"Honda Horsepower"

O___o
Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 7:20pm
..is back. and it's real.

anyone else watch Canard pull up behind, put on his blinker, pass, and merge in front of Davi's Kawasaki on the start straight in the second moto?
|
nytsmaC
10/20/2014 7:30am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 7:30am
It definitely did not look like had any horsepower disadvantage. I hope he greases it this upcoming season.
huck
10/20/2014 7:32am
Trey probably weighs 25 pounds less than Davi...
mach6972
10/20/2014 7:43am
O___o wrote:
..is back. and it's real. anyone else watch Canard pull up behind, put on his blinker, pass, and merge in front of Davi's Kawasaki on the...

anyone else watch Canard pull up behind, put on his blinker, pass, and merge in front of Davi's Kawasaki on the start straight in the second moto?
davi was pulling him down the long straight with the rollers,every lap
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
10/20/2014 7:51am
Looked like he just did a better job of carrying his momentum imo

The Shop

MOTO STUFF
10/20/2014 11:24am
Pretty sure Trey was able to leave it on longer and out brake him! ;-)
peelout
10/20/2014 11:30am
nytsmaC wrote:
It definitely did not look like had any horsepower disadvantage. I hope he greases it this upcoming season.
i hope someone greases the term "greased it/greases it" this offseason.

the announcers must have borrowed Weigandt's secret word game...
machine
10/20/2014 11:54am
I think they did get more power out of the bikes toward the last part of the outdoor season. Him and Tomac started getting good starts back then. Now it seems like they have a solution to the handling issues as well.
IWreckALot
10/20/2014 11:56am
huck wrote:
You may be right but Davi looked REALLY lean sitting on the line. He's still a good 5" taller than Trey it seems like though. And that start left me in awe. He just flat twisted his throttle further than Davi did.
bd
10/20/2014 12:20pm
O___o wrote:
..is back. and it's real. anyone else watch Canard pull up behind, put on his blinker, pass, and merge in front of Davi's Kawasaki on the...

mach6972 wrote:
Riddle me this mach...... how did Trey get the holeshot in the second moto when he was not first out of the gate? How about moto 3 when pulled JA Husky after the finish line 180 turn. That Honda was fucking fast.
nytsmaC
10/20/2014 12:49pm
nytsmaC wrote:
peelout wrote:
i hope someone greases the term "greased it/greases it" this offseason.

the announcers must have borrowed Weigandt's secret word game...
I second that, hopefully it doesn't catch on.

You've been greasing it in the BV lately, BTW!
mach6972
10/20/2014 1:10pm
O___o wrote:

mach6972 wrote:
bd wrote:
Riddle me this mach...... how did Trey get the holeshot in the second moto when he was not first out of the gate? How about moto...
Riddle me this mach...... how did Trey get the holeshot in the second moto when he was not first out of the gate? How about moto 3 when pulled JA Husky after the finish line 180 turn. That Honda was fucking fast.
In the 3rd moto DM was pulling him every lap on the long straight with the rollers but after watching it again it was more big Davi wide open and soaking it up better than TC.The Honda did have more ass
kiwifan
10/20/2014 1:45pm
O___o wrote:

mach6972 wrote:
bd wrote:
Riddle me this mach...... how did Trey get the holeshot in the second moto when he was not first out of the gate? How about moto...
It sure was fast. Have you tried a '15 450 Honda yet BD? I have one ordered now...rode all the others
10/20/2014 2:10pm
machine wrote:
I think they did get more power out of the bikes toward the last part of the outdoor season. Him and Tomac started getting good starts...
I think they did get more power out of the bikes toward the last part of the outdoor season. Him and Tomac started getting good starts back then. Now it seems like they have a solution to the handling issues as well.
What handling issue?
The new crf's are probably the best handling bikes on the track..
kiwifan
10/20/2014 2:23pm
machine wrote:
I think they did get more power out of the bikes toward the last part of the outdoor season. Him and Tomac started getting good starts...
What handling issue?
And they feel nice and light (and are one of the lightest to boot lol) ...easily flickable
10/20/2014 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 2:48pm
huck wrote:
I would have guessed about 40lbs. But TC's bike did look fast and hooked up too.
bd
10/20/2014 3:17pm
DM18 is in shape and might be lightest he's been in his whole career. Not RV2, JW12, JS7, TC41 light, but lean and mean.
bd
10/20/2014 3:29pm
machine wrote:
What handling issue?
kiwifan wrote:
And they feel nice and light (and are one of the lightest to boot lol) ...easily flickable
From what I have heard the stock 2015 CRF450R is in the middle of the 450s in speed. Like you all stated, its the lightest and one of the best handling bikes. Its an amazing platform.

mach - Trey was dodging roost on parts of the track and would back down. He would pull up DM18 when he wanted too. The triple they did before that the big crash TC41 checks up.

