Herlings going for the hattrick

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2014 3:11pm
Watching this I kinda feel bad for any other MX2 riders this year...

Its not like he used to be in bad physical condition. I think the only time I can remember seeing him fade at the end of a moto was at Lommel mxon in the 3rd race where he came from a start crash to almost catching Cairoli. He's gonna be a beast if he trains that more seriously now
|
Crush
1/18/2014 2:12am
Honestly he needs to step up to some higher competition and challenge himself. Either into MX1 or USA
Yep.
1/18/2014 2:17am
Jeffrey cant work half he's the kind of guy thats goes ALL OR NOTHING all the time
If he is out on track he's always giving all he's got even during the week he's always pushing himself further and further
Bennydic
1/18/2014 2:20am
Honestly he needs to step up to some higher competition and challenge himself. Either into MX1 or USA
Crush wrote:
Yep.
Yep x 2

The Shop

1/18/2014 3:04am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2014 3:05am
It would have been interesting to see him at least race a few rounds in the West, like Roczen did in 2011...
It sure would be.

But what is there to gain for his employer? Risk is higher then the reward since they already have 2 good 450 riders and now with Anderson winning 2 races in a row there is nothing to gain for KTM by sending Herlings over. Looks to me that they are preparing him for mx1 so he can dominate there when Cairoli retires.
DP#201
1/18/2014 3:29am
Crush wrote:
Yep.
hmm… I don't see the competition any stronger in the US lites this year, than the MX2 WC. And i makes sense that he is not riding MX1 this year, as he is still only 18 yrs old. He will gain some more confidence this year, and hopefully he can beat Cairoli when he moves up to the big boys. Would be a dream scenario for him..
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/18/2014 3:36am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2014 3:36am
But by the time he steps up to MX1 (2015) Cairoli will turn 30 years - not sure how long he can still race at that high level. I dont think he will have much for Herlings - maybe in the first year but as soon as Herlings gets a bit used to the big bike and class there wont be much competition in that class either
too bad he really doesnt seem interested in moving to the US
burnside
1/18/2014 5:26am
Yawwwwwwwwwwn.

Dullest class in pro-motocross until he moves up.
1/18/2014 5:53am
Didnt he give himself an injury whilst running and then ignored what the doctors said and carried on running which aggrevated the injury even more to the point that he can't ride or train at the moment?
machine
1/18/2014 5:58am
Big fish in a small pond....
1/18/2014 5:59am
thats why he's training in the water and no bike rides or runs for him , recovering from an injury in water by swimming is the best you can do without loosing to much cardio fitness, in the gym he's working on arm and core strength no leg excursuses at this moment
1/18/2014 6:03am
As much as I like his style and speed just like I am a big Cairoli fan......neither of them will be anything in the record books until they race a US series. I like Germany but was never a big Roczen fan but he is winning me over.....he has a work ethic.....he wants to be the best......not just rack up titles in the lesser series. Are Roczen and Cairoli racers or just in it for the loot?
PressPassP
1/18/2014 6:06am
burnside wrote:
Yawwwwwwwwwwn.

As long as the cameras don't follow him winning all the time,the rest of the class should be great to watch,the race for podiums last year was as good as any at times
davistld01
1/18/2014 6:46am
As much as I like his style and speed just like I am a big Cairoli fan......neither of them will be anything in the record books...
As much as I like his style and speed just like I am a big Cairoli fan......neither of them will be anything in the record books until they race a US series. I like Germany but was never a big Roczen fan but he is winning me over.....he has a work ethic.....he wants to be the best......not just rack up titles in the lesser series. Are Roczen and Cairoli racers or just in it for the loot?
I believe Tony Cairoli is one of the world's finest motocross racers...and also one of the smartest. Yes, he's a fierce competitor, with skills that enable him (like RC) to raise his game to a higher level when faced with new competition. He's damn good, and his championship records proves it. But, he has made millions on the GP circuit where he's comfortable with the people, food and schedule. He has a beautiful wife (Jill), a great fan base and huge support from KTM. He has said that he has no desire to come to the US, and why would he? He comes to the US on unfamiliar soil and has to live an unfamiliar lifestyle, and will get ridiculed the first time he loses on unfamiliar tracks on a bike with an unfamiliar setup. He knows what side of the bread his butter goes on. He isn't "in it for the loot", at least not for that only I don't think...but the loot doesn't hurt. I think TC is just a very smart guy.

