How much you supose it took to get Dungey ?

500guy
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:33pm
2 yrs , 20 Million ?

it's a big risk for Ryan to jump to KTM on an unproven bike, Maybe Red Bull ponied up too.

Any idea ? yep it's none of our business but all other Sports figures disclose Salaries why not Moto ?
|
kongols
10/1/2011 8:04am
2 YEARS, 5 MILLION, is what the rumor was. I think it`s 5 million a year.
TY6
10/1/2011 8:04am
20 million over 2 years?

send this to the dumbgeon.

The Shop

TDeath21
10/1/2011 8:06am
How much did it take to get Dungey? Just look up what Decoster is making and there's your answer Wink
MXR
10/1/2011 8:06am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2011 8:08am
2 DNF's , 1 DNS and two championship bonus checks on the wall with insufficient funds
500guy
10/1/2011 8:07am
TY6 wrote:
20 million over 2 years?

Hey asshole, it's a guess

Maybe I should have said 30K and unlimited Red Bull ?
SteveS
10/1/2011 8:10am
Interesting. When I clicked on this thread's link, I got a warning from Norton Antivirus that an attempted attack by www.avingale.com was blocked. Says its a known attack called browser fingerprinting 3.

Anyway, hasn't the rumor been 2 years, 5 million?
Alex
10/1/2011 8:16am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2011 5:20am
MXA said it would take 1 million to get him then RacerX had the 5 million for 2 seasons figure. Theres a big difference between 1 and 2.5 million a year. Ive a feeling the 2.5 million figure refers to what he could earn with bonuses depending on results. Its a lot of money in this day and age whatever.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/1/2011 8:16am
TY6 wrote:
20 million over 2 years?

500guy wrote:
Hey asshole, it's a guess

Maybe I should have said 30K and unlimited Red Bull ?
probably a better guess than 20mil haha
MX Culture
10/1/2011 8:18am
SteveS wrote:
Interesting. When I clicked on this thread's link, I got a warning from Norton Antivirus that an attempted attack by www.avingale.com was blocked. Says its a...
Interesting. When I clicked on this thread's link, I got a warning from Norton Antivirus that an attempted attack by www.avingale.com was blocked. Says its a known attack called browser fingerprinting 3.

Anyway, hasn't the rumor been 2 years, 5 million?
that was the correct rumor that Racer X stated a week or so ago.
500guy doesn't know how to read, but he's great at making shit up.
500guy
10/1/2011 8:19am
I think you guy's are off on figures, these top guy's make more then they let on. You don't charter Jets, Have private training facilities and an entourage on 1.5 mil a year.
RaceFace
10/1/2011 8:25am
kongols wrote:
And what do you think his base salary was at Suzuki? (rumored to be $400,000-$450,000)

I do love the $20 mil guess.
kongols
10/1/2011 8:28am
kongols wrote:
RaceFace wrote:
And what do you think his base salary was at Suzuki? (rumored to be $400,000-$450,000)

From what I understood his base salary was $750 000 + bonus money. I would agree with 20 million if you include all his sponsor and bonus money.
RaceFace
10/1/2011 8:38am
500guy wrote:
I think you guy's are off on figures, these top guy's make more then they let on. You don't charter Jets, Have private training facilities and...
I think you guy's are off on figures, these top guy's make more then they let on. You don't charter Jets, Have private training facilities and an entourage on 1.5 mil a year.
Chartered jets can be a perk of a contract, which would not be "salary". A training facility in East BumFluck Florida isn't all that much money, comparatively speaking. Entourage? Who is in Dungey's? Sorby can be had for a couple of Big Macs and a case of JD.

Bonuses!!!!! With Dungeys supposed $400,000 base salary in 2010, he probably earned a few million more after winning like 12 races and 2 titles. They estimate each title is worth $1 mil and each win worth $100,000 in bonus. Sponsors also have bonuses and don't forget, Fox and friends are also throwing money at them. I remember seeing way back when that RJ's Fox deal was worth $100,000 a year, plus bonuses. It all adds up. My guess is that RV gets around $1 mil in base salary. He at least tripled that in 2011 in bonuses.

Don't forget, many years a salary goes to someone that is hurt. Look at what Honda got out of Grant and Canard this year. They still got paid.

