Hemonds mx park

NP301
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:19pm
Hemonds Mx Park in: Minot, Maine is the best motocross track in the north east hemonds mx home

|
Chris_ONeal
7/27/2010 2:19pm
Sure is. I love that place! Too bad its 5.5 hours from my house!
jndmx
7/27/2010 2:23pm
Yep Hemonds is a beautiful spot, just too bad it is in the middle of nowhere.
Great dirt, nice elevation changes and a tremendous family that runs it.

NP301
7/27/2010 4:36pm
Hemonds should be lorretas north east youth regional!
DrSweden
7/27/2010 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2010 6:00pm
Damn, 3 hours and 45 minutes from my place. That's a bit too much if you want to ride like a mad man as well...

Looks good though!

The Shop

chrisbuehler
7/27/2010 6:02pm
DrSweden wrote:
Damn, 3 hours and 45 minutes from my place. That's a bit too much if you want to ride like a mad man as well... Looks...
Damn, 3 hours and 45 minutes from my place. That's a bit too much if you want to ride like a mad man as well...

Looks good though!

Best track in NE by FAR Doc.
DrSweden
7/27/2010 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2010 6:43pm
Best track in NE by FAR Doc.
Crap. Don't get me starting here. Wify already thinks my trips are a bit over the top...

Well, give it a couple of weeks... Smile
dedi684
7/27/2010 6:27pm
I just went up to hemonds the week before last. What a great place! Some of these people put in alot of hard work to make these facilities top notch and it shows. Full watering systems like Hemonds are rarely if ever seen here in NY. mx207 and Crow Hill also do a tremendous job. Hats off to all of them.
DrSweden
7/27/2010 6:45pm
dedi684 wrote:
I just went up to hemonds the week before last. What a great place! Some of these people put in alot of hard work to make...
I just went up to hemonds the week before last. What a great place! Some of these people put in alot of hard work to make these facilities top notch and it shows. Full watering systems like Hemonds are rarely if ever seen here in NY. mx207 and Crow Hill also do a tremendous job. Hats off to all of them.
Hey dedi. I will try to make my friends go to Crow Hill this Saturday! You going?

Rocky Hill is also always nicely groomed as well. Mr LaRusso does a great job, and there's always practice there, no racing and shit! Smile
chrisbuehler
7/27/2010 7:00pm
dedi684 wrote:
I just went up to hemonds the week before last. What a great place! Some of these people put in alot of hard work to make...
DrSweden wrote:
Hey dedi. I will try to make my friends go to Crow Hill this Saturday! You going? Rocky Hill is also always nicely groomed as well...
Hey dedi. I will try to make my friends go to Crow Hill this Saturday! You going?

Rocky Hill is also always nicely groomed as well. Mr LaRusso does a great job, and there's always practice there, no racing and shit! Smile
You hit the big double at Rocky Hill yet?
DrSweden
7/27/2010 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2010 8:19pm
You hit the big double at Rocky Hill yet?
You mean part of that crazy triple? I was watching a guy on a CRF250 doing it, and I tried to see if he had it pinned on third or fourth gear. I was pretty sure it was third gear.

I was watching him for a while went out and was kind of going for it (not many riders clear this sucker when you are there, out of 100 riders, I'm guessing less than ten riders clear this mofo. Anyway, on the "straight" it's really a long curve with a little bump before this leap just before that one I got scared and chickened out. If you fail in this one it's not going to be pretty...

So no, but it looks like I will do it soon if I know myself... Smile

You?

At 4:13 you can see the proof of me being a coward! Wink

chrisbuehler
7/27/2010 7:48pm
Nope not me yet. What you described to a tee is the same with me. You hit the straight and come over the little hump and then......don't hit it lol. Ya I have seen maybe 3 it at most per practice day. Chris Oneil broke his back on it. Yikes
jndmx
7/27/2010 7:52pm
Nope not me yet. What you described to a tee is the same with me. You hit the straight and come over the little hump and...
Nope not me yet. What you described to a tee is the same with me. You hit the straight and come over the little hump and then......don't hit it lol. Ya I have seen maybe 3 it at most per practice day. Chris Oneil broke his back on it. Yikes
We were there a couple weeks ago on a Thursday and AJ Catanzaro was running that thing and whipping it upside down over the gap.

