Homeless and destitute Colorado MX track owner honored by MXA

cloverdale
Edited Date/Time 12/22/2020 8:58am

MXA recently honored Colorado MX track owner Pete Edmisten (weekly Rumors column) for his participation in the Glen Helen World Vet Championship. Pete is an incredibly unique individual and most importantly, an Icon within the MX industry (although for different reasons). Pete has persevered for decades to save a Northern Colorado MX track that started in the 1960's despite many hardships in his life. Pete lived at the track in a broken down dirty trailer with his old dog Yeller...keeping an eye on trespassers and the occasional rattle snake (I could not make this stuff up if I tried)! Pete suffered from a debilitating disease similar to vitiligo (i.e. Michael Jackson). His skin turned a mutant pale white color that was quite painful. He also walked with a sever limp relative to his early racing career in Iowa. I have never met a more friendly, giant grinned individual then Pete....he never gave up in life and I was excited to see MXA acknowledge his dedication to the sport!!! Now before you get all teary eyed and send the guy some money for some new MX threads you need to know that the man above is looking after our MX brethren. He just struck oil on the MX track property!!! Colorado's own Jed Clampett....!!! ...and now you know the rest of the story....good day...

Pete Edmisten is an original "Eckerman Promotions MX Consortium" rider.
|
Rich Piano
11/19/2015 4:01pm
cloverdale wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/19/111889/s1200_VET_18_COVERALLS.jpg[/img] MXA recently honored Colorado MX track owner Pete Edmisten (weekly Rumors column) for his participation in the Glen Helen World Vet Championship. Pete is an...

MXA recently honored Colorado MX track owner Pete Edmisten (weekly Rumors column) for his participation in the Glen Helen World Vet Championship. Pete is an incredibly unique individual and most importantly, an Icon within the MX industry (although for different reasons). Pete has persevered for decades to save a Northern Colorado MX track that started in the 1960's despite many hardships in his life. Pete lived at the track in a broken down dirty trailer with his old dog Yeller...keeping an eye on trespassers and the occasional rattle snake (I could not make this stuff up if I tried)! Pete suffered from a debilitating disease similar to vitiligo (i.e. Michael Jackson). His skin turned a mutant pale white color that was quite painful. He also walked with a sever limp relative to his early racing career in Iowa. I have never met a more friendly, giant grinned individual then Pete....he never gave up in life and I was excited to see MXA acknowledge his dedication to the sport!!! Now before you get all teary eyed and send the guy some money for some new MX threads you need to know that the man above is looking after our MX brethren. He just struck oil on the MX track property!!! Colorado's own Jed Clampett....!!! ...and now you know the rest of the story....good day...

Hey, I ride in coveralls all the time when its muddy.
I hope he makes billions.

Paul Harvey. Good day!
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
11/19/2015 4:29pm
Pete, Move away from there. California's the place you otta be!

On 2nd thought. you'r better off there!
Moto810
11/19/2015 5:04pm
Cool story I hope that all works out.

The Shop

Sully
11/19/2015 5:32pm
SwapperMX wrote:
This thread raises more questions than it answers.
And those questions would be?
brlatm
11/19/2015 5:51pm
They've been punching holes all around his property for quite awhile. Great to hear he finally got his due.
MotoMalyDad
11/19/2015 6:09pm
So that was why the Lamborghini was parked outside when I drove past on the 25 last month. Go Pete...
DownSouth
11/19/2015 6:09pm
Is this for real or some sort of Ronnie Mac-esque fictional biography?
Motoxdoc
11/19/2015 6:16pm
cloverdale wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/19/111889/s1200_VET_18_COVERALLS.jpg[/img] MXA recently honored Colorado MX track owner Pete Edmisten (weekly Rumors column) for his participation in the Glen Helen World Vet Championship. Pete is an...

No way! We were pitted across the road from him at the Vet Worlds. The whole group of guys that he was with were totally cool. We got a big laugh talking about that visor extender not working quite the way he hoped (The glare from the sun was gnarly at the end of the day). He had a paraplegic buddy with him that was riding a specially equipped bike with a pneumatic shifter. It looked like a bunch of great guys on a MX vacation, and helping a brother in need to keep riding....fuckin awesome! If Pete really struck oil and is destined to be rich, he seemed like a guy that would deserve it!
Highsider
11/19/2015 7:26pm
Time for him to buy a 40' Outlaw rv and follow the SX and National series'.
jeffro503
11/19/2015 7:43pm
If this story is 100% legit , then that's totally rad! Congrats Pete and I hope you have the most fun you could possibly have for the rest of your life!
Rich Piano
11/19/2015 8:40pm
Highsider wrote:
I think he is more a participator than a spectator.
Old-Man
11/19/2015 9:35pm
Never met Pete but the story is a cool one and hope all turns out well for a cool Dude.
Congrats!
b8res
11/19/2015 9:54pm
What a great story...... hope this cat stays true to his values!!!!
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
11/19/2015 11:18pm
SwapperMX wrote:
This thread raises more questions than it answers.
Sully wrote:
And those questions would be?
Maybe why is it that certain people are permitted access to a keyboard?
Highsider
11/20/2015 5:00am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2015 5:01am
Highsider wrote:
Rich Piano wrote:
I think he is more a participator than a spectator.
Agreed, but we do this and ride the amateur days at Nationals and area tracks between SX events.
Gives a real appreciation of the Pros when seeing them on the same track I struggled on.
Paul1PA
11/20/2015 6:36am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2015 6:37am
The moment it happened. Wink

