Help

JM485
9/15/2014 5:08pm
That isn't a suspension issue, you just have to get used to the two stroke again. I have been riding my 125 for a few months now after riding a 250 two stroke and 450 four stroke for a while, and the main thing to focus on is corner speed. Don't worry about clearing every tripple on the track just because you used to be able to on a 250f, tracks are made for faster bikes than 125s and some jumps are next to impossible to clear right out of a corner with them. You also don't have to hold it wide open around the entire track, I almost never completely hit wide open throttle, but just focus on shifting efficiently and making smart line selections. Sometimes that means taking lines nobody else is taking, but you have to remember most of them don't have to worry about momentum as much as you do. I also have learned to stand up a lot more, sometimes even through tighter corners just to keep the momentum flowing.

Think of it as a challenge and just ride for fun, rather than worrying about how fast your lap times are. We do this for fun, not a job!Laughing
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
9/15/2014 7:33pm
Shit's getting out of control...

mxracer966
9/15/2014 8:10pm
I guess I should mentioned it was on a private supercross track. My suspension was set pretty stiff. I am going riding again today and will...
I guess I should mentioned it was on a private supercross track. My suspension was set pretty stiff. I am going riding again today and will try some of the stuff you guys are saying.
You answered your own question forks are too stiff back the compression out. A trick I do to tell if the forks are too stiff is to put a large o ring on the forks and do a few laps then you can tell how much travel your using.
ruskymx
9/15/2014 8:15pm
Nice! Same pic different angle.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Help

The Latest