Ok, might not be exactly moto, but the line about shoes certainly can be

https://youtu.be/bz3D-Y_4m8A
|
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
4/21/2017 7:40am
Hahahaha

I just had that same EXACT conversation with my wife last night about why I put a deposit down on a new Discovery. She's gonna laugh when she sees this......in a few months after my new truck is safely parked in my driveway.

The Shop

wreckitrandy
4/21/2017 8:20am
Should be made to ride in the bicycle lane. How are other motorists supposed to know you're even on the road? Loud pipes save lives......
FWYT
4/21/2017 8:26am
That was pretty well done!!! Smile

You know, on the subject of electric bikes, yesterday I was over on Fiesta Island here in San Diego. It's just a junky piece of land but it is definitely a park land. I saw a dad out with his 7 year old son. The kid had full gear on and was tooling around on a cheap, electric mini bike while dad kept a watchful eye. They were in an area kind of out of sight of the general public. Talked to dad some and he is not familiar with anything moto at all but his son is STOKED to go riding. There's no way dad is going to get a 65, mix gas, go to the track, etc. but the electric bike allows him to take his kid riding close by and with ease. Yes, probably still not very legal by the letter of the park rules but obviously much less risky than a motorized bike. Thought it was damn cool.
JBecker 72
4/21/2017 8:28am
That's why I want an Alta. You could ride it way more places. ^
JRT812
4/21/2017 10:45am
hahaha great ad. Honestly, cant tell ya how many times I have done them same thing.
bents
Fantasy
909th
4/21/2017 11:12am
I wish I would have seen this ad before I came home with a previously unannounced, not discussed at all, brand new Yamaha YZ250F 2 days ago. I could have used some help with this one. She has yet to acknowledge the roses...maybe because they are yellow, you know, as in too chicken to tell her I was coming home with a bike yellow?
ledger
4/21/2017 12:16pm
Haha, was awesome, he sounds like Clint Eastwood @ 2:13.
JRT812
4/21/2017 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2017 1:35pm
bents wrote:
I wish I would have seen this ad before I came home with a previously unannounced, not discussed at all, brand new Yamaha YZ250F 2 days...
I wish I would have seen this ad before I came home with a previously unannounced, not discussed at all, brand new Yamaha YZ250F 2 days ago. I could have used some help with this one. She has yet to acknowledge the roses...maybe because they are yellow, you know, as in too chicken to tell her I was coming home with a bike yellow?
It was a great add, but don't be fooled.... it never works based off my experience. You put this ace in your back pocket because you can't use it often and only on select purchases. Take your lumps... tell her that she is correct and that you're sorry for purchasing the bike. Now tell her you will list the bike to sell. Ad needs to have a stupid price or something, but you can happily show her the listing in the upcoming weeks when she asks if it has sold. Nope it hasn't, but you're doing your best to reconcile the issue you caused. Eventually, she will move on... usually after she has bought something.

Enjoy the ride.
wreckitrandy
4/21/2017 2:44pm
bents wrote:
I wish I would have seen this ad before I came home with a previously unannounced, not discussed at all, brand new Yamaha YZ250F 2 days...
JRT812 wrote:
It was a great add, but don't be fooled.... it never works based off my experience. You put this ace in your back pocket because you...
It was a great add, but don't be fooled.... it never works based off my experience. You put this ace in your back pocket because you can't use it often and only on select purchases. Take your lumps... tell her that she is correct and that you're sorry for purchasing the bike. Now tell her you will list the bike to sell. Ad needs to have a stupid price or something, but you can happily show her the listing in the upcoming weeks when she asks if it has sold. Nope it hasn't, but you're doing your best to reconcile the issue you caused. Eventually, she will move on... usually after she has bought something.

Enjoy the ride.
Eh.... 5 months for permission or, 5 days for forgiveness. Just don't tell her, 'I worked that money out, I'll spend however I want.' I tried that with my first wife. That one doesn't work in your favor, long term.
bents
Fantasy
909th
4/21/2017 8:22pm
Thanks boys. All good. My wife is a keeper. I came clean and she did love the roses. Honest to Pete, next new bike, I'm going to clear it first!! Now I just have to get out and ride!
FTB
4/21/2017 10:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2017 10:30pm
I have 3 bikes ATM, all new. My wife bought all 3 for me. It's all in the training.
Ron_Shuler
4/21/2017 10:30pm
I actually got to ride a Zero bike a couple of years ago and it was stupid fast and quick too I was really impressed
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/21/2017 11:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2017 11:51pm
That was a great commercial!

As a side note, I wish the electric vehicle promoters would quell the use of the term "more environmentally friendly". BTW, Im a proponent of electric vehicles, like Alta, etc.
wreckitrandy
4/22/2017 5:29am
FTB wrote:
I have 3 bikes ATM, all new. My wife bought all 3 for me. It's all in the training.
You should write a book. Seriously.
BobPA
4/22/2017 5:31am
Should be made to ride in the bicycle lane. How are other motorists supposed to know you're even on the road? Loud pipes save lives......
Loud pipes make the public hate motorcycles....
Bultaco
4/22/2017 5:39am
I've noticed that too. It seems like everyday Goldwing and BMW owners are being buried. WhistlingWhistling If only they'd had "loud pipes". BlinkBlink

Fourth_Floor
4/22/2017 6:10am
On the topic of Zero, why don't they make an MX bike anymore??
stone881
4/22/2017 6:37am
On the topic of Zero, why don't they make an MX bike anymore??
Because their bikes were/are garbage. I was a rep in the MX industry about a decade ago and could see the vision of the electric mx bike. I got 2 demos of their "MX" bike and they were cool to rip around the city and on mtb trails, but not a moto track. The founder Neil Saiki had worked for NASA with electric motors etc and after that designed bicycles for Santa Cruz. Unfortunately he built the bikes from the perspective of MTB not Moto.

My buddies and I had bent the frames in within about a week, the wheels and suspension were garbage and throttle was too delayed to make it any good for moto. The first iteration of the street bike was a big step in the right direction, but still not worth the high price tag.

Certainly they have made improvements, at least I hope with all of the millions of dollars they have been given. But after my experience with the first Zeros, on a scale of 1-10 my opinion of them is still about a zero.

Alta on the other hand, that is what I have been hoping for. Backyard MX is coming to a neighborhood near you!
4/22/2017 7:12am
bents wrote:
LMAO I remember my first time bringing a bike home. It might was well been another woman. since then I have done it 3 more times.

Cant wait till she finds out about the 2 new bikes and 2 firearms I bought recently..........
4/22/2017 8:19am
By looking with their eyes? I've never seen someone drive by sound...

Post a reply to: Hilarious new zero motorcycle ad

The Latest