How did Vicki Golden do at dallas?

Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 7:56pm
Never saw anything about it
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/20/2015 4:43pm
Because there was nothing to tell, she didn't make the night show, not even close.
2/20/2015 4:44pm
^^^as figured.
don't get me wrong.. she will smoke me with her hands tied behind her back but I didn't feel like she even hand a remote chane at making it. I watched her a bit in practice and it was clear that she was nowhere near as fast as needed to make the program.
mark_swart
2/20/2015 4:46pm
Her qualifying times were about 10 sec/lap off of Musquin's.

The Shop

Flex
2/20/2015 4:59pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Because there was nothing to tell, she didn't make the night show, not even close.
Not only was she not close, but for some reason she also felt the need to roll around for about 9 minutes then put in 1 heater each session...

If she rides like she did at dallas at every round she had no chance. Maybe know she knows where she needs to improve and will pick up on the whoops but who knows only time will tell.
machine
2/20/2015 5:01pm
Your not allowed to say how she did around here...just sweep it under the rug.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/20/2015 5:20pm
machine wrote:
Your not allowed to say how she did around here...just sweep it under the rug.
Apparently several people above you did. But go ahead with that theory.
Randy Savage
2/20/2015 5:22pm
I can genuinely, honestly say I hope she doesn't get put into a position where she feels the need to ride over her head and piledrive herself into the ground. that's all i have to say about the whole situation.
slipdog
2/20/2015 5:22pm
disbanded wrote:
She won
I know it is confusing, but that was actually a French guy that won.

(Just kidding my fellow French V'tards and Moose can fans alike)
Skippie
2/20/2015 5:25pm
She was 10 seconds a lap of Musquin, 3 almost 4 seconds off the last guy who made it to the night show. In her words she was close to making it. 56 people entered and she qualified 54th so I guess that's somewhat close?
2/20/2015 5:31pm
There is a 13 pager in the dumbgeon with all the juicy details. Make sure you read EVERY single post so you don't miss a thing.Laughing
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/20/2015 6:15pm
I can genuinely, honestly say I hope she doesn't get put into a position where she feels the need to ride over her head and piledrive...
I can genuinely, honestly say I hope she doesn't get put into a position where she feels the need to ride over her head and piledrive herself into the ground. that's all i have to say about the whole situation.
Or take a real rider out in the process.Sad
zehn
2/20/2015 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2015 6:47pm
Even if she didn't qualify, she went faster than I ever could
Flex
2/20/2015 6:29pm
I can genuinely, honestly say I hope she doesn't get put into a position where she feels the need to ride over her head and piledrive...
lostboy819 wrote:
Like Damon Smith and Austin Howell. Hope that never happens again.
Old-Man
2/20/2015 6:35pm
Flex wrote:
Not only was she not close, but for some reason she also felt the need to roll around for about 9 minutes then put in 1...
Not only was she not close, but for some reason she also felt the need to roll around for about 9 minutes then put in 1 heater each session...

If she rides like she did at dallas at every round she had no chance. Maybe know she knows where she needs to improve and will pick up on the whoops but who knows only time will tell.
You

VG
Hut
2/20/2015 6:36pm
disbanded wrote:
She won
slipdog wrote:
I know it is confusing, but that was actually a French guy that won.

(Just kidding my fellow French V'tards and Moose can fans alike)
Laughing
Old-Man
2/20/2015 7:15pm
Just read this off the VG thread that got dumped ...

Jeff alessi wrote: I feel like if I was her this whole week I would practice whoops. I think she was easily losing 3 seconds a lap in the whoops, she was good everywhere else n I acyially thought she had the speed to make night show. But her whoops are not even close, she's going through them probably over a second slower then the next slowest guy in them but then hucks all the jumps n hits her corners good. I see there being a chance if she fixes that.

Premix~Jeff you should use a laser pointer to show her the best line through the whoops.

Sorry but thats friggin Laugh out Loud dealyO there
Thelen20
2/20/2015 7:16pm
Flex wrote:
Not only was she not close, but for some reason she also felt the need to roll around for about 9 minutes then put in 1...

This, she turned exactly 3 laps that were within 10 sec of the fastest time. The rest of the laps were much much slower than that. When she was on it those 3 laps she belonged out there, not so much the rest of the time. I hope somebody conveyed that to her and she stays on it a bit more this week
ktm300hater
2/20/2015 8:56pm
Stefy Bau looked better 15 years ago when she tried to make the field. Oh wait, that wasn't monster energy SX so it doesn't count
oshow
2/20/2015 10:19pm
I respect the hell out of her.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
2/20/2015 10:23pm
Considering it was her 1st attempt at SX she did pretty good. Came within 3 secs of making the night program and her last hot lap was cut short due to a caution flag. Once she dials n the whoops we will get to see her in the night program.

