Herlings to MXGP in 16, 17 or 18?

Stefan82
4/26/2015 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 4:35pm

At 1:30
I can imagine that these are the races where you're thinking, how would it be in the MXGP class?

Herlings:
Yeah, absolutely. But this year I wasn't ready because of my injury last year and I had a bad winter and started training in february and the first GP was at the end of february. So MX1 came to early this year but maybe next year or the year after that. We need to look at it with the sponsors from KTM what they have to say about it. But today I would've loved to have raced with the MX1.

So... what do you think, will he go up in 16, 17 or 18?
|
PastranaWho
4/26/2015 1:46pm
As long as AC is winning titles in the MXGP class , herlings aint going up. He had his chance to sign with honda and ride mxgp and decide to stay with ktm.

Stefan82
4/26/2015 1:50pm
As long as AC is winning titles in the MXGP class , herlings aint going up. He had his chance to sign with honda and ride...
As long as AC is winning titles in the MXGP class , herlings aint going up. He had his chance to sign with honda and ride mxgp and decide to stay with ktm.

Dungey and Roczen were teammates, so why wouldn't it be possible?
4/26/2015 1:50pm
im a big Herlings fan , but if he wins this year KTM has to move him up to MXGP or let him race in the USA .... he doesnt get any better riding MX2 and making easy wins , he still isnt 100% fit yet winning easy today .... would be very dissapointing if he stays another year in MX2 and wouldnt make KTM look good either if they want im to stay at MX2 i think
FB
4/26/2015 1:52pm
I can't believe he is considering another year in the 250 class.

The Shop

Lucifa.
4/26/2015 1:55pm
FB wrote:
I can't believe you fucking missed this part

"We need to look at it with the sponsors from KTM what they have to say about it. But today I would've loved to have raced with the MX1."
PastranaWho
4/26/2015 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2015 2:01pm
FB wrote:
Believe it, kid is in no hurry to move up, he said it himself. He likes to be the big fish in little pond. I can see him moving up for 17, older AC and no RV. I have the stream package and i dont even watcj mx2.
Outsider
4/26/2015 1:58pm
FB wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:
I can't believe you fucking missed this part "We need to look at it with the sponsors from KTM what they have to say about it...

"We need to look at it with the sponsors from KTM what they have to say about it. But today I would've loved to have raced with the MX1."
"Maybe next year or the year after that"

So, he or his sponsors are at least considering another year which would be pretty pathetic imo.
4/26/2015 2:28pm
yeah , if KTM wants him to stay in MX2 for another year that would be pathetic .... maybe its time for Herlings to move up and quit KTM like Roczen did .... it would be terrible for his career , another year in MX2 .. lets see what happens , i really dont think Herlings himself wants to be another year in MX2 ...if not in MXGP , just let him go to USA , thats what he always wanted he said himself
Lucifa.
4/26/2015 2:29pm
FB wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:
I can't believe you fucking missed this part "We need to look at it with the sponsors from KTM what they have to say about it...

Outsider wrote:
"Maybe next year or the year after that"

So, he or his sponsors are at least considering another year which would be pretty pathetic imo.
Sure is but they pay his salary.
FB
4/26/2015 3:23pm
FB wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:

I didn't miss it, I just think it's bullshit. Poor guy, KTM is forcing him to stay in the 250 classSad Damn KTM sponsors.
TDeath21
4/26/2015 3:29pm
I think it's a joke that he's in the class this year. The fact that he's even considering another year in MX2 is pathetic.
Paul333
4/26/2015 3:47pm
FB wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:

FB wrote:
I didn't miss it, I just think it's bullshit. Poor guy, KTM is forcing him to stay in the 250 classSad Damn KTM sponsors.
I don't buy that for a second. I think it's nothing more than a poorly executed cover story.

He is young and a multiple world-champion, if he truly wanted to move up and face the fastest competition nobody is going to stop him. Especially if we went public about it. Good cop / bad cop
Paul333
4/26/2015 3:47pm
TDeath21 wrote:
I think it's a joke that he's in the class this year. The fact that he's even considering another year in MX2 is pathetic.
I could not agree more.
FB
4/26/2015 3:54pm
Lucifa. wrote:

FB wrote:
Paul333 wrote:
I don't buy that for a second. I think it's nothing more than a poorly executed cover story. He is young and a multiple world-champion, if...
I don't buy that for a second. I think it's nothing more than a poorly executed cover story.

He is young and a multiple world-champion, if he truly wanted to move up and face the fastest competition nobody is going to stop him. Especially if we went public about it. Good cop / bad cop
Laughing I was being sarcastic.
bvm111
4/26/2015 4:29pm
he should stay in MX2 as long as he wants and can get paid well to do it by KTM... this is professional racing after all.

I do not see any shame in what he id doing, not sure where the holier than thou attitudes come from saying he is sand bagging, this isn't the C class.
Dtat720
4/26/2015 4:42pm
bvm111 wrote:
he should stay in MX2 as long as he wants and can get paid well to do it by KTM... this is professional racing after all...
he should stay in MX2 as long as he wants and can get paid well to do it by KTM... this is professional racing after all.