Roczen...still immature. Hard to tell what his real motivation (if any) is outside of just loving to race and having a strong drive to be the best. He and TC are two completely different personalities.
Insider347
1/18/2014 7:09am
As much as I like his style and speed just like I am a big Cairoli fan......neither of them will be anything in the record books...
davistld01 wrote:
I believe Tony Cairoli is one of the world's finest motocross racers...and also one of the smartest. Yes, he's a fierce competitor, with skills that enable...
I believe Tony Cairoli is one of the world's finest motocross racers...and also one of the smartest. Yes, he's a fierce competitor, with skills that enable him (like RC) to raise his game to a higher level when faced with new competition. He's damn good, and his championship records proves it. But, he has made millions on the GP circuit where he's comfortable with the people, food and schedule. He has a beautiful wife (Jill), a great fan base and huge support from KTM. He has said that he has no desire to come to the US, and why would he? He comes to the US on unfamiliar soil and has to live an unfamiliar lifestyle, and will get ridiculed the first time he loses on unfamiliar tracks on a bike with an unfamiliar setup. He knows what side of the bread his butter goes on. He isn't "in it for the loot", at least not for that only I don't think...but the loot doesn't hurt. I think TC is just a very smart guy.

Roczen...still immature. Hard to tell what his real motivation (if any) is outside of just loving to race and having a strong drive to be the best. He and TC are two completely different personalities.
That's so dumb to say why would he come to the U.S.. Because it's were the top MX series is and he has won everything in the GPs. He has all the right to not come and be happy with what he's won but a majority of racers would take the opportunity to challenge for the ultimate championship and be noted for winning at the highest level. Again, he can do whatever he likes and he's a badass on the bike but I think most racers that would dominate like him in the GPs would love to take it to the top level where ever it may be. It's kinda like having the opportunity to race the A class but choosing to keep winning the B class championships forever because I don't want to leave my comfort one.
No disrespect to AC, just saying most would take the opportunity to at least try. If he's happy then that's all that matters but to question "why would he come to the US?" is retarded.
1/18/2014 7:20am
Moens_Andy wrote:
thats why he's training in the water and no bike rides or runs for him , recovering from an injury in water by swimming is the...
thats why he's training in the water and no bike rides or runs for him , recovering from an injury in water by swimming is the best you can do without loosing to much cardio fitness, in the gym he's working on arm and core strength no leg excursuses at this moment
He wouldn't be in that situation if he'd listened to the doctors though. It's currently stopping him from riding.
burnside
1/18/2014 7:23am
burnside wrote:
Yawwwwwwwwwwn.

PressPassP wrote:
As long as the cameras don't follow him winning all the time,the rest of the class should be great to watch,the race for podiums last year...
As long as the cameras don't follow him winning all the time,the rest of the class should be great to watch,the race for podiums last year was as good as any at times
That's probably true - to be honest I think I lost interest in that class when Searle moved up.
jamma10
1/18/2014 7:24am
It annoys me every time I read that he should move up.

If he wants to race another season in MX2 why the hell shouldn't he? He's still got about 12 years of racing at the very highest level ahead of him and he's making decisions that are right for him. There is no rush WHATSOEVER.
jamma10
1/18/2014 7:28am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2014 7:29am
Insider347 wrote:
That's so dumb to say why would he come to the U.S.. Because it's were the top MX series is and he has won everything in...
That's so dumb to say why would he come to the U.S.. Because it's were the top MX series is and he has won everything in the GPs. He has all the right to not come and be happy with what he's won but a majority of racers would take the opportunity to challenge for the ultimate championship and be noted for winning at the highest level. Again, he can do whatever he likes and he's a badass on the bike but I think most racers that would dominate like him in the GPs would love to take it to the top level where ever it may be. It's kinda like having the opportunity to race the A class but choosing to keep winning the B class championships forever because I don't want to leave my comfort one.
No disrespect to AC, just saying most would take the opportunity to at least try. If he's happy then that's all that matters but to question "why would he come to the US?" is retarded.
Exactly the same could be said for all the mollycoddled American riders who stay in their comfort zone.

