How to watch SX live online

Tony922
Edited Date/Time 12/16/2014 5:55am
From Aussie and sick of paying $90 per month for 125 channels of shit so I can watch ama SX, mx. I sent an email to supercross live to ask what the deal is on getting a download of the races but no reply. I want to watch the gp's also to follow RV & co and I'm sure youth stream will be happy to take some coin in exchange for a live stream. Their normal gp shows are delayed and a load of crap anyway. Anyone got the inside info for ama?
|
Cliffy615
Fantasy
2899th
12/15/2014 2:35am
They are definately missing a trick not having it so that fans outside of america can have and pay for an account to watch the races in their own time, i'd happily pay to be able to watch the supercross and motocross season.

Currently i stay up till 5-6am to watch most of the rounds on a shitty quality and probably illegal stream. To wake up on a sunday morning to watch the round in HD linked up to my tv would easily be worth $10 per round and i'm sure huindreds of thousand of fans would agree,

I really don't understand why this hasn't been done, it'll give the mx industry a much larger revenue and will put much more money in Feld's and the other organiser pockets. It's seems like a no brainer.
Crush
12/15/2014 2:41am
Tony922 wrote:
From Aussie and sick of paying $90 per month for 125 channels of shit so I can watch ama SX, mx. I sent an email to...
From Aussie and sick of paying $90 per month for 125 channels of shit so I can watch ama SX, mx. I sent an email to supercross live to ask what the deal is on getting a download of the races but no reply. I want to watch the gp's also to follow RV & co and I'm sure youth stream will be happy to take some coin in exchange for a live stream. Their normal gp shows are delayed and a load of crap anyway. Anyone got the inside info for ama?
Foxtel have a 25 dollar a month deal now right? Does that have speed or espn or whatever it is?

I'm gonna buy the MXGP package I think, I have too...
jemcee
12/15/2014 3:06am
You can be pretty sure that there'll be a stream for every round of SX, the live rounds anyway.. last year they were all pretty good and I'm definitely getting the MXGP package again this year! last year every round was HD and archived straight away.. Not sure what you mean by delayed cause they've been live ever since I've been watching them..

The last couple of years I'd either stay up or get up to watch the nationals but this year I waited and watched the archives with the Hola add on and it was way better cause I actually enjoyed my sundays haha
Tony922
12/15/2014 3:07am
Tony922 wrote:
From Aussie and sick of paying $90 per month for 125 channels of shit so I can watch ama SX, mx. I sent an email to...
Crush wrote:
Foxtel have a 25 dollar a month deal now right? Does that have speed or espn or whatever it is? I'm gonna buy the MXGP package...
Foxtel have a 25 dollar a month deal now right? Does that have speed or espn or whatever it is?

I'm gonna buy the MXGP package I think, I have too...
They sometimes have deals for new accounts to lure the suckers in. I have to pay extra to get the sports channels, that used to be speed but now fox sports 5 or something. Would doubt that you could get the sports channels for that.
As you would know ( from aus) the SX is normally on Sunday lunchtime - right when we are out pounding laps. When you get home, the f**kers have substituted the SX for some golf, darts or f**ken poker or something.
When we went stateside to Millville this year, the bloody thing crapped out while we were away and didn't record anything. The bastards wouldn't give us a refund because we didn't report the fault. Got me buggered how we would have known it wasn't working!
Well, they can get stuffed. I'll just have to log on here and watch the you tubes when they come up.

The Shop

Crush
12/15/2014 3:21am
haha... See how you go with Youtube and links like Jemcee says...
12/15/2014 3:45am
I wish they would do a live stream, its 2015 and unbelievable really. they talk about expanding the sport and reaching out, FFS its the web, use it. They manage it for practice so why not the racing? back in 2009 or 2010 I used to get it via sky on espn hd but its not been back.

screw it though I get it online 24 hours later in HD anyway but live would be perfect as it would stop me being out of the loop for a day or so
Jack mehoff
12/15/2014 6:38am
Tony922 wrote:
Roku with a fox sports paid subscription
jndmx
12/15/2014 6:54am
Tony922 wrote:
Can you now subscribe strictly to Fox Sports on the Roku?

The Fox Sports Go App only works if you have a full cable subscription
Jack mehoff
12/15/2014 8:17am
Tony922 wrote:
jndmx wrote:

all that you do is sign in with your current cable sub witch all have fox sports in there sub package and it gives you acces to everything that they are broadcasting ,you can use your freinds patents any one you pick your cable co ,or sat company and a box pops up to sign on like you where paying your bill and it activates everything automatically
Tpog496
12/15/2014 8:45am
jndmx wrote:

