Hey Dealers: Buying in the next 48 hours, give me your quotes..

mtl
Edited Date/Time 9/10/2015 7:09am
Looking for one of the following:

2015 CRF250R
2016 CRF250R

Looking for them in-crate and shipped to San Francisco area. I will pick up at any terminal, preferable in Brisbane, California. Dealer can handle freight service or I will do it.

If interested send quotes to mtl@mit.edu or call 518-727-4181

Note: I bought a 2015 CRF450R and CRF250R in January out of Michigan, if you're going to give me astronomical quotes please don't waste your valuable time.

-thanks
-mtl
|
mx836
9/2/2015 6:36pm
$20K, you got yourself a deal. I'll even take care of shipping.
TeamGreen
9/2/2015 6:37pm
mtl wrote:
Looking for one of the following: 2015 CRF250R 2016 CRF250R Looking for them in-crate and shipped to San Francisco area. I will pick up at any...
Looking for one of the following:

2015 CRF250R
2016 CRF250R

Looking for them in-crate and shipped to San Francisco area. I will pick up at any terminal, preferable in Brisbane, California. Dealer can handle freight service or I will do it.

If interested send quotes to mtl@mit.edu or call 518-727-4181

Note: I bought a 2015 CRF450R and CRF250R in January out of Michigan, if you're going to give me astronomical quotes please don't waste your valuable time.

-thanks
-mtl
If you're looking for a bike in that specific area, the best dealer I know of is Berkeley Honda

The Shop

9/2/2015 6:40pm
Dealers love to sell bikes this way. They have considered getting rid of brick and mortar dealerships and moving sales to "Moto Related" here on Vital. Seriously they have ....
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
9/2/2015 6:48pm
Dealers love to sell bikes this way. They have considered getting rid of brick and mortar dealerships and moving sales to "Moto Related" here on Vital...
Dealers love to sell bikes this way. They have considered getting rid of brick and mortar dealerships and moving sales to "Moto Related" here on Vital. Seriously they have ....
Ill call my local dealers first thing in the morning and let them know. Think how much money they will make thru Vital
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/2/2015 6:49pm
Give me liberty, or give me death.
jeffro503
9/2/2015 7:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2015 7:20pm
Bro , just send me all the money you can and I'll hook you up with two new bikes. Izzi said he'll back this deal. Besides , I aint sweatin it bro , I'm gonna be rollin' in cash here real soon. I guess I had some long lost relative over in the Philippines that said I had millions that another relative had left me , and all he needed was my bank account #'s and my SS# to deposit the truck loads of cash!...BAM , I'm gonna be rollin' in it here real soon bro! I may just buy everyone on here a new bike!
Camp332
9/2/2015 7:20pm
Is this the new Crossfit way of buying dirtbikes Bro?
racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
9/2/2015 7:41pm
We used to be a 5 line dealer and I will tell you a couple secrets.....1. Dealers do not make a ton of money on new bikes. 2. Most shops will bend over backwards for a loyal customer that calls them first, buys parts and accessories from them and spread the good word about the shop. NOTHING gets under a dealers skin like walking in and saying "So-and-So Powersports will sell me this bike for $8000 out the door, what can you do?" Build a good relationship with a dealer close by and it will pay off for you over the coming years.

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
9/2/2015 7:44pm
We used to be a 5 line dealer and I will tell you a couple secrets.....1. Dealers do not make a ton of money on new...
We used to be a 5 line dealer and I will tell you a couple secrets.....1. Dealers do not make a ton of money on new bikes. 2. Most shops will bend over backwards for a loyal customer that calls them first, buys parts and accessories from them and spread the good word about the shop. NOTHING gets under a dealers skin like walking in and saying "So-and-So Powersports will sell me this bike for $8000 out the door, what can you do?" Build a good relationship with a dealer close by and it will pay off for you over the coming years.

Amen brother. Support the local shop and they will support you. Doesn't happen over night. That is why i drive a few hours often to where i used to live to deal with my old local dealer.
Racerx930
9/2/2015 7:47pm
Back when I worked in dealerships people use to fax in requests for quotes from time to time, just threw them away...
It's kind of like when I list something on craigslist and the first question they ask is "What's your bottom dollar, cash money" As if there is some other type of foreign currency I would accept. Both types of people are just wasting your time.
FI2T
9/2/2015 8:45pm
Vital mx online yard sale!
Titan1
9/2/2015 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2015 9:05pm
We used to be a 5 line dealer and I will tell you a couple secrets.....1. Dealers do not make a ton of money on new...

I don't know of any dealers like that. I've tried to being loyal thing and honestly, every dealer I've ever tried to be loyal too acted like they couldn't care less....so...I shop online...call several dealers, compare out the door prices on the same bike...the one that will sell it to me the cheapest gets my business. I have no use for a dealership outside of selling me the bike...parts are cheaper online, labor is cheaper at local shops...so i don't care if I get under their skin, I just want the lowest price on the bike I can get.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
9/2/2015 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2015 9:20pm
This thread has real potential.

