Hey DC! Now about them 2-strokes

2stroke153
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:03am
I know this is kinda early, but just thought maybe we could get the ball rolling again. You think you might be able to get them 2-strokes a fair chance next year? I got faith in you! Just saying!
|
pie8man
6/11/2010 12:37pm
If we are gonna ask for the impossible here.... Well I would rather have 90's Pam Anderson back on the scene than 90's technology race bikes. Get over it!!
pie8man
6/11/2010 12:38pm
I forgot the sarcasm emoticon... whichever one that is. Smile ~
pie8man
6/11/2010 12:39pm
It's been a week!!! It's time again.

The Shop

2stroke153
6/11/2010 12:42pm
pie8man wrote:
If we are gonna ask for the impossible here.... Well I would rather have 90's Pam Anderson back on the scene than 90's technology race bikes...
If we are gonna ask for the impossible here.... Well I would rather have 90's Pam Anderson back on the scene than 90's technology race bikes. Get over it!!
You seem very disgruntled! I've heard that riding a 2 stroke can put fun back in your life!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/11/2010 12:43pm
He already said no. He said that they will race what the manufactures make and because Yamaha and KTM are the only ones making a 2 stoke it would not be fair to the others. He also said that a fast rider on a 250 stroke would be several seconds faster than a 250 four stroke so no 250 two strokes in the lites class. I disagree with his view but he knows who pays the bills and who calls the shots.
6/11/2010 12:43pm
I still don't see how they claim a 250 2-stroke is to much of an advantage on a 250f, when a 250f is way to much of an advantage vs a 125 2-stroke. So basically they will let a 250f come in a kill a 125 2 stroke and end its existence, but won't let a 250 2 stroke come in and return the favor? Sounds bassackwards to me.......
motomike894
6/11/2010 12:44pm
Its not going to happen, it should

Lites class should allow up to 150cc two strokes

MX class should allow maybe up to 300cc two strokes

or the AMA could maybe have in SX and MX a 125 only class for like new pros/pro-am, that would be sweet, but wont happen either.
DanDunes818
6/11/2010 12:46pm
I agree we need to get a fair rule in place to put the 2 and 4 strokes on an even playing field. Lately though with the introduction of the 350 4 stroke I'm a little confused. I was thinking a 250 2 stroke would match up well with the 350 4 stroke. Although seeing that the 350 competes with the 450 so well it has me thinking that maybe that wouldn't be an even match. personally I think we need to just make it CC for CC and just see where the cards fall.
500guy
6/11/2010 12:47pm
2stroke153 wrote:
I know this is kinda early, but just thought maybe we could get the ball rolling again. You think you might be able to get them...
I know this is kinda early, but just thought maybe we could get the ball rolling again. You think you might be able to get them 2-strokes a fair chance next year? I got faith in you! Just saying!
2 Strokes are dead, get over it
6/11/2010 12:48pm
I agree we need to get a fair rule in place to put the 2 and 4 strokes on an even playing field. Lately though with...
I agree we need to get a fair rule in place to put the 2 and 4 strokes on an even playing field. Lately though with the introduction of the 350 4 stroke I'm a little confused. I was thinking a 250 2 stroke would match up well with the 350 4 stroke. Although seeing that the 350 competes with the 450 so well it has me thinking that maybe that wouldn't be an even match. personally I think we need to just make it CC for CC and just see where the cards fall.
I feel that we, and them both know where they would fall. That's why there has been nothing done but hmmm and hawwww
pie8man
6/11/2010 12:55pm
I am on the fence on my next bike... CRF 50 or a KTM 50... One may count as a 2 stroke that will "put fun back in my life"? Not sure my son will let me ride it but I will try!!

