Hold up....France doesn't want Musquin to ride for them at the MXoN?

Edited Date/Time 8/24/2013 10:47am
Too much wine when the selections were made?
|
rangot
7/23/2013 7:45am
That's how we roll !!!
jo2910
7/23/2013 7:49am
Hard to understand. Some speculations:

A) He was asked to ride 450 and wouldn't 'help the team' so they diteched him
Cool He asked from French federation to pay for his cost from US and they said no
C) Plans to get some surgery?
D) They are out of their mind!
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
7/23/2013 7:53am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2013 7:53am
E) Someone was distracting them with a laserpointer when they made that decision.

The Shop

T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
7/23/2013 8:04am
France just has no fight in them. Never have...
rangot
7/23/2013 8:06am
Neither Tixier, Paulin or Charlier ride the French National championship... And French US based riders made the team almost every year.
Gebken40
7/23/2013 8:09am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2013 8:10am
I'm wrong
I wouldn't quite agree with this. I know that in 2000 Team USA had Ryan Hughes on the team and he was only racing GP's at the time. I know other years it has happened but this is the first one that comes to mind. Team USA is going to pick the best available riders at the time of the selection to get the job done no matter where they are riding. The reason US riders don't get picked up out of the GP's is because they simply aren't there... and if they are its because they struggled here in the US and are chasing a paycheck. It would be an advantage if Team USA could pick a rider out of the GP's but they don't have anyone to pick from that is the same caliber of rider they can pick from the US.

Edit: The original quote changed.
7/23/2013 8:09am
Tixier paulin and Charlier are better than him in europe that's why he's not raced on a gp track since last nations why would they wanna pick him
jo2910
7/23/2013 8:15am
Tixier paulin and Charlier are better than him in europe that's why he's not raced on a gp track since last nations why would they wanna...
Tixier paulin and Charlier are better than him in europe that's why he's not raced on a gp track since last nations why would they wanna pick him
Tixier is consistent, Charlier not so much. None of them are faster than Musquin. The guy won a couple of round in the US against Tomac and Roczen! Charlier did one podium in multiple years in GPs
rangot
7/23/2013 8:22am
Tixier paulin and Charlier are better than him in europe that's why he's not raced on a gp track since last nations why would they wanna...
Huumm, maybe because he's by far faster than them ?
7/23/2013 8:22am
Wether he is faster or not is not important he's not raced in Europe for three years if the race was in USA he would be the first name on the teamsheet
1-forty-8
7/23/2013 8:24am
Idiots. Pure and simple.

Same with us and Wilson.

Fucking ridiculous.
rangot
7/23/2013 8:26am
Are you kidding or what ? It's still a MX track, and Marvin is 2 time world champion, remember ?
jo2910
7/23/2013 8:41am
Last time Musquin raced Teuschental he went 1-2
7/23/2013 9:02am
1-forty-8 wrote:
Idiots. Pure and simple.

Same with us and Wilson.

Fucking ridiculous.
fwiw i would not pick Dean this year either.

as for Musquin not being picked - LUDICROUS !

7/23/2013 9:03am
What do you mean Tixier, Paulin & Charlier are better than him in Europe.

He's a two time world champion and as such far more accomplished in Europe than any other current French rider.
Nerd
7/23/2013 9:07am
T-Fish wrote:
France just has no fight in them. Never have...
Tell that to George Washington.
7/23/2013 9:21am
Nerd wrote:
Tell that to George Washington.
There you go with your historical facts and everything. Haha
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/23/2013 10:21am
its so stupid... no one's gonna step up to the US guys now. I mean individually yes, but no team has 3 guys that can stay on top. I hoped for Paulin, Musquin and Frossard (seems like he isnt fit yet tho), that team would have been trouble for the US. Now its boring -.-

And: Last year it was musq,paulin and boog, so Tixier and Charlier, neither of them has mxon experience. Charlier can hardly stay on the bike for 2 races in a row and tixier is consistant but not that fast (he got beaten by guys like petrov and tonkov). I mean ofc he is fast, but musquin would put 20sec on him in a moto, on both of them.

