Herlings at Unadilla/RC/Stewart A1 match up

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 3:59am
Up until the Herlings announcement the RC/Stewart match up represented the most anticipation I have ever had for a race but I do believe I am even more amped for Unadilla than I was A1.

To put the excitement I had in 2004 for A1 into perspective about a year and a half working for the world's largest manufacturer of antennas I blew off my first trip to Asia (never got to go after that and for sure it wasn't my brightest career move) so I wouldn't miss A1 but it turned out to be a freaking mud bog. Little over two years later that decision came back to bite me in the butt but as my mom says "we don't know we're making a mistake when we're making it."

What race(s) have been important to you to see?
|
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/20/2014 9:43pm
This will piss some people off but if someone says James and RC in SX first time, it wasn't a race. RC was points leader when all the hype of James going against RC for the first time blew up. RC said he was not going to race him because his team wanted that championship. James caught RC and passed him. RC stopped on the top of the berm and lifted his leg fully letting James by. No fight. You had never once seen RC just pull up and let someone by ever before. I am not saying James wouldn't of beat him anyway but RC said he was not getting into that hype and was riding conservative at that point. It sucked that James got hurt at start of season as they would of really battled. So that one was anticipated but not really straight up. RC vs MC was the one for me. I was so torn on who I wanted to win with all three of those guys.
7/20/2014 9:55pm
RC got smoked. It happened a lot. James was a faster SX rider than him.
jeffro503
7/20/2014 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2014 10:09pm
Dart Board wrote:
RC got smoked. It happened a lot. James was a faster SX rider than him.
There were quite a few races that RC " Could have " gone faster.....but didn't need / want to. Why beat someone in a strait up dog fight when you KNOW sooner or later the competition was just going to take himself out.

Being " the fastest " at certain races.....doesn't make you the best. Having the title at the end does.....that's why it's called a title.

It's like some dude winning 3 rounds against Floyd Mayweather , and Floyd winning the other 9. And some blind fans still think the dude who won the 3 rounds is / should be the champ.

Champions don't need to win the battles.....they win the wars.

The Shop

jeffro503
7/20/2014 10:17pm
Dart Board wrote:
Stop. RC was great.

Give Stewart his due.
I am giving Stewart his due. James was faster than RC at quite a few races ( mostly SX )........but RC only had to sit back and wait. Championships are what count. Winning , then wrecking your brains out aint a good plan on winning championships.

How about you start giving RC the credit where credit is due?

There is a reason people call him the fucking GOAT!
Mr. G
7/20/2014 10:21pm
It is technically impossible not to call RC the GOAT considering his wins. James is just a freak of talent at the extreme end of the scale that never materialized into the number of championships that should have been.
7/21/2014 1:35am
The Rock wrote:
Up until the Herlings announcement the RC/Stewart match up represented the most anticipation I have ever had for a race but I do believe I am...
Up until the Herlings announcement the RC/Stewart match up represented the most anticipation I have ever had for a race but I do believe I am even more amped for Unadilla than I was A1.

To put the excitement I had in 2004 for A1 into perspective about a year and a half working for the world's largest manufacturer of antennas I blew off my first trip to Asia (never got to go after that and for sure it wasn't my brightest career move) so I wouldn't miss A1 but it turned out to be a freaking mud bog. Little over two years later that decision came back to bite me in the butt but as my mom says "we don't know we're making a mistake when we're making it."

What race(s) have been important to you to see?
i was excited to see the everts vs stewart match up at matterly basin mx des nations in 2006- really glad i went to that event to see it in person, was a great end to everts' career. Massive crowd- fantastic event! lived up to the excitement and surpassed it in my opinion- it was even better than i thought it would be

Namur 2001 mx des nations was a great event too- looked forward to that just with it being namur, such a special unique place- really glad i went there. We wont ever see a track like that again in my life time.

I would love to be going to unadilla, but will definitely be watching it from across the pond- hoping that DC can sort out some way of us watching the 2nd motos live, it would suck if we have to wait a couple of days to watch all the races!!!
The Rock
7/21/2014 2:29am
i was excited to see the everts vs stewart match up at matterly basin mx des nations in 2006- really glad i went to that event...
i was excited to see the everts vs stewart match up at matterly basin mx des nations in 2006- really glad i went to that event to see it in person, was a great end to everts' career. Massive crowd- fantastic event! lived up to the excitement and surpassed it in my opinion- it was even better than i thought it would be

Namur 2001 mx des nations was a great event too- looked forward to that just with it being namur, such a special unique place- really glad i went there. We wont ever see a track like that again in my life time.

I would love to be going to unadilla, but will definitely be watching it from across the pond- hoping that DC can sort out some way of us watching the 2nd motos live, it would suck if we have to wait a couple of days to watch all the races!!!
Excellent you were at Matterly Basin and saw Everts last race plus at a venue like Matterly Basin.

You're killing me you also got to see the des Nations at Namur! I was there the year before for the 250/500cc GP and echo your sentiments about Namur. I crashed and burned on that off camber downhill just walking the track on Friday but contributing factors were serious mud plus sleep deprivation.
FIREfish148
7/21/2014 2:57am
I had to see the start of the outdoors last year so I left Seattle at 11am and showed up at Holiday inn in Sacramento at 11 pm.

Watching McGrath at the Kingdome in 98 and 99 as a kid was probably the most excited I have ever been for a race though. I was super excited to get the chance to finally see Pastrana at Washougal in 2000. And Bubba in 2002 was pretty insane to watch,

I used to watch Lance Smail obliterate all the locals up here every Friday night at SIR. What was crazy about it was he would stand up the entire race sometimes and still kick everyone's ass. That was always something to look forward to seeing.
7/21/2014 3:39am
I had to see the start of the outdoors last year so I left Seattle at 11am and showed up at Holiday inn in Sacramento at...
I had to see the start of the outdoors last year so I left Seattle at 11am and showed up at Holiday inn in Sacramento at 11 pm.

Watching McGrath at the Kingdome in 98 and 99 as a kid was probably the most excited I have ever been for a race though. I was super excited to get the chance to finally see Pastrana at Washougal in 2000. And Bubba in 2002 was pretty insane to watch,

I used to watch Lance Smail obliterate all the locals up here every Friday night at SIR. What was crazy about it was he would stand up the entire race sometimes and still kick everyone's ass. That was always something to look forward to seeing.
i would have loved to see bubba on the 125!
MX181NL
7/21/2014 3:59am
Herlings, as it looks like right now, is probably out. Read this on a Dutch mx news site.

Jeffrey Herlings is in de eerste manche van de 85cc klasse hard ten val gekomen. Hij reed opdat moment op een tweede plaats achter Roan van de Moosdijk. Hij wordt nu verzorgd door de EHBO maar het ziet er niet goed uit!
Het lijkt op een bovenbeenbreuk!

Translation:
Jeffrey Herlings crashed hard in the first moto of the 85cc class. He was riding in second behind Roan van de Moosdijk. He is now been taken care of by the medical crew, but it doesn't look good. Looks like a broken femur.

FYI he was riding a 85cc bike at the Everts and friends event at Genk.

Post a reply to: Herlings at Unadilla/RC/Stewart A1 match up

The Latest