Holy Shit! Stewart wasn't even breathing hard!

Bauer
Edited Date/Time 6/8/2014 2:22pm
Anyone who says the riders these days aren't putting in way more work training than any of the riders from back in my day is full of shit. Yes, I'm talking about the hard trainers, like Bailey, O'Mara, Glover and Ward, not shleppers like myself. The way the current guys train is efficient, hi-tech and copious...you can't take your helmet off (after getting dogged by Roczen for thirty minutes), wipe your face once and give an interview as though you just rolled out of bed without putting in serious work during the week.

Way to go, James!
|
stangkag
6/7/2014 1:20pm
Fuck Yea. War Stewart come on js7 fans game on let's make 14' MX exciting
Mikkis
6/7/2014 1:35pm
Bauer wrote:
Anyone who says the riders these days aren't putting in way more work training than any of the riders from back in my day is full...
Anyone who says the riders these days aren't putting in way more work training than any of the riders from back in my day is full of shit. Yes, I'm talking about the hard trainers, like Bailey, O'Mara, Glover and Ward, not shleppers like myself. The way the current guys train is efficient, hi-tech and copious...you can't take your helmet off (after getting dogged by Roczen for thirty minutes), wipe your face once and give an interview as though you just rolled out of bed without putting in serious work during the week.

Way to go, James!
First 20 minutes dungey was secondSideways
stangkag
6/7/2014 1:40pm
U have I mentioned I love GL commentating
6/7/2014 1:50pm
Bauer wrote:
Anyone who says the riders these days aren't putting in way more work training than any of the riders from back in my day is full...

Way to go, James!
We noticed that too, Steve. It never fails to amaze me. I do five laps here in Florida and I'm sucking wind like an F-18 with a damaged compressor on a hot day. Then again, 53 is just a couple of months away. Stewart is younger than my oldest son.

The Shop

stangkag
6/7/2014 2:01pm
Bauer wrote:

Way to go, James!
We noticed that too, Steve. It never fails to amaze me. I do five laps here in Florida and I'm sucking wind like an F-18 with...
We noticed that too, Steve. It never fails to amaze me. I do five laps here in Florida and I'm sucking wind like an F-18 with a damaged compressor on a hot day. Then again, 53 is just a couple of months away. Stewart is younger than my oldest son.
I like it !!!
davistld01
6/7/2014 2:07pm
Running up front...got caught by KRoc...regrouped in record time...and pulled away! Not bad for an "old man". To be going at that speed for that long, and still have the physical wherewithal to wick it up and pull away is freaking incredible in my book.

I think we've seen the start of a championship run.

davistld01
6/7/2014 2:16pm
David Pingree (@davidpingree)
6/7/14, 2:53 PM
Not a bead of sweat on @js7 after that Moto win. I don't care how cool it is there I would look like I climbed out Of a pool. Good work.
zook11
6/7/2014 2:23pm
davistld01 wrote:
David Pingree (@davidpingree) 6/7/14, 2:53 PM Not a bead of sweat on @js7 after that Moto win. I don't care how cool it is there I...
Not a bead of sweat on @js7 after that Moto win. I don't care how cool it is there I would look like I climbed out Of a pool. Good work.
He better start working up a sweat because Kenny is killing it out front.
6/7/2014 2:46pm
zook11 wrote:
Save it for the klan rally, Adolf.
davistld01
6/7/2014 2:52pm
davistld01 wrote:
David Pingree (@davidpingree) 6/7/14, 2:53 PM Not a bead of sweat on @js7 after that Moto win. I don't care how cool it is there I...
zook11 wrote:
We'll see how Kenny is killing it come round 10-12. See how he does in the heat.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
6/7/2014 3:43pm
Bauer wrote:

Way to go, James!
It was a little surprising because of the high altitude. Those top guys are in incredible shape!
Big Lenny
6/7/2014 4:03pm
zook11 wrote:
Save it for the klan rally, Adolf.
LaughingLaughing
Big Lenny
6/7/2014 4:05pm
Bauer wrote:

Way to go, James!
gsxrcr28 wrote:
It was a little surprising because of the high altitude. Those top guys are in incredible shape!
According to Jeffro, James is lazy and doesn't train at all... wins on talent alone...
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
6/7/2014 4:12pm
Bauer wrote:

