Have you guys complaining about rising ticket prices been confused this whole time?

Edited Date/Time 2/13/2016 6:31am
A guy on Pulp said he looked at tickets for Indu and lower level was $170 each.

That's if you buy tickets from a reseller. Have ticket prices really risen all that much?
|
CamP
2/17/2015 4:17pm
I bought Arlington nose bleed section tickets for $9.71plus $8 in taxes and fees.
SEE ARE125
2/17/2015 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 4:20pm
I don't know about other locations, but for me, no they haven't increased. ATL has been the same price for years. I pay $45/ea and my total for 2 tickets after fees is $117. That's lower level, 50 yard line. Buy them every year for the same price. I think people wait too long to buy their tickets, and are stuck with buying them from those scumbag resellers who quadruple the price. The last price increase I remember is from $35 to $45 and that was a while ago.
Brent
2/17/2015 4:28pm
San diego tix started at 48.00 plus 13.50 TicketBastard fees.

The 20.00 treadhead seats were nosebleed and sold out quickly.

Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
2/17/2015 4:34pm
Go to A1 and tell me about how stoked you are on pricing. Cheapest seat $58. Bring your wife and two kids….

The Shop

Brent
2/17/2015 4:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 4:37pm
Go to A1 and tell me about how stoked you are on pricing. Cheapest seat $58. Bring your wife and two kids….
...and don't forget to take out a loan to buy the "food".
2/17/2015 5:08pm
bought tickets 2 months prior to dallas, 3rd section front row. 100$/ticket
daemon616
2/17/2015 5:47pm
I paid 69 for mine a ticket at Arlington. Section 215 Row 9. The trick is to use the ticket master app and select family section. In the past I was on top of that able to apply discount codes but didn't have them in time for this year. Still 69 for section 215 in Cowboys stadium is great. I prefer the alcohol free part of that section as well.

2/17/2015 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 6:15pm
daemon616 wrote:
I paid 69 for mine a ticket at Arlington. Section 215 Row 9. The trick is to use the ticket master app and select family section...
I paid 69 for mine a ticket at Arlington. Section 215 Row 9. The trick is to use the ticket master app and select family section. In the past I was on top of that able to apply discount codes but didn't have them in time for this year. Still 69 for section 215 in Cowboys stadium is great. I prefer the alcohol free part of that section as well.

Section 201 Row 15, $51 the day of. I always buy my tickets at the stadium the day of because it's never a sell out and there is not all the processing and handling fees just so I can click "print" on a computer.

In 2010 section 100 in the same area was only $65 for me. 5 years later they were about the same price when I was at the ticket booth.
2/17/2015 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 6:18pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
bought tickets 2 months prior to dallas, 3rd section front row. 100$/ticket
Those were ~$65 the day of the race. The corners were $45.
gharmon
2/17/2015 6:22pm
Brent wrote:
The CNN center is close to the Ga dome, I either go there or bring food and go out to car to eat. The first time I took my family to the GA dome was for a moster truck show back in like 2002. We paid 60 bucks to eat hot dogs (shitty hot dogs at that). I told myself never again would I be raped like that. I honestly don't mind a little mark up but to charge the prices those eating places charge ought to be damn near illegal. I'm glad I don't drink at 12-13 dollars for a cup of beer. Bullshit!!
Elbows
Fantasy
968th
2/17/2015 6:38pm
We always leave the dome and go eat at the CNN center. Just make sure and leave before 5:30 so you can get a pass out. The food is way overpriced and not that good. The CNN center has a pretty good selection of places to eat. Can't wait to head to Atlanta this weekend. I paid $62 for club level seats which included pit passes.
Motoxdoc
2/17/2015 6:47pm
Brent wrote:
I bought tickets for A1 from a dealership for $40......ate dinner in the parking lot after practice, then snuck in a couple drinks and trail mix in my pockets and wahla....a cheap day full of excitement! IMO the lower more expensive seats suck, unless you've never seen a racer do a triple up close (that's what practice is for). If you want to see the entire track and the race strategy unfold from the gate drop to the finish, you're better off in the higher cheaper seats.
2/17/2015 6:52pm
A guy on Pulp said he looked at tickets for Indu and lower level was $170 each. That's if you buy tickets from a reseller. Have...

That's if you buy tickets from a reseller. Have ticket prices really risen all that much?
My tickets for nj last year were $47 this year $120 something both bought through ticketmaster not a broker so yes they went up. That's the same seats by the way
Honda11
2/17/2015 6:59pm
Last year I paid about 125 for 2 tickets 2nd row right in the middle at indy. I went to purchase them again right when they went on sale for 2015 and they were over $200, needless to say I didn't buy them. Whereas I bought 2 tickets to each atlanta race for $168 total after taxes. They were too bad of seats, still lower section.
rocrac
2/17/2015 7:09pm
It's the $10 beers that piss me off.
2/17/2015 7:13pm
@ jasen bougher , everyone that ive talked to thats going to the nj sx this year that have bought tickets all paid the same as last year and some have gotten their tickets even cheaper than last year.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
2/17/2015 9:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 9:42pm
My tickets for Houston were $55 + $10 in ticketmaster fees a seat for section 342 on ticketmaster. This price seems to be normal.

My tickets for Dallas at AT&T Stadium are normally around $75 a ticket for the club level seating. I remember seeing a price for well over $100 a ticket for that same level of seating when I checked tickets a few months ago. I was confused on why they were so expensive so I didn't buy any. I ended up doing the BTO Sports VIP thing so I never looked at those ticket prices again. I kept hearing about some coupon you could get for 1/2 off your ticket price though. Maybe they increased prices but added more coupons? I don't know. The attendance seemed normal though so evidently people didn't mind spending that much or there was a way to get better prices because the club level looked nearly if not completely sold out.
willie838
2/17/2015 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 9:54pm
A guy on Pulp said he looked at tickets for Indu and lower level was $170 each. That's if you buy tickets from a reseller. Have...

