Has mookie gotten penalized for shoving jb?

racer369
3/10/2014 11:13am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2014 7:23pm
Its not like only a few people saw it. im not a jb fan at all but if some other rider did it besides him, most of you would be raisning hell on here. is ama going to doll out anything or just keep their heads in the fl sun?
|
huck
3/10/2014 11:15am
He should...that's 2 times he's physically assaulted another rider this season.
kongols
3/10/2014 11:19am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 11:20am
Barcia got a lawyer.

Regis
Fantasy
320th
3/10/2014 11:22am
"physically assaulted"

LMAO.

Seriously? A little shove?

The Shop

davistld01
3/10/2014 11:23am
kongols wrote:
Barcia got a lawyer. [img]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hMirxxGlMOQ/TbyZtNDF9TI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/SAGx8kIWsKM/s1600/anigif_the-most-mesmerizing-gif-of-the-day.gif[/img]
Barcia got a lawyer.

Wow...had to bring that up from the dead, didn't you?
peelout
3/10/2014 11:26am
Regis wrote:
"physically assaulted"

LMAO.

i agree about the absurdity of "physical assault" but the shoving is fucking juvenile. i was waiting for the hop-up-down temper tantrum. the "oops my throttle stuck" thing was dumb as well.
Skerby
3/10/2014 11:26am
It would be cool to see a good old fashioned brawl out on the track. They do it in hockey, and a guaranteed 90% of the fanbase would approve.
sec114
3/10/2014 11:36am
emig drop kicking larocco at a sx comes to mind.
hell a handfull of the sx races between bradshaw and chicken.
cd0583
3/10/2014 11:38am
@racer369 a push? Penalized? Where I'm from we call you "bitchmade"...
dsmith
Fantasy
1407th
3/10/2014 11:44am
what a dick move by mookie...i hope he gets some kinda expulsion/suspened...he prob watched replay and laughed.
Regis
Fantasy
320th
3/10/2014 11:48am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 11:54am
Regis wrote:
"physically assaulted"

LMAO.

peelout wrote:
i agree about the absurdity of "physical assault" but the shoving is fucking juvenile. i was waiting for the hop-up-down temper tantrum. the "oops my throttle...
i agree about the absurdity of "physical assault" but the shoving is fucking juvenile. i was waiting for the hop-up-down temper tantrum. the "oops my throttle stuck" thing was dumb as well.
It was a playground shove.

I've done it, its been done to me, it was frustration. The clutch pop and "launch" of the bike? it happens when the guy who took you out is blocking you from going. I see no foul, I am sure he will get a warning, as he should but some on here are taking this to another level. If you are going to take another guy out, make sure you get away while doing it. That is the rule of thumb.

I am sure both riders will be given a talking too and that should be it.
huck
3/10/2014 11:48am
Regis wrote:
"physically assaulted"

LMAO.

assault 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. In some states if the assault is with a deadly weapon (such as sniping with a rifle), the intended victim does not need to know of the peril. Other state laws distinguish between different degrees (first or second) of assault depending on whether there is actual hitting, injury or just a threat. "Aggravated assault" is an attack connected with the commission of another crime, such as beating a clerk during a robbery. 2) n. the act of committing an assault, as in "there was an assault down on Third Avenue." Assault is both a criminal wrong, for which one may be charged and tried, and civil wrong for which the target may sue for damages due to the assault, including for mental distress.
3/10/2014 11:51am
cd0583 wrote:
@racer369 a push? Penalized? Where I'm from we call you "bitchmade"...
Bitchmade is right.
Regis
Fantasy
320th
3/10/2014 11:51am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 11:55am
Regis wrote:
"physically assaulted"

LMAO.

huck wrote:
assault 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be...
assault 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. In some states if the assault is with a deadly weapon (such as sniping with a rifle), the intended victim does not need to know of the peril. Other state laws distinguish between different degrees (first or second) of assault depending on whether there is actual hitting, injury or just a threat. "Aggravated assault" is an attack connected with the commission of another crime, such as beating a clerk during a robbery. 2) n. the act of committing an assault, as in "there was an assault down on Third Avenue." Assault is both a criminal wrong, for which one may be charged and tried, and civil wrong for which the target may sue for damages due to the assault, including for mental distress.
I know what you are saying.

I still find it hysterically funny that anyone would refer to that as an "assault".

