How about JGR?

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 7/4/2014 5:18pm
I think it is excellent they're doing the motors and suspensions for several teams now. Can't wait until next year when Barcia is on board.....those guys have been paying their dues for awhile now.
|
S.Loyer
7/2/2014 4:09am
Im very impressed with the presence they have with a majority of the Yamaha teams.
Very impressed with Grant this year as well, lots of great rides they have put in together.
IWreckALot
7/2/2014 5:04am
Yamaha in general is definitely doing something right. JGR seems like they're definitely ready to host a championship rider. I don't think Barcia is the rider to get it done but I think next season they'll end up with someone.

Does anyone know if they're active in the amateur scene much?
JonnyDH84
7/2/2014 5:29am
good to see them getting some results they put so much money and effort into that team I think it says something about the owners that they have stuck at it as long as they have done when the results have not been there.
ChrisB10
7/2/2014 5:34am
I think it sucks they're not bringing Filthy Phil to Red Bud though after how well he's ridden. That really sucks

The Shop

Crush
7/2/2014 6:16am
Has anyone seen any published oto tests on their engine work? Seems each bike with a JGR sticker on it is fast!
MotoX85
7/2/2014 6:43am
IWreckALot wrote:
Yamaha in general is definitely doing something right. JGR seems like they're definitely ready to host a championship rider. I don't think Barcia is the rider...
Yamaha in general is definitely doing something right. JGR seems like they're definitely ready to host a championship rider. I don't think Barcia is the rider to get it done but I think next season they'll end up with someone.

Does anyone know if they're active in the amateur scene much?
Yes very!, local rider here riders for them, Jayce Pennington. Not sure if they still are but they were also helping Chase Bell.
The Rock
7/2/2014 1:26pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
I think it sucks they're not bringing Filthy Phil to Red Bud though after how well he's ridden. That really sucks
I understand your feelings but Phil was a "Phil In" rider going into this deal. It costs way more than any of us imagine to include an extra rider given the level of support these machines require.
P
7/2/2014 2:02pm
The Rock wrote:
I think it is excellent they're doing the motors and suspensions for several teams now. Can't wait until next year when Barcia is on board.....those guys...
I think it is excellent they're doing the motors and suspensions for several teams now. Can't wait until next year when Barcia is on board.....those guys have been paying their dues for awhile now.
Which teams?

P
Rockstar
7/2/2014 3:16pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
I understand your feelings but Phil was a "Phil In" rider going into this deal. It costs way more than any of us imagine to include...
I understand your feelings but Phil was a "Phil In" rider going into this deal. It costs way more than any of us imagine to include an extra rider given the level of support these machines require.
I heard a "rough" number at Muddy Creek of around $10,000 per race. Not sure if that includes airfare, hotel, mechanic, etc. or just the bike/equipment.
brimx153
7/2/2014 4:13pm
if they want a 450 champ , they ll need someone diff than barica , he ll have some great rides , but can t see him every winning a championship in the 450s , jmo
kiwifan
7/2/2014 4:42pm
Yes we all look forward to hearing Barica on the rev limiter on the Yamaha every damn second....got to give kudos to the Honda managing to not puke its guts over the last few years...
davistld01
7/2/2014 4:55pm
All the talk is about DM18 going green for '15...and I hope that's so, but I could definitely see him winning on the new Yamaha on the Gibbs team again. He didn't leave on bad terms, did he? I see Millsaps as a much more probable championship contender than Barcia.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
7/2/2014 5:15pm
Barcia may not win a championship, but he does bring a good chance of winning sx races which in turn they can use that to attract potential sponsors.
plowboy
7/2/2014 5:27pm
brimx153 wrote:
if they want a 450 champ , they ll need someone diff than barica , he ll have some great rides , but can t see...
if they want a 450 champ , they ll need someone diff than barica , he ll have some great rides , but can t see him every winning a championship in the 450s , jmo
Maybe he's just an Aldon Baker away from being on top? Woohoo
mxtech1
7/2/2014 6:53pm
The Rock wrote:
I think it is excellent they're doing the motors and suspensions for several teams now. Can't wait until next year when Barcia is on board.....those guys...
We need more teams like JGR in MX. They have the technology, engineering, and in-house capabilities to literally do whatever they want with the bikes.

Do any you think JGR will take a run at AMA road racing or MotoGP?

Financially i'm not sure it makes sense, but I bet they could build a hell of high HP sport bike motor and engineer the frame/suspension to be as good as anything else currently on the track.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
7/2/2014 7:09pm
The Rock wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
We need more teams like JGR in MX. They have the technology, engineering, and in-house capabilities to literally do whatever they want with the bikes. Do...
We need more teams like JGR in MX. They have the technology, engineering, and in-house capabilities to literally do whatever they want with the bikes.

Financially i'm not sure it makes sense, but I bet they could build a hell of high HP sport bike motor and engineer the frame/suspension to be as good as anything else currently on the track.
I could certainly see them getting into roadracing. Daytona Motor Group runs (ruined?) roadracing in the US, along with doing a spectacular job in Nascar. With that connection, it makes sense.

However, with the horrible condition roadracing is in here in the US, I can't see anyone wanting to join up.
The Rock
7/4/2014 1:57am
The Rock wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
We need more teams like JGR in MX. They have the technology, engineering, and in-house capabilities to literally do whatever they want with the bikes. Do...

I agree Jeremy we need more teams like JGR. I also think it is interesting someone can buy a JGR motor/suspension services and compete with the Geico and PC bikes at the National level.

Not sure who their suspension guru is but I know their motor guy Dean Baker is a wizard....and a heck of a good rider too. He took Fonseca's YoT YZ250F to a Vet Intermediate win at the GH Vet World if memory serves correct.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/4/2014 9:07am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2014 9:07am
Does anyone know if they do ktm stuff?
Here's the phone number for their motor shop: 1-877-905-4769

You can also check them out here. There's also a contact email for motor related inquires and another separate page for suspension services.
ChrisB10
7/4/2014 10:12am
ChrisB10 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
I understand your feelings but Phil was a "Phil In" rider going into this deal. It costs way more than any of us imagine to include...
I'm aware of how expensive it is. They we're never really clear on what was Phil's status was. Was he a fill-in? a test rider? a third rider? You say he was a fill-on but every time I heard Coy and Jeremy Albrecht speak about it we never got a clear answer which led me and others to believe it was going to be performance evaluated.
ChrisB10
7/4/2014 10:13am
I really like JGR. They are my favorite team actually just bummed for Filthy.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/4/2014 10:16am
ChrisB10 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
ChrisB10 wrote:
I'm aware of how expensive it is. They we're never really clear on what was Phil's status was. Was he a fill-in? a test rider? a...
I'm aware of how expensive it is. They we're never really clear on what was Phil's status was. Was he a fill-in? a test rider? a third rider? You say he was a fill-on but every time I heard Coy and Jeremy Albrecht speak about it we never got a clear answer which led me and others to believe it was going to be performance evaluated.
They made it clear when they signed him. He was the back up rider that would fill-in when one of the main two riders was hurt. Beyond that he was guaranteed X amount (i'd have to find the pr again) of races in Supercross and Outdoor that he would compete in, regardless of the status of the main two riders. Albrecht has also noted that Phil is free to leave at anytime if another deal was to pop up for him.

Post a reply to: How about JGR?

The Latest