How will tomac do in SX on the Green Bike ????

Green Plague
Edited Date/Time 10/13/2015 7:11pm
Where do you think eli tomac and the new Kawasaki team will finish in supercross in 2016 ???
|
51xc
10/11/2015 2:57am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 3:00am
with less than 2 months of riding and testing i think he will progress week by week and if he is not able to land good points in the first view rounds his championship hopes will be over sooner than later. the competition is just to strong. but I'll expect him to be the favourite for the outdoors, no matter what bike he is on. the guy is just unbelievable fast and fit.
Canerat
10/11/2015 3:20am
Tomac is one of the best in this business and will quickly adapt to the factory Kawa. He will be ready come A1.

The Shop

10/11/2015 3:22am
Idk. Switching bikes may not be the best thing. Especially when the kxf450 is all new this year. But if anyone can do it, he's the guy for the job.
MR. X
10/11/2015 3:35am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 3:36am
I say at least 12 LCQ victories this season ,ya he is gonna kill it this year. In all reality ,his nickname should be diesel ,once that dude gets going he keeps it going ,I'm sure he'll have his share of wins this year.
Starcrossed
10/11/2015 3:35am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 4:10am
It's a tough call with the uncertainty surrounding a few of the top riders. Dungey would appear to be the favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tomac, Roczen, Barcia, or Stewart threaten his dominance early on. Then there's Canard, Reed, and Millsaps, who could also emerge as contenders. Throw in Musquin, Anderson, Bogle, Baggett, Pourcel, and Seely, and we will have past champions and race winners needing exceptional performances just to make the top ten. All things considered, I would place Tomac at, or very near the top, in any given race, or for the series championship.
Guys like Short, Hahn, Tickle, Wilson, Peick, Grant, and Brayton, will probably end up having to qualify through the LCQ for some races. This is going to be a tough year for privateers in the 450 class until attrition inevitably begins to take its toll.
kkawboy14
10/11/2015 7:35am
Milsaps did really good on a green bike last year......until he got sick....
MX Culture
10/11/2015 7:51am
I heard he would be on the bike until early December at best.
machine
10/11/2015 7:59am
MX Culture wrote:
I heard he would be on the bike until early December at best.
That's not a lot of time to get ready.
jevyguy
10/11/2015 9:08am
ET3 said it himself that he might not be prepared going into A1. He still hasn't been back on the bike, and who knows when he will. I would be pretty certain in saying that he isn't going to be hanging it all out until he is 100%
10/11/2015 9:59am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 9:59am
Shoulders are a crap shoot. He could come back and never be the same. A new bike is the least of his issues.
The Champ
10/11/2015 10:01am
Wonder when we will actually get the news that it's official?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/11/2015 10:20am
The Champ wrote:
This next week... Whistling
Hut
10/11/2015 10:35am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 10:35am
Shoulders are a crap shoot. He could come back and never be the same. A new bike is the least of his issues.
Or he can come back and dominate, I hope he comes back strong and keeps it together.
TeamGreen
10/11/2015 10:50am
The Champ wrote:
ML512 wrote:
A Monster announcement at a Monster event?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/11/2015 11:49am
The Champ wrote:
ML512 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Before the Monster event.
Mikkis
10/11/2015 11:53am
ML512 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Before the Monster event.
Oct 15th?
10/11/2015 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 2:19pm
I really hate that's he's leaving Honda. All the BS talk about the Honda's not being powerfull enough or competitive for this reason or that reason really bugs me. Maybe Cuz I got a 14 HONDA 450 with a few mods and I know the true potential of the bike.. Its an amazing bike that's brutally effective at racing.
I know the stock bikes aren't factory bikes, but if my bike is as good as it is with the minor amount of mods it has, then I know the factory Hondas gotta be incredible.. along with other factory bikes.
Point is, he was dominating on his 15 crf 450 like no one has dominated in a long long time.. Man he made that bike look good, or maybe it was the bike that made him look good.. all I know is together they were unbeatable... almost!!

