How many companies would do this?

redrider_714
Fantasy
2285th
Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 9:59pm
Short back story. I ordered some new number plates graphics for my bike from Throttle Jockey. Paid via PayPal, graphics arrived today and they looked awesome. Just got an email from PayPal stating that Throttle Jockey refunded me approx. $8.00 due to "shipping costing less!" Haven't heard of very many companies that would refund you money AFTER the transaction was completed just because it cost them less than originally quoted to ship an item. They may have just gained a customer for life.
Once again wasn't a large amount or anything it was more the honesty that meant something, at least to me it did. Seems like they would rather their customers be happy with their product than make money off if them.
|
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
7/3/2014 3:06pm
Nice to see a company treat it's customers fairly,good on them.
TX24
7/3/2014 3:10pm
Most peoples family wouldn't do that.
Lane-O103
7/3/2014 3:24pm
I could see a few companies doing some before the transaction but certainly not after. Cheers to Throttle Jockey, they get a +1 in my book now
newmann
7/3/2014 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 3:43pm
Throttle Jockey had Woody graphics on their website and obviously had the artwork in their computer as well yet they wouldn't hit print when I needed a set for my 02 CR250. They lost me there.

Literally sent me down the road where I found a nice person who hooked me up with some great one off custom graphics. Didn't charge me a few hundred bucks for artwork like TJ did to a friend of mine who needed custom graphics.

The Shop

Lane-O103
7/3/2014 3:49pm
newmann wrote:
Throttle Jockey had Woody graphics on their website and obviously had the artwork in their computer as well yet they wouldn't hit print when I needed...
Throttle Jockey had Woody graphics on their website and obviously had the artwork in their computer as well yet they wouldn't hit print when I needed a set for my 02 CR250. They lost me there.

Literally sent me down the road where I found a nice person who hooked me up with some great one off custom graphics. Didn't charge me a few hundred bucks for artwork like TJ did to a friend of mine who needed custom graphics.
Few hundred dollars for custom graphics, good lord dudeShocked
Stephon
7/3/2014 7:58pm
Costco did something similar for me. I can't remember what the product was, but they sent me a $10 gift card in the mail after they had negotiated a better price for the product.

I wish more companies would "get this", 8 bucks is a small price to pay to get someone to even consider being a customer for life...not to mention spreading the word on social media.

Thanks for spreading the good word!
early
Fantasy
2231st
7/3/2014 8:04pm
TX24 wrote:
Most peoples family wouldn't do that.
Definitely +1 on that!!!!!!!

Nice to hear a win story for both sides
DC
7/3/2014 8:12pm
Those are the Brothers Davis, from the mean streets of Kokomo... It's an inside joke. They are core moto guys and great people and this honestly doesn't surprise me, it's how they roll.

DC
MX Sports
Xeno
7/3/2014 8:19pm
I ordered 4 valve cotters from a vender, and they mistakenly sent me 4 packs of 10ea (40 pc).

I removed 4pc from one pack and sent the rest back.

About a month later, I ordered more of the same cotters. I received the open bag that I had previously returned, with my handwriting on the bag listing "6pc". I couldn't believe it! This is a high-volume vendor that ships tons of parts. What were the chances of that?
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
7/3/2014 9:03pm
newmann wrote:
Throttle Jockey had Woody graphics on their website and obviously had the artwork in their computer as well yet they wouldn't hit print when I needed...

Lane-O103 wrote:
Few hundred dollars for custom graphics, good lord dudeShocked
Lano is that sarcasm?

I know it's 2014 and everyone believes they are entitled to free stuff, but since when is paying for CUSTOM designs outrageous?
dean122
7/3/2014 9:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 9:54pm
Ordered some shroud graphics a month or so back and they did the same thing to me. Refund for $5 for overshipping cost. Good dudes running that place. That's how customer service should be.

As far as the Woody graphics, they are discontinued. Yes, they have them loaded on thier PCs, but it's something they no longer want to produce and keep exclusive. There are thousands of companies that have prior designs loaded on their PCs, but are discontinued and no longer available to the public. Just because they still have them on the hard drive doesn't mean you're entitled to them. Respect they want to keep that design off the market for their own reasons.
DD325
7/3/2014 9:59pm
I do a large amount of business with Throttle Jockey and they are wonderful to deal with and their digital quality is second to none. Everything I do is custom and their pricing is very reasonable.

Post a reply to: How many companies would do this?

The Latest