He is doing it again.

keinz
Yes. It's Tanel Leok. Representing Estonia in MXON 16th time!!!
This year Tanel stepping down to 250s. Sort of back to the rootsSmile
Picture was taken in the last training session.

|
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
9/23/2016 7:48am
Why not? Good on him for the fortitude to keep trying.Cool
RandyS
9/23/2016 10:27am
They need to combine some countries that don't hate each other. You have the current world champion who will never have a chance to lead his team to victory. Not countries like Italy and France but something like Estonia, Slovenia, and a third country with one spot each. I know nothing of the politics of those two so I'm just throwing out names. But they could certainly come up with a few extra competitive teams.

The Shop

Bearuno
9/23/2016 11:12am
No, leave it the fuck alone.

Riders from less strong countries, have the chance for individual honours.

As I said, leave it the fuck alone. We've had enough BS going on with the sport as it is.

Watch the race, and enjoy it for what it is; don't try and re-invent it to better suite your ideas of 'entertainment'. It's the sort of shit Luongo gets up to.
500guy
9/23/2016 11:30am
Bearuno wrote:
No, leave it the fuck alone. Riders from less strong countries, have the chance for individual honours. As I said, leave it the fuck alone. We've...

As I said, leave it the fuck alone. We've had enough BS going on with the sport as it is.

Watch the race, and enjoy it for what it is; don't try and re-invent it to better suite your ideas of 'entertainment'. It's the sort of shit Luongo gets up to.
X10
Olson
9/23/2016 12:17pm
Restecpa. I like his no-logo-dealio. Should've used the Estonian flag all over the bike. Wonder if he pays retail for the Sven gear.
jeffro503
9/23/2016 1:49pm
Bearuno wrote:
No, leave it the fuck alone. Riders from less strong countries, have the chance for individual honours. As I said, leave it the fuck alone. We've...

I think what Randy is referring to is take team Slovenia for instance. TG243 ( if he was there ) may not ever get the chance to even race the "A main " because his team mates aren't fast enough to pick up the slack. Tim would basically have to win his qualifier to even have a shot to get his team into the A main. Some of those smaller countries only have one fast guy , if that. BUT....I do see your point and agree they should leave things the way they are. It is a shame though , not to see a few of the moto contenders in the A mains because the rest of their team isn't up to par.
9/23/2016 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2016 11:50pm
Yes, its unbeleivable that Tanel is out there again for the 16th time for the love of MX and his country.
Stepping down a class, rather selfless.

As RandyS was pointing out, it is difficult competing againt countries that have a population of over 120 million (usa). Sorry, 325 million.

God help us if India or China become interested in mx.
Bearuno
9/23/2016 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2016 8:53am
The Yanks have just over 320 million, mate. Just 'google' a bit and you'll , perhaps, get up to date Woohoo

Mind you, Russia, I think near the largest country on earth, has 'only' 143 million - I think they lost a whole lot of millions when the Soviet Union went belly up (well they lost many millions in the two World Wars, and, Stalin did for many, many millions apart from those wars) - Kongols mob once being part of it, I think?

India and China get interested? - I've been saying for a long, long time - all we need for Dirt Bikes / Motorcycle Racing in general to become bigger World wide is for those two places, with their millions (billions?) of people to get into Dirt Bikes, and we'll see growth that will make the 70s look like the barest of blips on the sales graphs.

In the West, generally the 'middle class' is shrinking - India and China - their 'middle class' is growing by the millions each year. Hell, I think China has a has something near a hundred thousand 'Millionaires' already. All that is needed is a poofteenth of a percent of those newly cashed up peoples to get into Motorcycles as their recreation, and there will be a 'boom' the like of which we have never seem. But, if that ever happens the Western / established markets would become ever more unimportant, to the factories.

Jeffro - It's always been the way - standout talents from countries without a big 'well' of MX racers can miss out. But, it's the Motocross Des / Of Nations, not the "Motocross Of Let's Put Some Countries Together For Our Entertainment". Gajsers performances might well bring his compatriots along with him. They've about 2 million, and it looks like a fair few of them came out for his celebrations just recently.

Look at Un Zuds pretty good record at the MXDN - well, World MX in general. They've only just over 4 million people - though I reckon about a million of them are here in OZ .............a 'orrible mob, but we luv's them, nonetheless.
JeepnMike
9/23/2016 9:59pm
keinz wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/23/153147/s1200_Screenshot_2016_09_23_21.45.21.jpg[/img]

I am not a KTM guy, but that is a fucking sexy and clean bike. Cool
Bearuno
9/23/2016 11:45pm
JeepnMike wrote:
And you know, in that typically weird way promotional things work, KTM probably benefit from even more exposure from Tanel, than if he left his KTMs all logo'd up.

Sort of, covering all bases. I hope KTM have realized that 'little bit extra' that they've got from Tanel Leok with this 'plain wrap' of the bikes.

