Edited Date/Time 12/1/2013 12:16pm
|
jmc2
Fantasy
1626th
11/29/2013 8:51pm
Well done, thanks for that.
11/29/2013 10:18pm
Perceived by many as not very personable but Glover always held his own against some stiff competition and better equipment.
Sully
11/29/2013 11:24pm
Perceived by many as not very personable but Glover always held his own against some stiff competition and better equipment.
Anyone who saw Broc as not being very personable has obviously never talked to the guy. He used to come into the restaurant I worked at occasionally, and every time he was alone, he would spend at least an hour just chatting with me about his career, and motocross in general.

Tony, I think you hit another one out of the park, but you did miss one picture from the pinnacle of Broc's career: Carl from Winner Takes All!
11/30/2013 12:11am
Sully wrote:
Anyone who saw Broc as not being very personable has obviously never talked to the guy. He used to come into the restaurant I worked at...
Anyone who saw Broc as not being very personable has obviously never talked to the guy. He used to come into the restaurant I worked at occasionally, and every time he was alone, he would spend at least an hour just chatting with me about his career, and motocross in general.

Tony, I think you hit another one out of the park, but you did miss one picture from the pinnacle of Broc's career: Carl from Winner Takes All!
I agree, sometimes it seemed that the bigger the audience the more he closed up.

Might have something to do with most of the people talking about it approached him at the track before the race too.

He amassed a ton of victories and titles, one of the all time greats that probably got less than his share of the recognition, although he may have wanted it that way.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
11/30/2013 5:32am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2013 5:32am
A great champion that is unfortunately overshadowed by Bailey, Ward, and Johnson.
Coyote
11/30/2013 4:49pm
Sully wrote:
Anyone who saw Broc as not being very personable has obviously never talked to the guy. He used to come into the restaurant I worked at...

I agree, sometimes it seemed that the bigger the audience the more he closed up. Might have something to do with most of the people talking...
I agree, sometimes it seemed that the bigger the audience the more he closed up.

Might have something to do with most of the people talking about it approached him at the track before the race too.

He amassed a ton of victories and titles, one of the all time greats that probably got less than his share of the recognition, although he may have wanted it that way.
Anyone who saw Broc as not being very personable has obviously never talked to the guy...x friggin 1000...one of the most personable people you'll ever meet...great pictorial highlighting a career anybody would be envious of!! his golf game...that's another story..lol!!
tblazier
11/30/2013 5:00pm
Sully wrote:

LOL would you believe I actually looked for a pic of him from that tour de force but could not find any. I almost threw in a screen shot for the hell of it. Greatest film of all time.
BAD10
11/30/2013 7:23pm
To me Glovers style was always picrure perfect, and looked way ahead of his time on the 70's era bikes.
Sully
11/30/2013 11:09pm
Sully wrote:

tblazier wrote:
LOL would you believe I actually looked for a pic of him from that tour de force but could not find any. I almost threw in...
LOL would you believe I actually looked for a pic of him from that tour de force but could not find any. I almost threw in a screen shot for the hell of it. Greatest film of all time.
Since the thought was there, I'm willing to give you a pass and call this one a grand slam!
12/1/2013 4:38am
BAD10 wrote:
To me Glovers style was always picrure perfect, and looked way ahead of his time on the 70's era bikes.
-you r right buddy!
I do agree,his style was way ahead than many other riders but -bailey or O'Show.
However thanx again to tblazier for his new great job!
brocster
12/1/2013 6:27am
was such a fan of Broc when I was a kid. Wanted that pink JT gear to race BMX with. Named my son Broc as a matter of fact, but more for the "golden boy" aspect.

nice vid...thanks!
12/1/2013 10:53am
Glover was my favorite rider when I was a kid.

If there is one thing that this little picture series reminded me, is that this era of riders saw more advancement than any other on the equipment. If you look at the bikes they rode from the 70s, to the end of thier careers, our riders havent seen any real major change, other than four strokes. They have refined the bikes, but the production based rules really slowed progress I think.

These guys had thier bikes change a TON in 10 years.

The other thing that is amazing is that Glover rode and was successfull on those horrible YZ490s. I had an 82 when I was in grade 8, or about 12 or 13 years old. It was a beast. Man, I had fun on that thing, but what a pig.
Paul333
12/1/2013 12:16pm
Great video, I've always been a huge Broc Glover fan. I also noticed several shots of his 1983 OW250 works bike which I consider to be one of the coolest MX bikes ever built.

Post a reply to: Here is video I put together of "The Golden Boy" Broc Glover

The Latest