High Point penalties

motomike137
6/13/2011 7:50am
JustMX wrote:
We simply can't allow loose or flopping visors and the safety risk they can cause to participants riding 60+ hp machines at high rates of speed...
We simply can't allow loose or flopping visors and the safety risk they can cause to participants riding 60+ hp machines at high rates of speed over rough, rutted, and jump filled terrain.

what is obviously needed here is a new AMA rule.

I suggest the following:

All helmet visors must be secured as follows:

Threadlock is required on all screws and/or hardware securing the visor.

In addition a silicone adhesive must be used to reduce vibration. This must be covered by "duct tape.

Finally, safety wire or cable must be attached to the visor and secured to the helmet as a safety backup should the above measures fail to secure the visor.

Product reps that fail to comply will be penalized.

Penalities range from trash crew work to porta potti cleaning at the national where the infraction happened.
x2!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/13/2011 8:20am
Trust me...there are situations (like a crash) where you *want* the visor mounts to fail. Otherwise, it just turns into a giant lever exerting force on your neck and spine. Easy translation? That's a bad thing.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/13/2011 8:22am
Guyb, did you get any photos of those jokers on the two strokes?
Check pit bits.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/13/2011 9:00am
calimxer91 wrote:
Wardrobe is more important in this sport than any other.IMO
Try telling that to this guy.

The Shop

Skinnly
6/13/2011 9:00am
Somebody was waving .Goose maybe?
Overdrive
6/13/2011 10:13am
Wheres this Tittybaby raceway you speak of. I might like to check it out!
Switch
6/13/2011 4:43pm
Switch wrote:
He told you to STFU so you better STFU.. can't you tell he's a badass??

Laughing
BobbyM wrote:
you dork...you disagree with what bauer posted?
"whiny fucking garbage from a bigger bunch of crybaby pussies than the shit that you candy-assed, never-raced, sit-at-home motherfucking bitches "

Blink .............. Blink
JustMX
6/13/2011 8:38pm
calimxer91 wrote:
Don't look at the palms of his hands when he waves his arms.....

You will be HIPMOTIZED
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
6/14/2011 1:13am
calimxer91 wrote:
JustMX wrote:

You will be HIPMOTIZED
looked like he was just doing his anteater impersonation

robkinuk
6/14/2011 4:24am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2011 9:03am
calimxer91 wrote:
JustMX wrote:

You will be HIPMOTIZED
Ryan doing his best Jesus crucifiction pose! Shocked Look he's even marked where the Roman soldiers can hammer in the nails!WinkLaughingLaughing
JustMX
6/14/2011 6:39am
you think maybe Reed is thinking..

."WTF.......Ryan is getting desperate, now he is trying distract me like one of those nuts behind the backboards at college basketball games."
6/14/2011 7:45am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2011 7:47am
Bauer wrote:
I have never in my life read so much whiny fucking garbage from a bigger bunch of crybaby pussies than the shit that you candy-assed, never-raced...
I have never in my life read so much whiny fucking garbage from a bigger bunch of crybaby pussies than the shit that you candy-assed, never-raced, sit-at-home motherfucking bitches are spitting up in this thread. SHUT THE FUCK UP! Davey answered your question and other people have posted the part in the rulebook that pertains to it. It was John Gallagher's call (or Jeff Canfield's, or whoever the AMA official was that made it) and that's that.

We're not talking about a 100% Pro Payback night race at the local TittyBaby Raceway, where they'll hold the start for seven minutes while your toothless cousins push you around trying to bump-start your Combat Wombat with a fouled plug. This is an AMA National, where Beeker gives Dungey a new Fox helmet in between motos and his goggle guy swaps out the pair he wore on the sighting lap for a brand new pair for the start. I realized on the starting line that I had forgotten my goggles a couple of times during my racing career and no one held the race up for me...and they weren't even at Nationals. I raced with out them. BFD. Get over it, people!
I think I am going to have to make some of this my new sig. Thank you sir.
The Rock
6/15/2011 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2011 5:55pm
mom241 wrote:
Suzuki does not touch his goggles, helmet, boots, ... That is handled by the repective reps.
Hope 500Guyu doesn't read your post.

EDIT: Bauer it wasn't John Gallagher's call as he is the FIM rep at SX. I assume it was Jeff Canfield's call.
Bauer
6/15/2011 7:04pm
The Rock wrote:
Hope 500Guyu doesn't read your post. EDIT: Bauer it wasn't John Gallagher's call as he is the FIM rep at SX. I assume it was Jeff...
Hope 500Guyu doesn't read your post.

EDIT: Bauer it wasn't John Gallagher's call as he is the FIM rep at SX. I assume it was Jeff Canfield's call.
I know John is the FIM rep at SX and I mentioned Canfield in my post. One thing I want to add and I hope it doesn't get this lameass thread restarted, but though I agree that it would have been ridiculous to hold the start for Dungey's visor, they should have red-flagged the race that Alessi jumped the gate in and restarted it, with no penalty to Mike. Here's why: I look at it as a gate malfunction. The whole idea behind those individual gates is that they are supposed to stop anyone from jumping and as a function of that penalize them by way of trapping the wheel. Mike just got lucky and the gate broke, which impacted Byrne. In a perfect world an official would have seen that and restarted the race. Since they didn't, they had to determine what sort of penalty to assess on MH,

Tough call, but even after they dropped the ball on red-flagging it, the penalty definitely should have been steeper than one position.
wardy
6/15/2011 9:19pm
LOL didn't want to take the 20 minutes to put the gate back in place and try to rebend it . or run all over the place to find the back up gate over in the shed.......... easier to dock the guy a position.

Smile
JustMX
6/15/2011 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2011 9:47pm
I would bet that the gate at High Point, like most out there, has changed from the 1/2 pins that come with the gate, to 1/4 bolts.

This change started happening about 15 years ago, and the first place that it happened was most likely LL's.

This Prevents damage to the gate or whatever it is anchored to if someone really jumps the gun and nails the gate.

I remember one time in Supercross Qualifying (for you youngsters, that was before the timed qualifying BS we have to suffer now) A rider hit it so hard that it pulled the gate out of the ground. I am thinking it was Jeff Glass, and was maybe at Miami.

The disadvantage is that sometimes the gate loop gets to take a little ride.

It is hard to believe that such a blatant jump only warrants a one position penalty.

Kind of reminds me of a up and coming pro rider from TN, Kenny Kizzar.

Back in the late 80's Kizzar went down to the Florida Winter-AMs.

Well, Kizzar had been getting smoked on his starts and was struggling to break the top 10. He realized that he had good speed and could improve his finishes by a bunch if he could just get a better start.

They announced at the rider's meeting that if a rider jumped the gate they would be penalized a position.

Come time for the start of the first moto. The card goes sideway and Kizzar goes. He makes it across the gate and has 50' on the rest of the field. He runs up front batlling with Keith Bowen and all the Florida sand fleas and ends up finishing 3rd place before the one position penalty.

Not a bad deal.

Seems like the best way to fix this problem is to handle it like Dave Coombs Sr. At the riders meeting at LL's he would tell the riders that if they broke the bolts on their starting gate that they had better ride like hell because they were a lap down.

Post a reply to: High Point penalties

The Latest