$2.5 mil a year base is a big chunk considering that Dungey could end up with twice that much in bonuses. Of course RV will probably not allow that, but that is why Dungey went with the guaranteed money.
sesker15
10/1/2011 8:41am
500guy wrote:
I think you guy's are off on figures, these top guy's make more then they let on. You don't charter Jets, Have private training facilities and...
I think the numbers are spot on. The day of the private jets are over( ask Cr22) if this was 2002 Ryan dungey contract would have been a lot more. Times have change for the worst for the riders. Not to many riders have training facilities as you think. The ones that do have them been in the game for some time and has won a lot of races. Which brings in more money to pay for the tracks they own. Ryan D even trains at RC's place. The only new rider i have seen with a new track is justin barcia.( money from east coast championship). With all the being said I wish the riders made more! But 20mil no way!
RaceFace
10/1/2011 8:48am
kongols wrote:
RaceFace wrote:

kongols wrote:
From what I understood his base salary was $750 000 + bonus money. I would agree with 20 million if you include all his sponsor and...
From what I understood his base salary was $750 000 + bonus money. I would agree with 20 million if you include all his sponsor and bonus money.
So basically you take every rumor and double it? What do you think is RV's salary, seeing as they have said he took a pay cut from 2010?

I would say Dungey made $5 mil in 2010 after ALL bonuses and sponsorships were accounted for. Sponsors like Makita and RockStar help Suzuki pay Dungey's salary. Target and Nike are Dungey's own deal. I would guess Stewart may have sniffed $10 mil at times after all was said and done. We forget, Reed couldn't even find a suitable ride for 2011. Think that was because he was turning down deals that could only earn him a mere $1 million?

I was being sarcastic with the $20 mil. figure.
kongols
10/1/2011 9:02am
RaceFace wrote:
So basically you take every rumor and double it? What do you think is RV's salary, seeing as they have said he took a pay cut...
So basically you take every rumor and double it? What do you think is RV's salary, seeing as they have said he took a pay cut from 2010?

I would say Dungey made $5 mil in 2010 after ALL bonuses and sponsorships were accounted for. Sponsors like Makita and RockStar help Suzuki pay Dungey's salary. Target and Nike are Dungey's own deal. I would guess Stewart may have sniffed $10 mil at times after all was said and done. We forget, Reed couldn't even find a suitable ride for 2011. Think that was because he was turning down deals that could only earn him a mere $1 million?

I was being sarcastic with the $20 mil. figure.
If he gets 20 mil in two years I say good for him and he earned every penny of it. He`s worth it.
nickm
10/1/2011 9:03am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2011 9:07am
While adding fact to the mix might be a bit weird for vital, here is a link to KTM's financial statements (in US dollars). http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/financia… As you can see last year they netted $14M on revenues of just under $600M....the only people at KTM that could authorize a $20M salary for a rider would be the board of directors, and on $14M net earnings last year, that is quite unlikely to happen.

As you can see the numbers also show how bike sales are in the shitter, they go from $800M revenues in '08 and drop TWO HUNDRED MILLION over two years...that ain't chump change.

RD probably got what he would have gotten anywhere else, the big difference with KTM is Roger Decoster and a team that WANTS to win.

KTM wants to prove they can win in AMA, and according to their shareholder statements, they want to be in a position to grow as the US market comes back (whenever it is that happens)...having guys like Dungey and Roczen winning over the next two years will translate into showroom sales when people are buying bikes again (at least that's the plan...)
nickm
10/1/2011 9:06am
One other item...If you look at the financial statements they put about $100M into sales expense and about $30M into R&D...odds are slim that they'd take nealy 20% of the sales budget or nearly all the R&D budget and dump it into one guy...doesn't sound like good planning.
Deetsmx
10/1/2011 9:24am
nickm wrote:
While adding fact to the mix might be a bit weird for vital, here is a link to KTM's financial statements (in US dollars). http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=KTM:AV&dataset=incomeStatement&period=A&currency=US%20Dollar As...
While adding fact to the mix might be a bit weird for vital, here is a link to KTM's financial statements (in US dollars). http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/financia… As you can see last year they netted $14M on revenues of just under $600M....the only people at KTM that could authorize a $20M salary for a rider would be the board of directors, and on $14M net earnings last year, that is quite unlikely to happen.

As you can see the numbers also show how bike sales are in the shitter, they go from $800M revenues in '08 and drop TWO HUNDRED MILLION over two years...that ain't chump change.

RD probably got what he would have gotten anywhere else, the big difference with KTM is Roger Decoster and a team that WANTS to win.

KTM wants to prove they can win in AMA, and according to their shareholder statements, they want to be in a position to grow as the US market comes back (whenever it is that happens)...having guys like Dungey and Roczen winning over the next two years will translate into showroom sales when people are buying bikes again (at least that's the plan...)
You're not taking into account the sponsors. When KTM puts a guy like Dungey on the team they get quite a bit more from sponsors and draw in new potential sponsors. Everything from handlebars, grips, graphics, brakes, filters, lubricants, red bull, tires, chains, sprockets, pistons, ignitions, etc. This salary isn't all coming out of their pockets. Think JGR, they don't have a bike to sell so why do they do it?
SL91
10/1/2011 9:33am
MXR wrote:
2 DNF's , 1 DNS and two championship bonus checks on the wall with insufficient funds
x2
nickm
10/1/2011 9:44am
nickm wrote:
While adding fact to the mix might be a bit weird for vital, here is a link to KTM's financial statements (in US dollars). http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=KTM:AV&dataset=incomeStatement&period=A&currency=US%20Dollar As...

