How an MX game should be...

tobz
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:47am
This new WRC game is aimed at the purists, it gives the flashy x-games type games the flick and brings it back to its roots, starting off as a junior, then working your way up to being employed by the big boys.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wrc-hands-on

To give you some sense of progression through this exhaustive database of corners to slide round, the game's 55-event single-player mode will lead you through the career of a rally driver, beginning as a "newbie" starting your own team in the Junior championship. You'll then take your driver and team up through the Production and Super-2000 classes, moving from local to national, regional and continental cups.

All the while you will be earning credits and experience, and attracting more attention from the official WRC teams. But it's not until you reach the WRC itself that you get to join one of these teams and sit alongside the likes of Sebastian Loeb, Kimi Raikkonen, Ken Block and Petter Solberg. (There will, of course, be a quick play mode that allows you to try their cars right off the bat.)

...a super real game to represent it's sport....oh how we can dream.
|
jemcee
8/25/2010 9:06pm
that game looks unreal.. I'm looking forward to getting it or is it out already?

It would be so good for us to live out our mx career dreams in the way we always thought they would play out. not the broken way they actually did haha. I also think they shouldn't worry so much about making it hard to play like with the two toggles, maybe just back to the x button and one toggle (I'm prob just saying that cause i've got limited hand strength and control and can't play reflex or whatever the new one is called haha) but make the racing hard, hard to come through the pack and pass guys and hard tracks, anyone played World of Outlaws the speedway sprintcar game? along those lines I don't even really like speedway but I've been playing that game for years..

also i was thinking about this the other day have it so you get sponsorship and then you get the good parts and get money and as you get better you get better places to practice during the week like "james decotis says you can ride at his house this week, accept?" then when you get really good you get on the factory team and you get to ride at the factory track (no offence to decotis i'm sure his track is good if he has one)
but i'm not gonna pretend like i know how hard it is to make a mx game though I can't imagine how hard it is to get everything that mx is involved in a game.... but i hope they do
Shawn142
8/25/2010 9:40pm
You guys do realize this same company (Milestone) has the rights to the FIM MX World GPs and are currently making the game right?

http://www.motocrossmx1.com/?type=News&newsID=1789

A quick blurb about the making a visit to the GP paddock to gather info for the game. It probably won't match their WRC title for realism but there's no reason to think they'll make a bad game. Of course we might have to import it to the US like their SBK series.
jemcee
8/25/2010 10:00pm
oh cool like you say it might not be as good but another mx game can't be a bad thing. does this mean the Game room section of vital will start having euro versus ama arguments?
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
8/26/2010 3:52am
Think the controls and tracks of Reflex are right on the spot (though there could be twice as many SX tracks) but the actual game is one of the easiest games i have ever played in terms of beating the AI and putting together fast bikes.

Think i had won every MX and SX race on all time with in a week of getting it, if it was not for the Online play it would be a very boring game to play. Then again the Online play is so hit and miss.

Lets hope the Euros put a complete game together for MX, although im guessing it will be all MX with no SX

Post a reply to: How an MX game should be...

The Latest