Hill back to Pro Circuit

yurcho44
Racer X observations says Hill will be going back to PC next year.
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/22/2016 7:30am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2016 7:30am
yurcho44 wrote:
Wow... I would be extremely surprised at that move... Considering I was told Hill was benched at the end of his time with PC...
Olson
6/22/2016 8:05am
yurcho44 wrote:
Jonah...

The Shop

6/22/2016 8:08am
Which Hill?
IWreckALot wrote:
I believe Josh is retired and possibly pointed out of the 250's. Justin most likely.
Yeah that's why I was asking.. .Last I saw Josh was working for Monster as a Marketing guy, but he was riding and getting help from PC a short time before his Yamaha ride in 2015, and I know Josh wanted to represent the pc450 team, but Mitch is too focused on winning another 250 title. It wouldn't have surprised me either way that Josh or Justin got another PC ride. They both have good relationships inside the PC tent.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
6/22/2016 8:21am
Yeah that's why I was asking.. .Last I saw Josh was working for Monster as a Marketing guy, but he was riding and getting help from...
Yeah that's why I was asking.. .Last I saw Josh was working for Monster as a Marketing guy, but he was riding and getting help from PC a short time before his Yamaha ride in 2015, and I know Josh wanted to represent the pc450 team, but Mitch is too focused on winning another 250 title. It wouldn't have surprised me either way that Josh or Justin got another PC ride. They both have good relationships inside the PC tent.
Josh has a good paying gig with Monster. He's not coming back to racing.
MX Culture
6/22/2016 8:30am
Yeah that's why I was asking.. .Last I saw Josh was working for Monster as a Marketing guy, but he was riding and getting help from...
GD2 wrote:
Josh has a good paying gig with Monster. He's not coming back to racing.
Maybe some Monster influence
GD2
Fantasy
815th
6/22/2016 8:30am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2016 8:33am
Here's the bit from observations.

"6 42 Mitchell Oldenburg Alvord, TX KTM 250 SX-F FE 7 7- Oldenburg was on a try-out basis but with Frye’s injury, I’d look for him to stay with TLD the rest of the year. As far as teammate Justin Hill, I’d expect a milk carton to come out with his photo on it and a “Missing” caption. I don’t think he’s not going to ride for TLD the rest of the year and from what I hear, it’s not just an injury. Look for Hill to be back on Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki next year and once again, I shake my head at riders/parents/teams in this sport"

Not related to this topic, but Matthes has also said Bowers may fill in for Josh Grant at Monster Kawi.
Sully22
6/22/2016 8:32am
GD2 wrote:
Here's the bit from observations. "6 42 Mitchell Oldenburg Alvord, TX KTM 250 SX-F FE 7 7- Oldenburg was on a try-out basis but with Frye’s...

"6 42 Mitchell Oldenburg Alvord, TX KTM 250 SX-F FE 7 7- Oldenburg was on a try-out basis but with Frye’s injury, I’d look for him to stay with TLD the rest of the year. As far as teammate Justin Hill, I’d expect a milk carton to come out with his photo on it and a “Missing” caption. I don’t think he’s not going to ride for TLD the rest of the year and from what I hear, it’s not just an injury. Look for Hill to be back on Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki next year and once again, I shake my head at riders/parents/teams in this sport"

Not related to this topic, but Matthes has also said Bowers may fill in for Josh Grant at Monster Kawi.
what's the last line, "I shake my head at riders/parents/teams in this sport" all about?
mxbrian15
6/22/2016 8:49am
GD2 wrote:
Here's the bit from observations. "6 42 Mitchell Oldenburg Alvord, TX KTM 250 SX-F FE 7 7- Oldenburg was on a try-out basis but with Frye’s...

Sully22 wrote:
what's the last line, "I shake my head at riders/parents/teams in this sport" all about?
I'd assume it has something to do with Hill not racing the rest of the series with TLD, but not because of an injury. Kinda like how he feels about Mookie's situation.

Just a guess.
mb60
6/22/2016 8:53am
Sully22 wrote:
I'm guessing since he was benched at PC before. Why would they think he is any different now ?

My question is if he is going back to pc who is out ?

