Help Ben Lamay! NATIONALS

Canerat
4/27/2015 12:19am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2015 12:24am
Shane, what did you do to your leg? I mean if its going to take six months then it gotta be bad? Hope your recovery goes well mate..

After all the well paid factory guys there are a whole bunch of really good riders with good support...all are gunning for the next level and the teams cover most of the costs..

Then there is the next level of guys mostly funded by what ever means, outta their own pockets, help from the local dealer..a sort of mixed bag...its tough...

Its cruel that in people are struggling everywhere you look just to survive with the basic needs. Moto is actually a luxury and a hell of a expensive sport but I say this..we need the Ben Lamays and all the rest of the non factory guys out there. How they get to the races and what they have to do to be on the startline is huge stress and sacrifice. Most of these guys will have to eventually get a job...and it will be tougher for them to start fresh after motolife but we need them on the line every weekend.

So good luck to all these guys...a few will make it...the rest will be like the rest of us benchracers...although I like to call myself a couchmuncher...
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
4/27/2015 12:40am
Yep everyone from Lamay back should just fuck off, quit riding and get a job, because the live broadcast of the Supercross on Saturday would have looked awesome with 12 riders on the gate!

DV is normally right, on the whole if you are not good enough to make every main you should get a job he was wrong. DV would never have made the money he did if it was not for the privateers lining up and filling the gates, because with out them there is no sport.

That is not to hard to understand it is.
Outsider
4/27/2015 12:55am
TeamGreen wrote:
Really? Are you that Butt Hurt? You and your brethren come in here with the same ol' bitch and moan. Guess what? IDGAF. Got it? Don't...
Really? Are you that Butt Hurt?

You and your brethren come in here with the same ol' bitch and moan. Guess what? IDGAF. Got it?

Don't care what you think of my posts; but, I do care that you come up in here & spew your usual shit in a thread about what? Again, what was the OP doing when he created this thread? Did he hold a gun to your head & take something from you? Did he "offend" you?

Here's the thing: those of you that ARE OFFENDED BY ANY OF THIS?

You're all telling us a whole lot more about YOU & WHO YOU REALLY ARE.

So, you and your little clan of Bitchers keep making your snide remarks. They're quite telling and often entertaining. Meanwhile, those of us that actually have somethng positive to say...

We'll enjoy ourselves and our sport.
What are you talking about? Who's "bitching and moaning" ?

I guess to you if you can't afford 3 dirt bikes and have enough left over to buy BL's spare parts you can't like motocross?

WTF dude... you've always been kind of an elitist on here but this shit is too much.

Congrats on being better than the rest of us.
4/27/2015 1:14am
JM485 wrote:
Sad day when "fans" of a sport are telling a top rider that he should give up and quit. . .
That's exactly what I was thinking! If I had two cents to my name I would put one of them in Ben's account just because of all this negativity!! WTF! This sport, especially at the top level is extremely expensive and almost impossible to afford if you don't have backing or support. I think Ben should put his bike with Team Gus. I know Gus charges a small amount but Ben's name is big enough that he would give him a deal. That money goes to fuel and transportation costs and I don't think anyone on the team gets paid.

I had the pleasure of talking to Gus at the Supercross this weekend and he has 2 rigs now, lots of room and a excellent setup for privateer's. So basically, throw your bike in, parts and tools then fly to the races. Or some of the riders help drive and set up everything. It certainly isn't factory and more like charity work but it helps riders live their dream and have a shot at one day moving on to better support. The majority of these riders don't make it to factory supported teams but some have in the past.

Gus is looking for ideas to get a live feed in his pits so the families that can't go to the races can watch what's going on in the pits. Also, I was thinking that if the riders that are alone at the races wanted someone to film them during practice then upload a raw feed to the website, that would be cool. If anyone has ideas or skills to make a website and would like to help, please let me know.

We are just bouncing around ideas of something new and different that would get these riders a more exposure.

One day Ben will be old and his career will come to a end. But knowing he gave 100% and didn't give up will forever put his mind at ease. The other side of this is, he quits, gets to old and watched his prime years pass by. I know that's what I did and hate to see that happen to riders!!

If you don't like the GoFundMe then ignore it. But seriously what's the point in bashing a rider that is giving his all in the hardest sport in the world. I think he's doing a great job and will always be a fan. If I had endless money I'd be helping as many riders as I could that really deep down inside, want it and are giving 100%. Rant over! LOL Woohoo

The Shop

ocscottie
4/27/2015 1:21am
Fucking Vitards...if you took two seconds to click the link you would realize it's not Ben asking for help, it's someone wanting to help Ben. The negativity bullshit spewed around here sure can be disappointing.

