Herlings is one though dude

MotoMalyDad
2/25/2017 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2017 12:48pm
13 points is 13 points. Smart and tough dude and showing some more maturity .
IceMan446
2/25/2017 12:51pm
Toughest in the sport???

Thats a stretch.
Motofinne
2/25/2017 12:57pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Toughest in the sport???

Thats a stretch.
I will stand by that statement. Riding with a broken femur in 2014 and now this. I haven't seen any other rider do something similar(active pros).

The Shop

Sodipop
2/25/2017 1:01pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Toughest in the sport???

Thats a stretch.
He's got a pretty substantial history of doing tough shit
MR. X
2/25/2017 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2017 1:02pm
One of my favorite people to watch ride .
Scott101
2/25/2017 1:03pm
I would hands down say Trey Canard/Travis Pastrana would take that one
F.B
2/25/2017 1:04pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Toughest in the sport???

Thats a stretch.
Motofinne wrote:
I will stand by that statement. Riding with a broken femur in 2014 and now this. I haven't seen any other rider do something similar(active pros).
Maybe they realize riding with a broken femur is a terrible idea?
Motofinne
2/25/2017 1:06pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Toughest in the sport???

Thats a stretch.
Motofinne wrote:
F.B wrote:
Haha, well of course it's a bad idea. But Herlings desire to win is so high that he does stupid stuff like that.

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/25/2017 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2017 1:16pm
Perhaps he should trade some of that toughness for adequate healing time. From one injury to the other, he always seems to be hurt or trying to ride through some sort of nagging injury. I get trying to salvage points, but that is becoming the rule and not the exception.

I like the dude and think he may be the FMOTP when healthy. At what point does he say, enough is enough and stops operating in salvage mode? Sure, he would lose time but completely healthy may payoff better in the long run than trying to race in band aid mode.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
2/25/2017 1:13pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Toughest in the sport???

Thats a stretch.
Motofinne wrote:
F.B wrote:
Not many other riders were in the situation of having a broken femur and still a shot at a world title with 1 round to go
Motofinne
2/25/2017 1:18pm
kzizok wrote:
Perhaps he should trade some of that toughness for adequate healing time. From one injury to the other, he always seems to be hurt or trying...
Perhaps he should trade some of that toughness for adequate healing time. From one injury to the other, he always seems to be hurt or trying to ride through some sort of nagging injury. I get trying to salvage points, but that is becoming the rule and not the exception.

I like the dude and think he may be the FMOTP when healthy. At what point does he say, enough is enough and stops operating in salvage mode? Sure, he would lose time but completely healthy may payoff better in the long run than trying to race in band aid mode.
Yeah there is a possibility that Herlings never gets the amount of 450 titles because of injuries. And when he gets older these injuries will hurt more and slow him down.

But i feel like he is still in it. I would think that he has a chance to get the title if he is within 60 points off the leader when the series goes to Europe.
F.B
2/25/2017 1:20pm
Motofinne wrote:
F.B wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Not many other riders were in the situation of having a broken femur and still a shot at a world title with 1 round to go
True, that's easy for me to say it was a dumb move in insight.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/25/2017 1:24pm
kzizok wrote:
Perhaps he should trade some of that toughness for adequate healing time. From one injury to the other, he always seems to be hurt or trying...

Motofinne wrote:
Yeah there is a possibility that Herlings never gets the amount of 450 titles because of injuries. And when he gets older these injuries will hurt...
Yeah there is a possibility that Herlings never gets the amount of 450 titles because of injuries. And when he gets older these injuries will hurt more and slow him down.