I think he won't do as good on the new kawi. Not becuz the kx is inferior to the cr, but becuz rarely does a rider switch brands and immediately returns to the same speed they were on they're familiar bikes. There's been exceptions, but most of the time, that just isn't the case..
cwtoyota
10/11/2015 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 3:10pm
I really hate that's he's leaving Honda. All the BS talk about the Honda's not being powerfull enough or competitive for this reason or that reason...
I really hate that's he's leaving Honda. All the BS talk about the Honda's not being powerfull enough or competitive for this reason or that reason really bugs me. Maybe Cuz I got a 14 HONDA 450 with a few mods and I know the true potential of the bike.. Its an amazing bike that's brutally effective at racing.
I know the stock bikes aren't factory bikes, but if my bike is as good as it is with the minor amount of mods it has, then I know the factory Hondas gotta be incredible.. along with other factory bikes.
Point is, he was dominating on his 15 crf 450 like no one has dominated in a long long time.. Man he made that bike look good, or maybe it was the bike that made him look good.. all I know is together they were unbeatable... almost!!

I think he won't do as good on the new kawi. Not becuz the kx is inferior to the cr, but becuz rarely does a rider switch brands and immediately returns to the same speed they were on they're familiar bikes. There's been exceptions, but most of the time, that just isn't the case..
In reality, all of these 450cc engines have the potential to make all the horsepower that any racer needs.
We'll never know the specific reasons Tomac left Honda, but I can't imagine any rider leaving any factory 450 team for lack of horsepower.

Judging by how well Tomac was doing at the beginning of the '15 motocross season, it's hard to imagine that he left for suspension or chassis reasons either unless it was a supercross specific thing.

Maybe he thinks he will work better with a different team? Maybe he wants to be on a team where he is the center of attention instead of sharing the spotlight with Tray Canard and Cole Seely?

I'm not forgetting about Wil Hahn and don't mean to degrade him, just speculation.

As for returning to the same speed, it seems to me that Kawi has their development figured out and their major bike changes have been fairly conservative and calculated (like KTM) where they don't often go backward with a new design. It seems like Yamaha and Honda on the other hand have been known in recent iterations to make big changes that lack overall improvements.
10/11/2015 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 3:24pm
I really hate that's he's leaving Honda. All the BS talk about the Honda's not being powerfull enough or competitive for this reason or that reason...

cwtoyota wrote:
In reality, all of these 450cc engines have the potential to make all the horsepower that any racer needs. We'll never know the specific reasons Tomac...
In reality, all of these 450cc engines have the potential to make all the horsepower that any racer needs.
We'll never know the specific reasons Tomac left Honda, but I can't imagine any rider leaving any factory 450 team for lack of horsepower.

Judging by how well Tomac was doing at the beginning of the '15 motocross season, it's hard to imagine that he left for suspension or chassis reasons either unless it was a supercross specific thing.

Maybe he thinks he will work better with a different team? Maybe he wants to be on a team where he is the center of attention instead of sharing the spotlight with Tray Canard and Cole Seely?

I'm not forgetting about Wil Hahn and don't mean to degrade him, just speculation.

As for returning to the same speed, it seems to me that Kawi has their development figured out and their major bike changes have been fairly conservative and calculated (like KTM) where they don't often go backward with a new design. It seems like Yamaha and Honda on the other hand have been known in recent iterations to make big changes that lack overall improvements.
Yep..agreed.. I'm no pro...not even close, but too me seems like the Honda has the potential to be the ultimate supercross bikes.. Will be interesting to see the direction the new 17 crf takes.. will it remain a cut and thrust type bike or move into a more outdoors stable type bike..
I think most people consider the 13+ Hondas to be an improvement over the 09-12 models in overall performance.. maybe not suspension as some don't like the air forks, but most consider it a better overall bike..