Could go the way one did a couple of months ago when someone was asking about how good a company was and he got called out as being the owner trying to disguise some spam!!
keith101
9/2/2015 9:59pm

You are kidding I hope.

"Dealers don't make a ton of money"...right.

Most dealers are crooks in disguise, so while many have tried the loyal route, dealers are pretty much straight up slime in our book. BTW: Haggling with dealers will be a thing of the past in coming years...sames for Cars, brokers, etc. so get used to it.

h&m_cycle
9/2/2015 10:16pm

imoto34 wrote:
Amen brother. Support the local shop and they will support you. Doesn't happen over night. That is why i drive a few hours often to where...
Amen brother. Support the local shop and they will support you. Doesn't happen over night. That is why i drive a few hours often to where i used to live to deal with my old local dealer.
Hope the local shop says have fun getting parts for it... Then if you can't work on it you are F*cked...
KB221
9/2/2015 10:28pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Bro , just send me all the money you can and I'll hook you up with two new bikes. Izzi said he'll back this deal. Besides...
Bro , just send me all the money you can and I'll hook you up with two new bikes. Izzi said he'll back this deal. Besides , I aint sweatin it bro , I'm gonna be rollin' in cash here real soon. I guess I had some long lost relative over in the Philippines that said I had millions that another relative had left me , and all he needed was my bank account #'s and my SS# to deposit the truck loads of cash!...BAM , I'm gonna be rollin' in it here real soon bro! I may just buy everyone on here a new bike!
sweet!

hey I don't mean to be picky and of course I will be happy with whatever bike you provide but I was really hoping for a FC350 for my new bike thanks
MX Culture
9/3/2015 4:46am
nothing like supporting your local dealer.
congrats
kkawboy14
9/3/2015 4:57am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2015 4:58am
Just for the record....local shops don't stock any parts that I need.
AND they never stock riding gear that fits me.
So I just order the stuff online, I do try the local shop first but in the last 10 years they NEVER have anything I need.
I do get my race fuel and goggles local, oh and race socks
steveada
9/3/2015 5:02am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2015 5:02am
Every time this issue comes up it seems a ton of people have the whole concept of being in business all wrong. The customer needs to suck up to the dealer so he can earn the right to be a customer? I hope none of you guys ever go into business because your business model is a bit backwards.
KTMShane699
9/3/2015 5:15am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2015 5:17am
keith101 wrote:
You are kidding I hope. "Dealers don't make a ton of money"...right. Most dealers are crooks in disguise, so while many have tried the loyal route...
You are kidding I hope.

Most dealers are crooks in disguise, so while many have tried the loyal route, dealers are pretty much straight up slime in our book. BTW: Haggling with dealers will be a thing of the past in coming years...sames for Cars, brokers, etc. so get used to it.

At one point, dealers might have made "okay" money. Now due to people being loyal to only the dollar, dealers are struggling. Last minute oil sales or a tube here and there so someone can ride this weekend aren't enough to keep doors open. That's why so many dealerships fail.

The profit margin on a bike is small. An efficient parts department might hit a 30-35% gross profit margin. Actually, if you can hit 35% you're doing very well. Out of that money, you have to pay employees, rent/mortgage, insurance, taxes, inventory, etc.

There's a huge misunderstanding between the way a dealership really works these days and the money they make and the perceived money they make. Online retailing can work, but it's a huge expense to establish (you can't do it from a brick and mortar store and have it work right). Companies like BTO or Motosport have separate warehouses where the entire business structure is different. Pretty much pick and ship. This is why a lot of times prices vary between online and in-store.

When everyone who walks through the door asks for a "racer discount" or simply clicks online, it becomes difficult to compete. People are quick to just order online so the relationship with the dealer is never made. Then when someone does go to the dealer, they want awesome pricing.

In the case of the OP, he's obviously looking for the cheapest price and has no intention of establishing a relationship with a dealer. So should the dealer give away the profit to sell two bikes knowing he's never going to see the guy again? Sure, he gets two units sold. When there's no profit though, what keeps the lights on?

Wanting the killer deal without offering something in return is incredibly one-sided. It's akin to sponsorship (which is a separate issue in our sport...everyone wants a deal without offering anything in return or knowing about business and promotion) without the rider doing promotion. You have to give to get. And it's not always what the dealer can do for you, but what you can do for the dealer. The dealer will put a value on that and reward you with the discounts you're after...or maybe even some free stuff from time to time when they get it.

I do agree that haggling will be a thing of the past eventually. Actually, I think dealerships may becomes a thing of the past and you'll see a model where people go direct to the manufacturer for everything. You can already see this happening with Alias gear. When Alias began promoting heavily and selling direct to consumers at dealer cost (or even below), it makes it impossible for a dealer to be competitive. The manufacturer doesn't care since their profit dollar is the same if the dealer buys it or the consumer. The only difference is they do a lot of smaller orders instead of bigger dealer orders. The shop I work for actually sent our entire Alias inventory back to them when they kept up with their direct marketing. By going direct, people weren't coming into the shop for the product...and those that were coming in weren't actually coming to buy it, only to see it. So with a direct marketing strategy, the dealer support network falls apart. Now when you need that item in a pinch, it's not there.