Deetsmx wrote:
You're not taking into account the sponsors. When KTM puts a guy like Dungey on the team they get quite a bit more from sponsors and...
You're not taking into account the sponsors. When KTM puts a guy like Dungey on the team they get quite a bit more from sponsors and draw in new potential sponsors. Everything from handlebars, grips, graphics, brakes, filters, lubricants, red bull, tires, chains, sprockets, pistons, ignitions, etc. This salary isn't all coming out of their pockets. Think JGR, they don't have a bike to sell so why do they do it?
So back to the main point of my post...he probably got what he would have gotten anywhere else..whatever that amount is.

That said Red Bull is a privately owned Austrian company. Maybe Mr. Red Bull has decided he wants to see another Austrian company do well and has said "do whatever it takes". Clearly Red Bull likes motorsports (ie they are title sponsor for a MEGA dollar F1 team)
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
10/1/2011 10:42am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2011 10:55am
500guy wrote:
2 yrs , 20 Million ? it's a big risk for Ryan to jump to KTM on an unproven bike, Maybe Red Bull ponied up too...
2 yrs , 20 Million ?

it's a big risk for Ryan to jump to KTM on an unproven bike, Maybe Red Bull ponied up too.

Any idea ? yep it's none of our business but all other Sports figures disclose Salaries why not Moto ?
20million or more maybe into their entire program overall pro race & development program here in the States per year. Wink

From my understanding and going back to when Ryan first signed with Suzuki....
"It was not about the money" were Michelle's exact words when I asked her some questions.
It was more about the over all program and working with Rodger.
Ryan had success working with Rodger....so I'm sure that is what would have influenced him
to go to KTM in the first place. Not necessarily the dollar amount....But I'm sure the dollar amount has to make sense for all involved. Rodger has led a lot of winning teams over the years and I'm sure he knows what direction their (KTM's) program needs to go in and what necessary steps need to be taken to go in that direction.
I just dont see them throwing around a bunch of money (8 figure millions range) to rider and hoping their equipment & program cuts it for him.

AC/Roczen/Herlings have all proven they can win on a KTM in the GP's....but when it comes to here (in the AMA SX & MX) that might be comparing apples to oranges when it comes to their big bikes (350 & 450).

With all taken into consideration. Smile
I'm gonna guess that directly (out of KTM's pocket) with KTM.....around 3million for 2 years with possible bonuses skying to about the 7million mark...maybe a little more (1million per championship plus race win bonuses).
10/1/2011 10:50am
all we do know is this.....

if Redbull says make it happen, and is KTM says, lets get serious...... You could easily see some 2004~2006 money being thrown Dungeys way.

It was said 5 mil a year, on a 2 year deal, with the 2nd year being Ryans option.

by the way, I loved MXR's post, made me go, yep! "2 DNF's , 1 DNS and two championship bonus checks on the wall with insufficient funds"
Elbows
Fantasy
1171st
10/1/2011 10:56am
MXR wrote:
Sad but true! Haha
Sondy132001
10/1/2011 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2011 12:41pm
500guy wrote:
2 yrs , 20 Million ? it's a big risk for Ryan to jump to KTM on an unproven bike, Maybe Red Bull ponied up too...
2 yrs , 20 Million ?

Serious ? Jay yer high. Not even close, come on let's be logical and resonable here, why do you have to take the far fetched route every time ?

S
Sondy132001
10/1/2011 12:43pm
all we do know is this..... if Redbull says make it happen, and is KTM says, lets get serious...... You could easily see some 2004~2006 money...
all we do know is this.....

if Redbull says make it happen, and is KTM says, lets get serious...... You could easily see some 2004~2006 money being thrown Dungeys way.

It was said 5 mil a year, on a 2 year deal, with the 2nd year being Ryans option.

by the way, I loved MXR's post, made me go, yep! "2 DNF's , 1 DNS and two championship bonus checks on the wall with insufficient funds"
Please post a link or send me to an article where it says 5 mil a year with KTM.

S
500guy
10/1/2011 1:25pm
500guy wrote:
2 yrs , 20 Million ?

Serious ? Jay yer high. Not even close, come on let's be logical and resonable here, why do you have to take the far fetched route...
Serious ? Jay yer high. Not even close, come on let's be logical and resonable here, why do you have to take the far fetched route every time ?

S
You know I just throw that out there so all the experts can get Butt Hurt and correct me ?

it's no secret that KTM has to pay 2-3 times what the others do here in the States. I would wager all things considered Dungey stand to earn 10 Mil in 2012

Post a reply to: How much you supose it took to get Dungey ?

The Latest