kkawboy14
1/29/2017 1:33pm
For MooseCan?
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
1/29/2017 1:54pm
I honestly think Kroc being hurt as badly as he was has effected the psyche of some racers. Only a few guys were doing that quad rhythm, and Dungey - Musquin - Ando weren't doing it consistently like Tomac and Reed were. They seemed skidish hucking the big stuff in the ruts that developed.

I can't blame them!

Disclaimer: That's my couch analysis and holds no actual value
kkawboy14
1/29/2017 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2017 2:01pm
That's my opinion also....from 10 seconds up to 40 seconds down is huge.

Milsaps is in shape, that last lap was rollin

TeamGreen
1/29/2017 2:06pm
He was .4 of a second off of top qualifier (6th right behind Ryan).

To me it looked like he was under the weather/ran outta juice
1/29/2017 2:07pm
The exact same way that it went in reverse for Chad and Eli this week.

Not rocket science IMO, next week I'm quite sure normal service will resume for MM.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/29/2017 2:08pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I honestly think Kroc being hurt as badly as he was has effected the psyche of some racers. Only a few guys were doing that quad...
I honestly think Kroc being hurt as badly as he was has effected the psyche of some racers. Only a few guys were doing that quad rhythm, and Dungey - Musquin - Ando weren't doing it consistently like Tomac and Reed were. They seemed skidish hucking the big stuff in the ruts that developed.

I can't blame them!

I don't know, he was battling really close with Webb and didn't really back down. DIdn't look like he was scared.
I don't have a better explanation though. Part of it might have been the whoops, he struggled in them. But he wasn't as fast on the rest of the track either
mx836
1/29/2017 2:08pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
That's my opinion also....from 10 seconds up to 40 seconds down is huge. Milsaps is in shape, that last lap was rollin [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/29/172339/s1200_IMG_2967.jpg[/img]
That's my opinion also....from 10 seconds up to 40 seconds down is huge.

Milsaps is in shape, that last lap was rollin

Milsaps saved my fantasy team this week with that fifth! He's looking good!
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
1/29/2017 2:17pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I honestly think Kroc being hurt as badly as he was has effected the psyche of some racers. Only a few guys were doing that quad...

I can't blame them!

crusty_xx wrote:
I don't know, he was battling really close with Webb and didn't really back down. DIdn't look like he was scared. I don't have a better...
I don't know, he was battling really close with Webb and didn't really back down. DIdn't look like he was scared.
I don't have a better explanation though. Part of it might have been the whoops, he struggled in them. But he wasn't as fast on the rest of the track either
The Baker boys were all over the map on their rhythms. I'm pretty sure Dungey hit that 3-3-3 after the start in every possible combination once in the main.
brimx153
1/29/2017 2:26pm
Big Whoops . any Track where he can not jump through the whoops he never does as well . First 3 tracks were perfect for him RUTY and soft
1/29/2017 2:52pm
He had a off night i guess but so did Ando. On a other note I think they might have a cold or something very strange for the both of them being off at teh same night/week it seemed as if they where not firing on all cilinders.
1/29/2017 2:55pm
MxKing809 wrote:

I can't blame them!

LOL the disclaimer cracked me up, maybe we all should start doing that so there are no more but hurt feelings anymore on Vital.

Disclaimer: Please don't hold this to an actual fact, I love but hurt people and Vitards XOXO gossip boy :D
mx836
1/29/2017 2:55pm
brimx153 wrote:
Big Whoops . any Track where he can not jump through the whoops he never does as well . First 3 tracks were perfect for him...
Big Whoops . any Track where he can not jump through the whoops he never does as well . First 3 tracks were perfect for him RUTY and soft
Totally agree.
1/29/2017 2:56pm
The track was excellent for racing but quite different from the usual cookie cutter crap that these guys are used to and pound the motos in during the week. Expect normal service to resume next race.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/29/2017 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2017 2:56pm
Well to be fair to Anderson he said he didn't ride all week and have you seen the guy's arm? Pretty brutal to ride with that thing.
wsc96
Fantasy
553rd
1/29/2017 3:01pm
Results were quite different than they were the first theee rounds for a lot of the guys. Tomac, Reed, Dungey, Anderson also…
mx836
1/29/2017 3:04pm
I wouldn't be so quick to say things will be "back to normal" next week. Seems as though some guys are finally settling into their situation this year.
machine
1/29/2017 4:29pm
MxKing809 wrote:

I can't blame them!

crusty_xx wrote:
I don't know, he was battling really close with Webb and didn't really back down. DIdn't look like he was scared. I don't have a better...
Yep...its a battle out there if you don't get a start, Coop passed him back.
hillbilly
1/29/2017 5:07pm
I watched live timing only,no video.