If you don't want to help, that is fine, but keep your trap shut and just move along.
4/27/2015 1:22am
Another thing, if you can't see that Ben's trying his hardest and respect that enough to support him with at least positive support, than how can you even call yourself a real fan of motocross? Real fans of this sport that love it and understand how hard it is should be ashamed of themselves for saying anything negative about Ben and his situation. I've worked for many privateers throughout the years and worked for free many times. But I never helped a rider that wasn't giving it his all and appreciative of even having the chance to ride and race Professional!! I would do anything to go back in time during my prime years and give it 100%. Now I forever think what would of happened if I trained hard, didn't party and wasted the prime years of my life on nothing!

Ben, contact Gus Decker, he will put your bike in the rig and if you don't have a mechanic that should be easy to find. Will Chip Munn give you a bike and parts?

KTMShane699
4/27/2015 1:32am
Canerat wrote:
Shane, what did you do to your leg? I mean if its going to take six months then it gotta be bad? Hope your recovery goes...
Shane, what did you do to your leg? I mean if its going to take six months then it gotta be bad? Hope your recovery goes well mate..

After all the well paid factory guys there are a whole bunch of really good riders with good support...all are gunning for the next level and the teams cover most of the costs..

Then there is the next level of guys mostly funded by what ever means, outta their own pockets, help from the local dealer..a sort of mixed bag...its tough...

Its cruel that in people are struggling everywhere you look just to survive with the basic needs. Moto is actually a luxury and a hell of a expensive sport but I say this..we need the Ben Lamays and all the rest of the non factory guys out there. How they get to the races and what they have to do to be on the startline is huge stress and sacrifice. Most of these guys will have to eventually get a job...and it will be tougher for them to start fresh after motolife but we need them on the line every weekend.

So good luck to all these guys...a few will make it...the rest will be like the rest of us benchracers...although I like to call myself a couchmuncher...
I have multiple "complex fracture from my tibeal plateaus down to mid shaft of the tib fib. I'm currently in a surgically placed external fixator to hold things in place until the swelling reduces enough that I can have it surgically repaired.

There are photos in the thread "First ride of the season and last for a while." (Or similar wording). And another under "injury update with photos (graphic)" (again, the titles aren't exact but you should find them) and some photos of the injury, fixator and damage done.

Shane
Canerat
4/27/2015 2:11am
Crumbs Shane, that sure sounds shit. I know what you going through. I broke my femur at my practice track in 1990. There were only two of us there and my buddy had to drive like 20miles to get help. Four hours later I was in ICU and bone marrow went through the system. The leg had swelled so much that they only operated after a couple of weeks lying in traction. That was hell and I was on crutches for a good six months.

Just do what the old doc says and ya'll heal up.

Chris O Neal, you really have a good mate in Gus Decker. The sport needs more fine gents like him who place passion before monetary reward.

It's really disappointing that some people are so insensitive here. Afterall, moto dudes are supposed to help and support each other..
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
4/27/2015 3:12am
logan_140 wrote:
http://www.gofundme.com/szzmc8 I seen a Gofund me was made for helping Ben make nationals!
Dude, start a new thread, get Scottie to delete this one.

Hopefully some members here could coordinate some accommodation / resources and practice tracks for some of the far away rounds in the members home areas.

Positive vibes everybody, sorry for being a negative cunt earlier.
blusmbl
4/27/2015 4:08am
I tossed in a c-note. The internet is a fickle beast, last year if somebody started one of these kickstarters for Weston I'm sure all of the posts wouldn't have been so negative.

I have wasted more money on worse, hope to see Ben at all of the national rounds this year.
logan_140
4/27/2015 4:10am
ocscottie wrote:
Fucking Vitards...if you took two seconds to click the link you would realize it's not Ben asking for help, it's someone wanting to help Ben. The...
Fucking Vitards...if you took two seconds to click the link you would realize it's not Ben asking for help, it's someone wanting to help Ben. The negativity bullshit spewed around here sure can be disappointing.

If you don't want to help, that is fine, but keep your trap shut and just move along.
Exactly. Ben never asked for help its someone surprising Ben with the money, so Ben can go race outdoors.
downard254
4/27/2015 4:27am
My hat's off to Ben for going after his dream. While motorcycle racing is my passion, it's not my life. I am doing fairly well at this moment, but in construction things can change overnight. The last couple years I've been at it 7 days a week in one way or another. I'd love to be able to help him out, however, my family and business comes first. I had a dream of racing in the 80's, but my dream changed to making a decent living in the construction field. Sorry Ben, I just can't swing any donations at this time, wish I could.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/27/2015 4:54am
Ben has never asked for any help. I'm the one who got it rolling after he lost his deal with cycle trader Yamaha. Bash on me...
Ben has never asked for any help. I'm the one who got it rolling after he lost his deal with cycle trader Yamaha.

Bash on me if you must.
Ok, I shall hit you in the face with an open palm when we meet.