From what I saw at the event..... the Honda was extremely fast. It was not at an disadvantage.

That said, all of those Factory 450Fs at MEC looked very good. Ju Hill's KTM was fast. Damm fast.

kiwifan
10/20/2014 5:12pm
What handling issue?
kiwifan wrote:
bd wrote:
From what I have heard the stock 2015 CRF450R is in the middle of the 450s in speed. Like you all stated, its the lightest and...
From what I have heard the stock 2015 CRF450R is in the middle of the 450s in speed. Like you all stated, its the lightest and one of the best handling bikes. Its an amazing platform.

mach - Trey was dodging roost on parts of the track and would back down. He would pull up DM18 when he wanted too. The triple they did before that the big crash TC41 checks up.

From what I saw at the event..... the Honda was extremely fast. It was not at an disadvantage.

That said, all of those Factory 450Fs at MEC looked very good. Ju Hill's KTM was fast. Damm fast.

Totally agree BD, I have ridden all 5 and in terms of power yes its in the middle stock wise, but yeah she sure handles sweetly but it was a fairly close call for me between the Honda and the Suzuki... I just cant seem to get on with the KTM and the Yamaha, the Kawasaki had great power and suspension was good but it felt heavy and didnt handle as well as the Honda and Zook...just my humble opinion of course...
10/20/2014 9:47pm
seth505 wrote:
100 % I hate power arguments in motocross its such bullshit ,
TeamGreen
10/20/2014 10:10pm
When people are talking about the "lightest 450"...they should use the term, "Available at the moment".
Crush
10/20/2014 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 10:47pm
seth505 wrote:
dirtaddict wrote:
100 % I hate power arguments in motocross its such bullshit ,
And even more so the apparent performance of stock vs Factory bikes (coming out of a sweeper no less)

Until you hear a bunch of the pros saying they're getting yarded by the Hondas, ie like quite a few were saying about getting yarded by Grant and Brayton out of corners last year, you can probably safely assume they're pretty similar at factory level–more to do with rider preference... and has fuck all to do with stock bike performance.
Crush
10/20/2014 10:24pm
bd wrote:
Here is your momentum: http://youtu.be/oh0j5s8XoHo?t=57s

Watch Canard's start: http://youtu.be/H68CUhYgPGI

* Note: Momentum is extremely important. However, this thread is about Honda's engine. Not rider technique.
Yeah but it's a moot point... too many variables: rider weight; Davi swings wide and whips back, so covers more ground, Trey's line is straighter so probably shifted sooner; who's to say they're both 100% on the gas, Canard knew at that point he had to try get the inside to get the holey for the truck...
bd
10/20/2014 10:36pm
Crush.... is the factory Honda power plant give Trey a disadvantage? Yea or Nay

I say its a fast fucking bike. No disadvantage.
Crush
10/20/2014 10:44pm
An advantage over what? Another bike that we also have no fucking clue how fast it is?

I'm not saying advantage or disadvantage. We don't know. We know stock it's not as quick as the Kawi and that's about it. Past that, like I said, too many variables. I should have added–Actual knowledge.
kiwifan
10/21/2014 12:48am
Crush wrote:
An advantage over what? Another bike that we also have no fucking clue how fast it is? I'm not saying advantage or disadvantage. We don't know...
An advantage over what? Another bike that we also have no fucking clue how fast it is?

I'm not saying advantage or disadvantage. We don't know. We know stock it's not as quick as the Kawi and that's about it. Past that, like I said, too many variables. I should have added–Actual knowledge.
I have had the pleasure of riding all the 450's stock, yes the Honda doesnt have the peak HP the Kawasaki does, but does it put all its power to the ground better than the kawasaki? yes it does....and the honda is no longer the slowest 450 stock.

Jrewing
10/21/2014 12:59am
TeamGreen wrote:
When people are talking about the "lightest 450"...they should use the term, "Available at the moment".
Tell us more please..
kiwifan
10/21/2014 1:12am
TeamGreen wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
Tell us more please..
i think he is referring to an upcoming 2016 bike, Suzuki (and Honda?) are due for a major upgrade in 2016...oh plus KTM

Perhaps thats why he's saying the Honda is the lightest 'available at the moment' ...
Jrewing
10/21/2014 1:46am
TeamGreen wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
Tell us more please..
kiwifan wrote:
i think he is referring to an upcoming 2016 bike, Suzuki (and Honda?) are due for a major upgrade in 2016...oh plus KTM Perhaps thats why...
i think he is referring to an upcoming 2016 bike, Suzuki (and Honda?) are due for a major upgrade in 2016...oh plus KTM

Perhaps thats why he's saying the Honda is the lightest 'available at the moment' ...
That's what im thinking too. Ktm the lightest with electric start.
I'm keen to try a 15 Honda though. But will hang out til 16 for my new ride. Coming of a yzf I really want slim

Post a reply to: "Honda Horsepower"

The Latest