Herlings in the States?

Cody24
Fantasy
2673rd
10/27/2016 9:36am
Is he playing with us with his most recent instagram?
|
Bidirella
10/27/2016 9:42am
We all dont know. Today he posted also a photo of him training with the 450 in the sand so.. I dont think something changed in those few hours. Would be crazy and weird if hes going over to the US. He statement allot over the years he wanted to stay in Europe and go after GP win record!!
Bidirella
10/27/2016 9:44am
What if.. is there room at the TLD team for him? Or a 250 under Rogers KTM truck? I dont see him come over for 450 in the US
c130
10/27/2016 9:45am
Marketing move to create publicity
GregDVT
10/27/2016 9:54am
He knows he can mess with the fans, if I was him i'd have some fun with it too. Keep people on their toes, let us speculate.

The Shop

Cody24
Fantasy
2673rd
10/27/2016 10:01am
Would be epic to see him in SX.
Motofinne
10/27/2016 10:36am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2016 10:37am
Bidirella wrote:
What if.. is there room at the TLD team for him? Or a 250 under Rogers KTM truck? I dont see him come over for 450...
What if.. is there room at the TLD team for him? Or a 250 under Rogers KTM truck? I dont see him come over for 450 in the US
There doesn't have to be "room" at any KTM team in US for Herlings to race there. If he wants to race in US KTM makes is happen.

But it would be very, very surprising.
RG1
10/27/2016 10:39am
I think you're reading too much into it.
Bidirella
10/27/2016 10:52am
RG1 wrote:
I think you're reading too much into it.
I think to. New beginning mean 450 start en Glen Helen was his last 250 ride. So after that race and that photo is his new beginning.
Mr. Info
10/27/2016 10:55am
He is testing where it's warmer and not raining.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/27/2016 11:04am
Cody24 wrote:
Is he playing with us with his most recent instagram?
In the photo from the USGP?
line-up
10/27/2016 11:26am
Red Bull KTM Factory rider Jeffrey Herlings has a pretty exciting event coming up. The Red Bull Knock Out, which is run long the Dutch coast-line is very much a race that attracts massive crowds and is considered the biggest most demanding beach race in the world.

On November 19 the three times MX2 world champion will go head to head with fellow Red Bull KTM Factory rider, MXoN team-mate and fellow Dutchman, Glen Coldenhoff. If you want to see the best sand rider in the world in action, then get to Scheveningen to witness something really special.

herlings-mxon

We caught up with Herlings this morning and did this two part interview. His expectations for the Red Bull Knock Out, his 2016 season and what to expect when he moves up to the MXGP class in 2017. A pretty good read, so enjoy.

MXlarge: Jeffrey, can you tell me what you expect from the Red Bull Knock Out?

Herlings: It’s a big event for Red Bull and they really want me to do it. It is a great opportunity and it’s a really good event in Holland. It is also a big event with a lot of media, and it’s in the sand, so I think it will be good.

MXlarge: From memory last year you just did a lap around the circuit didn’t you?

Herlings: Yes, I did one lap around the track and I had just come back from my hip injury, so my second day on the bike and I did one quick lap for Red Bull and social media. I didn’t race but I am looking forward to racing this year.

herlings-uk

MXLarge: As you mentioned, it’s a massive race in Holland. Seeing it last year, and not being able to race it, how was that? Are you excited for this race?

Herlings: Definitely, because when I saw it I thought, man, I wish I could race this race. It’s a long race, deep sand, like an enduro race. There is a lot of people on the track at the same time. There are professionals, there are amateurs, and people who only race maybe a couple of times a year, so the level is very different. It’s a little dangerous, but at the same time it’s half motocross, half enduro and I am looking forward to it. It would be great to win there.

MXLarge: How has preperation been for this event?

Herlings: Straight after the SMX Cup we have been training for it. Riding like two hours, or sometimes more. Just emptying the fuel tank and going again, to get the endurance for it.

MXlarge: Looking at the straight, its massive. How long is that straight and what type of speeds do you get up to there?

Herlings: Apparently its going to be 2.5km, and I think around 180kl per hour. I am not sure if my official race bike will be ready, at the moment I am just riding a normal bike. They said we should reach around 180, something like that.

herlings-coldenhoff-bogers

MXlarge: What is that going to be like?

Herlings: Scary man, it’s going to be scary. With so many people riding at that speed, if something goes wrong, at that speed, then you will have bad day.

MXlarge: On another subject. Talking about your form at the MXoN and the SMX Cup. Obviously at the MXoN you were the guy. At the SMX early it looked like Gajser was the quickest guy, but you showed throughout the evening that you were very quick. Coming back from the back, and winning that final race. How excited are you for next year with that type of form? I think everyone is excited for next year.