I cant see any reason behind that stupid decision (from sports pov, idk what happened backstage), I guess its just french people being french people... stupid guys
FlaNard
7/23/2013 10:28am
Wether he is faster or not is not important he's not raced in Europe for three years if the race was in USA he would be...
Wether he is faster or not is not important he's not raced in Europe for three years if the race was in USA he would be the first name on the teamsheet
How long have you watched Motocross? Be honest. I understand that its sort of your thing to praise the GP's and shit on the AMA and its riders, but it comes off sometimes like you are less of a troll and more of a guy who just honestly doesn't have much of a clue.
peelout
7/23/2013 10:30am
are you really this dumb or do you just pretend to be on the internet?

i have read some idiotic posts from some posters here and sometimes people say dumb things for no general reason... but almost every one of your posts that i've ever read here are the most idiotically mind numbing shit that i've read on a general forum, and that's saying a lot.
Dirtydane
7/23/2013 10:31am
Wether he is faster or not is not important he's not raced in Europe for three years if the race was in USA he would be...
Haha you cant be that stupid?

The comments you made in this thread is some of the most idiotic things i have read here in a while.

And that my friend is a low for anyone...
Barrett57
7/23/2013 10:33am
You are an absolutely shit troll.
mccread
7/23/2013 11:04am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2013 11:06am
I thought Musquin could have rode the 350 in MX3 with Paulin in MX1 and Tixier MX2. That would have been my team since Frossard is injured and it could have challenged for the trophy.

Saying that Charlier could surprise some people on that 450, he is a big guy and won a moto in MX2 this year. I think he will be an excellent 450 rider in a couple of years.

Tixier is the second fastest rider in MX2 and on his day he could give Marvin a run for his money I think. So the speed difference probably isn't huge between the two. Musquin also did pretty bad last year at the nations too so the team isn't as weak as it looks to the US MX fans.Charlier and Tixier are very fast.

But would Marvin's experience made them stronger? i think so mainly because of experience.Two rookies in the team is quite risky with the pressure of that race and Musquin has already raced and done well on the 350.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/23/2013 12:08pm
@mccread exactly...
marvin stated on his facebook he offered to race the mx3 class and KTM agreed to support him with a 450 or 350.
He has more experience everything than these two young guns. I mean nothing agains charlier and tixier, but neither of them has been at a nations team before and charlier has not ridden the big bike before in such a race - marvin has raced some supercross at least and he has been training with the 350 + he as been at 3 mxon so far.
His bad results... 2 years ago in Lakewood he had one bad moto that was his fault (he was injured before and in that case it really was stupid by the french fed to pick him) and ond technical dnf, and last year it was lommel sand that he has not ridden for several years - still he was 3rd in mx2 behind rocz and baggett

man I wish I had an email or any contact info of the guys that dropped him to tell them my opinion :D
and I also wish Marvin good luck for the 4 remaining nats - may he win as much as possible and make his fellow french dumbasses look like fools for not picking him
7/23/2013 2:23pm
I do not know about the selection but I know 1 thing:

France needs to give RV the French nationality, a house in Saint Tropez and a couple of Italian cars Smile

Here we can win !
PressPassP
7/23/2013 3:15pm
Musquin has gone 8-11 in France and 19-11 in Belgium when he's returned to Europe,they were way below par peformances by his standards but he's struggled in the US during the last 2 years too with one thing or another

He's way more up to speed now as reflected in his AMA results and he has MXdN experience,sure as well as the 350,even though Tixier is way faster this year than he's been before he's a rookie and Musquin may still has the edge on speed
mjskier
7/23/2013 3:54pm
His bad results... 2 years ago in Lakewood he had one bad moto that was his fault

Your memory is failing you. At Lakewood KTM brought a Fuel Injected 250 for the first time, and his kept having issues. (Not sure if Kenny's was also fuel injected, but he kicked major butt that day)

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000102406/features/2010-mxon-race-report/

You need all the power you can get and then some to ride good at that track. Between the altitude induced lack of oxygen and the huge step ups they built for the MxDN, you just can't be screwing around with a sketchy bike.
France had a legitimate chance that weekend but the bike failed them.

Post a reply to: Hold up....France doesn't want Musquin to ride for them at the MXoN?

The Latest