Way to go, James!
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
According to Jeffro, James is lazy and doesn't train at all... wins on talent alone...
Yea that was in the Could Baker... thread. Those were some bizarre post by him, James has always been in great shape when he isn't injured.
Xracer
6/7/2014 7:53pm
davistld01 wrote:
I noticed that too. No fitness issues for James! Kenny was fast today, but he was gasping a bit on the podium and I couldn't help but wonder how he'll do at Red Bud. I think as heat becomes a bigger factor, JS7 and RD5 will become the title contenders...
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
6/7/2014 8:04pm
He pulled away from Dungey at the end of the moto at altitude. He won the second moto at RedBud last year. He''ll be fine
jeffro503
6/7/2014 8:12pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Yea that was in the Could Baker... thread. Those were some bizarre post by him, James has always been in great shape when he isn't injured.
James proved me wrong today for sure. I knew he had the speed to win ( obviously ).....but I didn't think he would of been in good enough shape to ride that hard for 30min +2......surprised the hell out of me.

Great race for James no doubt and I have no problem admitting that or that I was wrong.
dPayne117
6/7/2014 8:21pm
Bauer wrote:

Way to go, James!
Right on. But ... You left out Hannah.
Hank_Thrill
6/7/2014 8:33pm
I honestly thought he was be pretty gassed after that first moto. Whoever is doing his training program is on point!
Trent179
6/7/2014 10:54pm
The competition better step up because JS7 is making huge gains every week... He is going to rip off a series of wins.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
6/8/2014 4:38am
Trent179 wrote:
The competition better step up because JS7 is making huge gains every week... He is going to rip off a series of wins.
But if the competition step up and they are already in front of him wont things just stay the same?

I would much rather see James step up like he did today and Canard also gain just that little bit more and then Metty to find a bit more and have five guys banging bars week in week out for the next 9 rounds Smile

Like all championships after the first quarter of the season the championship contenders are normally clear at the moment it looks like it will be a battle between KR, RD, JS with TC in with a shot, though I would say most people had it pegged that way before the gates dropped on the first moto of the year.
Camp332
6/8/2014 5:36am
Credit has to go to his trainer Pablo Toribio.
Indy mxer
6/8/2014 7:20am
Bauer wrote:

Way to go, James!
We noticed that too, Steve. It never fails to amaze me. I do five laps here in Florida and I'm sucking wind like an F-18 with...
Good point Harry. But your really fast for those 5 laps!

I commented to my wife the same thing last night when they interviewed JS7. Kroc did the same thing after the 2nd moto.
Damn those guys are in good shape. I'd be laying on the ground gasping for air after 15 min or maybe even 10 on that track.

6/8/2014 8:22am
Indy mxer wrote:
Good point Harry. But your really fast for those 5 laps! I commented to my wife the same thing last night when they interviewed JS7. Kroc...

I commented to my wife the same thing last night when they interviewed JS7. Kroc did the same thing after the 2nd moto.
Damn those guys are in good shape. I'd be laying on the ground gasping for air after 15 min or maybe even 10 on that track.

So basically 2 laps and puke.....LOL
Indy mxer
6/8/2014 8:27am
Indy mxer wrote:
Good point Harry. But your really fast for those 5 laps! I commented to my wife the same thing last night when they interviewed JS7. Kroc...

So basically 2 laps and puke.....LOL
Yes. Something like that. lol
6/8/2014 8:30am
Bauer wrote:

Way to go, James!
shleppers like myself

LMAO... Steve it just seems worse now because we have to take breaks and bring a bottle of water just to walk up mount saint helens.
6/8/2014 8:34am
Indy mxer wrote:
At least you have the balls to throw down two good laps.... LOL... Cause i know some guys at the gym that would take 20 minutes just to get a bike started and going forward.
Indy mxer
6/8/2014 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2014 2:23pm
Indy mxer wrote:
At least you have the balls to throw down two good laps.... LOL... Cause i know some guys at the gym that would take 20 minutes...
At least you have the balls to throw down two good laps.... LOL... Cause i know some guys at the gym that would take 20 minutes just to get a bike started and going forward.
Yeah same here. When I go to the gym and see the guys doing nothing but pumping iron and always looking in the mirror I wonder how long they would last on a motocross track. Hell, they can't do 10 min on a treadmill. There's a couple of them at my gym that think they're bad ass.

Post a reply to: Holy Shit! Stewart wasn't even breathing hard!

The Latest