Maybe Barcia can now get a restraining order against Mookie or maybe sue for giving him "mental distress"?
kongols
3/10/2014 11:53am
Oh boy...
huck
3/10/2014 12:01pm
Regis wrote:
"physically assaulted"

LMAO.

huck wrote:
assault 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be...
Regis wrote:
I know what you are saying. I still find it hysterically funny that anyone would refer to that as an "assault". Maybe Barcia can now get...

I still find it hysterically funny that anyone would refer to that as an "assault".

Maybe Barcia can now get a restraining order against Mookie or maybe sue for giving him "mental distress"?
Come on regis... there are plenty of other fish this was intended for. lol Wink
KlootZak
3/10/2014 12:10pm
Barcia's fault

He's expecting everbody to act like his little b*tch (ex. Short in the race earlier) but Malcolm is not having it. Barcia should have done a clean pass without taking them both down. If somebody should get a penalty, then it's Barcia ...
Regis
Fantasy
320th
3/10/2014 12:13pm
huck wrote:
Regis wrote:
I know what you are saying. I still find it hysterically funny that anyone would refer to that as an "assault". Maybe Barcia can now get...

huck wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Daaammmmmiiiittttttt!!!!!

I knew it. Well played sir, well played.
huck
3/10/2014 12:18pm
Regis wrote:

huck wrote:
Regis wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I didn't even get to break out the "he used a deadly weapon" when he launched his bike at JB's head.... Party pooper! lol
jndmx
3/10/2014 12:32pm
huck wrote:
Regis wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

huck wrote:
I didn't even get to break out the "he used a deadly weapon" when he launched his bike at JB's head.... Party pooper! lol
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh....Regis.

I was looking forward to some quality line work.
JM485
3/10/2014 1:11pm
I don't really think it was a big deal, but they need to remember that they are role models for a younger generation, and that stuff doesn't need to be happening in a professional race were thousands of people are watching. Sorry, but it doesn't send a good message, even though it was pretty funny.
3/10/2014 1:58pm
JM485 wrote:
I don't really think it was a big deal, but they need to remember that they are role models for a younger generation, and that stuff...
I don't really think it was a big deal, but they need to remember that they are role models for a younger generation, and that stuff doesn't need to be happening in a professional race were thousands of people are watching. Sorry, but it doesn't send a good message, even though it was pretty funny.
Sends the message of give shit, get ready to take some shit. A lesson in reality.
3/10/2014 2:06pm
JM485 wrote:
I don't really think it was a big deal, but they need to remember that they are role models for a younger generation, and that stuff...
I hate that argument.

If kids are looking at professional athletes as role models I have a lot of concerns.
peelout
3/10/2014 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 2:20pm
JM485 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
I hate that argument.

If kids are looking at professional athletes as role models I have a lot of concerns.
true, they SHOULDN'T be regarded as role models and it's the parent's job to raise them blah blah blah fuckin' same song and dance as always...

but if you don't think kids watching basketball, baseball, football, nascar, supercross, etc. don't want to be just like the guys they're watching on tv then you're a clueless sperm beard.
Uncleof2
3/10/2014 2:40pm
We had a SX party at our dealership and when Barcia block passed Short I said to a bunch of guys he better not try that with
Mookie. A few laps later as they were going down that straight and Barcia was on the inside I said " watch this it's going to
be good" and sure enough neither rider disappointed.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1620th
3/10/2014 2:49pm
I had no problem with what Barcia did or Malcolms using him for traction, but then again I had no problem with Alessi knocking Tickle out of the park either other than him being an Alessi. Just like the WWF every sport needs its villains. I also liked VP when he did his Jlaw smackdown but I am old school and raced at 59th and Douglas back in the 70s and 80s which was a full contact track.
JM485
3/10/2014 2:56pm
TripleFive wrote:
I hate that argument.

Depends on who you look at. I don't see any reason kids shouldn't be able to look up to RV, RD, or most of the guys out on the track. Obviously there are always a few rotten apples in the bunch, but this is still a professional event and crap like that doesn't need to happen. Is it a big deal and do I think he should be penalized? No, not at all, but I do think the AMA should maybe have a conversation with him about it. We all make mistakes and in the heat of the moment stuff happens.

Post a reply to: Has mookie gotten penalized for shoving jb?

The Latest