Hookit

Charper732
Edited Date/Time 10/30/2015 4:17pm
So lets say a "friend" has a hookit profile. Somehow results for a race in Open pro, 450 and 250 A appear on his profile as "verified" results. These were not input by him...they just appeared. They are only for one day, 3 races, and don't exactly flow with the rest of the profile. A few days after, a couple sponsor offers come in with exceptional offers. This isn't illegal but its sure not ethical.

Has anyone else you know of experienced this?
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/29/2015 2:45pm
Take the money and run!
mirramaxx
10/29/2015 2:48pm
Well if this person has to sign some contracts to get certian items/bike etc etc, they may have a big problem... I'm sure this thing goes on more than we think. I get good deals locally and stick with that because sometimes its who you know and not always what you know.
Charper732
10/29/2015 2:50pm
contracts on hookit are EXTREMELY vague. Only a handful of companies take the time to post a contract with any kind of substance.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/29/2015 3:28pm
This same thing happened to me. Kid from Connecticut has the same name and rides pro. Well his results from the Canadian Nationals showed up on my HookIt account and my score sky rocketed. Tried getting it removed but couldn't.

The Shop

Mike 13
Fantasy
253rd
10/29/2015 4:13pm
Same issue here as well, I share the name with a local pro and all his results get loaded on my page.
Charper732
10/29/2015 5:30pm
Why would you want to get it removed? Did you not get insanely good sponsor deals? Not gonna say what brand but because of this mishap. $600 boots became $200 boots.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
10/29/2015 7:52pm
If you can't get the results removed and you aren't racing in Pro class but you want to race AMA Am-Natls you are going to get screwed. Let's say you go get 2nd at Oak Hill and the guy you beat trolls you, he sees your results, shows them to the referee and you get yer $1000 trophy taken away and don't get to ride at Bubba's…
10/29/2015 9:07pm
If you can't get the results removed and you aren't racing in Pro class but you want to race AMA Am-Natls you are going to get...
If you can't get the results removed and you aren't racing in Pro class but you want to race AMA Am-Natls you are going to get screwed. Let's say you go get 2nd at Oak Hill and the guy you beat trolls you, he sees your results, shows them to the referee and you get yer $1000 trophy taken away and don't get to ride at Bubba's…
Easy AMA will run his number. All verified results for that number will work. Joe smith pro and joe smith amateur all have different AMA card numbers. Should not be a problem.
10/29/2015 9:09pm
Also you can go on the AMA website and look up AMA sanctioned event results. So a ref should have no problem confirming the results per AMA number.
Moto75
10/29/2015 9:36pm
Had someone sign-up and start claiming my sons BMX Race results, I wasn't watching it closely. Hookit straightened it out quick, think they were pretty embarrassed about it. I don't pursue it much though. Seems most of the deals are 30-40% off retail. The maker is just cutting out the retailer & offering it directly. Brick & mortar shops are struggling enough without companies finding a way to end-around them.
motox331
10/30/2015 1:47pm
Same thing happened to me. I just emailed hookit and they took care of it
Titan1
10/30/2015 1:54pm
Moto75 wrote:
Had someone sign-up and start claiming my sons BMX Race results, I wasn't watching it closely. Hookit straightened it out quick, think they were pretty embarrassed...
Had someone sign-up and start claiming my sons BMX Race results, I wasn't watching it closely. Hookit straightened it out quick, think they were pretty embarrassed about it. I don't pursue it much though. Seems most of the deals are 30-40% off retail. The maker is just cutting out the retailer & offering it directly. Brick & mortar shops are struggling enough without companies finding a way to end-around them.
I've noticed, that the "sponsorship" price through Hookit, once shipping costs are added, is usually more expensive than I could just buy the thing from RockyMountain...I got so pumped that Dunlop gave me a 40% off sponsorship on tires (I was pumped on nearly half price tires)...then I went to their website and realized that their retail prices are about 40% higher than Rocky Mountain's prices...and when I add in shipping its way more expensive.

I've decided that unless you are getting free stuff, you aren't sponsored...lol
moto0852
10/30/2015 2:05pm
Moto75 wrote:
Had someone sign-up and start claiming my sons BMX Race results, I wasn't watching it closely. Hookit straightened it out quick, think they were pretty embarrassed...
Titan1 wrote:
I've noticed, that the "sponsorship" price through Hookit, once shipping costs are added, is usually more expensive than I could just buy the thing from RockyMountain...I...
I've noticed, that the "sponsorship" price through Hookit, once shipping costs are added, is usually more expensive than I could just buy the thing from RockyMountain...I got so pumped that Dunlop gave me a 40% off sponsorship on tires (I was pumped on nearly half price tires)...then I went to their website and realized that their retail prices are about 40% higher than Rocky Mountain's prices...and when I add in shipping its way more expensive.

This! I've had a lot of "sponsored pricing" that is worse than Rocky Mountain's retail.

Only exception is the pretty sweet sponsor deals you can get off PulpMxShows site.
mxtech1
10/30/2015 2:26pm
Ever heard of fraudulent misrepresentation?
zehn
10/30/2015 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2015 2:38pm
mxtech1 wrote:
Ever heard of fraudulent misrepresentation?
EDIT: just realized you were probably talking about something else
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/30/2015 2:38pm
ML512 wrote:
Take the money and run!
lol Speaking from experience?
Ha! No! I've never been payed to run anything, I was just joking. Laughing
zehn
10/30/2015 2:39pm
Titan1 wrote:
I've noticed, that the "sponsorship" price through Hookit, once shipping costs are added, is usually more expensive than I could just buy the thing from RockyMountain...I...

Yeah, "pay to play" is bullshit.
Hookit
10/30/2015 3:07pm
Hey Guys,

If you been in the sport for a while you know how close the community is and how easy the word goes around. If a brand or rider has an issue others are going to hear about it. That's how our attention was brought to this thread. Honesty is always the best policy especially if you plan to grow with the sport.

In regards to our matching program, it goes through several checkpoints to match the thousands of results we receive from the promoters to the correct accounts. If it doesn't meet the requierments then it will not match to an account and goes unclaimed. A member who would like to add the verified result to their account will have to submit a claim. This helps to ensure the member's result history is correct.

If any Hookit member has an issue please let us know and we will be glad to correct it.

Thank you.

Hookit
Phone: 1-888-874-3374
Email: athletesupport@hookit.com

10/30/2015 4:03pm
Moto75 wrote:
Titan1 wrote:

i agree 100% i think its a joke, you can get some deals but when you factor in shipping your better off buying from motosport or bto, the tire deals are a real joke though lol,

Titan1
10/30/2015 4:17pm
Moto75 wrote:
Titan1 wrote:

i agree 100% i think its a joke, you can get some deals but when you factor in shipping your better off buying from motosport or...
i agree 100% i think its a joke, you can get some deals but when you factor in shipping your better off buying from motosport or bto, the tire deals are a real joke though lol,

Yup...you can buy a tire from Rocky Mountain for $80-buy a pair of goggles or gloves or some grips and an airfilter to spend $100 and you get free shipping....I can just drive down the road and pick it up at their warehouse-or you can get 40% off Dunlops MSRP of $140, through hookit, for the same tire and pay $30 shipping to ship it across the country and be out of pocket $115 bucks.

I love my Acerbis, and Scott "hook up" through hookit...the rest are a marketing ploy.

Post a reply to: Hookit

The Latest