Houston sx practice?

MotoMo165
Edited Date/Time 4/4/2014 10:30am
Long time lurker, finally made an account. I'm in Houston for my dads surgery.. Anyway I'm staying at the Mariot just down the street from the stadium, and was wondering if any of you vitards know if I could just go and watch practice?? (leaving later today though so I can't stay for the actual race sadly)
|
huck
4/3/2014 9:37am
Practice is just on Saturday...so you'd have to buy a ticket to the event to get in...
Grizz
4/3/2014 9:38am
It's a one day event. Everything is on Saturday.

Press day is today, but there's probably no chance of getting in to see that just by walking in off the street.
MotoMo165
4/3/2014 9:42am
Damn that blows. It's like torture driving by all the semis and knowing your favorite riders are all there but I can't see them ride. Thanks for the quick replies guys.
S.Loyer
4/3/2014 10:27am
Just buy the shittest and cheapest ticket you can. Practice is all open seating unless someone wants to be a dick and move you from their seat but yeah. Ticket and a monster can (Pit Pass) You could probably StubHub something for about 35ish.

The Shop

huck
4/3/2014 10:28am
MotoMo165 wrote:
Damn that blows. It's like torture driving by all the semis and knowing your favorite riders are all there but I can't see them ride. Thanks...
Damn that blows. It's like torture driving by all the semis and knowing your favorite riders are all there but I can't see them ride. Thanks for the quick replies guys.
I bet most of your 'favorite riders' aren't there yet... They'll fly in tomorrow.
SEE ARE125
4/3/2014 10:35am
S.Loyer wrote:
Just buy the shittest and cheapest ticket you can. Practice is all open seating unless someone wants to be a dick and move you from their...
Just buy the shittest and cheapest ticket you can. Practice is all open seating unless someone wants to be a dick and move you from their seat but yeah. Ticket and a monster can (Pit Pass) You could probably StubHub something for about 35ish.
+1 That's what I'd do. Get the shittiest, cheapest, nose bleed ticket and a pit pass. Like mentioned above, you can sit wherever you want during practice.
huck
4/3/2014 10:36am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2014 10:36am
Did you guys not read this part....

"(leaving later today though so I can't stay for the actual race sadly) "
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 10:37am
S.Loyer wrote:
Just buy the shittest and cheapest ticket you can. Practice is all open seating unless someone wants to be a dick and move you from their...
So someone asking you to move out of the seat they paid for makes them a dick?
Jeff alessi
4/3/2014 11:00am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2014 11:01am
You talking about tomorrow morning practice or did you want to get in and watch today? I Believe press day practice is probably either over or pretty close to being done but if your talking about tomorrow's practice then message me on Facebook n I might have a way to hook u up to watch practice so you don't have to spend any money on a ticket.
erikcrvjl
4/3/2014 11:07am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Yes it does. Practice is open seating and only the 1st level of seats are open, at least at the races I've been to. What are guys like me who buy upper level seats supposed to do? Stand?
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 11:12am
hvaughn88 wrote:
erikcrvjl wrote:
Yes it does. Practice is open seating and only the 1st level of seats are open, at least at the races I've been to. What are...
Yes it does. Practice is open seating and only the 1st level of seats are open, at least at the races I've been to. What are guys like me who buy upper level seats supposed to do? Stand?
Well I suppose we may just have to agree to disagree because if I spend the extra money to get a closer seat than I am going to sit there whenever I want to. I sure as hell don't think it makes me a dick because I paid for that seat.
huck
4/3/2014 11:35am
hvaughn88 wrote:
erikcrvjl wrote:
Yes it does. Practice is open seating and only the 1st level of seats are open, at least at the races I've been to. What are...
Go cry about the mean rich people taking "your" seat....
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/3/2014 11:37am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2014 11:38am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I was shooting practice there a couple years ago (mid-afternoon), and there was a lady (I use the term loosely) who had a ticket in hand and who wanted her seat right now, dammit. Even her husband looked embarrassed.
erikcrvjl
4/3/2014 11:38am
That's it. I'm taking my ball and going home. I can't be around you losers anymore
huck
4/3/2014 11:41am
hvaughn88 wrote:
erikcrvjl wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Well I suppose we may just have to agree to disagree because if I spend the extra money to get a closer seat than I am...
Well I suppose we may just have to agree to disagree because if I spend the extra money to get a closer seat than I am going to sit there whenever I want to. I sure as hell don't think it makes me a dick because I paid for that seat.
You should give that guy your ticket...and go sit in the nose bleeds.... DICK!
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 11:45am
hvaughn88 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I was shooting practice there a couple years ago (mid-afternoon), and there was a lady (I use the term loosely) who had a ticket in hand...
I was shooting practice there a couple years ago (mid-afternoon), and there was a lady (I use the term loosely) who had a ticket in hand and who wanted her seat right now, dammit. Even her husband looked embarrassed.
I completely get that there is no need to be an asshole about telling someone to move from your seat. And if it's a photographer or anyone else whose work is associated with the sport that needs to be in the area for a minute is an understandable situation. But I don't feel bad at all about asking another fan to move from my seat (politely) if they are only there because my seat is better.
Jaybird67k
4/3/2014 11:47am
It's open seating until 5:30 so the people with tickets can't move you. I've told plenty of ticket holders to take a hike because it's open seating during practice.
If you have a suite it's a different story. Then you can go to your suite seats anytime you want.

