Have the wheels come off the FC Gieco Honda bandwagon?

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:54pm
Seems like the wheels have come off the Factory Connection Gieco Honda bandwagon with Barcia breaking his nose and Tomac suffering from heat exhaustion at Millville. Guess team were being more aware, protective after Lichtle tragedy at Red Bud.
Got to say i expected Barcia and Tomac to be battling more for moto wins, or are the Pro Circuit juggernaut of Wilson, Rattray and Baggett just too strong, with the exception of Broc Tickle who looks lke he left his form back in Vegas.
|
dboivin
7/19/2011 9:26am
tickle is riding very similar to last year outdoors. nothing surprising there. actually a little better as he was always back farther trying to come forward last year. not a holeshotter.
smental
7/19/2011 9:31am
fc gieco need to sign durham, he has been riding so well and with more backing, he would be a front runner for sure
mag23
7/19/2011 9:33am
Tomac isn't the same rider after Texas last year, admit it, or not... Barcia has shown he's as fast as anyone, but damn, have you seen those crashes? FC has one championship this year, which is the same number as PC...
jap114
7/19/2011 10:34am
Last I heard - Justin Bogle, who rides for FC as an amateur, will join them in the pro ranks after Loretta's.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/19/2011 11:13am
Wheels off? I think that's taking things a bit too far.

Could they have used a lot less injuries? Yes.

Do they have the talent? Yes.

Could they have done without a lot of crashes? Yes.

Maybe a few less DNFs or DNSs? Yes.

Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki is firing on all cylinders this summer. Preparation, equipment, riders, and intangibles like luck. That's a tough combo to beat when it all falls in place.
SethGator
7/19/2011 11:32am
Is Jimmy D. making his return this weekend? with Barcia having the broken nose, could Lance Vincent and the #245 be back under the tent?

rider line-up?

eli tomac #19
will hahn #31
jim decotis #66
lance vincent #245
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
7/19/2011 11:44am
PC has what counts most for a 250 team, an endless budget, and that is the difference.
DownSouth
7/19/2011 11:51am
SethGator wrote:
Is Jimmy D. making his return this weekend? with Barcia having the broken nose, could Lance Vincent and the #245 be back under the tent? rider...
Is Jimmy D. making his return this weekend? with Barcia having the broken nose, could Lance Vincent and the #245 be back under the tent?

rider line-up?

eli tomac #19
will hahn #31
jim decotis #66
lance vincent #245
Since Barcia raced the second moto and finished 6th after breaking his nose in the first moto I would guess he will be racing Washougal.
SethGator
7/19/2011 11:56am
DownSouth wrote:
Since Barcia raced the second moto and finished 6th after breaking his nose in the first moto I would guess he will be racing Washougal.
yeah...you would think, but on the otherhand...he already had a bout with mono, throw a broken nose on top, which might require surgery...and I think they might call this season done.
FIREfish148
7/19/2011 11:58am
smental wrote:
fc gieco need to sign durham, he has been riding so well and with more backing, he would be a front runner for sure
Ding ding ding ding we have a winnner.
captmoto
7/19/2011 12:00pm
No, shit just happens.
7/19/2011 12:11pm
I believe they said at Millville that Larocco had been making them (the Geico riders) run around on sand dunes, 100 push ups every morning etc... basically working them pretty hard and trying to toughen them up.

Far be it for me to question ML - but that doesn't exactly sound like a good idea mid season and right before one of the toughest Nationals on the tour. I would've thought that would have the opposite effect.
M-M
7/19/2011 12:13pm
I believe they said at Millville that Larocco had been making them (the Geico riders) run around on sand dunes, 100 push ups every morning etc...
I believe they said at Millville that Larocco had been making them (the Geico riders) run around on sand dunes, 100 push ups every morning etc... basically working them pretty hard and trying to toughen them up.

Far be it for me to question ML - but that doesn't exactly sound like a good idea mid season and right before one of the toughest Nationals on the tour. I would've thought that would have the opposite effect.
Did Mike think they were unfit/not training hard enough? ----Genuine question
G Force
7/19/2011 12:34pm
UpTiTe wrote:
PC has what counts most for a 250 team, an endless budget, and that is the difference.
How do you know teams budgets? Just curious. Thanks.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
7/19/2011 12:47pm
It's a combination of a bunch of factors like some have mentioned.

