Herlings has proven his worth

Jimmy_Sloan
Great ride by the champ, showing the world that he's one of the best no matter the competition.
|
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
9/11/2016 6:06pm
Until he rules the 85 class there will always be an asterisk. Tongue
RangerLee
9/11/2016 6:09pm
I did not know he had to prove his worth. He did show that maybe jetlag could have been a factor last week.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
9/11/2016 6:15pm
I was really surprised with Herlings today. Watching him in person is very impressive. great way for him to end his 250 career.

The Shop

MotoX85
9/11/2016 6:41pm
Is this some new guy coming up or something.
Thelen20
9/11/2016 6:59pm
If herlings quit today he would go down as one of the best to ever do it imo, he has next level talent and is amazing to watch!
9/11/2016 7:02pm
Yea. I like him. Read an interview recently, I dint think he's a big shithead like everyone tries to make him out to be.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
9/11/2016 7:05pm
I'm sorry but when time came to it, Webb vs Herling, Webb won.
9/11/2016 7:05pm
RangerLee wrote:
I did not know he had to prove his worth. He did show that maybe jetlag could have been a factor last week.
Yeah. Jetlag or Cooper Webb. One or the other.
MotoX85
9/11/2016 7:08pm
Thelen20 wrote:
If herlings quit today he would go down as one of the best to ever do it imo, he has next level talent and is amazing...
If herlings quit today he would go down as one of the best to ever do it imo, he has next level talent and is amazing to watch!
Ummm....no!!!!!
kiwifan
9/11/2016 7:16pm
Lets see, got beaten last week, but won today...does that mean he is the best? Certainly a great 250 rider, no doubt about it...but has quite a injury history, will be interesting to see if he can stay healthy in the faster MX1 class. It will be an exciting year in 2017 in MX1.

