Help..searching for funding for East Coast SX

Raegan742
Edited Date/Time 11/13/2013 6:52pm
|
RealityZ
11/10/2013 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2013 6:33pm
I can do $500 at 20%, for first 3 rounds.

PM for details.

The Shop

Kyle978
11/10/2013 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2013 6:41pm
I'm sorry, but I find the forum posts searching for funding to go motocross racing is becoming ridiculous. MX is a luxury item, and if you can't possibly find a way to come up with the funds yourself, maybe you're not ready to take on the best in the world in a professional motorsport. What happens when you blow a motor 2nd practice at Atlanta? Got $4k extra, or will you make a forum post asking for that too?
Raegan742
11/10/2013 6:47pm
It's not that we are asking for tons of money or begging, it's just a way to find help. Christian is fortunate enough to have sponsors in the industry who support him. It is a luxury, and a hobby. But he's trying to make it his career. He isn't just another weekend warrior asking for everything free. He works hard, and pays his way as much as he can. Sorry you disagree with this.
rucka356
11/10/2013 7:20pm
Kyle978 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I find the forum posts searching for funding to go motocross racing is becoming ridiculous. MX is a luxury item, and if you...
I'm sorry, but I find the forum posts searching for funding to go motocross racing is becoming ridiculous. MX is a luxury item, and if you can't possibly find a way to come up with the funds yourself, maybe you're not ready to take on the best in the world in a professional motorsport. What happens when you blow a motor 2nd practice at Atlanta? Got $4k extra, or will you make a forum post asking for that too?
I totally agree. I think a better dream would be a good full time job with benefits that provides enough extra cash to go racing on the side. All these handouts is what ruins most kids, they try to live their dream for X number of years and before you know it they have no skills for a real job that will pay for a mortgage, car payments, etc.... Hard worker or not, priorities should be realigned if he doesn't make enough cash to do it on his own. . I know you mean well and wish you the best of luck.
Raegan742
11/10/2013 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2013 4:42pm
Kyle978 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I find the forum posts searching for funding to go motocross racing is becoming ridiculous. MX is a luxury item, and if you...
rucka356 wrote:
I totally agree. I think a better dream would be a good full time job with benefits that provides enough extra cash to go racing on...
I totally agree. I think a better dream would be a good full time job with benefits that provides enough extra cash to go racing on the side. All these handouts is what ruins most kids, they try to live their dream for X number of years and before you know it they have no skills for a real job that will pay for a mortgage, car payments, etc.... Hard worker or not, priorities should be realigned if he doesn't make enough cash to do it on his own. . I know you mean well and wish you the best of luck.
Kyle978
11/10/2013 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2013 7:30pm
Raegan742 wrote:
It's not that we are asking for tons of money or begging, it's just a way to find help. Christian is fortunate enough to have sponsors...
It's not that we are asking for tons of money or begging, it's just a way to find help. Christian is fortunate enough to have sponsors in the industry who support him. It is a luxury, and a hobby. But he's trying to make it his career. He isn't just another weekend warrior asking for everything free. He works hard, and pays his way as much as he can. Sorry you disagree with this.
Fair enough, and I'm not going to go out of my way to bash you or the rider, but the truth of the matter is that a realistic goal for him is to one day break even after paying for bikes, parts, travel expenses, race fees, mechanic etc. from his winnings (which we know how well Lites SX pays). Until then, might want to pick up a full time job rather than part time at the dirt bike shop.
Raegan742
11/10/2013 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2013 4:42pm
Raegan742 wrote:
It's not that we are asking for tons of money or begging, it's just a way to find help. Christian is fortunate enough to have sponsors...
Kyle978 wrote:
Fair enough, and I'm not going to go out of my way to bash you or the rider, but the truth of the matter is that...
Fair enough, and I'm not going to go out of my way to bash you or the rider, but the truth of the matter is that a realistic goal for him is to one day break even after paying for bikes, parts, travel expenses, race fees, mechanic etc. from his winnings (which we know how well Lites SX pays). Until then, might want to pick up a full time job rather than part time at the dirt bike shop.
BobbyM
11/10/2013 8:03pm
Kyle978 wrote:
kinda cheesy...but you do what ya gotta do i suppose.
stizzle
11/10/2013 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2013 9:21pm

This is a video from the Vurb Classic in Georgia last year. Christian is one of the good guys in the sport.
drmarkr
11/10/2013 9:40pm
I've got an 87 CR250 he could use......
11/10/2013 10:02pm
Gimme gimme gimme. How bout ga ga ga get a second job.

I want a Ferrari and a yacht. Where's mine?

Jees if this crap keeps up we are gonna have to pass the Affordable Bike Act. Otherwise known as Obummercross.

Don't worry people if implemented and you like your two stroke you can keep it.

Nobody will keep score and yes everyone will get trophiesWoohoo
JM485
11/10/2013 10:11pm
Damn, if you don't want to help the guy out then don't. Why do people think it's necessary to be hostile about this? If you don't like it, move on, is it that hard to just show a little respect to people?
Dono861
11/10/2013 10:16pm
if he truly wants to go racing at this level, you race on weekends to bank cash, multiple races if possible. i'm sorry nice guy or not, asking for money in this fashion just isn't cool if your trying to live the dream. if your trying to make it, you have the desire within to put it all on yourself with the goal in mind. best of luck, i offer these words from experience...

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. I expect myself to be physically harder and mentally stronger than other humans. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength in the hardest of times to keep my drive to succeed alive. I am never out of the race, defeat is unthinkable. I’m a common man, with an uncommon desire to rise above.
11/10/2013 10:21pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2013 10:31pm
Not hostile. It's just pathetic that everybody wants a handout these days. How about working for it. How about if these people believe so much in these people they come on here ask for a Vital MX EBT card they get a second job to fund it instead of coming on here begging for it?

