Hey GuyB?

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:32pm
Read your comment about Jacksonville SX after party and how you couldn't attend as it was time to go to work.
Just wondered what your schedule was like on a SX Saturday, what time you are up and at it, all the postings, photo editing you do and what ungodly hour of the morning you finally get to hit the the close down button on your puter and spend time partying with your trailor full of Monster energy girls?
Okay the last part was fantasy but I'm sure the rest of your day is dammed hard work!Wink
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/22/2011 6:17am
I usually get to the track around 9:30 am, get set up in the press box, and start shooting for Pit Bits. I'll shoot the first two rounds of practice starting at 1:00 pm, then go up and make a first round of photo picks, and open, crop, tweak, and save them in Photoshop. Then I'll go back down to shoot the final round of practice. By then it's 4:30 or 5:00 pm, and I'll make final photo selections, upload them, write captions, and publish it. Lunch might be a couple Muscle Milks, and dinner gets thrown in there somewhere, too.

From there it's getting close to 7:00 pm, and time to go shoot opening ceremonies and the night show. That goes on until 10:30 or so. You grab podium interviews, head back to the press box and start working on results and photos, and the process from earlier starts all over again. I usually try and post a Must-See Photo (or photos), have my results typed up, and a first round of photo picks done by the time I leave the track around 12:30 or 1:00 am. Then it's a quick fourth meal (thanks for that phrase, Taco Bell), and back to the hotel for a few hours. Sleep? Nope. That happens on the plane afterwards. Once I've gone through all the photos, cropped, tweaked, resized and saved, they get uploaded, and I work on the race report. Once that's published, I'll go back and write captions for all the Photo Blast photos.

For Jacksonville, I finished all that up around 3:45 am, grabbed a quick shower, and headed for the airport for a 5:30 flight home.
Digger437
3/22/2011 6:41am
Awesome! I don't know how you do it? That is a crap load of work to do in one day. I rode for a 3-4 hours on Saturday with my son and had to sleep in until 9am Sunday just so I could get out of bed. haha

Thanks for all the hard work Gibby. I know not many people say it, but the pit bits, photo blasts and recaps are the best part of VitalMX!

Doug
rocrac
3/22/2011 6:42am
GuyB wrote:
I usually get to the track around 9:30 am, get set up in the press box, and start shooting for Pit Bits. I'll shoot the first...
I usually get to the track around 9:30 am, get set up in the press box, and start shooting for Pit Bits. I'll shoot the first two rounds of practice starting at 1:00 pm, then go up and make a first round of photo picks, and open, crop, tweak, and save them in Photoshop. Then I'll go back down to shoot the final round of practice. By then it's 4:30 or 5:00 pm, and I'll make final photo selections, upload them, write captions, and publish it. Lunch might be a couple Muscle Milks, and dinner gets thrown in there somewhere, too.

From there it's getting close to 7:00 pm, and time to go shoot opening ceremonies and the night show. That goes on until 10:30 or so. You grab podium interviews, head back to the press box and start working on results and photos, and the process from earlier starts all over again. I usually try and post a Must-See Photo (or photos), have my results typed up, and a first round of photo picks done by the time I leave the track around 12:30 or 1:00 am. Then it's a quick fourth meal (thanks for that phrase, Taco Bell), and back to the hotel for a few hours. Sleep? Nope. That happens on the plane afterwards. Once I've gone through all the photos, cropped, tweaked, resized and saved, they get uploaded, and I work on the race report. Once that's published, I'll go back and write captions for all the Photo Blast photos.

For Jacksonville, I finished all that up around 3:45 am, grabbed a quick shower, and headed for the airport for a 5:30 flight home.
Damn that's a hell of a schedule thank God for the high six figure income and Monster girl hot tub parties Smile
Tbteam
3/22/2011 6:48am
GuyB wrote:
I usually get to the track around 9:30 am, get set up in the press box, and start shooting for Pit Bits. I'll shoot the first...

You left out this part: "Then, I typically run into tbteam,exchange hellos, talk about the afternoon practice sessions and then shake hands and say goodbye".

Good seeing you, Steve.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/22/2011 6:49am
rocrac wrote:
Damn that's a hell of a schedule thank God for the high six figure income and Monster girl hot tub parties Smile
Well, at least you got the hell of a schedule part right. Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/22/2011 7:10am
Tbteam wrote:
You left out this part: "Then, I typically run into tbteam,exchange hellos, talk about the afternoon practice sessions and then shake hands and say goodbye". Good...
You left out this part: "Then, I typically run into tbteam,exchange hellos, talk about the afternoon practice sessions and then shake hands and say goodbye".

Good seeing you, Steve.
Ah yep, I did neglect that detail. Good seeing you as well. Smile
flarider
3/22/2011 7:22am
and he left off the part "I avoid EID, and if I see him, I change direction"
huck
3/22/2011 7:43am
Good thing this message board runs so smoothly and you don't have to spend any time checking on it....
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/22/2011 7:47am
flarider wrote:
and he left off the part "I avoid EID, and if I see him, I change direction"
And when did I do that, fatty?
Camp332
3/22/2011 8:08am
I'll never forget when I saw Gibby at the Red Bull area during the MXoN 2007, and said "New Jersey loves you Gibby!"... Steve immidiately put his camera down, and was ready to throw a right hook at me. He said "I thought you were Ringer, and I was going to have to fight". Then, he realized I was much better looking than Ringer, and started to chat with me.

