Honda CR250R rebuild.

ti473
3/24/2015 8:29am
#991 wrote:
Free Tip. The Scalvini carbon silencers are shit. I'd Nickel plate the Hubs and hard Anno the rims black. It cost me bugger all to do...
Free Tip. The Scalvini carbon silencers are shit.

I'd Nickel plate the Hubs and hard Anno the rims black. It cost me bugger all to do that here. The Nickel looks classy IMO. Do your triple clamps and foot pegs, spring and pins as well. Bling Bling!!

I also had a linkage and my brake callipers done in Nickel.

looks as good as this does

ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
3/24/2015 10:03am
ti473 wrote:
looks as good as this does [img]https://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20131015/chrome_camaro_01.jpg[/img]
looks as good as this does

GATOR
3/24/2015 10:14am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 10:17am
#991 wrote:
Free Tip. The Scalvini carbon silencers are shit. I'd Nickel plate the Hubs and hard Anno the rims black. It cost me bugger all to do...
Free Tip. The Scalvini carbon silencers are shit.

I'd Nickel plate the Hubs and hard Anno the rims black. It cost me bugger all to do that here. The Nickel looks classy IMO. Do your triple clamps and foot pegs, spring and pins as well. Bling Bling!!

I also had a linkage and my brake callipers done in Nickel.

Sure does look like shit.
Real tasteful, very classy.
Sick
3/24/2015 10:46am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 10:59am
Sorry Olson. Should have known pics of shiny things would attract morons. Like bugs to a light in the dark. Real contributors to your thread.

Sharing Ideas in a build thread. What was I thinking.

The Shop

GATOR
3/24/2015 12:12pm
Yeah, let's go raaaaacing!!!!
Woohoo

Olson
3/24/2015 4:22pm
Haha, whatever. I like some of the nickel/chrome stuff. Just don't think it's for every project. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Whether you like the chrome stuff or not. I'm not the moderator of this thread just because I started it but I would appriciate if it was left a little cleaner. Will probably be a while before the next update, gotta do some work to get some cash in and I'm off to Houston in two weeks. Will post updates on thought of design, if I find a graphics company that can work with different years of plastic and the Cycra plate. Seems to be a bitch finding a company that does them in Europe. Haven't checked out the one #991 posted yet. Will do when I get some more time on my hands.
3/24/2015 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 6:01pm
Gator has an excuse for being a rude, arrogant asshole. He's French. What about you other morons? What's your excuse?

Sorry Olson. Ask a mod to clean the thread up for you.
bonseff
3/24/2015 7:47pm
Nickel-plate the shit outta errthang™

fuckit.
ratonmacias
3/24/2015 9:22pm
Olson wrote:
Got a free set of shroud graphics from a friend today. Used them on the stock shrouds. Will replace them as soon as I've decided what...
Got a free set of shroud graphics from a friend today. Used them on the stock shrouds. Will replace them as soon as I've decided what look I'm going for here. This buys me some time.

This is what they looked like when I got them. Woohoo

What they look like mounted.

@ Olson. what bike are the front fender originally for? i would like to get them for my 2004 cr 250. did you have to mod them or just bolt on?
JMX82
3/24/2015 10:35pm
I used this kind of pad to get rust off from the Doma pipe in my project:

I finished the pipe with metal polish and it came out pretty good. It took me about five hours to get it done.

GATOR
3/25/2015 1:58am
#991 wrote:
Gator has an excuse for being a rude, arrogant asshole. He's French. What about you other morons? What's your excuse? Sorry Olson. Ask a mod to...
Gator has an excuse for being a rude, arrogant asshole. He's French. What about you other morons? What's your excuse?

The only one who's being rude is you my friend. You asked if your parts looked like shit and I actually agreed...
Tongue

Get a beer, cool off and learn to deal with the fact that on a forum, not everybody has to share your taste, if it can be called this way.
GATOR
3/25/2015 2:01am
JMX82 wrote:
I used this kind of pad to get rust off from the Doma pipe in my project: [img]https://www.clasohlson.com/medias/sys_master/8872639528990.jpg[/img] I finished the pipe with metal polish and...
I used this kind of pad to get rust off from the Doma pipe in my project:

I finished the pipe with metal polish and it came out pretty good. It took me about five hours to get it done.

