Hear rate monitor question

FWYT
Edited Date/Time 6/10/2015 6:20pm
Been looking around but I'm not sure I've found one . . .

Is there a HRM that allows you to load a session into your laptop or mobile and shows
the results in a graph form? So that I can see what my heart is doing a various points
during a race? Something like this:

(Also, does it ever give anyone pause to think about having a hard lump attached to
their chest while riding?)

|
MXD
6/10/2015 11:37am
I use a Garmin Forerunner 310XT. It has a GPS so I can go back on my PC and "play" my activity and it tells me the elevation, speed and HR as the rabbit retraces my course on the map. It also keeps lap times automatically for me although it's not nearly as precise as a transponder. As far as the lump on my chest, it's pretty flat and doesn't look like it would be an issue. Mine is about about the thickness of a pancake and maybe 2.5 by 1.25 inches.
6/10/2015 11:42am
Garmin vivosmart also does this, synch atomatically with your phone via bluetooth when you roll back up near your truck.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
6/10/2015 11:49am
My hearing rate always drops right after the gate drops

The Shop

IWreckALot
6/10/2015 11:50am
FWYT wrote:
Been looking around but I'm not sure I've found one . . . Is there a HRM that allows you to load a session into your...
Been looking around but I'm not sure I've found one . . .

Is there a HRM that allows you to load a session into your laptop or mobile and shows
the results in a graph form? So that I can see what my heart is doing a various points
during a race? Something like this:

(Also, does it ever give anyone pause to think about having a hard lump attached to
their chest while riding?)

Here is a sample of Garmin's graphs that it gives you. The GPS products are REALLY cool although the Garmin products can be buggy at times. Overall I really like my Garmin HRM and GPS watch but I also kinda wish I would have gone with Polar.

FWYT
6/10/2015 11:50am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2015 11:51am
Polar rcx3 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/10/94118/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Polar rcx3

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!!
I take it you have to use their polarpersonaltrainer.com site to see that?
Did you need any other accessories with the RCX3 to get that chart like GPS
or anything? Or just having the little USB sync thingie to load the info?

Thanks all!
KlootZak
6/10/2015 1:21pm
Polar rcx3 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/10/94118/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Polar rcx3

There is a program called "snipping tool" on your PC. It allows you to take a picture from your screen without using a camera or something else. Much easier and better quality (just a tip)
hbdesigns913
6/10/2015 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2015 1:39pm
Polar rcx3

FWYT wrote:
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!! I take it you have to use their polarpersonaltrainer.com site to see that? Did you need any other accessories...
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!!
I take it you have to use their polarpersonaltrainer.com site to see that?
Did you need any other accessories with the RCX3 to get that chart like GPS
or anything? Or just having the little USB sync thingie to load the info?

Thanks all!
Yeah it comes with everything you need. Just load it up to the personal trainer. That was a duathlon I did so I didn't use the stride sensor that time. That was heart rate / time only. My wife has one that sinks to polar flow. The polar flow is an app for your phone. And thanks klootzak. This was just an old photo on my phone.

Edit for spelling
Olson
6/10/2015 1:55pm
I use the Polar RCX5 without the GPS. I use Strava in my phone when I go cycling or run. And don't see the point of the GPS in racing MX. The RCX3 GPS watch with built in GPS is pretty smart though. I need a second device to use GPS on mine. I think the polarpersonaltrainer website is very good. Gives you a good overview of your training and makes it easy to plan ahead, they can schedule programs for you and you can calculate how much rest you need after a ride or workout session.

Load under one ride

Load under a period of time

FWYT
6/10/2015 2:02pm
Thanks for the info, gentlemen!

HBDesigns913, I'll check into the RCX3.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/10/2015 2:06pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Here is a sample of Garmin's graphs that it gives you. The GPS products are REALLY cool although the Garmin products can be buggy at times...
Here is a sample of Garmin's graphs that it gives you. The GPS products are REALLY cool although the Garmin products can be buggy at times. Overall I really like my Garmin HRM and GPS watch but I also kinda wish I would have gone with Polar.

I ride at North Shore too. Well, I did before the flooding at least. If you ever see a new F150 there with a Pulp MX sticker come say hi.
Silliker269
6/10/2015 2:06pm
I like polar the best, tried on the M400 today and you can barely notice your wearing it.
Good price to for a GPS capable HR monitor
Olson
6/10/2015 2:12pm
Polar watches are almost half off in Europe to US. So check out some European websites before you make a purchase. I bought my RCX5 in Sweden for $120. It lists for $350 in the states.
IWreckALot
6/10/2015 2:21pm
731chopper wrote:
I ride at North Shore too. Well, I did before the flooding at least. If you ever see a new F150 there with a Pulp MX...
I ride at North Shore too. Well, I did before the flooding at least. If you ever see a new F150 there with a Pulp MX sticker come say hi.
Yeah I'll do that man. I'm so effing out of shape right now it isn't even funny. I'm going home to get the bicycle right now then go for a ride. It'll be the first ride in about 4 months I believe. Not a good look. . . But gotta start somewhere.
AzMxr
6/10/2015 3:44pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Yeah I'll do that man. I'm so effing out of shape right now it isn't even funny. I'm going home to get the bicycle right now...
Yeah I'll do that man. I'm so effing out of shape right now it isn't even funny. I'm going home to get the bicycle right now then go for a ride. It'll be the first ride in about 4 months I believe. Not a good look. . . But gotta start somewhere.
Where are you riding? I am in such bad shape it isn't even funny.

I use the Garmin Forerunner 305, link it up to Strava. There are quite a few guys around here that record some good times on NS and Horseshoe. 2 years ago I was rehabbing an ACL.. I was 50-75 miles a week on NS and Big Cedar.
lumpy790
6/10/2015 4:30pm
can I get one that will zap me when I am being lazy?
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/10/2015 4:37pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Yeah I'll do that man. I'm so effing out of shape right now it isn't even funny. I'm going home to get the bicycle right now...
I'm way out of shape myself. I was getting back into a decent routine in March and April until all of that rain came. A friend and I are going to Rowlett tomorrow and our conditioning isn't going to be pretty. At least we won't have to deal with this though...

ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
6/10/2015 4:56pm
For analyzing files online, trainingpeaks.com, sporttrack.mobi, or strava. For PC apps, Sporttracks, Golden Cheetah, or WKO+.

Personally I like trainingpeaks online, and sporttracks PC app.

Once the HRM strap is on, it's easy to forget about it. No concerns about the lumpy piece of plastic.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/10/2015 5:13pm
I use the Wahoo TICKR and use it with Strava. I'm still new to it but it seems to work great on the handful of rides I've done with it.
IWreckALot
6/10/2015 5:53pm
IWreckALot wrote:
AzMxr wrote:
Where are you riding? I am in such bad shape it isn't even funny. I use the Garmin Forerunner 305, link it up to Strava. There...
Where are you riding? I am in such bad shape it isn't even funny.

I use the Garmin Forerunner 305, link it up to Strava. There are quite a few guys around here that record some good times on NS and Horseshoe. 2 years ago I was rehabbing an ACL.. I was 50-75 miles a week on NS and Big Cedar.
I was just going to hop on the trinity river and crank out some miles. But I ended up coming home and welding for awhile. I'm loading up the bike tonight to go after work tomorrow. I put in around benbrook lake and ride to Fort Worth and back.
r.sal923
6/10/2015 6:20pm
RonSkj wrote:
My hearing rate always drops right after the gate drops

I black out for at least the first half lap

Post a reply to: Hear rate monitor question

The Latest