That jump is deceptively tricky.
I remember seeing the video that Chris posted of that jump where he broke his back....ouch.
chrisbuehler
7/27/2010 7:57pm
Nope not me yet. What you described to a tee is the same with me. You hit the straight and come over the little hump and...
jndmx wrote:
We were there a couple weeks ago on a Thursday and AJ Catanzaro was running that thing and whipping it upside down over the gap. That...
We were there a couple weeks ago on a Thursday and AJ Catanzaro was running that thing and whipping it upside down over the gap.

That jump is deceptively tricky.
I remember seeing the video that Chris posted of that jump where he broke his back....ouch.
I can only imagine AJ whippin that sucker! His corner speed is CRAZY.
jndmx
7/27/2010 8:07pm
I can only imagine AJ whippin that sucker! His corner speed is CRAZY.
It is fun to watch that kid ride, so smooth.
DrSweden
7/27/2010 8:22pm
Ok guys. Seems I don't have to be embarrassed for not clearing it then! This info that a guy broke is back in this jump kills it for me. Damn... De he get paralyzed (say no, say no)?
jndmx
7/27/2010 8:23pm
No Doc he did not get paralyzed
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/27/2010 8:41pm
I've been meaning to hit this track but it is a far trip. I love mx207, gotta hit hemonds soon
chrisbuehler
7/27/2010 8:58pm
jndmx wrote:
No Doc he did not get paralyzed
DrSweden wrote:
THANK YOU!
Ya he stills complains about being hemmed up. He's a big pussy. J/K Chris
DrSweden
7/27/2010 9:01pm
LOL! Still If he tried to clear it and failed I say he has enough balls!!! Smile
chrisbuehler
7/27/2010 9:13pm
DrSweden wrote:
LOL! Still If he tried to clear it and failed I say he has enough balls!!! Smile
He kinda overjumped it actually. Former freestyle rider and done alot bigger hits than that. He's nutty lol.
YAKMX
7/28/2010 7:26am
Cool track. When the weather cooperates we have some of the best tracks ever in the north eastern part of the USA. And I have been to Miles Mountain. Another track to be checked out as well.
DrSweden
7/28/2010 7:42am
He kinda overjumped it actually. Former freestyle rider and done alot bigger hits than that. He's nutty lol.
Ah! He chose fourth gear maybe? I was debating in my head third or forth... Smile
Chris_ONeal
7/28/2010 8:40am
I actually jumped it many many times before I broke my back. Funny thing is this is the only time I ever got it on tape!! I messed up the section before it but still went for it. Bad decision!

dedi684
7/28/2010 8:54am
dedi684 wrote:
DrSweden wrote:
Hey dedi. I will try to make my friends go to Crow Hill this Saturday! You going? Rocky Hill is also always nicely groomed as well...

not sure what's going on this weekend yet but i am going to Southwick on aug 17th for open practice.
DrSweden
8/1/2010 9:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2010 9:52pm
I actually jumped it many many times before I broke my back. Funny thing is this is the only time I ever got it on tape...
I actually jumped it many many times before I broke my back. Funny thing is this is the only time I ever got it on tape!! I messed up the section before it but still went for it. Bad decision!

Crap! That looked bad. They did the lap reverse then?

Guys, I went to Crow Hill this Sunday and what a job these people do. Perfectly groomed and very nice people (mostly women) working there and everything was neat. They watered the track all the time, so never any dust and you where not allowed to enter their restaurant without a shirt (they want class?).

Anyway, actually the best maintained facility for practice I have ever seen. Kudos to all involved. The only bad part (there's always some shit fore me) is that the jumps where a bit to easy? I mean I cleared them all on lap 4, which should be a bit more challenging for a B-rider?

Anyway, I will go there again because of the professional approach.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
8/2/2010 5:09am
Dr.Sweden, do you mean Saturday? (they aren't open sunday usually)...if so I was at crowhill on saturday as well. Good day of riding, perfect weather
jndmx
8/2/2010 7:00am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2010 7:01am
Crow Hill is an excellent facility.
The Marshall family owns/runs it and they know their stuff.

Robby Marshall you saw last year running up front at Southwick, he has been racing NESC since he was a boy and his dad "Big Rick" was racing NESC back when bike were made of steel.
It was most likely Rosie, Robby's mom you saw working the office.

Nice place to ride for sure....too bad it is 2+ hours from us.
Chris_ONeal
8/2/2010 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2010 2:23pm
I hate Crow Hill! The viewing is the worst I've ever been too and the parking Nazi is out of control. How can you have a track and only allow people to view it from one side and in a small area?? By far the worst track for spectating.

I will never waste my time with that place ever again. The 2 more hours to get to Hemonds is well worth the drive and is a million times better!

Post a reply to: Hemonds mx park

The Latest