Maybe one of the manufacturers heard DC.... "He said that they will race what the manufactures make". Maybe if they (insert manufacturer here) build a 300 someone will get smoked on it and we will never have this argument again. Wait KTM builds one of those except no one is racing it. I know it's not a race bike but the same results will be had.
Nikhil
6/11/2010 12:58pm
Why not simply allow for increased displacement with the 2 strokes? 4 strokes were given more CCs back when they needed it, so I don't see why the 2 strokes now shouldn't be given the same advantage? Maybe 150cc and 300cc?
2stroke153
6/11/2010 12:59pm
2stroke153 wrote:
I know this is kinda early, but just thought maybe we could get the ball rolling again. You think you might be able to get them...
500guy wrote:
That's what certain OEM's want you to think. But in the mind of everyone else there not dead at all, they just need a fair playing field!
ATKpilot99
6/11/2010 1:03pm
They are dead in motocross but the off road racing world will keep them around for awhile . 250 2 strokes are legal against 250 4 strokes there.
2stroke153
6/11/2010 1:05pm
pie8man wrote:
I am on the fence on my next bike... CRF 50 or a KTM 50... One may count as a 2 stroke that will "put fun...
I am on the fence on my next bike... CRF 50 or a KTM 50... One may count as a 2 stroke that will "put fun back in my life"? Not sure my son will let me ride it but I will try!!

Maybe one of the manufacturers heard DC.... "He said that they will race what the manufactures make". Maybe if they (insert manufacturer here) build a 300 someone will get smoked on it and we will never have this argument again. Wait KTM builds one of those except no one is racing it. I know it's not a race bike but the same results will be had.
If your son decides to let you ride one of his bikes, definitley choose the ktm50. It will smoke the crf!! Have fun.
500guy
6/11/2010 1:05pm
2stroke153 wrote:
500guy wrote:
2stroke153 wrote:
That's what certain OEM's want you to think. But in the mind of everyone else there not dead at all, they just need a fair playing...
That's what certain OEM's want you to think. But in the mind of everyone else there not dead at all, they just need a fair playing field!
in the minds of the guy's wearing tin foil hats maybe
6/11/2010 1:16pm
Personally I am all for 2 strokes making a comeback, but I dont think they need more displacement. The 125 is an excellent fullsized bike for riders comming off 85's..and the 250 is perfect for anyone that is not overweight. They should require the 4 strokes to loose some displacement. When Doug Henry won the national championship in 98 on a production 400, the AMA should have taken a step back and said "ok 400cc is more than enough to be competitive in the pro ranks, so 400cc is the limit".I see less an less younger riders at the track these days, simply b/c they have been priced out of the sport. That just leaves the older generation out there riding, and buying bikes. Alot of those riders these days are lazy, and add to that like most, want the feeling of instant gratification... The 4 stroke delivers.... Dont have the skill to maintain momentum to get over that 60ft tabletop... Dont worry, with this 450 you can roll up to the jump and seat bounce it with a simple blip of the throttle. No skill is required since the 4 stroke hooks up with less hit and wheelspin.. Heavens forbid they come up short or get out of shape on the jump though, since they are now doing an obstacle that they really dont have the skills and bike control to do
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/11/2010 1:17pm
I still don't see how they claim a 250 2-stroke is to much of an advantage on a 250f, when a 250f is way to much...
I still don't see how they claim a 250 2-stroke is to much of an advantage on a 250f, when a 250f is way to much of an advantage vs a 125 2-stroke. So basically they will let a 250f come in a kill a 125 2 stroke and end its existence, but won't let a 250 2 stroke come in and return the favor? Sounds bassackwards to me.......
The manufactures and teams like Pro Circuit call the shots not DC. But you cant blame them,with all the money they invested in the four bangers the last thing they want is for everyone to switch back to 2 strokes.
newmann
6/11/2010 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:22pm
DC got handed a bucket of shit from the AMA and in that bucket (according to Guy B.....joking)was some red helicopters. From what DC has said about the OEM's threatening to take their toys and go home, Honda won't let him do what needs to be done. The displacement rule screwed the sport and the worst part about it was killing off the 125 class. I've been saying that for a long time now and MXA even agrees as seen by their cover this month.

