Herlings...please help me out.

moto0852
2/17/2015 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2015 1:11pm
O.K. don't flame me. I usually stay up to date but apparently not in this case. Just watched the Herlings video on RacerX and was surprised that he's just looking to "get points" at the first round coming up. I just assumed he would be totally healed from his leg by now. Did he have a complication or really mess it up more with the last round attempt to ride?
|
philG
2/17/2015 2:45pm
Broke leg.. had it pinned, rode with pin in... had pin removed, now trying to get back to fitness. Didnt want to race full season with pin and then have to rehab again at the end of 2015
moto0852
2/17/2015 2:47pm
philG wrote:
Broke leg.. had it pinned, rode with pin in... had pin removed, now trying to get back to fitness. Didnt want to race full season with...
Broke leg.. had it pinned, rode with pin in... had pin removed, now trying to get back to fitness. Didnt want to race full season with pin and then have to rehab again at the end of 2015
Got it. Thanks.
The Rock
2/17/2015 11:18pm
Will we ever know how much racing in Mexico set back his recovery?
kongols
2/17/2015 11:29pm
The Rock wrote:
Probably around 5 month.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
2/17/2015 11:30pm
No, we'll never know whether it made any difference or how much it set him back, if at all. It's not possible.
Outsider
2/17/2015 11:30pm
The Rock wrote:
It shall be the excuse that keeps on giving soon enough... Whistling
Jefro98
2/17/2015 11:32pm
The Rock wrote:
Hard to tell isn't it?
It sure did damage to it,
Hanaa80
2/18/2015 5:37am
The Rock wrote:
Jefro98 wrote:
Hard to tell isn't it?
Whoever approved him racing should be ashamed of himself. There's no way Herlings is mature enough to make that call.
DoctorJD
2/18/2015 5:40am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2015 5:40am
The Rock wrote:
Jefro98 wrote:
Hard to tell isn't it?
Hanaa80 wrote:
Whoever approved him racing should be ashamed of himself. There's no way Herlings is mature enough to make that call.
They probably shopped around doctors until they found one that would release him. Ultimately, he has only himself to blame.
sende
Fantasy
4320th
2/18/2015 5:43am
Outsider wrote:
It shall be the excuse that keeps on giving soon enough... Whistling
Meh.
Jefro98
2/18/2015 6:27am
Jefro98 wrote:
Hard to tell isn't it?
Hanaa80 wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
They probably shopped around doctors until they found one that would release him. Ultimately, he has only himself to blame.
It was not just a doctor.
His bosses at KTM agreed on it too.
I'm sure they took a very well calculated risk.
Herlings is the future for KTM.
2/18/2015 7:17am
Jefro98 wrote:
It was not just a doctor. His bosses at KTM agreed on it too. I'm sure they took a very well calculated risk. Herlings is the...
Doesnt sound like he thinks he is KTMs future in that video.
TMV
2/18/2015 7:36am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2015 7:37am
Jefro98 wrote:
It was not just a doctor. His bosses at KTM agreed on it too. I'm sure they took a very well calculated risk. Herlings is the...
He's probably aware he's not De Carli KTM priority as long as Cairoli is racing...
mx317
2/18/2015 7:38am
Jefro98 wrote:
Wasn't a KTM going to win anyway?
DeStouwer
2/18/2015 7:44am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2015 7:45am
Yes, but the problem was that Tixier was going to leave KTM anyway. Now we have a Kawasaki with the number 1 plate while a KTM got the title.
TMV
2/18/2015 7:45am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2015 7:46am
Jefro98 wrote:
mx317 wrote:
Wasn't a KTM going to win anyway?
Yes but they thought Herlings would keep his crown and had already told Tixier he had to leave cause they had already chosen two new young riders for 2015. Once they realized they wouldn't have the red plate on their 2015 bike...
Stefan82
2/18/2015 7:46am
DeStouwer wrote:
Yes, but the problem was that Tixier was going to leave KTM anyway. Now we have a Kawasaki with the number 1 plate while a KTM...
Yes, but the problem was that Tixier was going to leave KTM anyway. Now we have a Kawasaki with the number 1 plate while a KTM got the title.
I really had a laugh when I saw the Qatar Entry-List with 1 Tixier. Tongue
DeStouwer
2/18/2015 7:51am
DeStouwer wrote:
Yes, but the problem was that Tixier was going to leave KTM anyway. Now we have a Kawasaki with the number 1 plate while a KTM...
Stefan82 wrote:
How's that? Tixier got more points than Herlings, so, he's the ruling champion. It's not Tixier's fault Herlings broke his femur.
Same story with Ramon and Coppins in '07. Coppins deserved it, Ramon got it.
TMV
2/18/2015 7:53am
DeStouwer wrote:
Stefan82 wrote:
I don't know if it's sarcasm but hey, he has simply been the best of the rest. He's nowhere near Jeffrey when he's healthy but nobody in MX2 is so yeah, it's not really fair but he proved the last race he really wanted it. Plus he improved a lot this year, probably thanks to Jeffrey, never hurt to have such a teammate...
mx317
2/18/2015 8:05am
DeStouwer wrote:
Makes sense now, but they really gambled on his future health.
Jefro98
2/18/2015 8:21am
DeStouwer wrote:
Stefan82 wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
How's that? Tixier got more points than Herlings, so, he's the ruling champion. It's not Tixier's fault Herlings broke his femur. Same story with Ramon and...
How's that? Tixier got more points than Herlings, so, he's the ruling champion. It's not Tixier's fault Herlings broke his femur.
Same story with Ramon and Coppins in '07. Coppins deserved it, Ramon got it.
Agree, when Herlings broke his leg Tixier had to make up 145 or something points and not many people thought he could do it. Even a lot of French people didn't think he would but he did it anyway. Kudos for Jordi for not cracking under all that preasure
DoctorJD
2/18/2015 10:11am
Hanaa80 wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
Jefro98 wrote:
Which is all the more perplexing. Look, I know JH is a competitor, and he would have suited up for that race if his leg were attached by a thin thread of flesh, but cooler heads should have prevailed. I have a hard time believing KTM was driving the decision based on your comment above: He is the future for KTM. Plus, they had the title in-hand whether JH rode, or not. I still believe Herlings was the catalyst behind the decision to ride, and everyone around him were simply enablers. I just hope that wasn't a career-altering moment for the kid.
The Rock
2/18/2015 10:56am
DoctorJD wrote:
Jefro98 wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
Which is all the more perplexing. Look, I know JH is a competitor, and he would have suited up for that race if his leg were...
Which is all the more perplexing. Look, I know JH is a competitor, and he would have suited up for that race if his leg were attached by a thin thread of flesh, but cooler heads should have prevailed. I have a hard time believing KTM was driving the decision based on your comment above: He is the future for KTM. Plus, they had the title in-hand whether JH rode, or not. I still believe Herlings was the catalyst behind the decision to ride, and everyone around him were simply enablers. I just hope that wasn't a career-altering moment for the kid.
I made one or two decisions when I was a teenager that I wish I hadn't. Glad to see I am no tthe only one still dumbfounded by Herlings racing with a broken femur. Let the record show I have been calling on the coming of Big Orange for years, am a huge KTM fan and the company continues to impress me year after year so I am not bagging on KTM.