Nice work on that exhaust. Great result!
Looks racy, not out of the SEMA show...
Wink
3/25/2015 2:14am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2015 2:42am
#991 wrote:
Gator has an excuse for being a rude, arrogant asshole. He's French. What about you other morons? What's your excuse? Sorry Olson. Ask a mod to...

GATOR wrote:
The only one who's being rude is you my friend. You asked if your parts looked like shit and I actually agreed... :P Get a beer...
The only one who's being rude is you my friend. You asked if your parts looked like shit and I actually agreed...
Tongue

Get a beer, cool off and learn to deal with the fact that on a forum, not everybody has to share your taste, if it can be called this way.
Nah, you're right, you Toad. After all. Who am I to argue with an expert on the topic of rudeness.
Respect for another person's build thread is way over rated anyway. As is actually contributing to it.
Pretty sure I was on topic. Pretty sure you were on an Ego trip.

Do you have ANYTHING to actually offer or contribute to the thread?

BTW, I was Never asking your opinion, nor would I. Be pointless. You obviously can't see out of the box you're in.

GATOR
3/25/2015 2:46am
#991 wrote:

GATOR wrote:
The only one who's being rude is you my friend. You asked if your parts looked like shit and I actually agreed... :P Get a beer...
Tongue

#991 wrote:
Nah, you're right, you Toad. After all. Who am I to argue with an expert on the topic of rudeness. Respect for another person's build thread...
Nah, you're right, you Toad. After all. Who am I to argue with an expert on the topic of rudeness.
Respect for another person's build thread is way over rated anyway. As is actually contributing to it.

BTW, I was Never asking your opinion, nor would I. Be pointless. You obviously can't see out of the box you're in.

I actually feel my contibution was essential in preventing Olson from following your advice and building a crappy HD/CR hybrid.

Really, go get that beer. And while you're at it, see if you can get yourself some sense of humor, can be pretty useful sometimes.
Tongue
3/25/2015 2:59am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2015 3:10am
GATOR wrote:
Tongue

#991 wrote:
Nah, you're right, you Toad. After all. Who am I to argue with an expert on the topic of rudeness. Respect for another person's build thread...

GATOR wrote:
I actually feel my contibution was essential in preventing Olson from following your advice and building a crappy HD/CR hybrid. Really, go get that beer. And...
I actually feel my contibution was essential in preventing Olson from following your advice and building a crappy HD/CR hybrid.

Really, go get that beer. And while you're at it, see if you can get yourself some sense of humor, can be pretty useful sometimes.
Tongue
That's rich coming from a French bloke.

You think It's funny to Hijack another persons build thread? Spose I really shouldn't be surprised.

You define what a Troll is.

FIREfish148
3/25/2015 3:08am
That seat is so sick! Gonna have to get one one of these days.
Olson
3/25/2015 3:45am
@ Olson. what bike are the front fender originally for? i would like to get them for my 2004 cr 250. did you have to mod...
@ Olson. what bike are the front fender originally for? i would like to get them for my 2004 cr 250. did you have to mod them or just bolt on?
The fender is for a CRF 450 2015 (probably the same as the CRF 250). The newer fenders are mounted further forward than the old ones because of the new front plate and the steering stabilizer. I just lined up the fender against the bottom clamp. None of the existing holes will fit. You need to drill two new holes at the front and widen the existing holes at the back backwards. The screws can move around in the widend holes untill you have mounted the fender. The fender will not be able to move back and forth because of the bottom clamp. The new fender goes up in front of the clamp and will therefore stop there. I don't have any pics available right now but I will upload some somewhere down the build.
GATOR
3/25/2015 3:45am
#991 wrote:

GATOR wrote:
I actually feel my contibution was essential in preventing Olson from following your advice and building a crappy HD/CR hybrid. Really, go get that beer. And...

Tongue
#991 wrote:
That's rich coming from a French bloke. You think It's funny to Hijack another persons build thread? Spose I really shouldn't be surprised. You define what...
That's rich coming from a French bloke.

You think It's funny to Hijack another persons build thread? Spose I really shouldn't be surprised.

You define what a Troll is.

You define what a lost cause is.
Lighten up, you're gonna blow a gasket.