If you don't have a job, or going through hard times, the responsible thing to do is not donate, but you don't have to be negative about it.

And the guy who had back surgery that is losing everything, I'm sure if you put togrther a gofundme account, a lot of people here would donate, your cause is something I would get behind.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/27/2015 5:06am
mxfiend wrote:
I understand both sides of the argument. One one hand good for him going out there and giving it his all. I have a few friends...
I understand both sides of the argument. One one hand good for him going out there and giving it his all. I have a few friends eho realized they are just spending mom and dads money for no reason when they go pro and arent making money. They did the right thing and got a REAL JOB .On the other hand people who work for a living and dont get shit handed to them have a diff perspective.

Heres an idea let team green fund everything since all the cool stuff he boasts about all the time on here.
erikcrvjl wrote:
With that mentality, you're basically saying that every racer who isn't consistently getting top tens, should just give up and retire. Nice.
First let me say that I don't have a single problem with this deal, but in reality, a pro career is basically a business, and if a business isn't turning a profit its time to close the doors. Dreams die every day, its reality.
Roostermx58
4/27/2015 5:27am
erikcrvjl wrote:
With that mentality, you're basically saying that every racer who isn't consistently getting top tens, should just give up and retire. Nice.
mxfiend wrote:
No but if ur not making money get a day job and race on weekends dont rely on handouts
You mean like what Zimmer was doing? - http://racerxonline.com/2014/03/13/privateer-profile-baumert-and-zimmer

Props to him.
337mx
4/27/2015 5:53am
I started this to try and help him fund some races. He's not on here asking for money he has NO clue I'm doing this, I don't see the point of some of you dragging his name through the mud. If you can't send money I get we all have problems I'm a middle class dude myself just trying to help a guy make some races. He would never get on here and asked for money he's not that kinda guy....
Mouse153
4/27/2015 6:02am
I'm using some of my Marriott points to cover Ben's room for Budds Creek.
337mx
4/27/2015 6:10am
Mouse153 wrote:
I'm using some of my Marriott points to cover Ben's room for Budds Creek.
That's awesome!!! Any and all help is great!!
Mini Elsinore
4/27/2015 6:13am
mxfiend wrote:
Oh yeah... flame on
TeamGreen wrote:
No need to. Your problem is obvious. What's it like in Bitter-Beer-Face-Town? You guys have answers that're straight out of an ABC Afterschool Special or a...
No need to.

Your problem is obvious.

What's it like in Bitter-Beer-Face-Town?

You guys have answers that're straight out of an ABC Afterschool Special or a Lifetime Movie.

You guys come in here & ya birch & whine & moan &'then you go and say shit like you just laid down; so, let's make it VERY CLEAR: it's soooo nice Not Being You.

How's that for a "boast"?

Oh, while se're here, Have a Nice Day!
"You guys" OR "some of you guys"?? Looks to me like a few of us vitards are standing tall to help.
Gotta be careful to avoid painting with a broad brush....
BTW, I note that you DO always help out---very cool!
aggiemoto99
4/27/2015 6:21am
I also am of the opinion if you cant do it dont do it.

Ben is now local in the area and is a very nice kid. Unfortuneately some of the local people he has associated with are the wrong people to associate with.

When push comes to shove and he needs help these people are useless.

On the other hand there are multiple people in the area helping other less successful pros, of which havent even made 250 mains, and giving them with ten times the support ben has now.

The sad reality is this sport needs a major change. Until a rider like ben who makes mains is paid a reasonable income via purse money that compensates him adequately for both his expenses, And the danger element, our sport will continue to dribble along.

The smartest riders have learned that they arent "racing" out there. The have to sell something and firstly sell themselves to a person who will fund them. Only a select few can win. After that you must fulfill the aspect of "selling" something. The local guys ive mentioned who have support have figured this out... And ben still hasnt.

Texas has no shortage of people with money. Where ben is located has no shortage of people with money. His best bet is to begin networking and find the "right" fit with someone who can afford it as if its beer money. Ben is in the same spot partridge, chisholm, peick, and hanson found themselves..he needs to find a way to establish a program like they did, and it starts by selling himself.

Personally, id skip outdoors, do a select few and be extremely fresh and prepared physically for those few, and be working both a job, and behind the scenes to establish a solid 2016 sx program.

Best of luck to him, hes without a doubt one of the fastest young kids in our sport who certainly is capable of great results.

If he was able to get a 250 ride next year... Looking at his qualifying lap times... Hed be darn good in that class
500guy
4/27/2015 8:07am
For those that can help and are willing , Very Generous.

For those that can't or don't think it's appropriate , Just leave it be, nothing good can come from going on about it.
h&m_cycle
4/27/2015 9:29am
slipdog wrote:
While were on the topic, somebody tell that jerk Gus to stop helping those fucking looser privateers that should be working at the car wash. Whats'...
While were on the topic, somebody tell that jerk Gus to stop helping those fucking looser privateers that should be working at the car wash.