BTW.....99% of these people criticizing her abilities would not even make it around the track
enketchum
2/20/2015 10:26pm
Stefy Bau looked better 15 years ago when she tried to make the field. Oh wait, that wasn't monster energy SX so it doesn't count
Will Vicky be racing, 'that summer series'?
jeffro503
2/20/2015 10:28pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Flex wrote:
Like Damon Smith and Austin Howell. Hope that never happens again.
Dude....please get your facts strait before you post something like that. Damon Smith was a chump Junior that beat the system to get in.....and had no place on an SX or national MX rack with pro's. Having prdie is one thing.....but when you endanger all the other riders you are racing against because you suck......you have no business there.

Austin Howell.......this guy has qualified for many SX and nationals! So good in fact that he got a 12th O/A at Pala in 2010. Tons of top 20 rides.......and you want to compare him to Damon Smith?
mxb2
2/20/2015 10:40pm
KennyT wrote:
Considering it was her 1st attempt at SX she did pretty good. Came within 3 secs of making the night program and her last hot lap...
Considering it was her 1st attempt at SX she did pretty good. Came within 3 secs of making the night program and her last hot lap was cut short due to a caution flag. Once she dials n the whoops we will get to see her in the night program.

BTW.....99% of these people criticizing her abilities would not even make it around the track
Classic, predictable comeback, of course she is faster than the vital members, but who on here is getting her exposure and trying to qualify for a sx , lame example,. I bet 99% of vital can do their jobs better than her.
h&m_cycle
2/20/2015 10:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2015 10:43pm
enketchum wrote:
Will Vicky be racing, 'that summer series'?
don't see how, she has a supercross license not a pro license as strange as that sounds. I imagine if she would make a main
top 22 she could I guess. other than that, think she's doing the x- games stuff after supercross.

she declared her self an A class rider so she could race the motocross proam's get her 75 points in one year
or qualify for loretta & get a good finish in the pro sport or A class, not easily done. up hill battle, Good luck Vicki.
2/20/2015 10:48pm
Old-Man wrote:
Just read this off the VG thread that got dumped ... [b]Jeff alessi[/b] wrote: I feel like if I was her this whole week I would...
Just read this off the VG thread that got dumped ...

Jeff alessi wrote: I feel like if I was her this whole week I would practice whoops. I think she was easily losing 3 seconds a lap in the whoops, she was good everywhere else n I acyially thought she had the speed to make night show. But her whoops are not even close, she's going through them probably over a second slower then the next slowest guy in them but then hucks all the jumps n hits her corners good. I see there being a chance if she fixes that.

Premix~Jeff you should use a laser pointer to show her the best line through the whoops.

Sorry but thats friggin Laugh out Loud dealyO there
Laughing
2/21/2015 1:08am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 1:11am
I thought that it was great seeing a women try to qualify for the night show, and it would've been a real milestone for the sport if she had managed to do it. Perhaps in the future. Truth is that riding a dirt bike is of course harder for women because they generally don't have the upper body strength of blokes, so to get to the point she's currently at (ability wise) has obviously taken a lot. On that basis I think that it was news worthy and that it's a good thing for the sport. It has to easier to promote the sport to the wider mainstream media with a story like this, and is ultimately much more encouraging for a wider demographic who'd otherwise look on it as a male thing only.
2/21/2015 2:46am
jeffro503 wrote:
Dude....please get your facts strait before you post something like that.[b] Damon Smith [/b]was a chump Junior that beat the system to get in.....and had no...
Dude....please get your facts strait before you post something like that. Damon Smith was a chump Junior that beat the system to get in.....and had no place on an SX or national MX rack with pro's. Having prdie is one thing.....but when you endanger all the other riders you are racing against because you suck......you have no business there.

Austin Howell.......this guy has qualified for many SX and nationals! So good in fact that he got a 12th O/A at Pala in 2010. Tons of top 20 rides.......and you want to compare him to Damon Smith?
I think he meant Damon Smith is the reason Austin Howell was injured (2011 I believe). I saw that some were saying that VG got in the way of Tracy Morgan over a triple in Dallas and caused him to come up short and break his femur. Not sure maybe someone can correct me If thats not the story.
2/21/2015 2:58am
It wont b long until a female makes it. Its natural evolution, look back 20/30 years and it was a male dominant world. Now its very different.
just a matter of time, hell fast forward a thousand years and men will be obcilete. They'd love that
MXD
2/21/2015 4:44am
It wont b long until a female makes it. Its natural evolution, look back 20/30 years and it was a male dominant world. Now its very...
It wont b long until a female makes it. Its natural evolution, look back 20/30 years and it was a male dominant world. Now its very different.
just a matter of time, hell fast forward a thousand years and men will be obcilete. They'd love that
A thousand years? Hell, I'm already obsolete. Just ask my wife.

Post a reply to: How did Vicki Golden do at dallas?

The Latest