So DC, how about a 125 pro class? KTM, Yamaha, Husqvarna and TM can show up along with some revived Pro-Circuit team bikes. What are the chances of Mitch bringing along a couple extra bikes and riders? He's obviously still interested or he never would have let the Weimer build take place. You gotta admit, 40 125's buzzing a start is a beautiful thing. Surely Honda wouldn't be offended over that now would they? Or are they that candy assed?
BobbyM
6/11/2010 1:26pm
lostboy819 wrote:
He already said no. He said that they will race what the manufactures make and because Yamaha and KTM are the only ones making a 2...
He already said no. He said that they will race what the manufactures make and because Yamaha and KTM are the only ones making a 2 stoke it would not be fair to the others. He also said that a fast rider on a 250 stroke would be several seconds faster than a 250 four stroke so no 250 two strokes in the lites class. I disagree with his view but he knows who pays the bills and who calls the shots.
i thought DC said he would revisit the issue in due time because the lead issue and stuff last year
500guy
6/11/2010 1:35pm
I love it MXA agrees today but tomorrow if their friends go Pro 4 stroke they flip flop just like they did on the USGP.

They lost all credibility
2stroke153
6/11/2010 1:36pm
newmann wrote:
DC got handed a bucket of shit from the AMA and in that bucket (according to Guy B.....joking)was some red helicopters. From what DC has said...
DC got handed a bucket of shit from the AMA and in that bucket (according to Guy B.....joking)was some red helicopters. From what DC has said about the OEM's threatening to take their toys and go home, Honda won't let him do what needs to be done. The displacement rule screwed the sport and the worst part about it was killing off the 125 class. I've been saying that for a long time now and MXA even agrees as seen by their cover this month.

So DC, how about a 125 pro class? KTM, Yamaha, Husqvarna and TM can show up along with some revived Pro-Circuit team bikes. What are the chances of Mitch bringing along a couple extra bikes and riders? He's obviously still interested or he never would have let the Weimer build take place. You gotta admit, 40 125's buzzing a start is a beautiful thing. Surely Honda wouldn't be offended over that now would they? Or are they that candy assed?
That would be better than nothing. The 125 class has always had the best racing because every pro out there can ride them to just about full potential. That can't be said about the 450 class today. And in my opinion is why some of the racing just ain't what it use to be!
newmann
6/11/2010 1:41pm
lostboy819 wrote:
He already said no. He said that they will race what the manufactures make and because Yamaha and KTM are the only ones making a 2...
BobbyM wrote:
i thought DC said he would revisit the issue in due time because the lead issue and stuff last year
The lead issue came and went. The 250/250 issue came back up and the cowards at the big 4 pussed out again and told DC they would take all their toys and go home. So, DC got the 250/250 rule green lighted for the womens pro class at the national level and told us all to accept that and build from it later. Well, guess what? After all that, a few of the women it seems were taking the idea of the 250 2 stroke serious so the big 4 at the last minute had to come in and step on DC's nuts all over again. So I say to hell with them and congratulations to KTM for keeping it real.

Did anyone notice Yamaha's "new" 2011 YZ250F with the ten year old engine in it? LMAO
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
6/11/2010 1:41pm
Well considering the lites bikes are running nearly exactly the same lap times as the big bikes, it appears that cc's arent making much difference. Perhaps we are barking up the wrong tree with what cc 2 stroke can race what cc 4 stroke. Maybe the way to go is just have a 2 stroke class and a 4 stroke class. Run what ya brung.
FlaNard
6/11/2010 1:50pm
2stroke153 wrote:
500guy wrote:
More two strokes at the track every weekend. Oh, and the "its unfair to the manufacturers who dont make two strokes" argument has already been raped and left for dead. Yamaha won titles based on being the only company with a MASSIVE fourstroke advantage over every other manufacturer. DC's argument holds no water.
2stroke153
6/11/2010 1:52pm
Here's an idea. Maybe since the 125 is not real competitive with the 250 four stroke, they can make a bike with double the displacement to spark some interest. Kinda like they did back in the late nineties for the four strokes......Wait a minute, they already make that bike, its a 250!! And it's actually got equal displacement with the four stroke, WOW! I think I just solved this whole problem!
FlaNard
6/11/2010 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2010 1:55pm
2stroke153 wrote:
Its called fear. If Honda thought the two strokes would go out and get destroyed then what would they have to fear? The last thing they would want is to stop 2 strokes from racing against their far superior 4 strokes. Wouldnt four stroke domination make them look even better and officially kill off the two stroke? Seems like they know something...

Post a reply to: Hey DC! Now about them 2-strokes

The Latest