Fiesty guy, that Gibby!
lumpy790
3/22/2011 8:17am
I thought it was just me he avoided Wink

Funny I think we met briefly once but have been to 3 SX's this year......and a bunch last year....and the year before....plus Nationals and I only ever see you when your shooting on the track. WE even swung by your trailer at Steel city after the race. LOL

See you at St Louis or Vegas.......or out doors.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/22/2011 8:45am
flarider wrote:
You didn't, I made it up
Ah, good, I was wondering. Smile
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/22/2011 8:47am
Camp332 wrote:
I'll never forget when I saw Gibby at the Red Bull area during the MXoN 2007, and said "New Jersey loves you Gibby!"... Steve immidiately put...
I'll never forget when I saw Gibby at the Red Bull area during the MXoN 2007, and said "New Jersey loves you Gibby!"... Steve immidiately put his camera down, and was ready to throw a right hook at me. He said "I thought you were Ringer, and I was going to have to fight". Then, he realized I was much better looking than Ringer, and started to chat with me.

Fiesty guy, that Gibby!
Now I'd just say, "Don't taze me, bro." Smile
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/22/2011 8:49am
lumpy790 wrote:
I thought it was just me he avoided ;) Funny I think we met briefly once but have been to 3 SX's this year......and a bunch...

Funny I think we met briefly once but have been to 3 SX's this year......and a bunch last year....and the year before....plus Nationals and I only ever see you when your shooting on the track. WE even swung by your trailer at Steel city after the race. LOL

We? Ah, I wondered who took the shot of Motoclown. Wink
lumpy790
3/22/2011 9:45am
lumpy790 wrote:
I thought it was just me he avoided ;) Funny I think we met briefly once but have been to 3 SX's this year......and a bunch...

GuyB wrote:
We? Ah, I wondered who took the shot of Motoclown. Wink
Me????? Take THE picture?

Never admit to anything.......Cool
bturman
3/22/2011 11:05am
GuyB works his butt off. That's a fact.
jasonv43
3/22/2011 11:10am
GuyB wrote:

You're like the Jack Bauer of motocross. Except without all the violence.

Amazing job you do man. Glad I finally got to meet you at Indy and talk for a minute. Thanks
BobbyM
3/22/2011 11:44am
GuyB wrote:

that's why you get the big buck guyb....Wink
Motodrew295
3/22/2011 11:52am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2011 11:53am
I don't do much flying but I did this last week and I was reminded of how not fun it is. I could see how it would get so old flying so many weekends out of the year. That alone would make someone go nuts, then add in the work load while at the races, and having to babysit this joint, I gotta give some props to BuyG.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/22/2011 11:57am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2011 11:58am
That's part of what made driving around to the Nationals last summer so much fun. Only sporadic trips to the airport.

I did lose Gold status on American, though. Wink
Camp332
3/22/2011 11:58am
Camp332 wrote:
I'll never forget when I saw Gibby at the Red Bull area during the MXoN 2007, and said "New Jersey loves you Gibby!"... Steve immidiately put...

Fiesty guy, that Gibby!
GuyB wrote:
Now I'd just say, "Don't taze me, bro." Smile
That guy was from Florida who said "Don't taze me bro"... close enough I guess. I know a bunch of a$$holes from Florida.
lrantan
3/22/2011 12:04pm
What about the other 6 days you have off? lol
peelout
3/22/2011 12:10pm
where do the hookers and blow come in?

to hell with my dream of being a moto photog/journalist. back to scrubbing the stripper poles and dance floor at American Bush for me
jeffro503
3/22/2011 12:42pm
Well damn Steve....you do have a hectic schedule for sure. I know i appreciate all you do for this site. Just wanted to say thanks.
mxb2
3/22/2011 12:44pm
peelout wrote:
where do the hookers and blow come in? to hell with my dream of being a moto photog/journalist. back to scrubbing the stripper poles and dance...
where do the hookers and blow come in?

to hell with my dream of being a moto photog/journalist. back to scrubbing the stripper poles and dance floor at American Bush for me
I guess its better than cleaning the peep show floors LOL!
therealjonon
3/22/2011 1:27pm
my night job is cleaning the floors of a local strip club.... with my tongue.
mxb2
3/22/2011 1:33pm
Hope its not where they do the lap dances lol!
Camp332
3/22/2011 1:35pm
I've puked, and taken a crap on a strip club floor bro. Your night job sucks, Jonon.
MBBadgers
3/22/2011 1:38pm
lrantan wrote:
What about the other 6 days you have off? lol
Oh you beat me to it. We all know GuyB is a slacker, he only works when he has to, that would be saturday and saturday night. Wink Throw in some Sundays in the summer time for that summer series people talk about.

Post a reply to: Hey GuyB?

The Latest