Fourth_Floor
9/11/2016 7:25pm
Basing off his interviews, he actually seems like a pretty decent guy. I'll be rooting him on in MXGP or if he comes over here eventually.
MotoX85
9/11/2016 7:26pm
I will say this, if he does not win in his Rookie year, does that mean Geyser and Febvre are/were better. I mean Febvre took down an 8 time champ 2 yrs younger than when Herlings gonna race him. I will say that if he doesn't win his Rookie year, he better never be mentioned ahead of RF461 and TG243 ever again until he has more championships.
Sodipop
9/11/2016 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 7:32pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I will say this, if he does not win in his Rookie year, does that mean Geyser and Febvre are/were better. I mean Febvre took down...
I will say this, if he does not win in his Rookie year, does that mean Geyser and Febvre are/were better. I mean Febvre took down an 8 time champ 2 yrs younger than when Herlings gonna race him. I will say that if he doesn't win his Rookie year, he better never be mentioned ahead of RF461 and TG243 ever again until he has more championships.
If he stays healthy and just gets beat then the anti-herlings mafia gets total justification but I will be absolutely shocked if anyone currently in mx1 has anything for him
MotoX85
9/11/2016 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 7:33pm
Basing off his interviews, he actually seems like a pretty decent guy. I'll be rooting him on in MXGP or if he comes over here eventually.
Really, how many people mention in an interview 1 week after getting beat straight up, that they're the best "lites" rider ever. Don't care how many GP victories he has, you just lost, you've never raced the AMA, and your the best ever. Dudes back to being a tool. His gallatically inflated ego and massively narcissistic personality are going to make him the most hated champion in history. That is one record he will have no problem beating and holding for a long time.
kiwifan
9/11/2016 8:15pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I will say this, if he does not win in his Rookie year, does that mean Geyser and Febvre are/were better. I mean Febvre took down...
Sodipop wrote:
If he stays healthy and just gets beat then the anti-herlings mafia gets total justification but I will be absolutely shocked if anyone currently in mx1...
If he stays healthy and just gets beat then the anti-herlings mafia gets total justification but I will be absolutely shocked if anyone currently in mx1 has anything for him
Really so you think hes going to hop on the 450 and spank everyone in MX1? I mean i know Gajser did just that this year but I am not so sure Herlings will have an easy/comfortable ride...look to him to win a few GP's but not the title is my prediction. Happy to be proven wrong of course.
Katoomey
9/11/2016 8:48pm
Great ride by the champ, showing the world that he's one of the best no matter the competition.
ok... I guess if he has "proven his worth" to you, then that settles it. you are after all, the master of motocross.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
9/11/2016 8:53pm
Thelen20 wrote:
If herlings quit today he would go down as one of the best to ever do it imo, he has next level talent and is amazing...
You are probably right.
friday10
9/11/2016 8:55pm
The guy is a bad ass on a motorcycle! Enjoy the show!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
9/11/2016 8:59pm
kiwifan wrote:
Really so you think hes going to hop on the 450 and spank everyone in MX1? I mean i know Gajser did just that this year...
Really so you think hes going to hop on the 450 and spank everyone in MX1? I mean i know Gajser did just that this year but I am not so sure Herlings will have an easy/comfortable ride...look to him to win a few GP's but not the title is my prediction. Happy to be proven wrong of course.
I think that is the general consensus. So, yes.
Sodipop
9/11/2016 9:21pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
If he stays healthy and just gets beat then the anti-herlings mafia gets total justification but I will be absolutely shocked if anyone currently in mx1...
kiwifan wrote:
Really so you think hes going to hop on the 450 and spank everyone in MX1? I mean i know Gajser did just that this year...
I believe in him that much. And if he doesn't, I was wrong. I think he's on the level of Roczen, Dungey, and Tomac
dirtnapper
9/11/2016 9:23pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Really, how many people mention in an interview 1 week after getting beat straight up, that they're the best "lites" rider ever. Don't care how many...
Really, how many people mention in an interview 1 week after getting beat straight up, that they're the best "lites" rider ever. Don't care how many GP victories he has, you just lost, you've never raced the AMA, and your the best ever. Dudes back to being a tool. His gallatically inflated ego and massively narcissistic personality are going to make him the most hated champion in history. That is one record he will have no problem beating and holding for a long time.
Have to agree with this post.....
Thelen20
9/11/2016 10:07pm
Thelen20 wrote:
MotoX85 wrote:
Ummm....no!!!!!
Why not??? I have seen him do things in the sand that no other rider has ever done . . . And he is pretty darn good everywhere else too.

Injury/crash prone? yes . . . Can be a jerk at times? yes . . . One of the most amazingly talented riders of all time who has pulled off things on a dirtbike that are mind blowing? yes

USMCMXer
9/11/2016 10:11pm
kiwifan wrote:
kzizok wrote:
I think that is the general consensus. So, yes.
A healthy Herlings will have zero trouble winning the MXGP title next season, in my opinion.
Don't forget he also has one more crack at 3 Americans at the Des Nations. Fast, small-bore riders have swept that race in the past, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had some renewed sense of motivation to beat Webb, especially being on a 450?
We are the real winners, getting to watch it!
9/11/2016 10:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 10:18pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Really, how many people mention in an interview 1 week after getting beat straight up, that they're the best "lites" rider ever. Don't care how many...
dirtnapper wrote:
Have to agree with this post.....
Sorry, but that is a ridiculous post. A guy can't lose a race, after flying across an ocean, and coming off an injury? Funny... Oh, and he won Moto 1. Minor detail.
Prntscrn
9/11/2016 10:26pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Didn't he said he had the best record with like 61 GP wins and 3 titles? Not that he was the fastest of all time..
Project 2501
Fantasy
394th
9/11/2016 10:38pm
He's going to be super validated when he gets to this thread and realizes he's finally met expectations.
The Rock
9/11/2016 10:43pm
burn1986 wrote:
Until he rules the 85 class there will always be an asterisk. Tongue
Took me just a moment. Excellent response. Well played.
endurox
9/11/2016 11:02pm
It took Villipoto 4 races to figure out Euro style tracks. Took Herlings 2 races. Webb and Herlings are both the fastest 250 guys. Hope they equal respect for each other.

Post a reply to: Herlings has proven his worth

The Latest