Herlings: Everyone has been waiting for this moment for a couple of years, Herlings moving up to the 450, so see how I do. It brings a lot of pressure, but I am so excited to race. So many people are saying once I get off the 250 I won’t be the same, that the 450 is too tough, and I can’t wait to prove those people wrong. I am not saying I am going to win, and I know it won’t be easy, because Febvre, Gajser and Cairoli, those guys are on their game, and I know it will be tough, but after going to the des Nations, and I just had three or four days on the bike. I won my qualification, I won the final moto and I went 2-1 for the day. I won my class overall, and we nearly won the event with Team Holland. At the SMX Cup I definitely had some bad luck. First race I got in contact with Febvre and we both went down and I could only finish fifth, second moto holeshot and crashed, but came from last to fifth and then last moto came from 10th to first, so I think I had the fastest speed of anyone. We have now had more testing and improving the speed and I am definitely looking forward to Qatar. I think it will be a good event and it’s a long series, we went from 18 rounds to 20, so a long, long season, but I can’t wait for the gate to drop.

155410_herlings_decoster_kinigadner_smx_2016_49x3472

MXLarge: There is talk that the 450 will be more dangerous than the 250, but I would think the 250 is actually more dangerous for you, because you have to override that thing and because of your weight. How do you see it?

Herlings: I think the riding part, it will be easier, obviously the competition will be stronger, but riding wise, I was heavy, and my starts were not always great. I mean I got the holeshot sometimes, but often I had to fight my way through from 10th or 5th or whatever. I think now, weight isn’t an issue. I mean I would prefer to be like Cairoli, he’s like 67 instead of 80, but I think we will be more solid on the bigger bike. The competition will be stronger, and you have to be really consistent in the MXGP class and to be at every race is a big thing. In this sport, it’s difficult to always be healthy and always on the gate, but we will see.

MXlarge: Do you think the fact the competition so strong is, that that might actually make you mentally stronger and more focused? You used to go into the MX2 class and know anything other than first was not good enough, but in MXGP a second or third is acceptable. Does that make you sharper mental wise?

Herlings: Look at Gajser, in the middle of the season and he was winning everything andt then suddenly everyone was like, he’s not winning anymore, he’s not doing good. At the start of the season everyone expected if he was top five he would be doing great. If you are winning and winning, then you don’t win, everyone is like, oh, look, he isn’t in good shape, he’s going down and I think that is the wrong way to look at it. I think this year if I went to the gate it was like, what is up with Herlings, but sometimes I had an off day or somebody rode well, but I won 14 GP’s and finished second in the other, so I was very consistent, but next year it isn’t realistic to expect that. The MXGP class everyone is so strong and fit, so many good guys. I think even speed doesn’t mean anything, you can have the speed, but you need to also be consistent. This year some guys fell out and some guys got hurt, something always happens. I think the key for winning the championship next year is to be consistent.
GregDVT
10/27/2016 11:32am
line-up wrote:
Red Bull KTM Factory rider Jeffrey Herlings has a pretty exciting event coming up. The Red Bull Knock Out, which is run long the Dutch coast-line...
Red Bull KTM Factory rider Jeffrey Herlings has a pretty exciting event coming up. The Red Bull Knock Out, which is run long the Dutch coast-line is very much a race that attracts massive crowds and is considered the biggest most demanding beach race in the world.

On November 19 the three times MX2 world champion will go head to head with fellow Red Bull KTM Factory rider, MXoN team-mate and fellow Dutchman, Glen Coldenhoff. If you want to see the best sand rider in the world in action, then get to Scheveningen to witness something really special.

herlings-mxon

We caught up with Herlings this morning and did this two part interview. His expectations for the Red Bull Knock Out, his 2016 season and what to expect when he moves up to the MXGP class in 2017. A pretty good read, so enjoy.

MXlarge: Jeffrey, can you tell me what you expect from the Red Bull Knock Out?

Herlings: It’s a big event for Red Bull and they really want me to do it. It is a great opportunity and it’s a really good event in Holland. It is also a big event with a lot of media, and it’s in the sand, so I think it will be good.

MXlarge: From memory last year you just did a lap around the circuit didn’t you?

Herlings: Yes, I did one lap around the track and I had just come back from my hip injury, so my second day on the bike and I did one quick lap for Red Bull and social media. I didn’t race but I am looking forward to racing this year.

herlings-uk

MXLarge: As you mentioned, it’s a massive race in Holland. Seeing it last year, and not being able to race it, how was that? Are you excited for this race?