Jason
MotoMo165
4/3/2014 11:48am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2014 11:50am
You talking about tomorrow morning practice or did you want to get in and watch today? I Believe press day practice is probably either over or...
You talking about tomorrow morning practice or did you want to get in and watch today? I Believe press day practice is probably either over or pretty close to being done but if your talking about tomorrow's practice then message me on Facebook n I might have a way to hook u up to watch practice so you don't have to spend any money on a ticket.
Jeff that is awesome of you to offer that, really. If you aren't able to no worries but I am totally down haha. And to the rest of you guys.. I could buy cheap ticket and get in tomorrow for practice? @jason sweet thanks for the heads up
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 11:48am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2014 11:48am
erikcrvjl wrote:
That's it. I'm taking my ball and going home. I can't be around you losers anymore
Look man, I don't have a problem with you. Honestly, you're probably a pretty good dude. I just kind of take offense to someone saying it's a dick move to ask someone to move from your seat. If it's really not that big of a deal, like you say, then it shouldn't be a big deal for you to go move to another open seat either.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/3/2014 11:49am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I completely get that there is no need to be an asshole about telling someone to move from your seat. And if it's a photographer or...
I completely get that there is no need to be an asshole about telling someone to move from your seat. And if it's a photographer or anyone else whose work is associated with the sport that needs to be in the area for a minute is an understandable situation. But I don't feel bad at all about asking another fan to move from my seat (politely) if they are only there because my seat is better.
There were dozens of open seats around. It wasn't a huge deal, I just found it odd.
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 11:50am
Jaybird67k wrote:
It's open seating until 5:30 so the people with tickets can't move you. I've told plenty of ticket holders to take a hike because it's open...
It's open seating until 5:30 so the people with tickets can't move you. I've told plenty of ticket holders to take a hike because it's open seating during practice.
If you have a suite it's a different story. Then you can go to your suite seats anytime you want.

Jason
I totally get that. I'm just saying, if it's really open seating then I think you should just move to another open seat if the person who purchased a ticket for that seat shows up and wants to sit there. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal, since it's open seating, right?
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 11:51am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I completely get that there is no need to be an asshole about telling someone to move from your seat. And if it's a photographer or...
GuyB wrote:
There were dozens of open seats around. It wasn't a huge deal, I just found it odd.
I understand
brocster
4/3/2014 12:56pm
Jaybird67k wrote:
It's open seating until 5:30 so the people with tickets can't move you. I've told plenty of ticket holders to take a hike because it's open...

Jason
hvaughn88 wrote:
I totally get that. I'm just saying, if it's really open seating then I think you should just move to another open seat if the person...
I totally get that. I'm just saying, if it's really open seating then I think you should just move to another open seat if the person who purchased a ticket for that seat shows up and wants to sit there. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal, since it's open seating, right?
it's OPEN seating so you should do the same. The seat you purchased IS NOT VALID until 5:30. My seat in 305 is not available for seating until 5:30 so why should yours? hence, OPEN SEATING FOR PRACTICE. I always wondered why people can't grasp the concept and I am pretty sure it is posted as OPEN SEATING FOR PRACTICE.
Bodieg3
4/3/2014 12:57pm
Jaybird67k wrote:

Jason
hvaughn88 wrote:
I totally get that. I'm just saying, if it's really open seating then I think you should just move to another open seat if the person...
I don't think you do get it ! It's open seating till 5:30 meaning you paid for seat after 5:30 !!! What about all the people who paid twice ur ticket price n reserved 2nd level seating ? That can't sit in their seats till after 5:30
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2014 1:00pm
Jaybird67k wrote:

Jason
hvaughn88 wrote:
brocster wrote:
it's OPEN seating so you should do the same. The seat you purchased IS NOT VALID until 5:30. My seat in 305 is not available for...
it's OPEN seating so you should do the same. The seat you purchased IS NOT VALID until 5:30. My seat in 305 is not available for seating until 5:30 so why should yours? hence, OPEN SEATING FOR PRACTICE. I always wondered why people can't grasp the concept and I am pretty sure it is posted as OPEN SEATING FOR PRACTICE.
putting things in ALL CAPS is not going to magically change my opinion. I grasp the concept (as I have state numerous times already). I just don't think wanting to sit in the seat you have a ticket for (yes, once again, I know it's open seating) makes you a "dick." Difficult? Yes, perhaps difficult. But a dick? Nope.
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 1:00pm
Jaybird67k wrote:

Jason
hvaughn88 wrote:
Bodieg3 wrote:
I don't think you do get it ! It's open seating till 5:30 meaning you paid for seat after 5:30 !!! What about all the people...
I don't think you do get it ! It's open seating till 5:30 meaning you paid for seat after 5:30 !!! What about all the people who paid twice ur ticket price n reserved 2nd level seating ? That can't sit in their seats till after 5:30
nope, I get it
Jaybird67k
4/3/2014 1:03pm
"if it's really open seating@hvaughn88"

It is.

Jason
hvaughn88
4/3/2014 1:04pm
Ya know, some of you guys are calling me a dick because I would ask someone to move from the seat that my ticket is for. I actually don't agree. In fact, I think of myself as a pretty nice guy. So nice, that if I was sitting in your seat and you came up to me and asked me to move because you had a ticket for it during the race, I would say "sure, no worries man" and then move over a little bit and probably try to strike up a conversation with you. I definitely wouldn't tell someone to "take a hike" and make an ass out of myself. But that's just me. Oh well, looks like I'm just a dick.

Post a reply to: Houston sx practice?

The Latest