After the first couple laps the order was static pretty much, except for a couple guys ,reed being one,that had a segment time that was always faster than the rest.

Reed found something somewhere that worked well.
1/29/2017 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2017 5:30pm
MxKing809 wrote:

I can't blame them!

Interesting theory but I really don't think Musquin was effected by it, these guys are professional racers and are well aware of the risks involved. Not to mention Marvin dealt with his brother getting hurt really bad just over a year ago I think and that never seemed to slow him down, so I don't think Kenny's crash would but you never know..
jeffro503
1/29/2017 5:32pm
hillbilly wrote:
I watched live timing only,no video. After the first couple laps the order was static pretty much, except for a couple guys ,reed being one,that had...
I watched live timing only,no video.

After the first couple laps the order was static pretty much, except for a couple guys ,reed being one,that had a segment time that was always faster than the rest.

Reed found something somewhere that worked well.
You really need to watch it HB! Positions may not of changed to much , but damn it man , every single one of those guys were just going for it last night. Pushing pretty damn hard and there were some great battles. Coop and Marv were just one of many.
mxrider641
1/29/2017 5:33pm
Marvin can do amazing things on the bike, was hoping for more from him last night. Sitting near the end of the rhythm section before the big triple I watched him a couple of times land perfectly, and take the corner on the gas with feet on the pegs and then launch perfectly. Whatever is lacking, it's not talent.
rrjr
1/29/2017 7:10pm
It's all about the start. To many fast guys to pass if you have to battle your way through the pack after a bad start.

Musquin and Webb killed my fantasy picks along with Tomac who after burning me 3 weeks in a row I didn't pick him in my top 5 this week.
TXDirt
1/29/2017 7:12pm
It's racing. These guys will log hundreds of motos. Thousands of laps. Some nights you just aren't feeling it. It happens. It's just like having a great qualifier but a shitty main. Or going through the LCQ and getting a shitty gate pick but pulling a great start and having a good main.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
1/30/2017 12:06am
I just think is going to become part of the norm for the remainder of the season, well I hope so.

Not that Marvin was that far back, but just week in week out different guys will be batteling up front, leaving differnt guys further back.

Its not like there was anyone slow in front of Marvin. Baggett has been on the edge of race like this weekend all season, Millsaps has been fast at the first three and is getting fitter, Brayton found a set up that works.

It will be interesting to see how this weekend shakes out!

SX got interesting real interesting.
Katoomey
1/30/2017 12:30am
everyone has made really good points in this thread (noting this date in time), maybe it's just a bit of everything or a few things.

I think there's a lot of pressure on Marvin. Redbull KTM doesn't really hire guys to race around midpack, I think they' re the premier team right now in this sport, worldwide, and I think all of their riders are at least expected to be podium contenders. Unlike other teams, even factory teams, who hire a second or third rider, knowing they may only be good for top 5 or lower.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/30/2017 12:44am
MxKing809 wrote:

I can't blame them!

Kroc getting hurt just made them think they are all still in it. If it affected their psyche like you said then they had no chance anyway. Injuries are so common if they were bothered by it they would have never made it to this level.
Katoomey
1/30/2017 12:48am
lostboy819 wrote:
Kroc getting hurt just made them think they are all still in it. If it affected their psyche like you said then they had no chance...
Kroc getting hurt just made them think they are all still in it. If it affected their psyche like you said then they had no chance anyway. Injuries are so common if they were bothered by it they would have never made it to this level.
you'd think so. I mean, hell, Dungey broke his neck last year. If that didn't deter him, I can't imagine KR's busted up arm is going to.

Post a reply to: How did the wheels come off so bad

The Latest