all that you do is sign in with your current cable sub witch all have fox sports in there sub package and it gives you acces...
all that you do is sign in with your current cable sub witch all have fox sports in there sub package and it gives you acces to everything that they are broadcasting ,you can use your freinds patents any one you pick your cable co ,or sat company and a box pops up to sign on like you where paying your bill and it activates everything automatically
So if i sign in with my dish account but don't have Fox sports 1 or 2 I can still watch those channels through the roku?
SEE ARE125
12/15/2014 8:50am
I just got a Roku 3 and I LOVE it. Still figuring it out though. I have LiveStream, CBS Sports, and a few others, but I can't find the Fox Sports app? How do I get that? My cable company offers live tv on their website, which includes FS1, but that requires hooking up the laptop to go to their site. I really wish Roku had a browser.
Jack mehoff
12/15/2014 8:59am
jndmx wrote:

all that you do is sign in with your current cable sub witch all have fox sports in there sub package and it gives you acces...
Tpog496 wrote:
So if i sign in with my dish account but don't have Fox sports 1 or 2 I can still watch those channels through the roku?
Not sure since I have fox on my comcast acct if it don't work let me know
Jack mehoff
12/15/2014 9:05am
Sorry guys it's Apple TV that has it , it's called fox TV to go , I install av for a living and it's hard to keep up with all off them and I have them all roku Apple tv etc it's a 99 dollar box hooks up with hdmi only
jndmx
12/15/2014 9:05am
jndmx wrote:

That's not the same thing now is it....you aren't subscribing to the online feed you are getting shit on your mobile device because you already pay for cable.

I don't have cable.......That's the whole point.

I want to watch online without having to be gouged $80 a month for something I don't use.
Tpog496
12/15/2014 9:07am
So were still looking for a way to not have to pay 100$ a month for TV subscription and be able to watch supercross.
Jack mehoff
12/15/2014 9:21am
jndmx wrote:

jndmx wrote:
That's not the same thing now is it....you aren't subscribing to the online feed you are getting shit on your mobile device because you already pay...
That's not the same thing now is it....you aren't subscribing to the online feed you are getting shit on your mobile device because you already pay for cable.

I want to watch online without having to be gouged $80 a month for something I don't use.
jndmx and tpog499 pm me
Jack mehoff
12/15/2014 10:29am
Did you guys get my pm ? I am not sure if I did the code thing right on the reply ?
2thefront
12/15/2014 11:03am
jndmx wrote:

jndmx wrote:
That's not the same thing now is it....you aren't subscribing to the online feed you are getting shit on your mobile device because you already pay...

You aren't paying for stuff you don't want. The people that pay $80/month and don't watch sports are subsidizing for the sports watchers. Sports channels are what keeps the cable and satellite companies in business and where the absolute vast majority of that $80 goes.
Jaybird67k
12/15/2014 11:59am
I don't pay to watch the races or any other channel all you need is a good internet connection and a good invite only torrent site and a Gbox from amazon. Every channel in the world..........thousands of channels for a one time fee less than $100 bucks.

Party on.

Jason
Tony922
12/15/2014 3:03pm
Sheesh, showing my age here. No idea what most of these websites are. Guess I'll just have a crack at it when the races start.
I'll bet feld has a deal with fox sports or whoever and won't stream it as that would take eyeballs away from pay tv and their advertisers.
MXisLIFE
12/16/2014 4:48am
Any ability any secret to watching SX online is greatly appreciated I'm computer illiterate so you have to break it down.. As I also refuse to pay for cable that I only watch for SX
Spydee
12/16/2014 5:11am Edited Date/Time 12/16/2014 5:12am
If slicknick610 didn't exist, I would literally have no way of following the races. It's not even like we have a pay-per-view option over here, which is a real shame and quite shocking in this day in age.

Back in 2000 I used to stay up to watch the race on Channel 5 at stupid o'clock in the morning, and even then it was broadcast a week or two after the event, so we were like 2 races behind the real world!

At least we get the GP's live though I guess. Would be nice to have both though. Meh.

Here's to slicknick from all of us outside the USA. You rock. Cool
thekendogg
12/16/2014 5:32am
To be honest, there's usually good HD YouTube uploads come Monday afternoon (UK time) to allow us to watch it on Monday night, just means staying off MX websites for a day or so! It's just a matter of finding and subscribing to a reliable upoader (they seem to change each season!). I use slicknick610's torrents sometimes and his stuff is quality, but the YouTube uploads are handier (no downloading, etc.) and usually released around the same time.

If I'm right in saying, the races are being shown mainly on Fox Sports? (any correction is welcome!). I recently discovered an app for my android tablet, XBMC (you can get it on your computer and Roku devices, not sure about Apple devices). It's a bit confusing to setup - I'm pretty good with most computer stuff and found it pretty tough - I'm sure someone here will be able to explain how to get it up and running.

Once installed and configured correctly, you can get access to pretty much any TV channel, movie and TV show in the world, all in pretty close to HD quality. I'll be watching the SX on it come January (if I can manage to stay up to 5am!!). I've used it to watch boxing and some football (soccer) and it seems to be working perfectly. I get all the American Sports channels too.
Crush
12/16/2014 5:35am
I feel like this discussion should happen via PM in case FELD is watching.
12/16/2014 5:55am
Crush wrote:
I feel like this discussion should happen via PM in case FELD is watching.
What if Tony922 (OP) is Feld?

Post a reply to: How to watch SX live online

The Latest