I agree with the other guy. I'll fund him. I need hard assets valued at 125% of what you want and it'll be 20% interest. If you believe that much I've got the money.

Nobody "gave" me what I have so if you "want" it, you gotta earn it.

When I was 17 I had three jobs and didn't go around begging.

On a serious note I hope he gets a "sponsor" to fund his racing and not a handout. That means he's earning it. Time to be man.

Maybe a different approach is what you guys asking for money need. Put together a demo video of this kid and let him explain to us why we should sponsor him. How is he gonna give us a return on investment? How will he promote his sponsors? In other words show people how he will work for the money not just take handouts. If he's fast like RV somebody will throw money at him and you won't have to go looking like this. If he is not, he better go to the Nick Wey school of how to be a hype man if he wants to make anything of it.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
11/10/2013 10:49pm
Dono861 wrote:
if he truly wants to go racing at this level, you race on weekends to bank cash, multiple races if possible. i'm sorry nice guy or...
if he truly wants to go racing at this level, you race on weekends to bank cash, multiple races if possible. i'm sorry nice guy or not, asking for money in this fashion just isn't cool if your trying to live the dream. if your trying to make it, you have the desire within to put it all on yourself with the goal in mind. best of luck, i offer these words from experience...

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. I expect myself to be physically harder and mentally stronger than other humans. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength in the hardest of times to keep my drive to succeed alive. I am never out of the race, defeat is unthinkable. I’m a common man, with an uncommon desire to rise above.
Now that is advice. Well said.
Raegan742
11/11/2013 5:46am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2013 4:43pm
Not hostile. It's just pathetic that everybody wants a handout these days. How about working for it. How about if these people believe so much in...
Not hostile. It's just pathetic that everybody wants a handout these days. How about working for it. How about if these people believe so much in these people they come on here ask for a Vital MX EBT card they get a second job to fund it instead of coming on here begging for it?

I agree with the other guy. I'll fund him. I need hard assets valued at 125% of what you want and it'll be 20% interest. If you believe that much I've got the money.

Nobody "gave" me what I have so if you "want" it, you gotta earn it.

When I was 17 I had three jobs and didn't go around begging.

On a serious note I hope he gets a "sponsor" to fund his racing and not a handout. That means he's earning it. Time to be man.

Maybe a different approach is what you guys asking for money need. Put together a demo video of this kid and let him explain to us why we should sponsor him. How is he gonna give us a return on investment? How will he promote his sponsors? In other words show people how he will work for the money not just take handouts. If he's fast like RV somebody will throw money at him and you won't have to go looking like this. If he is not, he better go to the Nick Wey school of how to be a hype man if he wants to make anything of it.
Raegan742
11/11/2013 5:50am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2013 4:43pm
JM485 wrote:
Damn, if you don't want to help the guy out then don't. Why do people think it's necessary to be hostile about this? If you don't...
Damn, if you don't want to help the guy out then don't. Why do people think it's necessary to be hostile about this? If you don't like it, move on, is it that hard to just show a little respect to people?
MtnBoy
11/11/2013 6:11am
Kyle978 wrote:
x2
mxb2
11/11/2013 6:30am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2013 6:31am
4 choices, go.faster win races, get another job, or get a education or take up a trade. Reality sucks but if you win races you will open up some eyes. I would love a new Benz but, I do not make enough money. Therefor I do not have one.should I ask people for. Money for my dream car?
friday10
11/11/2013 7:12am
Kyle978 wrote:
rucka356 wrote:
I totally agree. I think a better dream would be a good full time job with benefits that provides enough extra cash to go racing on...
Total Buzzkill!!!
MMCDan
11/11/2013 7:27am
So, people are falling all over themselves to help some kid on an 85 drive a couple hundred miles to attend the Mini-O's but smoke an actual racer looking for a hand? After years of reading threads on this board I am still amazed.

Raegan, I propose a new strategy: post on Vital that Christian is going to try to qualify for the east coast rounds on a two-stroke, that he is "good kid" whose heart will be broken if he doesn't get to go to the races, that he will only wear plain colored gear (none of that colorful new stuff with crazy patterns) and that his bikes will have no modifications recommended by MXA. The cash should start flowing in.
mxb2
11/11/2013 7:46am
MMCDan wrote:
So, people are falling all over themselves to help some kid on an 85 drive a couple hundred miles to attend the Mini-O's but smoke an...
So, people are falling all over themselves to help some kid on an 85 drive a couple hundred miles to attend the Mini-O's but smoke an actual racer looking for a hand? After years of reading threads on this board I am still amazed.

Raegan, I propose a new strategy: post on Vital that Christian is going to try to qualify for the east coast rounds on a two-stroke, that he is "good kid" whose heart will be broken if he doesn't get to go to the races, that he will only wear plain colored gear (none of that colorful new stuff with crazy patterns) and that his bikes will have no modifications recommended by MXA. The cash should start flowing in.
Or say he wants to be a monster girl,Oneal etc and he will get a bunch of total strangers drooling over him lol.
BobbyM
11/11/2013 8:17am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2013 8:22am
Dono861 wrote:
if he truly wants to go racing at this level, you race on weekends to bank cash, multiple races if possible. i'm sorry nice guy or...

Nice post Donovan...badass words of wisdom. But man its a lot easier to solicite for handouts. Smile

Post a reply to: Help..searching for funding for East Coast SX

The Latest