I believe it was actually Herlings that was driving the I'm going to race bus but I am unclear as to why KTM wouldn't have witheld the bike from him. My leg hurts just thinking about the x rays.
jamma10
2/18/2015 10:59am
He had a slim chance to win that MX2 World title that he so obviously craved (he's taken enough abuse for it!) and decided it was worth the risk.

Simple as that.
ayearinmx
2/18/2015 11:12am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2015 11:16am
"hey Jeffrey...... we've decided to stop you having any chance of winning that world title and all those bonuses worth MILLIONS of euros"
"ok boss, I didn't want to win MILLIONS of euros or a world championship anyway"
"yea... kinda sucks, but we don't care if you or Jordi win"
"me neither really, although losing out on that world tile and MILLIONS of Euros is gonna suck.... it's not like I had a chance anyway"
"well actually, all you need is 22pts.... so finishing 10th twice is good enough"
"10th??!"
*boards plane*

since when has any team ever told any rider they can't race because they didn't want them to? Especially when there a world championship on the line ......did Kawasaki stop RV from wrapping up the title last year, even though it stopped him racing SX this year?

of course Herlings wanted to ride, he wanted to win a world championship and bucket load of money and I can't believe some of you don't understand why he wished to do it. If he can convince a Doctor he's fit enough, why shouldn't KTM let him go?

the fact that he almost pulled it off just goes to show how much of a badass he is.... but of course hindsight is 20/20 so now everyone gets to tell him how stupid he was because he failed
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
2/18/2015 11:30am
^^^^

Listen to this man.
RY4N37
2/18/2015 11:39am
ayearinmx wrote:
"hey Jeffrey...... we've decided to stop you having any chance of winning that world title and all those bonuses worth MILLIONS of euros" "ok boss, I...
"hey Jeffrey...... we've decided to stop you having any chance of winning that world title and all those bonuses worth MILLIONS of euros"
"ok boss, I didn't want to win MILLIONS of euros or a world championship anyway"
"me neither really, although losing out on that world tile and MILLIONS of Euros is gonna suck.... it's not like I had a chance anyway"
"well actually, all you need is 22pts.... so finishing 10th twice is good enough"
"10th??!"
*boards plane*

since when has any team ever told any rider they can't race because they didn't want them to? Especially when there a world championship on the line ......did Kawasaki stop RV from wrapping up the title last year, even though it stopped him racing SX this year?

of course Herlings wanted to ride, he wanted to win a world championship and bucket load of money and I can't believe some of you don't understand why he wished to do it. If he can convince a Doctor he's fit enough, why shouldn't KTM let him go?

the fact that he almost pulled it off just goes to show how much of a badass he is.... but of course hindsight is 20/20 so now everyone gets to tell him how stupid he was because he failed
Totally agree with you. If you're in with a fighting chance of winning a world championship and you're physically capable of riding the bike, then you have to try. Regardless of whether you have 2 already

Riding in that GP probably set him back a month or so in his recovery, but from what I've what I've read/heard it hasn't complicated anything in terms of the bone getting back to 100%. So hopefully after a few races we should see the real Jeffrey Herlings again
Aryen
2/18/2015 11:55am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2015 11:55am
I have a funny feeling he isn't gonna finish 5th in Qatar but getting on the plane with a 1/1... 100% fit or not.
Spat24
Fantasy
1140th
2/18/2015 12:18pm
ayearinmx wrote:
"hey Jeffrey...... we've decided to stop you having any chance of winning that world title and all those bonuses worth MILLIONS of euros" "ok boss, I...
"10th??!"
*boards plane*

Only time will tell if it was the wrong move. Agree that KTM would not push him to ride as they had the top plate either way. But someone in Herlings corner should have stopped him as it could have implications on future earning. But yes - it is his decision.
2/18/2015 12:40pm
Hanaa80 wrote:
That guy, the same who told him to race that 85cc, isn't the teammanager anymore... Go figure

Post a reply to: Herlings...please help me out.

The Latest