/21/2014 11:20am
willie838 wrote:

bd wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
I am curious. What did John Tomac say about Ryno? It's crazy because I used to dog on Hughes for the neck brace thing but then...
I am curious. What did John Tomac say about Ryno?

It's crazy because I used to dog on Hughes for the neck brace thing but then you listen to his rationale and it makes logical sense. I can't argue the science behind it but I kinda backed off of bashing him once I heard the PulpMx interview (I believe it was) that they had him on. I’ll still criticize the timing of his neck brace lectures. Right after someone breaks their neck isn’t the time to classily be saying “I told you so”.
The weird thing is that I had almost the exact opposite response when I listened to the podcast. It caused me to even further discredit his opinion. Of course, that's just my outlook and by no means am I saying that you're wrong or right. Just sharing my experience when listening to it.
Coach529
7/21/2014 11:26am
I almost wish I would not have started this topic......wow.
hvaughn88
7/21/2014 11:29am
Coach529 wrote:
I almost wish I would not have started this topic......wow.
haha, I always regret participating in neck brace, helmet, US vs GP, Stewart or PED topics. Come to think of it, seems like every topic always ends up the same, haha
englishman
7/21/2014 11:31am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 11:32am
dean122 wrote:

Exactly - the first part.

Plus it's a LOT of cash to fork out each month if you aren't 100% confident in your trainers capabilities.
7/21/2014 11:37am
Dean can't handle Hughes, he's not hard enough... That's all there is to it. Dean has seen his best days come and go.
500guy
7/21/2014 11:39am
Dean can't handle Hughes, he's not hard enough... That's all there is to it. Dean has seen his best days come and go.
And people including myself said that about Milsaps yet there he was winning races and leading the series for the better part of the season.

Post a reply to: Hughes and Dean Wilson??

The Latest