For whatever reason Eli has for leaving, I'm sure hethinks its the best thing for him..
51xc
10/11/2015 3:44pm
eli will have a team and entire program tailored to him with kawasaki. that should be enough reason for anybody plus the team knows how to win championships. what can you ask more for?
davistld01
10/11/2015 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 3:50pm

When it all co Es down to it...for most every young, talented, in-demand rider...it's absolutely all about the potential paycheck. There is no loyalty.

I hope this is a good choice for Eli, and not something he'll look back on with regret. Not that I think he will, but Geico/Honda had that red bike looking great right up until he crashed this last season. And, he looked great on it.
10/11/2015 4:02pm

davistld01 wrote:
When it all co Es down to it...for most every young, talented, in-demand rider...it's absolutely all about the potential paycheck. There is no loyalty. I hope...
When it all co Es down to it...for most every young, talented, in-demand rider...it's absolutely all about the potential paycheck. There is no loyalty.

I hope this is a good choice for Eli, and not something he'll look back on with regret. Not that I think he will, but Geico/Honda had that red bike looking great right up until he crashed this last season. And, he looked great on it.
Yes they did.. As a matter of fact Eli's Honda looked more dialed in than Any bike I can remember in recent years. Maybe it was just all Eli, but yeah his bike looked stable, agile, powerfull and totally dialed in... it truly was a thing of beauty..
Silliker269
10/11/2015 4:16pm
I think him playing it safe the first few rounds could help him out , he tends to overdue it sometimes when he's fired up
10/11/2015 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 4:33pm

How short are memories around here?

Tomac's decision to look elsewhere was made before HRCs new focus resulted in the improvements in the bike set up, etc. Everyone talks about how great the bike was. Yeah...for two races out doors. The bike was not very good in 14, and ET was hit and miss in SX in 15.

If HRC had devoted those resources a year sooner, Tomac would probably not have made the jump. He was not happy with the bike in 2014...and when Trey went to KYB at the end of 14...and instantly went so much better....it was clear that Honda needed to rethink things with the bike. Too late... It took half of the next season to get things dialed, and by then ET was long gone.

If Kawi puts the full effort (like HRC did too late) into getting the bike dialed, there is no reason ET wont go just as fast. His real issue is recovery from the shoulder issues.

I just hope he makes a 100% recovery, so we can see that ET magic again. When he is as his best, I think there is no one who has ever ridden a dirt bike faster. It does not happen that often, but when it does, it is incredible.
mxfiend
10/11/2015 4:31pm
51xc wrote:
eli will have a team and entire program tailored to him with kawasaki. that should be enough reason for anybody plus the team knows how to...
eli will have a team and entire program tailored to him with kawasaki. that should be enough reason for anybody plus the team knows how to win championships. what can you ask more for?
According to everyone who has left.. it sounds like they run what they run and expect you to adapt
So hopefully he does
10/11/2015 4:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 4:40pm
51xc wrote:
eli will have a team and entire program tailored to him with kawasaki. that should be enough reason for anybody plus the team knows how to...
mxfiend wrote:
According to everyone who has left.. it sounds like they run what they run and expect you to adapt
So hopefully he does
What is Eli's style?

He is not a super over the front guy like James. He is more in the middle of the bike than RV. Basically, he is a super physical rider who simply is a better athlete and bashes stuff harder than anyone else can, while not getting tired. Nobody consistently OJs and bashes stuff like ET...and just takes the hit and keeps it pinned. That is the sort of "style" that will probably be adaptable, so long as the suspension is good.

No one thought he would adapt to the 450 from the 250. There was all this talk about how KR would be a better 450 rider. Yeah...KR won a championship...but once the bike was dialed in...has anyone ever gone as fast as ET was going? Not according to JT...who has 15 years as a pro to tune his judgement of what fast on a dirt bike is.

Post a reply to: How will tomac do in SX on the Green Bike ????

The Latest