Unfortunately, that's the future or moto retail. Dealerships can't stand alone on a manufacturer of motorcycles (with the exception of possibly a KTM boutique store where KTM is the only vendor they deal with). And manufacturers are going direct since nobody is going to the dealership for product. It makes it harder to justify keeping the doors open.

I'm all about saving money, just like the next guy. After all, you don't gain wealth by paying too much for something. But I also understand there's a value in what a dealership provides. For that, I'm willing to pay a little bit extra for.

Shane
Steadman
9/3/2015 6:07am

keith101 wrote:
You are kidding I hope. "Dealers don't make a ton of money"...right. Most dealers are crooks in disguise, so while many have tried the loyal route...
You are kidding I hope.

Keith you are an ignorant asshole.

I have worked for a couple of dealers over the span of 20 years, and I can tell you, they don't make a ton of money. Most dealers make just enough to keep the doors open and a few people employed. There are a few dealers that may be the exception. The last shop I worked in the owner had to remortgage his home just to keep the doors open, and I can tell you, that family were anything but crooks like you make dealers out to be. They also had a good customer base. People liked to deal with them. Not saying there are not any shitty dealers out there either, they do exist, but people like you who portray all dealers as crooks need to shut up. Let me ask, what do you do for a living?

If people on this forum think dealers are rolling in the cash, then why don't you get a job down at your local shop and reap the rewards of the powersports industry, better yet go open your own shop and see how easy and profitable it is. Then come back on this forum and tell everyone about your new secret to making the big money.

Anyone who talks shit about this industry who has never been directly involved in it don't have a pot to piss in. Don't flap your gums about something you don't know anything about.

Anyone who frowns upon a dealer making ANY sort of money needs to take a step back and have a look at themselves. How did YOU get paid this week? Did the company you own or work for make money? Or heavens no, did they make a profit? Is everyone else in the world allowed to make money with the exception of a dealer?

Am I pissed? Obviously. I'm just so sick of the losers are this forum who talk shit and act like they know.

End rant.

Charper732
9/3/2015 6:38am
I don't see anythig wrong with coming on a huge forum like this to get offers from dealers. 2016s are on the way in. Any dealer with 2015 are getting hit with interest from the bank by now with the 2015s they still have on the floor.
Im sure the majority would love to off these units anyway possible to make room for 16s.
Hell there are dealers loosing their ass on brand new units from 2014 STILL on their floor.
If anything this guy will be doing some dealer a favor.
mxtech1
9/3/2015 6:54am
Charper732 wrote:
I don't see anythig wrong with coming on a huge forum like this to get offers from dealers. 2016s are on the way in. Any dealer...
I don't see anythig wrong with coming on a huge forum like this to get offers from dealers. 2016s are on the way in. Any dealer with 2015 are getting hit with interest from the bank by now with the 2015s they still have on the floor.
Im sure the majority would love to off these units anyway possible to make room for 16s.
Hell there are dealers loosing their ass on brand new units from 2014 STILL on their floor.
If anything this guy will be doing some dealer a favor.
Please explain how/why you think dealer salesman are just lurking on Vital MX forums all day looking to submit a quote?

It's a joke that the op even thought this might get any sort of positive response
mtl
9/3/2015 6:55am

On an out of state deal it is the buyers responsibility to register and pay taxes on the bike, not the dealers to collect it.

Situations like this result in a few hundred dollars of negotiating room that are in favor of the dealer as many of these machines get raced, not ridden on roads/OHV areas and are never registered.

I've been a heavy racer for 11 years now and have never bought a bike in state for these reasons. I have also spent $600 in the past few weeks @ East Bay Motorsports to rebuild the motor on my 2015 250F.

All of the clowns shitting on this request because of dealer loyalty should think before typing.
mtl
9/3/2015 7:04am
mxtech1 wrote:
Please explain how/why you think dealer salesman are just lurking on Vital MX forums all day looking to submit a quote? It's a joke that the...
Please explain how/why you think dealer salesman are just lurking on Vital MX forums all day looking to submit a quote?

It's a joke that the op even thought this might get any sort of positive response
1) Several dealers/salesmen have replied to this thread. So they are lurking and reading.

2) How is a post on Vital different than going to http://powersports.honda.com and clicking the "Request a Quote" button?

https://powersports.honda.com/2016/crf250r/quick-quote.aspx

Multi-stream marketing like this yields more potential sales leads, the days of customers walking into stores to buy a product they know everything about are going away. Those in denial may wish to look at the cases of Borders and CompUSA. They didn't evolve to this new fangled internet sales thing and disappeared.

Post a reply to: Hey Dealers: Buying in the next 48 hours, give me your quotes..

The Latest