Black gold, Texas tea...congrats Pete!
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/20/2015 7:34am
Very nice to hear about nice things happening to nice people.
Cygnus
11/20/2015 7:36am
Does pete own other property? Valley dirt riders has been closed since mid summer. Heard it was sold to developers to build houses. Maybe that's the fortune he made?
Xracerdone
11/20/2015 8:00am
Berthoud was sold, it is closed, Cygnus is correct
Cygnus
11/20/2015 8:20am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2015 8:20am
Xracerdone wrote:
Under some fishy circumstances also. Danny Walker from American super camp had an investor that was going to pay full price but needed a couple weeks to free up the $ and they sold it to the developers before Danny could round up his $. I'd like to hear more on this oil strike. He'll most of the mineral rights in Colorado have all been bought up years ago. I can't just go drill a bunch of holes on my land trying to hit oil. Some big Corp already owns it.
RPM68
11/20/2015 8:54am
thats so legit!
cloverdale
11/20/2015 3:32pm
cloverdale wrote:

Motoxdoc wrote:
No way! We were pitted across the road from him at the Vet Worlds. The whole group of guys that he was with were totally cool...
No way! We were pitted across the road from him at the Vet Worlds. The whole group of guys that he was with were totally cool. We got a big laugh talking about that visor extender not working quite the way he hoped (The glare from the sun was gnarly at the end of the day). He had a paraplegic buddy with him that was riding a specially equipped bike with a pneumatic shifter. It looked like a bunch of great guys on a MX vacation, and helping a brother in need to keep riding....fuckin awesome! If Pete really struck oil and is destined to be rich, he seemed like a guy that would deserve it!
Yes, he really is a neat guy and his gang will do anything to help a fellow rider...
Boe Kampbell
11/21/2015 4:54am
Pete and I work together, this story is all true. What a great guy and even better mx rider. Now Pete how much are you paying for nice comments?
cloverdale
11/21/2015 5:03am
Pete and I work together, this story is all true. What a great guy and even better mx rider. Now Pete how much are you paying...
Pete and I work together, this story is all true. What a great guy and even better mx rider. Now Pete how much are you paying for nice comments?
I can answer that (I wrote the article). First, let me start by saying how I met Pete. I was leading a race at Keithsburg, Ill back in the day and was attempting to lap Pete for the second time (the entire track was 100% deep sand woops). Instead of pulling aside or holding his line he pulled into me and knocked me out big time. However, Pete being Pete held out his hand to introduce himself while I was trying to gain consciousness!!! Only Pete....
Xracerdone
11/21/2015 6:55am
Xracerdone wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Under some fishy circumstances also. Danny Walker from American super camp had an investor that was going to pay full price but needed a couple weeks...
Under some fishy circumstances also. Danny Walker from American super camp had an investor that was going to pay full price but needed a couple weeks to free up the $ and they sold it to the developers before Danny could round up his $. I'd like to hear more on this oil strike. He'll most of the mineral rights in Colorado have all been bought up years ago. I can't just go drill a bunch of holes on my land trying to hit oil. Some big Corp already owns it.
I heard the rumors of fish deal but no details. If they are drilling for oil they won't be building any homes any time soon. I hope he made out, I know lots of friends & family of friends & so forth made millions back home in North Dakota when oil was found on their farms. Coincidentally the money also tore a lot of family's apart
motocat1
11/21/2015 8:35am
Here's all of Pete's Colorado friends out in California this year. The guy in the orange right of center is the real Jed Clamped. I'll miss petes dedication to keep the track going all these years.

cloverdale
11/21/2015 10:29am
motocat1 wrote:
Here's all of Pete's Colorado friends out in California this year. The guy in the orange right of center is the real Jed Clamped. I'll miss...
Here's all of Pete's Colorado friends out in California this year. The guy in the orange right of center is the real Jed Clamped. I'll miss petes dedication to keep the track going all these years.

Thanks Motocat...I was all set to post Pete's local fan base.... Yes an awesome of group of good time guys (they win)!
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
11/21/2015 10:30am
So did he strike oil on the MX track property, did he sell it to a neighborhood developer or what?
Highsider
11/21/2015 10:32am
motocat1 wrote:
Here's all of Pete's Colorado friends out in California this year. The guy in the orange right of center is the real Jed Clamped. I'll miss...

Awesome.

Post a reply to: Homeless and destitute Colorado MX track owner honored by MXA

The Latest