How come...

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:37pm
How come nobody has mentioned Rattray's riding style and form? He does not ride on the balls of his feet and sure as he is fast , he is fast but pure muscling the bike around, no finesse! There was a thread on here about Ryno's analysis of Stewart's riding, why is it they pick on what James does or doesn't do and not others? Look at the video on Race X of Tyla riding or any of his riding videos for that matter, just saying....

Link: http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/08/11/racer-x-films-tyla-rattray
|
mxb2
8/12/2011 3:15pm
Tylas not a drama queen! Keeps his mouth shut, probably why he does nt get alot of press , good or bad!
DoctorJD
8/12/2011 3:17pm
Reminds me of Jeff Stanton.
paul937
Fantasy
359th
8/12/2011 3:17pm
His problem is that he doesn't unlock his hips.........just sayin Cool
Maybe he lost the key?

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/12/2011 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2011 3:19pm
mxb2 wrote:
Tylas not a drama queen! Keeps his mouth shut, probably why he does nt get alot of press , good or bad!
Yep...
Tyla is also a very humble like-able guy ,just as Greg & Grant were.
drummer dude
8/12/2011 3:51pm
Tyla is a f-ing iron man. his riding style maybe different than others,but,he gets the job done. like mxb2 said,he's not a drama queen. doctor dj says he rides like stanton. i agree. he rides the way which is comfotable for him. why be like everybody else? also,he gives a great interview. i think if dungey decides to ride that pumpkin,tyla would be a perfect fit on the suzuki team,and he'll kick alot of ass..!!!!!!
paul937
Fantasy
359th
8/12/2011 3:54pm
For the record, and for those who didn't get my sense of humor; I agree, Tyla is a stud! No doubt.

Paul
Titan1
8/12/2011 3:57pm
How come nobody has mentioned Rattray's riding style and form? He does not ride on the balls of his feet and sure as he is fast...
How come nobody has mentioned Rattray's riding style and form? He does not ride on the balls of his feet and sure as he is fast , he is fast but pure muscling the bike around, no finesse! There was a thread on here about Ryno's analysis of Stewart's riding, why is it they pick on what James does or doesn't do and not others? Look at the video on Race X of Tyla riding or any of his riding videos for that matter, just saying....

I don't ride on the balls of my feet, because back in the '90's sometime I think motocross action did a piece with riding tips from pro riders...and one of the riders (maybe Larocco, or Emig) said NOT to ride on the balls of your feet. So i stopped doing it. Now it's a habit, and riding on the balls of my feet feels wierd.

Interestingly enough, I also remember in that same article, another pro said TO ride on the balls of your feet. But I liked the other rider better, and stopped doing it. Smile
jeffro503
8/12/2011 4:54pm
Sometimes just being Humble and an all around cool guy can get you the right press.....Like Tyla. Unlike James ( one of the reasons why I can't stand the dude...among many ).......whom also needs to take some "humble classes" from his little bro Malcolm....who seems to be cool as hell.

Tyla doesn't have a really silky smooth riding style for sure , but his riding style fits him and he makes it work. He also seems to keep himself in check as well and very rarely ever hits the ground. I dig the guy.... a lot!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
8/12/2011 5:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Sometimes just being Humble and an all around cool guy can get you the right press.....Like Tyla. Unlike James ( one of the reasons why I...
Sometimes just being Humble and an all around cool guy can get you the right press.....Like Tyla. Unlike James ( one of the reasons why I can't stand the dude...among many ).......whom also needs to take some "humble classes" from his little bro Malcolm....who seems to be cool as hell.

Tyla doesn't have a really silky smooth riding style for sure , but his riding style fits him and he makes it work. He also seems to keep himself in check as well and very rarely ever hits the ground. I dig the guy.... a lot!
You seem to be filled with a lot of hate dude, it isn't healthy. The amount oh hate you spew towards James is sad.
I can tell you everyone down here in Florida that I have spoke to that knows James and his family disagrees with your endless bashing. And to save you the trouble of listing all your reasons again, don't bother I have seen you type them dozens of times.
8/12/2011 8:48pm
Humble or not, if one gives a " professional" evaluation, it shouldn't be based on personal reasons( and not stating that is what Ryno did). All I'm saying is pick others apart as well....and yes i mentioned Rattray's style works for him( he is fast), but based on what Ryno said, Rattray could go faster easier if he applied Ryno's advise to what he gave on Stewart's riding, no? Hate or like Jame's personality, he has better form than most of the AMA crew.
jeffro503
8/12/2011 10:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Sometimes just being Humble and an all around cool guy can get you the right press.....Like Tyla. Unlike James ( one of the reasons why I...

gsxrcr28 wrote:
You seem to be filled with a lot of hate dude, it isn't healthy. The amount oh hate you spew towards James is sad. I can...
You seem to be filled with a lot of hate dude, it isn't healthy. The amount oh hate you spew towards James is sad.
I can tell you everyone down here in Florida that I have spoke to that knows James and his family disagrees with your endless bashing. And to save you the trouble of listing all your reasons again, don't bother I have seen you type them dozens of times.
No hate involved here. The guy has all the speed and talent to win just about any where. I think he lacks the heart to do the out doors any more is what I am saying. It's been brought up many times that he favored indoors only.....which is fine to I guess , but he always made it sound like he had no choice. The main beef I have against him is his lack of respect he shows other riders. Either it be on the track or off the track. He takes out more guys in a single season then most do in an entire career. And when he gets beat.....he says there was something wrong with him and he wasn't riding 100%.....not giving any other riders the respect that they deserve and admit they just plain beat him that day / night. I don't hate James at all , in fact I don't hate anyone. I just think he can be an egotistical asshat sometimes and likes to bring a bunch of drama in the sport when it isn't needed. And BTW......not once , in any post I have ever made have I said he lacks skill , talent or just pure awesomeness on a bike. It's his racing educate on the track and lack of respect for the other riders.......that has always been my main beef with him. Weather he races out doors or not , I couldn't care less honestly.

