How did reedy look in practice?

logan_140
I've been watching college football all day lol..
|
kiwifan
10/15/2016 5:54pm
He looked good, just that others looked/were faster...I still think hes a chance for a couple of podiums
kiwifan
10/16/2016 12:36pm
kiwifan wrote:
He looked good, just that others looked/were faster...I still think hes a chance for a couple of podiums
And I was wrong...

The Shop

kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
10/16/2016 1:43pm
He went down real hard in free practice, hard to say if that effected him at all.
10/16/2016 1:49pm
He seems like he doesn't have the best throttle control.. Loses a lot of time to wheel spin vs. getting traction and momentum. That's the only real take away I got from watching him ride last night vs. the riders ahead of him.

Otherwise it's all there, his technique is still as good as ever, just needs to get that power to the ground and get that rear wheel to settle on the ground more than being so active in chatter..
kiwifan
10/16/2016 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2016 2:40pm
He seems like he doesn't have the best throttle control.. Loses a lot of time to wheel spin vs. getting traction and momentum. That's the only...
He seems like he doesn't have the best throttle control.. Loses a lot of time to wheel spin vs. getting traction and momentum. That's the only real take away I got from watching him ride last night vs. the riders ahead of him.

Otherwise it's all there, his technique is still as good as ever, just needs to get that power to the ground and get that rear wheel to settle on the ground more than being so active in chatter..
Agreed, it skated a lot sideways i.e. didnt hook up very well so therefore he had to modulate the throttle more so that what Eli, Ryan and Kenny looked to be doing ...not bagging Reed at all, the bike just looked like it had the less traction of them all
Zycki11
10/16/2016 2:36pm
You will see a massive leap forward with the Yamaha this year. Chad knows how to fix bikes properly and this will help Coop a Loop immensely.
kiwifan
10/16/2016 2:39pm
Zycki11 wrote:
You will see a massive leap forward with the Yamaha this year. Chad knows how to fix bikes properly and this will help Coop a Loop...
You will see a massive leap forward with the Yamaha this year. Chad knows how to fix bikes properly and this will help Coop a Loop immensely.
Yep no doubt!
10/16/2016 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2016 2:44pm
It might be the power. or the suspension setup, seemed to happen the most coming out of turns, would break traction and he'd lose little bits of time there.. I'm sure they're aware of it though.

I couldn't believe how good kennys bike looked traction wise, even the suspension working to keep the rear planted seemed better than the other bikes. I was wondering what type of ignition based tc honda is using honestly. It was that good. Go back and watch you'll see what I mean, each revolution without grip is time lost!
kiwifan
10/16/2016 4:34pm
It might be the power. or the suspension setup, seemed to happen the most coming out of turns, would break traction and he'd lose little bits...
It might be the power. or the suspension setup, seemed to happen the most coming out of turns, would break traction and he'd lose little bits of time there.. I'm sure they're aware of it though.

I couldn't believe how good kennys bike looked traction wise, even the suspension working to keep the rear planted seemed better than the other bikes. I was wondering what type of ignition based tc honda is using honestly. It was that good. Go back and watch you'll see what I mean, each revolution without grip is time lost!
oh yeah they should be able to address it unless its a chassis issue

Well they do harp on the 2017 model for its putting the power to the ground, so maybe (just maybe) they are right, but hey its a factory bike it SHOULD be better anyway Smile
MX558
10/16/2016 5:22pm
Maybe electronics was effed up ?
Crush
10/16/2016 5:25pm
He's always been someone who lights up the rear but to me the biggest problem since going back to blue is he is stalling mid corner again. Looks like no front end feel.

Watching him on the Honda and Zook was like he was back on a two stroke... Kawi wasn't too bad, but SD in 14 before his crash he was getting eaten alive in the big flat turns...

Now. My gawd, he's always 3 feet wider than everyone else, looking for something to turn off. Kenny and RD are literally on the bottom of the turn and probably going faster anyways.

Wish he'd taken the Red deal!
Crush
10/16/2016 5:26pm
Also interesting, DV was saying all last year he thought Chad's bike was setup too aggressive. Lots of wheelspin and explosions... so might have been harder to ride than needed.
Crush
10/16/2016 5:28pm
It might be the power. or the suspension setup, seemed to happen the most coming out of turns, would break traction and he'd lose little bits...

Kenny's bike reminded me of a BMW M3... No pitch and roll at all in the turns, it was so damn level everywhere, crazy. Under brakes it hardly seemed to dive, in the turns it never got away from him.

I might be eating my words, wasn't sure Honda was gonna get it right straight away, thought it might have been a repeat of 09 and 13.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
10/16/2016 6:22pm
Crush wrote:
He's always been someone who lights up the rear but to me the biggest problem since going back to blue is he is stalling mid corner...
He's always been someone who lights up the rear but to me the biggest problem since going back to blue is he is stalling mid corner again. Looks like no front end feel.

Watching him on the Honda and Zook was like he was back on a two stroke... Kawi wasn't too bad, but SD in 14 before his crash he was getting eaten alive in the big flat turns...

Now. My gawd, he's always 3 feet wider than everyone else, looking for something to turn off. Kenny and RD are literally on the bottom of the turn and probably going faster anyways.

Wish he'd taken the Red deal!
Agreed, 100%. I haven't seen him look decent in the corners since he got on that bike. It's a shame, everywhere else he looks fantastic, but the corners are a huge part of racing...

Post a reply to: How did reedy look in practice?

The Latest