Herlings: Definitely, because when I saw it I thought, man, I wish I could race this race. It’s a long race, deep sand, like an enduro race. There is a lot of people on the track at the same time. There are professionals, there are amateurs, and people who only race maybe a couple of times a year, so the level is very different. It’s a little dangerous, but at the same time it’s half motocross, half enduro and I am looking forward to it. It would be great to win there.

MXLarge: How has preperation been for this event?

Herlings: Straight after the SMX Cup we have been training for it. Riding like two hours, or sometimes more. Just emptying the fuel tank and going again, to get the endurance for it.

MXlarge: Looking at the straight, its massive. How long is that straight and what type of speeds do you get up to there?

Herlings: Apparently its going to be 2.5km, and I think around 180kl per hour. I am not sure if my official race bike will be ready, at the moment I am just riding a normal bike. They said we should reach around 180, something like that.

herlings-coldenhoff-bogers

MXlarge: What is that going to be like?

Herlings: Scary man, it’s going to be scary. With so many people riding at that speed, if something goes wrong, at that speed, then you will have bad day.

MXlarge: On another subject. Talking about your form at the MXoN and the SMX Cup. Obviously at the MXoN you were the guy. At the SMX early it looked like Gajser was the quickest guy, but you showed throughout the evening that you were very quick. Coming back from the back, and winning that final race. How excited are you for next year with that type of form? I think everyone is excited for next year.

Herlings: Everyone has been waiting for this moment for a couple of years, Herlings moving up to the 450, so see how I do. It brings a lot of pressure, but I am so excited to race. So many people are saying once I get off the 250 I won’t be the same, that the 450 is too tough, and I can’t wait to prove those people wrong. I am not saying I am going to win, and I know it won’t be easy, because Febvre, Gajser and Cairoli, those guys are on their game, and I know it will be tough, but after going to the des Nations, and I just had three or four days on the bike. I won my qualification, I won the final moto and I went 2-1 for the day. I won my class overall, and we nearly won the event with Team Holland. At the SMX Cup I definitely had some bad luck. First race I got in contact with Febvre and we both went down and I could only finish fifth, second moto holeshot and crashed, but came from last to fifth and then last moto came from 10th to first, so I think I had the fastest speed of anyone. We have now had more testing and improving the speed and I am definitely looking forward to Qatar. I think it will be a good event and it’s a long series, we went from 18 rounds to 20, so a long, long season, but I can’t wait for the gate to drop.

155410_herlings_decoster_kinigadner_smx_2016_49x3472

MXLarge: There is talk that the 450 will be more dangerous than the 250, but I would think the 250 is actually more dangerous for you, because you have to override that thing and because of your weight. How do you see it?

Herlings: I think the riding part, it will be easier, obviously the competition will be stronger, but riding wise, I was heavy, and my starts were not always great. I mean I got the holeshot sometimes, but often I had to fight my way through from 10th or 5th or whatever. I think now, weight isn’t an issue. I mean I would prefer to be like Cairoli, he’s like 67 instead of 80, but I think we will be more solid on the bigger bike. The competition will be stronger, and you have to be really consistent in the MXGP class and to be at every race is a big thing. In this sport, it’s difficult to always be healthy and always on the gate, but we will see.

MXlarge: Do you think the fact the competition so strong is, that that might actually make you mentally stronger and more focused? You used to go into the MX2 class and know anything other than first was not good enough, but in MXGP a second or third is acceptable. Does that make you sharper mental wise?

Herlings: Look at Gajser, in the middle of the season and he was winning everything andt then suddenly everyone was like, he’s not winning anymore, he’s not doing good. At the start of the season everyone expected if he was top five he would be doing great. If you are winning and winning, then you don’t win, everyone is like, oh, look, he isn’t in good shape, he’s going down and I think that is the wrong way to look at it. I think this year if I went to the gate it was like, what is up with Herlings, but sometimes I had an off day or somebody rode well, but I won 14 GP’s and finished second in the other, so I was very consistent, but next year it isn’t realistic to expect that. The MXGP class everyone is so strong and fit, so many good guys. I think even speed doesn’t mean anything, you can have the speed, but you need to also be consistent. This year some guys fell out and some guys got hurt, something always happens. I think the key for winning the championship next year is to be consistent.
Maybe you could have just posted the link
TMV
10/27/2016 12:00pm
GregDVT wrote:
Maybe you could have just posted the link
You may be new to this but nobody wants to give views to MXLarge and MXGeoff here. They consider him too anti-american and too.. Well too close to Luongo's nuts...
Firefly47
10/27/2016 12:18pm
If he comes to America, MXGeoff will call him a rookie for the first 3 years here.

Post a reply to: Herlings in the States?

The Latest