I do not see any shame in what he id doing, not sure where the holier than thou attitudes come from saying he is sand bagging, this isn't the C class.
Agree. Similar to AMA road racing. Guys stay in the supersport class for entire careers and never touch a superbike. MX2 is a professional class, why leave if you are successful?
PressPassP
4/26/2015 4:45pm
im a big Herlings fan , but if he wins this year KTM has to move him up to MXGP or let him race in the...
im a big Herlings fan , but if he wins this year KTM has to move him up to MXGP or let him race in the USA .... he doesnt get any better riding MX2 and making easy wins , he still isnt 100% fit yet winning easy today .... would be very dissapointing if he stays another year in MX2 and wouldnt make KTM look good either if they want im to stay at MX2 i think
The thing is he does seem to get better,as you say he's stil not fully fit and was 2 sec faster than MX1,its like he's still motivated by it,taking nothing away from the other guys who are definately fast,just unfortunate that hes there,I think he should definitely move up next year but KTM will probably pay him to stay,same goes for not going to the US

The Euros can often go pro at 15 or16 but in the US older,they stay amatuer for longer and dont have the age rule Outdoors so its not such a straight comparison

RV did no different this year really in taking the option more financially motivated to him,maybe thinking it was less racing,less chance of getting hurt,who knows what he really thought about he competition
Paul333
4/26/2015 5:35pm
bvm111 wrote:
he should stay in MX2 as long as he wants and can get paid well to do it by KTM... this is professional racing after all...

Dtat720 wrote:
Agree. Similar to AMA road racing. Guys stay in the supersport class for entire careers and never touch a superbike. MX2 is a professional class, why...
Agree. Similar to AMA road racing. Guys stay in the supersport class for entire careers and never touch a superbike. MX2 is a professional class, why leave if you are successful?
LOL, until KTM lobbied to get the rule changed this this year MX2 was a win two and move up class. Plus it has the 23 years old and get forced out rule that is still in effect.

It's MX2, while MX1 is the premier class...
Outsider
4/26/2015 5:41pm
bvm111 wrote:

Dtat720 wrote:
Agree. Similar to AMA road racing. Guys stay in the supersport class for entire careers and never touch a superbike. MX2 is a professional class, why...
Disagree.. Guys stay in the supersport class because they have no chance if they move up.

The 250 class is supposed to be a developement class
JB479
4/26/2015 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2015 5:51pm
Never going to happen but it would be cool to see someone new mix it up with herlings if he stays in mx2 next year. Anyone talent coming through?
agn5009
4/26/2015 5:56pm
He's going to win as many MX2 championships as possible. He will set the record. Then move to the MXGP and hope to do the same there. I could see Herlings doing something similar to what RV is doing, win a lot there then move to the USA to compete for a final season or two.
h&m_cycle
4/26/2015 6:54pm
I think he should be able to stay in mx2 till he retires, Get Webb & Martin to live over there & beat him. Moose got a title...
Why should he come over here & ride around in a football stadium?Laughing
johnnybgood
4/26/2015 7:28pm
Maybe cairoli's riding these days will force ktm to overrule the entourage and let Herlings do what he wants.

And you don't leave KTM if you're racing in the gps.
Hanaa80
4/26/2015 9:04pm
As long as AC is winning titles in the MXGP class , herlings aint going up. He had his chance to sign with honda and ride...

Stefan82 wrote:
Decarli team was build around AC. It would not work.
4/27/2015 12:02am

Stefan82 wrote:
Hanaa80 wrote:
KTM bought the whole Decarli team and Scorpion Bay package to get and keep Tony. Decarli & Tony have some years left in them without Jeffery to deal with.
TMV
4/27/2015 12:14am
I'd like to hear some of you about Musquin walking the dog in the 250 class at 25...
4/27/2015 12:34am
TMV wrote:
I'd like to hear some of you about Musquin walking the dog in the 250 class at 25...
Laughing
4/27/2015 1:19am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2015 1:31am
agn5009 wrote:
He's going to win as many MX2 championships as possible. He will set the record. Then move to the MXGP and hope to do the same...
He's going to win as many MX2 championships as possible. He will set the record. Then move to the MXGP and hope to do the same there. I could see Herlings doing something similar to what RV is doing, win a lot there then move to the USA to compete for a final season or two.
if he wants that record , he is gonna stay for 2016 to be the first with 4 titles .... him staying this year was a good decision after what happend last year and him not being fit at all early in the season ... rememeber he is only 20 , would be the youngest one in the MXGP class ....but i do hope he moves up next year , im a big Herlings fan and i want to see him compete with Cairoli , Nagl,Desalle and Paulin ..... i think he has the talent to be a champ in MXGP and be very competetive from the first race as he has already proven to be very fast on a 350 in MXON where he came from dead last and almost took the win from Cairoli ...... to me MX2 is a talent class , the best move up to MXGP .... and he is by far the best the last years and way too dominant in that class , its even boring to watch MX2 ...if Herlings doesnt crash or have a really bad start you know he would win every moto ...
jamma10
4/27/2015 1:32am
I don't understand why it bothers people so much. There are far worse things to get bent out of shape about.
PjotrrB
4/27/2015 2:12am
Stefan82 wrote:
Hanaa80 wrote:
The Source wrote:
KTM bought the whole Decarli team and Scorpion Bay package to get and keep Tony. Decarli & Tony have some years left in them without Jeffery...
KTM bought the whole Decarli team and Scorpion Bay package to get and keep Tony. Decarli & Tony have some years left in them without Jeffery to deal with.
I guess the question is if they would "create" a new team around Herlings, or use the DeCarli MXGP structure.
A DeCarli structure which has no upcoming/rookie MXGP stars like a Febvre in their team.
Be it in 2016 or 2017, sooner or later they (KTM) will have to face this decision.

Post a reply to: Herlings to MXGP in 16, 17 or 18?

The Latest