Oh, by the way... Love your bike. That's what a CR should look like.
Laughing

Olson
3/25/2015 4:06am
JMX82: Where did you get the grinding wheel? Local hardware store or even Biltema or Jula? Did you use anything other than Autosol on the pipe? Is there anything to do to prevent rust?
Olson
3/25/2015 4:09am
Redrcr34 wrote:
Nice build!
Thank you. If it comes out anywhere close to as clean as yours I'm satisfied.
JMX82
3/25/2015 4:22am
Olson wrote:
JMX82: Where did you get the grinding wheel? Local hardware store or even Biltema or Jula? Did you use anything other than Autosol on the pipe...
JMX82: Where did you get the grinding wheel? Local hardware store or even Biltema or Jula? Did you use anything other than Autosol on the pipe? Is there anything to do to prevent rust?
It was already in my garage and i think I got it from local hardware store. I think Biltema might have those too.

I used scotch brite pad with Autosol for polishing the pipe and finished the shine with cloth.

To prevent it from rusting I spray the pipe with WD40 after every ride and bike wash
Olson
3/25/2015 4:26am
Olson wrote:
JMX82: Where did you get the grinding wheel? Local hardware store or even Biltema or Jula? Did you use anything other than Autosol on the pipe...
JMX82 wrote:
It was already in my garage and i think I got it from local hardware store. I think Biltema might have those too. I used scotch...
It was already in my garage and i think I got it from local hardware store. I think Biltema might have those too.

I used scotch brite pad with Autosol for polishing the pipe and finished the shine with cloth.

To prevent it from rusting I spray the pipe with WD40 after every ride and bike wash
Thank you. Will look into that. I wont be too sad if I HAVE to get a Pro Circuit pipe. But it would be nice to save the Doma pipe. Had one on a KX 250 back in the days and it was good enough.

I also contacted your graphics guy. Got some replies but I haven't heard anything for a while.

3/25/2015 4:31am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2015 4:31am
Olson wrote:
JMX82 wrote:
It was already in my garage and i think I got it from local hardware store. I think Biltema might have those too. I used scotch...

Olson wrote:
Thank you. Will look into that. I wont be too sad if I HAVE to get a Pro Circuit pipe. But it would be nice to...
Thank you. Will look into that. I wont be too sad if I HAVE to get a Pro Circuit pipe. But it would be nice to save the Doma pipe. Had one on a KX 250 back in the days and it was good enough.

I also contacted your graphics guy. Got some replies but I haven't heard anything for a while.

If it was Emily that got back to you she'll look after you. Their season has just started over there so they've been pretty busy.
Olson
3/25/2015 4:39am
JMX82 wrote:

Olson wrote:
Thank you. Will look into that. I wont be too sad if I HAVE to get a Pro Circuit pipe. But it would be nice to...

#991 wrote:
If it was Emily that got back to you she'll look after you. Their season has just started over there so they've been pretty busy.
Nah, that was another graphics maker I got in a pm from JMX82 a couple of weeks back.

I haven't contacted the one you listed yet. Not sure about what design I'm going for and had a hard time navigating their site. It stands between the Retro Pro Circuit/Peak graphics or a different colour scheme TLD set right now. All about white now.
JMX82
3/25/2015 4:48am
I think Doma has more rideable power band than Pro Circuit. Many top riders in Europe used Doma pipes back in the day
Olson
3/25/2015 5:27am
JMX82 wrote:
I think Doma has more rideable power band than Pro Circuit. Many top riders in Europe used Doma pipes back in the day
True, I will give it a shot. Have you ridden your bike since you restored it? Satisfied with it? Anything you're missing?
Olson
3/25/2015 5:41am
I'm really satisfied with the cockpit. I followed the same setup I've had for all my bikes the last decade. I personally think the cockpit is the most important part of the bike. If you're not comfortable when you sit on the bike in the pits, you wont be comfy out on the track. Same procedure I use for my road bike and MTB. Bars, lever setup and bar tape/grips is high priority. I have plenty of friends who can ride with any bar, and the levers at whatever position. Just not my thing, it needs to be just right.

Next part is ordering bearings and the bike will be built back up ready for suspension setup.

Looking for an oversize front disc. Only heard good things about the Galfer Tsunami. Any other rotor I should look at first?

Post a reply to: Honda CR250R rebuild.

The Latest