But i feel like he is still in it. I would think that he has a chance to get the title if he is within 60 points off the leader when the series goes to Europe.
Agreed. Hes just so damn good. It would be awesome to see him totally healthy in the 450 class! Who knows, luckily he still has some time.
CrashMaster
2/25/2017 1:24pm
TripleFive wrote:
And he's only 16 years old!!!
Where do get he's only 16 years old? He's a 23 year old man...
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
2/25/2017 1:28pm
F.B wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
F.B wrote:
True, that's easy for me to say it was a dumb move in insight.
Had he finished high enough to win the championship, everyone would have been singing his praises!
The Netherlands were going to have a bronze statue made for his hometown of Geldrop had Jeffery won.

Okay, not really.
Motofinne
2/25/2017 1:29pm
Scott101 wrote:
Pastrana isn't an active racer so we can't count him.

Trey on the other hand, i don't know. He has had lots of injuries but i'm talking about riding through them. Trey had the same femur injury as Herlings and Herlings rode with a rod in his femur only a few weeks after the injury. That is just insanity.
slipdog
2/25/2017 1:33pm
TripleFive wrote:
And he's only 16 years old!!!
Where do get he's only 16 years old? He's a 23 year old man...
TripleFive wrote:
I think he's actually 15.
If that

In Europe they let anyone race a GP that doesn't need training wheels.
gt80rider
2/25/2017 1:38pm
Yogi, Henry, Ryno, etc, etc, etc, etc have all raced with pretty gnarly injuries. But... it seems a lot of guys now days do not. Props to Herlings for going for it, I hope he heals quick and the rest of his season is injury free.
DeStouwer
2/25/2017 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2017 1:50pm
Scott101 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Pastrana isn't an active racer so we can't count him. Trey on the other hand, i don't know. He has had lots of injuries but i'm...
Pastrana isn't an active racer so we can't count him.

Trey on the other hand, i don't know. He has had lots of injuries but i'm talking about riding through them. Trey had the same femur injury as Herlings and Herlings rode with a rod in his femur only a few weeks after the injury. That is just insanity.
He had a big chance of losing his leg after racing with it in Mexico. His career could've been over already. That was a damn' dumb move to make, worldtitle at stake or not. I can't understand nobody from his family nor team protected him from himself back then. Tough and stupid doesn'tdiffer much.
Motoxdoc
2/25/2017 1:53pm
Scott101 wrote:
Yup! Doug Henry and Christophe Pourcel come to mind as well!
2/25/2017 1:54pm
DeStouwer wrote:
He had a big chance of losing his leg after racing with it in Mexico. His career could've been over already. That was a damn' dumb...
He had a big chance of losing his leg after racing with it in Mexico. His career could've been over already. That was a damn' dumb move to make, worldtitle at stake or not. I can't understand nobody from his family nor team protected him from himself back then. Tough and stupid doesn'tdiffer much.
"If your gunna be dumb you better be tough"....

Love him or hate him you can't question his desire
WFO!
2/25/2017 1:56pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Toughest in the sport???

Thats a stretch.
Motofinne wrote:
Ryan Hughes raced Southwick with a broken leg. Also raced a SX main with a broken jaw done the same night.
Motofinne
2/25/2017 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2017 1:59pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Toughest in the sport???

Thats a stretch.
Motofinne wrote:
WFO! wrote:
Ryan Hughes raced Southwick with a broken leg. Also raced a SX main with a broken jaw done the same night.
Yeah, but i'm talking about the current pros like i mentioned(active riders).

There has been a few dude through the years that have been racing through some gnarly injuries!
slipdog
2/25/2017 2:03pm
Motofinne wrote:
WFO! wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah, but i'm talking about the current pros like i mentioned(active riders). There has been a few dude through the years that have been racing through...
Yeah, but i'm talking about the current pros like i mentioned(active riders).

There has been a few dude through the years that have been racing through some gnarly injuries!
Chad Reed is still racing and to the best of my knowledge his tablecloths were never returned, that's grit!
Flip109
2/25/2017 2:11pm
He's a tough sob. Can't wait till he's healthy and fit. Hope TC and Gajser can stay healthy until then so we can see em clash!

Post a reply to: Herlings is one though dude

The Latest