My tickets for nj last year were $47 this year $120 something both bought through ticketmaster not a broker so yes they went up. That's the...
My tickets for nj last year were $47 this year $120 something both bought through ticketmaster not a broker so yes they went up. That's the same seats by the way
this is the reason i haven't bought tickets for this year.

i thought it was roughly a 100% price increase from last year haha

i'm a die hard but but not getting drilled in the ass to see it live.

--

to the dude who said the nj seats are the same/cheaper, can you refer me to where people are buying them? the prices i'm referring to are on the ticketmaster website.

IWreckALot
2/18/2015 6:13am
I paid $70 at one of the dealers two weeks before the Arlington race. They came with pit passes complimentary also. That was for lower bowl about the 30 yard line.

My biggest complaint is parking is $30. I wish they would find a way to work the parking fees into the ticket prices or at least sell the parking pass when they sell the tickets. Maybe this is just personal preference but I hate spending $280 on 4 tickets then having to shell out another $30 for parking. It would feel better psychologically if I could pay $310 when I buy the tickets and be done with it.
jmx411
2/18/2015 6:23am
Atlanta has been the same for years, they even dropped the "end zone" section the last few years. The only section that has went up is the club section which I understand why
enketchum
2/18/2015 8:55am
Motoxdoc wrote:
I bought tickets for A1 from a dealership for $40......ate dinner in the parking lot after practice, then snuck in a couple drinks and trail mix...
I bought tickets for A1 from a dealership for $40......ate dinner in the parking lot after practice, then snuck in a couple drinks and trail mix in my pockets and wahla....a cheap day full of excitement! IMO the lower more expensive seats suck, unless you've never seen a racer do a triple up close (that's what practice is for). If you want to see the entire track and the race strategy unfold from the gate drop to the finish, you're better off in the higher cheaper seats.
Finally someone who understands! You have to sit high. You have to buy your tickets at Yamaha dealerships for Anaheims!

We went to Bert's to look at their San Diego tickets and they sucked balls. They had outfield seats under the new jumbo tron for 39 dollars. I looked at the track map and saw that this was behind the start straight and far away from the track. I looked on ticket master and they had upper level seats for 20 dollars plus fees. I went home and bought our seats that night. They were very good seats for 31 dollars a piece. Much better than the 39 dollar seats they had a Bert's.

Also, San Diego lets your bring in whatever food you want as long as it's not hard. They said to cut up apples and other hard foods so you can't throw them. They also allow sealed water bottles and juices. This information was available on their website. We packed a ton of snacks and water and took the train down from Mission Hills by our hotel. We at Subway for lunch and then watched practice all day. Went through the pits several times. Then ate the rest of our subway on the grass behind the outfield while watching the outside jumbo tron before the night show started. It was so nice. The train ride back to mission hills was packed though. It was ok because it was mostly people from the race.

You gotta be cheap. I do research to find how to keep it cheap.
enketchum
2/18/2015 8:56am
It came out that ticketmaster is using Flex Pricing for supercross this year. That means the price of every ticket goes up when the demand is high. I assume this means the prices will go up the week before the race as that is when tickets sell most.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
2/18/2015 9:00am
Brent wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
I bought tickets for A1 from a dealership for $40......ate dinner in the parking lot after practice, then snuck in a couple drinks and trail mix...
Yeah, I missed the boat on the dealership tickets. I used to love the $15 S.D. tickets! I don't eat in the stadium either.
2/18/2015 11:10am
It looks like the "sideline" 100 level tickets for NJ are $153, but the "end zone" seats in 100 level are $65. Plenty of seats available in the 300 level for $25/$37.

Most expensive I can find for Indy is $95, but I don't know where that is since most of the lower bowl is sold out.
2/18/2015 11:14am
Brent wrote:
Had probably the best stadium food I've ever had in SD. Huge pulled pork sandwich, coleslaw, macaroni salad. All for $10.

The concessions crew wasn't used to a crowd actually showing up at the stadium, though. The lines were ridiculous.
motomike137
2/18/2015 11:48am
I don't mind the ticket price as nearly as much as the ridiculous fees. The prices here for the Detroit round are very reasonable but it chaps my ass to no end to pay nearly 50% markup in fees!
enketchum
2/18/2015 12:48pm
I don't mind the ticket price as nearly as much as the ridiculous fees. The prices here for the Detroit round are very reasonable but it...
I don't mind the ticket price as nearly as much as the ridiculous fees. The prices here for the Detroit round are very reasonable but it chaps my ass to no end to pay nearly 50% markup in fees!
It's the only way FELD can pay the riders more.... oh wait
jmx411
2/10/2016 8:13am
I have not been one to complain with Feld about ticket prices because they have always been a great value, but what is this thing they are doing now with supply and demand with their prices this year? Atlanta tickets have jumped to $99 for lower level tickets.
early
Fantasy
2231st
2/10/2016 8:43am
I don't mind the ticket price as nearly as much as the ridiculous fees. The prices here for the Detroit round are very reasonable but it...
Last year there were plenty of tickets available at the stadium box office for about $40. I was on the second level and there was noone checking tickets so we just sat whereever we wanted to.

Post a reply to: Have you guys complaining about rising ticket prices been confused this whole time?

The Latest