Hinson clutch question

9/10/2015 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2015 6:25pm
On a budget with a 2014 kx250f so I wanted to know do you have to get the complete clutch or can you get the main parts to add to the stock clutch or do you know any other grade A alternatives?
|
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
9/10/2015 1:39pm
Is there something wrong with your clutch ?
Kawisrok
9/10/2015 1:42pm
On my 13 KX250F I just used Hinson steels and fibers, everything else is stock.
Olson
9/10/2015 1:43pm
Kawisrok wrote:
On my 13 KX250F I just used Hinson steels and fibers, everything else is stock.
I did this on my KX450F, Hinsons clutch springs are a lot stiffer than stock.
9/10/2015 3:38pm
langhammx wrote:
Nothing wrong with my stock clutch I would just like a better one but the $1000 price tage for a full hinson is too much since I dont race but I would like a long lasting bike. Just wondering what main parts of the hinson I should buy.

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
9/10/2015 3:42pm
langhammx wrote:
Nothing wrong with my stock clutch I would just like a better one but the $1000 price tage for a full hinson is too much since...
Nothing wrong with my stock clutch I would just like a better one but the $1000 price tage for a full hinson is too much since I dont race but I would like a long lasting bike. Just wondering what main parts of the hinson I should buy.
I wouldn't waste any money on ANY Hinson parts, until you "need" them, but their baskets and pressure plates reduce grooving, once yours is due for replacement. Spending a $1000 on a complete clutch will NOT make your clutch work any better than a stock one.
Mx_Pain
9/10/2015 4:11pm
I bought the spring, fiber and steel package for my kxf450.
Works perfect and it is a big improvment on the wear and tear compared too stock.
9/10/2015 4:17pm
Hinson Basket worth its weight in gold, used to rip the standard ones straight out of my CRF450s before even running them in (the OEM ones were absolutely rubbish). Just the basket alone cured problems with clutch fade and notched baskets.
YZBooster
9/10/2015 5:03pm
langhammx wrote:
Nothing wrong with my stock clutch I would just like a better one but the $1000 price tage for a full hinson is too much since...
langhammx wrote:
I wouldn't waste any money on ANY Hinson parts, until you "need" them, but their baskets and pressure plates reduce grooving, once yours is due for...
I wouldn't waste any money on ANY Hinson parts, until you "need" them, but their baskets and pressure plates reduce grooving, once yours is due for replacement. Spending a $1000 on a complete clutch will NOT make your clutch work any better than a stock one.
^This^, and I finally replaced a portion of my clutch along with the little trans wheel mechanism that had a tendency to go bad on my '06 YZ450F: Hinson basket, OEM plates/fiber/springs, rest remained original OEM. Yes, ten (10) solid years...
kkawboy14
9/10/2015 5:42pm
You could just purchase their springs if your current clutch is ok!
9/10/2015 6:09pm
Or you could just use a good oil and change it regularly. Why would you want a stiffer clutch? And Kawie makes some of the best OEM clutches in the biz. Just ride the thing and replace the OEM plates and springs every 6 months if your so worried, and get a Hinson basket if you actually groove yours. And burn your money at the titty bar! More fun.
YZBooster
9/10/2015 6:25pm
Or you could just use a good oil and change it regularly. Why would you want a stiffer clutch? And Kawie makes some of the best...
Or you could just use a good oil and change it regularly. Why would you want a stiffer clutch? And Kawie makes some of the best OEM clutches in the biz. Just ride the thing and replace the OEM plates and springs every 6 months if your so worried, and get a Hinson basket if you actually groove yours. And burn your money at the titty bar! More fun.
^This as well^
Korte627
5/3/2017 10:42am
I have a full Hinson clutch in my bike, does anyone know if i can put the Rekluse EXP 3.0 (auto-clutch) into the full Hinson basket? Trying to figure out if I can just get away with that over a full Rekluse clutch kit because the price is $400 compared to $900 to make it an auto clutch. I know the EXP 3.0's fit into stock baskets just wondering if anyone knows if they fit into the Hinson baskets as well?

Thanks
mxbrian15
5/3/2017 10:51am
Korte627 wrote:
I have a full Hinson clutch in my bike, does anyone know if i can put the Rekluse EXP 3.0 (auto-clutch) into the full Hinson basket...
I have a full Hinson clutch in my bike, does anyone know if i can put the Rekluse EXP 3.0 (auto-clutch) into the full Hinson basket? Trying to figure out if I can just get away with that over a full Rekluse clutch kit because the price is $400 compared to $900 to make it an auto clutch. I know the EXP 3.0's fit into stock baskets just wondering if anyone knows if they fit into the Hinson baskets as well?

Thanks
Yes. It will fit.
mxbrian15
5/3/2017 10:52am
langhammx wrote:
I wouldn't waste any money on ANY Hinson parts, until you "need" them, but their baskets and pressure plates reduce grooving, once yours is due for...
YZBooster wrote:
^This^, and I finally replaced a portion of my clutch along with the little trans wheel mechanism that had a tendency to go bad on my...
^This^, and I finally replaced a portion of my clutch along with the little trans wheel mechanism that had a tendency to go bad on my '06 YZ450F: Hinson basket, OEM plates/fiber/springs, rest remained original OEM. Yes, ten (10) solid years...
This x2! Don't waste your money on that clutch until you need it. Proper maintenance first.

Post a reply to: Hinson clutch question

The Latest