Whats' next? Team Obamacare....

/End sarcasm
LMAO Team Obamacare @ the Des Nations...

Tracktor
4/27/2015 9:47am
A more elegant solution if you don't agree with it is don't comment or donate....................Especially in this case where it isn't that actual rider looking for donated support..............
mx836
4/27/2015 9:54am
mx965 wrote:
You guys do not have go fund me's because you are just nobodys. Sorry, to break it to you, theres a reason he has a recognized...
You guys do not have go fund me's because you are just nobodys. Sorry, to break it to you, theres a reason he has a recognized name in this sport... Idiots.
Rick M. wrote:
Says a "nobody" himself, classy. I would put $100 in a gofund for yourself if you actually had the balls to tell someone they were a...
Says a "nobody" himself, classy. I would put $100 in a gofund for yourself if you actually had the balls to tell someone they were a nobody in person.
Fly to me and put 100 bones in my hand. I'd gladly tell you that you're a nobody.
MR. X
4/27/2015 10:05am
3 pages of people dogging others for where they choose to donate money to. It's their money they can donate where ever they want. As said before,it's not Ben asking money.
337mx
4/27/2015 10:10am
No one is forcing anyone to help we are just trying to help a rider make some races, usually the MX family is always very supportive but if you don't feel the same way as some of us it's cool but thanks to everyone that's supporting our cause....
BobbyM
4/27/2015 10:28am
You guys... and Ben think you got it tough well let me tell you. Last prosthetic leg I got two years ago wasn't even cutting edge. I mean it IS a C-LEG and my insurance did cover the $85000 unit but the truth is I wanted to get the top of the line newly released Genium leg. Way better THAN this C-LEG el-cheapo but my insurance wouldn't approve the Genium leg. What a crock a shit.. Priced at $115000 it was only a few thousand more but noooo.. they wouldn't go for it. Anyway can one of you guys can set me up with a GO FUND MY GENIUM LEG for me? I don't need the entire $115000 just the slight difference of 30 grand or so. Cmon folks give an old prick like me hand up for fuck sakes.
4/27/2015 10:42am
BobbyM wrote:
You guys... and Ben think you got it tough well let me tell you. Last prosthetic leg I got two years ago wasn't even cutting edge...
You guys... and Ben think you got it tough well let me tell you. Last prosthetic leg I got two years ago wasn't even cutting edge. I mean it IS a C-LEG and my insurance did cover the $85000 unit but the truth is I wanted to get the top of the line newly released Genium leg. Way better THAN this C-LEG el-cheapo but my insurance wouldn't approve the Genium leg. What a crock a shit.. Priced at $115000 it was only a few thousand more but noooo.. they wouldn't go for it. Anyway can one of you guys can set me up with a GO FUND MY GENIUM LEG for me? I don't need the entire $115000 just the slight difference of 30 grand or so. Cmon folks give an old prick like me hand up for fuck sakes.
Quit trying to get a "leg up" on the go fund me competition.... j/k BM
Seamorbutts
4/27/2015 11:03am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2015 11:04am
I also am of the opinion if you cant do it dont do it. Ben is now local in the area and is a very nice...
I also am of the opinion if you cant do it dont do it.

Ben is now local in the area and is a very nice kid. Unfortuneately some of the local people he has associated with are the wrong people to associate with.

When push comes to shove and he needs help these people are useless.

On the other hand there are multiple people in the area helping other less successful pros, of which havent even made 250 mains, and giving them with ten times the support ben has now.

The sad reality is this sport needs a major change. Until a rider like ben who makes mains is paid a reasonable income via purse money that compensates him adequately for both his expenses, And the danger element, our sport will continue to dribble along.

The smartest riders have learned that they arent "racing" out there. The have to sell something and firstly sell themselves to a person who will fund them. Only a select few can win. After that you must fulfill the aspect of "selling" something. The local guys ive mentioned who have support have figured this out... And ben still hasnt.

Texas has no shortage of people with money. Where ben is located has no shortage of people with money. His best bet is to begin networking and find the "right" fit with someone who can afford it as if its beer money. Ben is in the same spot partridge, chisholm, peick, and hanson found themselves..he needs to find a way to establish a program like they did, and it starts by selling himself.

Personally, id skip outdoors, do a select few and be extremely fresh and prepared physically for those few, and be working both a job, and behind the scenes to establish a solid 2016 sx program.

Best of luck to him, hes without a doubt one of the fastest young kids in our sport who certainly is capable of great results.

If he was able to get a 250 ride next year... Looking at his qualifying lap times... Hed be darn good in that class
Well said sir, you saved me time by writing down what I was thinking.

Post a reply to: Help Ben Lamay! NATIONALS

The Latest