Forkner

A.C

JS37

Bowers

Allridge

Hill

That is 6 riders on the list.
6/22/2016 8:53am
GD2 wrote:

Sully22 wrote:
mxbrian15 wrote:
I'd assume it has something to do with Hill not racing the rest of the series with TLD, but not because of an injury. Kinda like...
I'd assume it has something to do with Hill not racing the rest of the series with TLD, but not because of an injury. Kinda like how he feels about Mookie's situation.

Just a guess.
Team A gets rid of or lets a rider go because they are not seen as "worth it"
Team B takes rider and sees limited success with him
Team B send rider to Team C to focus on the 450 program and rider, again, sees limited success
Team A says "You know what? We could use him!" as if everything that has transpired since he originally left Team A will magically fix itself and they have found their diamond in the rough.
Sully22
6/22/2016 8:58am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2016 8:58am
GD2 wrote:

Sully22 wrote:
mxbrian15 wrote:
I'd assume it has something to do with Hill not racing the rest of the series with TLD, but not because of an injury. Kinda like...

Just a guess.
totally get that....I was curious if their was an issue with Hill and his parents and TLD as it was all in the same sentence.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
6/22/2016 8:58am
mb60 wrote:
I'm guessing since he was benched at PC before. Why would they think he is any different now ? My question is if he is going...
I'm guessing since he was benched at PC before. Why would they think he is any different now ?

Forkner

A.C

JS37

Bowers

Allridge

Hill

AC and Forkner are already signed for next year. Joey's contract is up but expected to resign for next year. Aldridge, Tonus and Bowers are all up and of those 3 the only person maybe staying is Bowers.

That's what I've gathered from listening to Pulp MX over the past few months.
Starcrossed
6/22/2016 9:04am
If Hill can stay healthy for either of the 250SX divisions, he's definitely a threat to win a championship. He may agree to a SX only deal, and not compete outdoors this year. I can see where that would be attractive to Mitch. Supposedly, he didn't want Bowers for outdoors. If Hill ends up on another team, there's a good chance he'll win a title for somebody else.
gt80rider
6/22/2016 11:09am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2016 11:10am
If Hill can stay healthy for either of the 250SX divisions, he's definitely a threat to win a championship. He may agree to a SX only...
If Hill can stay healthy for either of the 250SX divisions, he's definitely a threat to win a championship. He may agree to a SX only deal, and not compete outdoors this year. I can see where that would be attractive to Mitch. Supposedly, he didn't want Bowers for outdoors. If Hill ends up on another team, there's a good chance he'll win a title for somebody else.
Good to see someone is looking positive for Hill after the train wreck this season has been....

IMO there are just too many fast up-and-comers to waste the resources on someone who has proven time and again they are not championship material... Hill has the speed for sure on occasion, but he needs some massive changes to win a #1 plate....

OldPro277
6/22/2016 11:19am
yurcho44 wrote:
Olson wrote:
Jonah...
I just spit out my ice tea.Laughing Of course ,I laugh at stupid shit
kkawboy14
6/22/2016 11:32am
Sully22 wrote:
mb60 wrote:
I'm guessing since he was benched at PC before. Why would they think he is any different now ? My question is if he is going...

Forkner

A.C

JS37

Bowers

Allridge

Hill

Awesome now maybe we can have 1 rider healthy all the time!
WVUpetro2013
6/22/2016 12:12pm
yurcho44 wrote:
Olson wrote:
Jonah...
OldPro277 wrote:
I just spit out my ice tea.Laughing Of course ,I laugh at stupid shit
I heard with Anderson and Dungey out, Aldon is letting Jonah tag along for free.

OldPro277
6/22/2016 12:15pm
Hmmmm maybe Olson IS on to something ,lol
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/22/2016 12:17pm
I can say I have a better chance at filling in on the Yosh team for James than he has for being back on TLD.
Sully22
7/23/2016 12:11pm
GD2 wrote:

I thought the rumor was he was benched/kicked of the team and wasn't coming back this year....Does this mean Matthes was wrong in his observation? Apologies if this was discussed somewhere else...
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/23/2016 12:43pm
seth505 wrote:
I can say I have a better chance at filling in on the Yosh team for James than he has for being back on TLD.
Shocked
Sully22
7/23/2016 1:41pm
seth505 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Shocked
I missed that one...guess quite a few people were wrong, really really wrong, in their assessment of the Hill situation at KTM. I know it's a local track for him, but Hill is the top KTM right now in Moro 1 sitting in 8 with a few minutes left.

Post a reply to: Hill back to Pro Circuit

The Latest