Which Motocross series is best is totally subjective.
zook11
1/18/2014 7:32am
Crush wrote:
Yep.
Bennydic wrote:
Yep x 2
Yep x3

But I can't blame him, I wouldn't wanna race cairoli either.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/18/2014 7:32am
davistld01 wrote:
I believe Tony Cairoli is one of the world's finest motocross racers...and also one of the smartest. Yes, he's a fierce competitor, with skills that enable...

Insider347 wrote:
That's so dumb to say why would he come to the U.S.. Because it's were the top MX series is and he has won everything in...
He doenst race SX, he's too old to learn it properly now. It would make sense if he raced both but its not gonna happen.
So why would he go over for racing from may till september? The only reason I see is money but I guess he has enough and will make a lot more...
And I'm not sure what you think makes the outdoors that much better than the GPs (competition-wise - ofcourse Luongo and the whole system sucks but still the GP riders are no slouches).
You can say Cairoli has to go over and battle RV (thats the only one I think that can run with him) but you can as well say RV has to go over and battle Cairoli...
Imho both series are pretty equal (in the big class), its a totally different story for Herlings since the MX2 class isnt really full of fast guys since Roczen and Searle leaved
1/18/2014 7:43am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2014 7:53am
The best of the entire AMA failed to get near the GP guys at the last 2 MXdN,did RV dodge a bullet?

Fast is fast,especially on "home" turf
1/18/2014 7:44am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2014 7:49am
davistld01 wrote:

Insider347 wrote:
Pretty sure Cairoli came over with the U.S gp (but I am sure you already knew that as you are obviously an expert) I think Alessi was the only TOP TIER rider at the time with the balls to step in, any hardcore GP fan could call the Americans out based on this....I WONT.

When was the last time any U.S rider made a visit to the gp tracks? They dont, you wanna know why? Because they are not internet warriors with a point to prove, they dont sit at home calling the gp riders pussies or slow or of a lesser value talent wise. They are focused on what they want to achieve at home.

It's a bit early in the year for this sort of talk but Zach came over and went back a much better rider, that's all I'm saying.

davistld - you are in the middle of a bad quote unfortunately, it's not aimed at you.
1/18/2014 7:47am
YOU ARE ON REALLY BAD DRUGS !!!

Read what you just posted, specifically the 2nd sentence.
1/18/2014 7:48am
davistld01 wrote:

Insider347 wrote:
And who in the US series would've beaten Cairoli to his recent titles in the "lesser series"?

Aside from maybe RV leaving home and his comfort zone,anyone else would have a massive challenge,AC222 doesn't always have it his own way either,there are riders example beat him at times and have great rides,take the last 2 MXdN for example,you could argue it makes Dungey's titles look like they've been won in a lesser series for example,Roczen didn't do a season in MX1 which was a shame

While the US has the biggest infrastructure and industry,comparing the 2series is like oranges and apples,we've never seen a top US rider try MX1 to see how tough the GP's are,it's pretty safe to say that the top guys from each series are at their best in their own series
1/18/2014 7:50am
Insider347 wrote:
You as well.

Bad drugs
PressPassP
1/18/2014 8:25am
burnside wrote:
Yawwwwwwwwwwn.

PressPassP wrote:
As long as the cameras don't follow him winning all the time,the rest of the class should be great to watch,the race for podiums last year...
burnside wrote:
That's probably true - to be honest I think I lost interest in that class when Searle moved up.
Yeah,some great battles there,and a good rivalry,the atmophere was certainly "frosty" at times!

Guys like Tixier,Charlier,Coldenhoff,Butron,Febvre,Petrov,Ferrandis,Lupino,Tonkov,Anstie and Teillet all podiumed,Tonus is back too I think,he should be up there somewhere,the gap on Herlings has definately closed,I doubt he'll be too troubled though
jeffro503
1/18/2014 8:41am
Oh Gawd........not this shit again.........

Post a reply to: Herlings going for the hattrick

The Latest