One thing I have noticed though is that their riders seem to be affected by the heat more than the Monster PC guys. Not sure if it is due to different training regimens or where they are training (Colorado for instance is NOT an ideal place to train for heat) or if it's just that riding for Mitch gives riders a mental edge due to confidence, fear, or both that keeps them from giving in to the heat as quickly.

In my opinion they have the talent and the bikes, they've had some bad luck with injuries, but they could stand to improve their training and race day prep to prevent heat issues. This goes especially for Tomac. I mean, come on, it's been over a year since his issue in Texas and he still has trouble making it through 2 motos on hot days.
7/19/2011 1:13pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
It's a combination of a bunch of factors like some have mentioned. One thing I have noticed though is that their riders seem to be affected...

One thing I have noticed though is that their riders seem to be affected by the heat more than the Monster PC guys. Not sure if it is due to different training regimens or where they are training (Colorado for instance is NOT an ideal place to train for heat) or if it's just that riding for Mitch gives riders a mental edge due to confidence, fear, or both that keeps them from giving in to the heat as quickly.

In my opinion they have the talent and the bikes, they've had some bad luck with injuries, but they could stand to improve their training and race day prep to prevent heat issues. This goes especially for Tomac. I mean, come on, it's been over a year since his issue in Texas and he still has trouble making it through 2 motos on hot days.
Bagget and Rattray train with Villopoto Weimer and Aldon Baker. Not sure about Wilson.

Dunno what that means but they have not had issues with the heat.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/19/2011 1:15pm
GuyB wrote:
Wheels off? I think that's taking things a bit too far. Could they have used a lot less injuries? Yes. Do they have the talent? Yes...
Wheels off? I think that's taking things a bit too far.

Could they have used a lot less injuries? Yes.

Do they have the talent? Yes.

Could they have done without a lot of crashes? Yes.

Maybe a few less DNFs or DNSs? Yes.

Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki is firing on all cylinders this summer. Preparation, equipment, riders, and intangibles like luck. That's a tough combo to beat when it all falls in place.
Sums it up, right there.
IWreckALot
7/19/2011 2:50pm
UpTiTe wrote:
G Force wrote:
How do you know teams budgets? Just curious. Thanks.
Didn't Emig mention that the Pro Circuit team guys will ride for less money just to ride on the winning team? He was talking about Tyla Rattray at the time. But they even did a story where Dean Wilson approached Mitch for a ride.

I think Mitch is just a motivator. He knows what he's doing on and off the bike.

Even when the PC guys get a bad start, they manage to will themselves to the front which is an indication of motivation, committment and fitness.

I'd be curious to see how the PC guys do on different bikes though.
TeamGreen
7/19/2011 2:53pm
smental wrote:
TLD or R-Star
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
7/19/2011 3:31pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
It's a combination of a bunch of factors like some have mentioned. One thing I have noticed though is that their riders seem to be affected...

Bagget and Rattray train with Villopoto Weimer and Aldon Baker. Not sure about Wilson. Dunno what that means but they have not had issues with the...
Bagget and Rattray train with Villopoto Weimer and Aldon Baker. Not sure about Wilson.

Dunno what that means but they have not had issues with the heat.
I know Bagget, Rattray, Villopoto, Dungey, and Reed all train in the florida heat.

Training in the heat and humidity isn't as much of an advantage of getting physically in better shape, it's more of a mental advantage of just knowing that you can ride in those conditions without passing out. It's all about the mental advantage.

And I really think that is what the Monster PC guys have in spades. They line up at the gate just KNOWING they are in the best shape out of all the riders, on the best bike, and that nothing is holding them back from winning. That mentality shows up on the track.
jamma10
7/19/2011 6:06pm
Im sure Carlos Macho can explain Tomac's somewhat lacklustre 2011 outdoor season. In February he was the 'fastest rookie MX2 rider on the planet'....
machine
7/19/2011 6:12pm
The wheels aren't off, but they are turning a lot slower than last year.
muGz.147
Fantasy
1792nd
7/19/2011 6:17pm
smental wrote:
FC Geico or PC Monster?

Durham > Tickle

Post a reply to: Have the wheels come off the FC Gieco Honda bandwagon?

The Latest