It would be interesting to know the story behind Leok's brand-less approach. One can assume all sorts of scenarios.
ayearinmx
9/24/2016 3:55am
RandyS wrote:
They need to combine some countries that don't hate each other. You have the current world champion who will never have a chance to lead his...
They need to combine some countries that don't hate each other. You have the current world champion who will never have a chance to lead his team to victory. Not countries like Italy and France but something like Estonia, Slovenia, and a third country with one spot each. I know nothing of the politics of those two so I'm just throwing out names. But they could certainly come up with a few extra competitive teams.
Estonia came 4th overall in France last year....

And Tanel Leok runs that Seven gear because it looks like the Estonian flag
9/24/2016 4:14am
Bearuno wrote:
The Yanks have just over 320 million, mate. Just 'google' a bit and you'll , perhaps, get up to date :woohoo: Mind you, Russia, I think...
The Yanks have just over 320 million, mate. Just 'google' a bit and you'll , perhaps, get up to date Woohoo

Mind you, Russia, I think near the largest country on earth, has 'only' 143 million - I think they lost a whole lot of millions when the Soviet Union went belly up (well they lost many millions in the two World Wars, and, Stalin did for many, many millions apart from those wars) - Kongols mob once being part of it, I think?

India and China get interested? - I've been saying for a long, long time - all we need for Dirt Bikes / Motorcycle Racing in general to become bigger World wide is for those two places, with their millions (billions?) of people to get into Dirt Bikes, and we'll see growth that will make the 70s look like the barest of blips on the sales graphs.

In the West, generally the 'middle class' is shrinking - India and China - their 'middle class' is growing by the millions each year. Hell, I think China has a has something near a hundred thousand 'Millionaires' already. All that is needed is a poofteenth of a percent of those newly cashed up peoples to get into Motorcycles as their recreation, and there will be a 'boom' the like of which we have never seem. But, if that ever happens the Western / established markets would become ever more unimportant, to the factories.

Jeffro - It's always been the way - standout talents from countries without a big 'well' of MX racers can miss out. But, it's the Motocross Des / Of Nations, not the "Motocross Of Let's Put Some Countries Together For Our Entertainment". Gajsers performances might well bring his compatriots along with him. They've about 2 million, and it looks like a fair few of them came out for his celebrations just recently.

Look at Un Zuds pretty good record at the MXDN - well, World MX in general. They've only just over 4 million people - though I reckon about a million of them are here in OZ .............a 'orrible mob, but we luv's them, nonetheless.
India and China get interested? - I've been saying for a long, long time - all we need for Dirt Bikes / Motorcycle Racing in general to become bigger World wide is for those two places, with their millions (billions?) of people to get into Dirt Bikes, and we'll see growth that will make the 70s look like the barest of blips on the sales graphs. WELL THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN BEAR
keinz
9/24/2016 7:52am
JeepnMike wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
And you know, in that typically weird way promotional things work, KTM probably benefit from even more exposure from Tanel, than if he left his KTMs...
And you know, in that typically weird way promotional things work, KTM probably benefit from even more exposure from Tanel, than if he left his KTMs all logo'd up.

Sort of, covering all bases. I hope KTM have realized that 'little bit extra' that they've got from Tanel Leok with this 'plain wrap' of the bikes.

It would be interesting to know the story behind Leok's brand-less approach. One can assume all sorts of scenarios.
As I know, there is a guy from Tanel's home town, who pays all the mxgp series costs and don't give a fuck about advertisement and stikers. No remarkable support from local KTM dealer or anybody else. So the demad was- bike must be clean. And the deal was done in the local pubSmile )
Ruuperts20
9/24/2016 8:34am
Huge respect for the guy. I remember when I was a kid and my father was taking me to the races here in Latvia, Tanel and his brother Aigars was always smoking everybody on their 80cc. They where my heroes back then.
Scott101
9/24/2016 9:15am
Respect to Tanel! JVH and Strijbos have made quite a few appearances at MXON with some great results too!
arvid
9/24/2016 10:43am
Olson wrote:
Restecpa. I like his no-logo-dealio. Should've used the Estonian flag all over the bike. Wonder if he pays retail for the Sven gear.
West side foe life !! Woohoo
lestat
9/24/2016 3:05pm
keinz wrote:
As I know, there is a guy from Tanel's home town, who pays all the mxgp series costs and don't give a fuck about advertisement and...
As I know, there is a guy from Tanel's home town, who pays all the mxgp series costs and don't give a fuck about advertisement and stikers. No remarkable support from local KTM dealer or anybody else. So the demad was- bike must be clean. And the deal was done in the local pubSmile )
that's fuckin awesome !

I like how you guys roll .
RG1
9/24/2016 3:08pm
Leok was awesome today. Had a great battle with Martin and Anstie for a long time in the quali race. Which is no easy feat. Especially when I don't think he's ever actually raced a 250F
kkawboy14
9/24/2016 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2016 3:32pm
The guys a beast!

They need a 35 plus mxon
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/24/2016 3:44pm
So was Prado born the year that Tanel did his first mxdn race?
Or even later? Sideways
The Rock
9/24/2016 8:40pm
Bearuno wrote:

I'm not clear if you think it should be left alone or not. :-)

Post a reply to: He is doing it again.

The Latest