That's just my $.02 and I'll guarantee many others think the same way I do.
Mod Killer
8/12/2011 10:54pm
How come....you couldnt have put the subject of this lame thread in the thread title?
8/12/2011 11:07pm
Because then you, and I, probably wouldn't have clicked on it.
nytsmaC
8/12/2011 11:50pm
Mod Killer wrote:
How come....you couldnt have put the subject of this lame thread in the thread title?
What he said. I hope you get clipped for this fuckface!
bvm111
8/13/2011 12:31am
YEAH... what he said!
希望
8/13/2011 12:43am
Mod Killer wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
What he said. I hope you get clipped for this fuckface!
why can't people properly title these threads?
8/13/2011 1:54am
How come nobody has mentioned Rattray's riding style and form? He does not ride on the balls of his feet and sure as he is fast...

Titan1 wrote:
I don't ride on the balls of my feet, because back in the '90's sometime I think motocross action did a piece with riding tips from...
I don't ride on the balls of my feet, because back in the '90's sometime I think motocross action did a piece with riding tips from pro riders...and one of the riders (maybe Larocco, or Emig) said NOT to ride on the balls of your feet. So i stopped doing it. Now it's a habit, and riding on the balls of my feet feels wierd.

Interestingly enough, I also remember in that same article, another pro said TO ride on the balls of your feet. But I liked the other rider better, and stopped doing it. Smile
I would like to ride on the balls of my feet but Iv'e been doing it the other way (heels) for so long now that I'm not sure it's worth the effort. There's almost no whoops in England, so I don't need it there either.

After carefully watching last weeks GP, Tommy Searle doesn't appear to ride on his toes either, yet Herlings and Roczen do, so idk. I think Emig has recommended you should on a couple of occasions and that the general consensus on correct technique agrees with switching between both. But everyone has their own way.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
8/13/2011 2:36am
LOL what should have the title of this thread been ?

Maybe some suggestions ill start!

Title should have been

I was to start a thread about James but not sound like im a huge james fan so will start a thread about Tyla and his lack of style and throw in something about James during the post so the haters can swoop in and and we have another James haters V james lovers thread that last 10 pages.

Im guessing he could not fit all that in the title so shortened it to HOW COME?

Home come so many including myself have been sucked into posting in this thread, guess most are like me and board shitless at the moment lol.
Mr. G
8/13/2011 3:20am
jeffro503 wrote:

What is so great about being humble? Hannah was not the least bit humble. Still isn't, and I have talked to him, nice guy but no way in hell humble.
Old Mate
8/13/2011 3:33am
Toes down, heels down,balls and arches,all have there time,lol.
jeffro503
8/13/2011 8:01am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2011 8:02am
jeffro503 wrote:

Mr. G wrote:
What is so great about being humble? Hannah was not the least bit humble. Still isn't, and I have talked to him, nice guy but no...
What is so great about being humble? Hannah was not the least bit humble. Still isn't, and I have talked to him, nice guy but no way in hell humble.
Believe me....Hannah wasn't my all time favorite rider either. Liked to watch the guy ride , but couldn't stand listening to him. Look at RJ......he was pretty out spoken on the mic to , but he did it in a cool way that made you want to cheer for him. With Stewart.....when he doesn't do well , 90% of the time , it's an excuse , bitching , moaning , not giving any credit to other riders and a bunch of drama bullshit. "Away" from the track / drama.....he sounds like a really cool kid. He thinks he's the greatest rider that has ever lived and will ever live.....and he isn't afraid to say it.
Mr. G
8/14/2011 4:56pm
That is what I like about him (Stewart), although his claim as time goes on becomes less and less true. He still will do things on the track before anyone else or maybe nobody else but the lack of finishes hurts his credibility with most. I would like to see some podium speeches that are more candid and less PC and canned. Maybe their sponsors make them talk in that way or maybe they really are that way as a trend.
WhKnuckle
8/14/2011 5:05pm
Personally, when I ride I'm pretty happy with my feet anywhere as long as they're closer to the ground than my head. But that's just me.
tiddlermx23
8/14/2011 5:08pm
All I know is I wear size 11 boots so I gotta tuck them babies as far away from the shifter as I can, too many bad experiences on my underpowered rm 125 back in the day hitting neutral before I left the face of a jump! lol
SCYRacing
8/14/2011 5:13pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Personally, when I ride I'm pretty happy with my feet anywhere as long as they're closer to the ground than my head. But that's just me.
HAR! X2!
Mr. G
8/18/2011 3:04am
WhKnuckle wrote:
That's funny right there.

Post a reply to: How come...

The Latest